These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Early downtime on March 1

First post
Author
Sturmwolke
#81 - 2016-03-01 10:05:29 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
We have an early downtime on the Tranquility server on March 1, starting at 9:00 UTC.

This is a regular downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar. During the downtime we will run some cleanup jobs and then start TQ again.

Bullsheet level - 10
Forthright level - 0
Frack up level - 10

marly cortez
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#82 - 2016-03-01 10:05:33 UTC
It's a Sandbox guys,....Nothing is linear in here. Twisted

Humanity is the thin veneer that remains after you remove the baffled chimp.

Monasucks
BLACK SQUADRON.
The Bastion
#83 - 2016-03-01 10:06:42 UTC
BTW it's up again..

welcome to EVE Beta 2016

Monasucks Tumblr

Twitter

"A good worker is a live worker. Free to live - and work! A bad worker is a dead worker; and vice versa. Don't be a bad worker; bad workers are slaves, and dead."

JS Enforcer
Royal Amarr Transportation
Crayon Eaters
#84 - 2016-03-01 10:06:47 UTC
John Crichton Farscape wrote:
Doyey3731 wrote:
No warning, two hours early and lasting longer than normal, but it's a regular downtime?

Listen, we understand bad things happen, but treating your paying customers like morons isn't helping things.

How about cut the crap talk, treat us like adults and just level with us? It's starting to feel like it did a few years ago.


They have ours money already, they can treat as they want, they don't care, that's why i do the only thing i can, cancel, they won't get more money from me.


You say this now because you ****** off as we all are, But you'll be on again just like the rest of us will be because EVE is the best MMO have your moan like us all but you'll be playing again due to addiction, Like us all :D
My Postman
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#85 - 2016-03-01 10:06:58 UTC
Regular downtime? Pls tell the difference between a crash and a unannounced dowtnime.

Those two Posts from Phantom is a kick in the nuts of every paying customer.

A 6 year old Player is starting to lose respect, CCP.
Pete Toxcal
White Zulu
Scorpion Federation
#86 - 2016-03-01 10:07:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Pete Toxcal
Geronimo McVain wrote:
With all these changes last week crashes can happen, but please don't lie to us.

And why did the forum go down when the server does? Shouldn't be on the same machine so....


The CCP staff has to work as firefighters and I think they are much surprised about the crash called "early downtime". You can see that when you follow @EVE_status on twitter. This account has posted the "early downtime" message a few minutes after someone has written to them, that the servers are down (26 minutes after the server connection brokes).

Maybe that the current update inferno wasnt carefully enough prepared, but we shouldnt attack the current fire fighters.

I'm convinced, that they are doing their level best to reduce the impact.
Claudious Pious Herectus
Omerta.
#87 - 2016-03-01 10:11:23 UTC
Luke Skywalking wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
Khama Khazee wrote:
"regular downtime"....ahh of course.........

Regular in so far as it was not a crash or emergency reboot. Not regular in so far as there was a severe lack of warning and messaging before hand. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this.

If you have lost ships/items because of this early downtime, please contact Customer Support and they will look into this.


Actually it will be better if you just said its a crash/emergency reboot.

Cause it doesn't make sense to have a "scheduled maintenance" when no prior warnings and count down timer appeared in game, and twitter only updated AFTER the crash, I mean, scheduled downtime.

Cause it reflects badly on the internal working of CCP.

But nonetheless, we have to accept whatever reason you give, and best of luck in resolving the issues.

And do pardon us for posting our thoughts in here... we love the game, that's why we are vocal.




i, like others, am...heated about what has happened. but this guy has it right.
Dezu Flanch
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#88 - 2016-03-01 10:20:29 UTC
I was was into the hull of a structure and now it's armor is back to 100%, that's irritating.

Everyone involved did a lot of dumb things. Welcome to Eve?

SecretService
Secret Services
#89 - 2016-03-01 10:20:44 UTC
Another major issue with these unexpected downtimes is that we as players can't rely to do our activities because server might not respond to commands and get killed. That's a couple days off until we see server stabilized.
Max Slackbladder
Max's Mining and Salvage Corporation
Outer Planets Association
#90 - 2016-03-01 10:25:07 UTC
Ship and 'roids Ok. good work CCP.
Electrique Wizard
Mutually Lucrative Business Proposals
Brack Regen
#91 - 2016-03-01 10:27:05 UTC
You guys don't get it.
Unscheduled instant server crash = business as usual these days.

I am the Zodiac, I am the stars, You are the sorceress, my priestess of Mars, Queen of the night, swathed in satin black, Your ivory flesh upon my torture rack.

Sunset Airguitar
Doomheim
#92 - 2016-03-01 10:35:32 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
We have an early downtime on the Tranquility server on March 1, starting at 9:00 UTC.

This is a regular downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar


https://youtu.be/ip5T89jfJoA?t=29s
Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens
#93 - 2016-03-01 10:40:08 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
We have an early downtime on the Tranquility server on March 1, starting at 9:00 UTC.

This is a regular downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar. During the downtime we will run some cleanup jobs and then start TQ again.

The usual downtime, starting at 11:00 UTC, won't take place on March 1. The next downtime starting at 11:00 UTC can be expected on March 2.


Don't try to spin it. You look bad enough without adding 'dishonest' to the list of adjectives people are using to describe you this week.

The pos I'm shooting regained 10% shields during this "early downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar", btw.

Of course, it's a lose/lose situation. If you are somehow telling the truth, that makes you look even worse for not giving a **** about your customers!

Now, go write 100 times on the blackboard, "Tranquility is not a test platform." Then change back whatever you did last week that ****** everything up, and redo it where it belongs. Like maybe on the new hardware before it goes live, or somewhere, anywhere NOT the live game until it's tested and proven stable.

Don't ever forget that we pay you for this.

Do not run. We are your friends.

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2016-03-01 10:45:06 UTC
Tyranis Marcus wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
We have an early downtime on the Tranquility server on March 1, starting at 9:00 UTC.

This is a regular downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar. During the downtime we will run some cleanup jobs and then start TQ again.

The usual downtime, starting at 11:00 UTC, won't take place on March 1. The next downtime starting at 11:00 UTC can be expected on March 2.


Don't try to spin it. You look bad enough without adding 'dishonest' to the list of adjectives people are using to describe you this week.

The pos I'm shooting regained 10% shields during this "early downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar", btw.

Of course, it's a lose/lose situation. If you are somehow telling the truth, that makes you look even worse for not giving a **** about your customers!

Now, go write 100 times on the blackboard, "Tranquility is not a test platform." Then change back whatever you did last week that ****** everything up, and redo it where it belongs. Like maybe on the new hardware before it goes live, or somewhere, anywhere NOT the live game until it's tested and proven stable.

Don't ever forget that we pay you for this.
Chribba wrote:
They forgot to shift back the database DT time from 09:00 to 11:00 so the DB shut down and started jobs at the wrong time.

Not the first time hehe.

<3
Now, go write 100 times on the blackboard, '"The fact that I pay to play a game shouldn't make me act like an entitled moron".

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

John Crichton Farscape
Moi et mes Alt
#95 - 2016-03-01 11:02:05 UTC
JS Enforcer wrote:
John Crichton Farscape wrote:
Doyey3731 wrote:
No warning, two hours early and lasting longer than normal, but it's a regular downtime?

Listen, we understand bad things happen, but treating your paying customers like morons isn't helping things.

How about cut the crap talk, treat us like adults and just level with us? It's starting to feel like it did a few years ago.


They have ours money already, they can treat as they want, they don't care, that's why i do the only thing i can, cancel, they won't get more money from me.


You say this now because you ****** off as we all are, But you'll be on again just like the rest of us will be because EVE is the best MMO have your moan like us all but you'll be playing again due to addiction, Like us all :D


It depend of how many EvE OFFline i got before the end of my subscription, but it is not my first MMO i leave. And definitly don't want to be in front off a offline screen went i am in mood to play a game.
Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens
#96 - 2016-03-01 11:25:30 UTC
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Tyranis Marcus wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
We have an early downtime on the Tranquility server on March 1, starting at 9:00 UTC.

This is a regular downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar. During the downtime we will run some cleanup jobs and then start TQ again.

The usual downtime, starting at 11:00 UTC, won't take place on March 1. The next downtime starting at 11:00 UTC can be expected on March 2.


Don't try to spin it. You look bad enough without adding 'dishonest' to the list of adjectives people are using to describe you this week.

The pos I'm shooting regained 10% shields during this "early downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar", btw.

Of course, it's a lose/lose situation. If you are somehow telling the truth, that makes you look even worse for not giving a **** about your customers!

Now, go write 100 times on the blackboard, "Tranquility is not a test platform." Then change back whatever you did last week that ****** everything up, and redo it where it belongs. Like maybe on the new hardware before it goes live, or somewhere, anywhere NOT the live game until it's tested and proven stable.

Don't ever forget that we pay you for this.
Chribba wrote:
They forgot to shift back the database DT time from 09:00 to 11:00 so the DB shut down and started jobs at the wrong time.

Not the first time hehe.

<3
Now, go write 100 times on the blackboard, '"The fact that I pay to play a game shouldn't make me act like an entitled moron".


I'm damned well entitled to the service that I've already paid for. You want call someone entitled morons, start pointing fingers at the people who took the lazy shortcuts that caused this mess. It is easily avoidable. It just requires more work to do so.

Do not run. We are your friends.

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2016-03-01 11:42:07 UTC
Tyranis Marcus wrote:
I'm damned well entitled to the service that I've already paid for. You want call someone entitled morons, start pointing fingers at the people who took the lazy shortcuts that caused this mess. It is easily avoidable. It just requires more work to do so.
Look, in case you didn't notice, money is just paper, metal or data stored in a bank's servers.

On its own, it's good for nothing, except maybe to light a fire.

It takes people to do stuff, and these people have created and ran a wonderful game for 13 years.

Seriously man, I even apologize for the name-calling, but how can you be so ungrateful?


What makes you so sure that somebody didn't put enough competence and effort in doing their job? Especially considering that EVE servers run pretrty smoothly 99% of the time.

And even if mistakes were made, why are you so mad and unforgiving? Don't you ever make mistakes?


Again, sorry for my reaction, but your own reaction is unkind and also just... weird!

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Silverbackyererse
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#98 - 2016-03-01 12:02:15 UTC
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Rational stuff.



I think the vast majority of folks are reasonable and understanding generally mate but folks do not appreciate being patronised.

Cmon CCP, we all realise you just made a massive change to your stuffz and we can all see it's not erm "working as intented".
That's OK - crap happens but please don't hide it behind a stack of excrement posting.

Not being one to miss an opportunity, I'm AU TZ and we are really getting shafted out of game right now.
Any chance of a free set of Waschi Uprising Parade skins for your ever loyal antipodean customers? Lol





Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens
#99 - 2016-03-01 12:02:48 UTC
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Tyranis Marcus wrote:
I'm damned well entitled to the service that I've already paid for. You want call someone entitled morons, start pointing fingers at the people who took the lazy shortcuts that caused this mess. It is easily avoidable. It just requires more work to do so.
Look, in case you didn't notice, money is just paper, metal or data stored in a bank's servers.

On its own, it's good for nothing, except maybe to light a fire.

It takes people to do stuff, and these people have created and ran a wonderful game for 13 years.

Seriously man, I even apologize for the name-calling, but how can you be so ungrateful?


What makes you so sure that somebody didn't put enough competence and effort in doing their job? Especially considering that EVE servers run pretrty smoothly 99% of the time.

And even if mistakes were made, why are you so mad and unforgiving? Don't you ever make mistakes?


Again, sorry for my reaction, but your own reaction is unkind and also just... weird!


Because when it comes to doing mountains of torturous, tedious work to ensure reliable service, I've lived it. I know what it takes. I can also recognize when people aren't doing it, and I have no forgiveness for that. (I've cleaned up plenty of those messes.) Customer service is everything. Honestly, I don't know if it's because they don't know how, or because they don't want to do the work it takes.

Also, because being lied to about it pisses me off. The point I was intending to make about the 10% shield increase is that it indicates some rollback. I'd think it would be quite unusual for a scheduled downtime to cause rollback.

I shouldn't have posted a single word, I'll admit. I sat through downtime after downtime yesterday, when I was free to play all day. I set my alarm to wake up at 3 am this morning to shoot a pos that was coming out of reinforcement, then the game shut down. I kept trying to log on after the server finally came up, only to hear, "warp drive activated" then get a black screen that wouldn't load, while I was in space next to an enemy pos during a war, and none of my corpmates were logged on. So yeah, things are getting a little frustrating. Plus it really was avoidable, if good procedures had been followed. Plus it was being spun. So I spoke my mind, like a dumbass. I did tone it down a lot from what I was really thinking at the time, but still, guess I'd better apologize.

Get it together though, guys. Come on, damnit.

Do not run. We are your friends.

Another Posting Alt
Zerious Fricken Biziness
#100 - 2016-03-01 12:08:00 UTC
Sneekeypete NZXT wrote:
I unsubbed my accounts today when my time runs out I'll go play something else.


Your stuff please.