These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[March] Balance Tweaks: Focused Warp Scrambling Script

First post First post First post
Author
Ted McManfist
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#161 - 2017-02-23 20:21:24 UTC
Mizhir wrote:


Says the guy from the alliance known for bringing superior numbers to everything.


And your point is?

Sorry I can make friends and enjoy playing the game with them. If you don't want blobbed, stay away. vOv
Suitonia
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#162 - 2017-02-23 20:23:04 UTC
ArmyOfMe wrote:
So bloody confused as to what i think about this idea.
Its not like those hic points stop most nano gangs anymore since 100mn fits is the new meta, but still.
.


Guess why it's a 100mn meta
Because of HICs dawg

Contributer to Eve is Easy:  https://www.youtube.com/user/eveiseasy/videos

Solo PvP is possible with a 20 day old character! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOB4KXYk-o

Ted McManfist
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#163 - 2017-02-23 20:23:35 UTC
Mira Chieve wrote:

94 percent gangs.

Ok you know what you are on about.

I think you should go back to your Sanctum, the next wave seems to have spawned.


Didn't this used to be your space? Too soon?

Don't hate me because I'm not a friendless loser. If you can't handle the blob, stay away.
Mira Chieve
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#164 - 2017-02-23 20:34:31 UTC
Ted McManfist wrote:
Mira Chieve wrote:

94 percent gangs.

Ok you know what you are on about.

I think you should go back to your Sanctum, the next wave seems to have spawned.


Didn't this used to be your space? Too soon?

Don't hate me because I'm not a friendless loser. If you can't handle the blob, stay away.


Whatever you say sheep #2789.
Ted McManfist
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#165 - 2017-02-23 20:43:40 UTC
Mira Chieve wrote:
Ted McManfist wrote:
Mira Chieve wrote:

94 percent gangs.

Ok you know what you are on about.

I think you should go back to your Sanctum, the next wave seems to have spawned.


Didn't this used to be your space? Too soon?

Don't hate me because I'm not a friendless loser. If you can't handle the blob, stay away.


Whatever you say sheep #2789.


I'm sorry I don't play the game according to your solo samurai style. You want 1v1? go nuts! My play style isn't any less valid because you don't care for it.

You and your ilk are booty-blasted because you ONLY want to fight with a zero percent chance of losing. The long HIC scrambler gave people like me a non-zero chance to stop people like you, and you can't have that. Your narrative is safe again.
Ugly Eric
Drone Renter Federation
#166 - 2017-02-23 20:54:31 UTC
exiik Shardani wrote:
Ugly Eric wrote:
one thing ppl seem to have missed completely is the usage of hics as a antitackle platform. Especially the onyx and the devoter. Those two ships have been practically untackleable with frigs heretills. When the devoter with pulses or a onyx with rapid lights gets tackled by a frig, the frig has not had the slightest chanche of survival, unless bunch of logi keeping them alive.

Another point that has been almost completely dismissed here is the fact, that HIC's dont need to sacrifice anything else for the 40km scram, as it is a highslot module, whitch they all have a utility high for. Arazus, huginns etc. other controlplatforms all haveto sacrifice midslots for tackle. That has and will be a HUGE advantage for hics, even without 40km, but 21km scram.

And pls stop saying RIP HIC's, as this change in my mind still keeps them as very valid ship, but not having a completely unfair advantage to them. 21km scram is still very powerfull tool. Not to forget their 40km disruptor.

!


well did you realize that HIC cannot get remote reps but frig in your example can? as well 2 times cheaper arazu can be remote rep...
who care about 37km disruptor when any HIC is slow as fu... well as destroyer and everybody with little brain, mwd and small capacitor can manage easily escape...

if you need nerf HIC, it is still better to let them have scram like 28km when faction 37km is so huge problem...

btw. did you try fit devoter as solo combat ship? I think not... try fit it with heavy pulses and then speak about tank...


Well, actually yes. Quite a few times. Either by myself or by a corpie on a roam. Between us we have around 100 killmarks with the thing.

Quote:

[Devoter, Devoter **** tissue]
Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Centum B-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Medium Capacitor Booster II
Stasis Webifier II
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
True Sansha Warp Disruption Field Generator

Medium Energy Locus Coordinator II
Medium Energy Metastasis Adjuster II



Warrior II x5
Acolyte II x5

Navy Cap Booster 400 x32
Focused Warp Disruption Script x1
Conflagration M x5
Scorch M x10
Imperial Navy Xray M x5
Imperial Navy Infrared M x5
Nanite Repair Paste x238



1741 m/s cold 2453 hot
304 dps with scorch to 39.7 + 6.25 km. cold.
262 hp/s tank cold 339.1 hp/s tank hot. Replace with AAR to get more peak tank.

Similar fit is possible to onyx with even better weapon DPS and aplication. Devoter has flight of small drones to top the 304 dps it pumps with pulses.
Suitonia
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#167 - 2017-02-23 20:56:11 UTC
Ted McManfist wrote:

You and your ilk are booty-blasted because you ONLY want to fight with a zero percent chance of losing. The long HIC scrambler gave people like me a non-zero chance to stop people like you, and you can't have that. Your narrative is safe again.


Speaking of risk, You could also use a Lachesis, but then that has 1/3rd of the EHP so you might actually lose it to a gang if you're out of position. HICs having the EHP that they do, with the scram range was oppressive and the answer to 80% of ships in the metagame. Pretty much everyone in the small gang community already adjusted to flying 100mn AB stuff or Orthrus (Which your HIC is useless against).

This whole risk vs reward argument is entirely ********.

Of course people want to win, and they don't want to lose their ship. For us goons, that means we're going to bring friends, for smaller sides, they're going to use ships that don't have to commit because in brawling you're always going to lose if you're outnumbered, there is significantly less outplay potential vs kiting gangs where a smaller but more skilled kiting gang can win against more unorganised kiters.

The problem with HICs was they were the answer to almost everything cruiser sized or bigger, forced the meta to change to 100mn by themselves, don't have much counterplay and combined the roles of multiple specialised ships into 1 150k EHP package. They killed 80% of the roaming meta, forcing people into Orthrus, Keres Damps or 100mn AB.

Unironically the only kiting ship that I think is absurd and needs nerfing (The Orthrus) is the one ship that didn't get hurt as much as almost everything else, including brawling ships like BCs and BS with MJDs that relied on them to escape from small frigate tacklers that didn't commit to scram range. The HICs hurt the brawling meta almost as much, if not more than the kiting metagame.

I for one am glad to see 5x more options by removing HICs.

Contributer to Eve is Easy:  https://www.youtube.com/user/eveiseasy/videos

Solo PvP is possible with a 20 day old character! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOB4KXYk-o

exiik Shardani
Imperial Spacedrill and Logistics
Rezeda Regnum
#168 - 2017-02-23 21:09:23 UTC
Mira Chieve wrote:


Solo Beam Devoter is pretty strong. 40km scram and 500 dps at that range?
Try tackling it with anything smaller than a HIC.
AAR is plenty of tank, how much damage are you going to project and apply at 40km?

But you have no clue. Calling HICs slow as fu.


what about anything with neuts? or anything with AB? double prop 200ac svipul will troll you hard... or every frig can orbit you at 500 and you hit nothing...

sry for my English :-(

Mizhir
Escalated.
Project Gungnir.
#169 - 2017-02-23 21:11:33 UTC
Ted McManfist wrote:
Mizhir wrote:


Says the guy from the alliance known for bringing superior numbers to everything.


And your point is?

Sorry I can make friends and enjoy playing the game with them. If you don't want blobbed, stay away. vOv


If you don't want to getkited, stay away. The logic goes both ways. You blob in order to lower the risk of losing your ships. I kite instead.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Ugly Eric
Drone Renter Federation
#170 - 2017-02-23 21:14:29 UTC
exiik Shardani wrote:
Mira Chieve wrote:


Solo Beam Devoter is pretty strong. 40km scram and 500 dps at that range?
Try tackling it with anything smaller than a HIC.
AAR is plenty of tank, how much damage are you going to project and apply at 40km?

But you have no clue. Calling HICs slow as fu.


what about anything with neuts? or anything with AB? double prop 200ac svipul will troll you hard... or every frig can orbit you at 500 and you hit nothing...


Wrong, look at the fit I posted above.

Anyway, fact is that no ship should be uncounterable. Every ship, every module, every tactic should have a counter to it. Otherwise it will not be rock/paper/scissors
Suitonia
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#171 - 2017-02-23 21:19:14 UTC
exiik Shardani wrote:
Mira Chieve wrote:


Solo Beam Devoter is pretty strong. 40km scram and 500 dps at that range?
Try tackling it with anything smaller than a HIC.
AAR is plenty of tank, how much damage are you going to project and apply at 40km?

But you have no clue. Calling HICs slow as fu.


what about anything with neuts? or anything with AB? double prop 200ac svipul will troll you hard... or every frig can orbit you at 500 and you hit nothing...


It has 25m3 of drones so it can force off a frigate pretty easily. Also, a dual prop svipul and most frigate is slower than devoter with AB on if it doesn't have you scrammed, so you need to get caught by it, or it needs to land on you at 0km (Both of which are you getting outplayed/******* up).

If you ram Devoter in a Svipul, you will get scrammed at 20km~. and he will MWD away while you AB at him slower and you'll die.

Contributer to Eve is Easy:  https://www.youtube.com/user/eveiseasy/videos

Solo PvP is possible with a 20 day old character! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOB4KXYk-o

exiik Shardani
Imperial Spacedrill and Logistics
Rezeda Regnum
#172 - 2017-02-23 21:23:19 UTC
Ugly Eric wrote:

Wrong, look at the fit I posted above.

Anyway, fact is that no ship should be uncounterable. Every ship, every module, every tactic should have a counter to it. Otherwise it will not be rock/paper/scissors


pulse devoter is fine with web it can track, but beam cannot track at close range most of small things even with web.

tbh is not better or more effective use deimos, vigiliant or orthrus? I think you do not undock anymore with that pulse devoter

sry for my English :-(

Suitonia
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#173 - 2017-02-23 21:29:23 UTC
exiik Shardani wrote:
Ugly Eric wrote:

Wrong, look at the fit I posted above.

Anyway, fact is that no ship should be uncounterable. Every ship, every module, every tactic should have a counter to it. Otherwise it will not be rock/paper/scissors


pulse devoter is fine with web it can track, but beam cannot track at close range most of small things even with web.

tbh is not better or more effective use deimos, vigiliant or orthrus? I think you do not undock anymore with that pulse devoter


Vigilant is much more vulnerable, only has 19km/20km web with no links and less tank.
Deimos needs to ram, it dies to a blob.

Orthrus is still pretty good, but it's also not as oppressive against cruiser+ like HIC was.

Contributer to Eve is Easy:  https://www.youtube.com/user/eveiseasy/videos

Solo PvP is possible with a 20 day old character! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOB4KXYk-o

Mira Chieve
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#174 - 2017-02-23 21:34:02 UTC
exiik Shardani wrote:
Mira Chieve wrote:


Solo Beam Devoter is pretty strong. 40km scram and 500 dps at that range?
Try tackling it with anything smaller than a HIC.
AAR is plenty of tank, how much damage are you going to project and apply at 40km?

But you have no clue. Calling HICs slow as fu.


what about anything with neuts? or anything with AB? double prop 200ac svipul will troll you hard... or every frig can orbit you at 500 and you hit nothing...


Wait how are you going to get into scram range when I scram you at 40km?
Even with a 20km scram you will not glide into scram range.
A 1mn Svipul is still way too slow.

Of course if the nerf happens then you should replace beams with pulses and the Devoter will not be such a strong solo ship anymore.

But with a 40km scram? Ridiculous....


Ugly Eric
Drone Renter Federation
#175 - 2017-02-23 21:35:48 UTC
exiik Shardani wrote:
Ugly Eric wrote:

Wrong, look at the fit I posted above.

Anyway, fact is that no ship should be uncounterable. Every ship, every module, every tactic should have a counter to it. Otherwise it will not be rock/paper/scissors


pulse devoter is fine with web it can track, but beam cannot track at close range most of small things even with web.

tbh is not better or more effective use deimos, vigiliant or orthrus? I think you do not undock anymore with that pulse devoter


I think I keep flying my devoter. Now I just need to use regular focus point script for offencive work and focused scram script for defencive work and I need to be able to recognize the possible change of the situation in good time beforehand beacause cycletime.

I still do think this change is very good.

Ofcourse everyone wants a ship that's indestructible, 7000m/s without heat, implants or links, 5000dps to gridwide range, but that would break the game. Devoter / onyx was not that good, but they were pretty damned good.

They still do have 21km scram, whitch is more than most other ships. They still do have that scram / 40km disruptor in a HIGHSLOT, they still have huge tank if fitted to it.

Only problem I have is the broadsword and phobos. Mainly the broadsword is pretty useless at the moment. It could use a lilbit more range to autos and a dronebay, and it would be on par with the others.
Kruull Death
Supreme Headquarters Alien Defence Organisation
#176 - 2017-02-23 21:39:18 UTC
RIP HIC. time to extract HIC skills.
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#177 - 2017-02-23 21:39:42 UTC
Suitonia wrote:
Timm3h wrote:
*tips orthrus*
M' gameplay


Unironically HIC scrams just made Orthrus' much more prolific, because it's one of the few kiting ships that can project outside HIC Scram range while also tackling ships outside HIC scram range. What HICs killed was solo brawling with MJDs entirely, cheap, affordable or accessible kiting ships (RIP anyone trying to just take out a nano thorax, cane or stabber etc.).

Flying 100mn stuff + needing a Keres to even undock if you want to do non Orthrus stuff is getting boring.


Orthruses however don't have brick tanks and tiny sigs like HICs which makes kiting vs kiting possible.
Meiqur Orez
Trillium Invariant
Honorable Third Party
#178 - 2017-02-23 21:42:50 UTC
Suitonia wrote:
Sp3ctr380 wrote:
clipper shore wrote:

so i ask what dumb ass csm member asked for this change...



Sounds like Hyde cried about it.


Pretty much the entire solo and small gang community agrees with him.
Renters and people who can't PVP without a cyno hate him.



No they don't.
exiik Shardani
Imperial Spacedrill and Logistics
Rezeda Regnum
#179 - 2017-02-23 21:48:37 UTC  |  Edited by: exiik Shardani
Mira Chieve wrote:


Wait how are you going to get into scram range when I scram you at 40km?
Even with a 20km scram you will not glide into scram range.
A 1mn Svipul is still way too slow.

Of course if the nerf happens then you should replace beams with pulses and the Devoter will not be such a strong solo ship anymore.

But with a 40km scram? Ridiculous....


where usual HIC tackle you?

after gate jump so where is HIC? near gate. so what do you solve that? you burn to gate (12km) and check if HIC is in scram range, if not just easily jump back...


39km warp disruptor is useless when most of others cruisers r faster. any solid kite ship can now easily tackle you even these null 4k+ m/s interceptor plague and you do nothing. HIC was only one ship which these tacklers try hold with high risk.

after that change I get more fun with any command ship for same price and with better chance to survive

sry for my English :-(

Bobmon
The Collective
Northern Coalition.
#180 - 2017-02-23 21:53:16 UTC
Happy Hyde Happy Life

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12