These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Early downtime on March 1

First post
Author
Serg Gall
Let me speak from my heart
#41 - 2016-03-01 09:47:59 UTC
Sul Glass wrote:

"Regular" means this is gonna happen regularly.

Attention
Wolf Dust
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2016-03-01 09:48:04 UTC
Trillian Ororo wrote:
And while we're all jumping on the dev-hate bandwagon; when do we get 'walking in stations'? Huh!

I think it was Fanfest 2008

you could use the downtime to look on Youtube for the Walking on stations presentation... it was way better then captains Little room
John Crichton Farscape
Moi et mes Alt
#43 - 2016-03-01 09:48:16 UTC
After 2 month, it seam i will go and cancel my 2 account, i have more then enough of EvE OFFline.
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#44 - 2016-03-01 09:48:19 UTC
Khama Khazee wrote:
"regular downtime"....ahh of course.........

Regular in so far as it was not a crash or emergency reboot. Not regular in so far as there was a severe lack of warning and messaging before hand. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this.

If you have lost ships/items because of this early downtime, please contact Customer Support and they will look into this.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

SecretService
Secret Services
#45 - 2016-03-01 09:48:28 UTC
Drizden D'Urden wrote:
LOL, thats funny. Post for an upcoming regular downtime after it happens ... funny.

this
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2016-03-01 09:49:21 UTC
Sneekeypete NZXT wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
We have an early downtime on the Tranquility server on March 1, starting at 9:00 UTC.

This is a regular downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar. During the downtime we will run some cleanup jobs and then start TQ again.

The usual downtime, starting at 11:00 UTC, won't take place on March 1. The next downtime starting at 11:00 UTC can be expected on March 2.

Sorry but thats a lie, no timer for downtime no msg posted about an early downtime server lagged for 5 minutes before no longer being able to connect. our fleet lost ships because of this garbage. I unsubbed my accounts today when my time runs out I'll go play something else.
Can I have your stuff?

Boy some people have the patience of a 4-year old. Roll

I've been playing since 2013, this is the first serious server f-up since then.

Sheesh, go have a beer with your friends and let the vikings work.

PS. Having said that, Mr. CCP Phantom this 'early downtime' is the worst BS you've said in a while... Lol

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2016-03-01 09:50:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Geronimo McVain
With all these changes last week crashes can happen, but please don't lie to us.

And why did the forum go down when the server does? Shouldn't be on the same machine so....
West Allis
Browncoats 57th
#48 - 2016-03-01 09:50:17 UTC
Telling us this was a planned downtime is WORSE than if it was a crash. It clearly demonstrates that you have no thought or concern for your paying customers. CCP Says, "Just send ISK for skill points and PLEX... and pay no attention to the fact that we show no consideration for the frustration, loss, and additional support tickets generated by our thoughtless derping with the servers."
Iks Treme
xtreme mining Corporation
#49 - 2016-03-01 09:50:29 UTC
Tried a Caldari Navy Issue Hamster yet ? Seems they are very reliable.
DaCheat
ElitistOps
Snuffed Out
#50 - 2016-03-01 09:50:34 UTC
New hardware not working as intended CCP??

Motherboard: MSI Z97A Gaming 7(MS-7916)

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K @4.00 GHz

GPU:  GeForce GTX 970

Memory:  16GB

Agent 711
State War Academy
Caldari State
#51 - 2016-03-01 09:50:37 UTC
Sul Glass wrote:
Ah I get it!

"Regular" means this is gonna happen regularly.

I loled hard! Big smile
Sul Glass
Fat Dragon Mining Co.
Darwinism.
#52 - 2016-03-01 09:50:48 UTC
"Regular in so far as it was not a crash or emergency reboot. Not regular in so far as there was a severe lack of warning and messaging before hand"

Any clues as to how we can tell the difference between the two?

and because I am no hater, good luck and keep going on getting this stuff sorted
Mercutio Lionheart
Provi Rapid Response
#53 - 2016-03-01 09:50:55 UTC
I am currently accepting 5 geckos or a skill injector as an form of apology CCP. ;)
xxwaynoxx
Nerkcorp
#54 - 2016-03-01 09:51:01 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Khama Khazee wrote:

Regular in so far as it was not a crash or emergency reboot. Not regular in so far as there was a severe lack of warning and messaging before hand. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this.

If you have lost ships/items because of this early downtime, please contact Customer Support and they will look into this.

Yeah, we will, if we had an idea of when it was coming up again. Or is that going to be also notified on Twitter, 20 minutes after it happens????
Trillian Ororo
Caldari Navy Factory
#55 - 2016-03-01 09:52:37 UTC
So someone at CCP HQ forgot to click "post" on the forum during the day... and forgot to update the launcher with the early DT notification and forgot the start the 5 minute countdown timer... Hmmm.... Time for a performance review perhaps; time for a manager to have one of "those" conversations?

We're customers. What annoys customers more than not getting what they expected when they paid? Being lied to.

"Honestly, it wasn't a s**t sandwich, it was meant to be Nutella, we'll have a Nutella sandwhich in a couple of minutes"... An hour later my sandwich still stinks.
Chalkias Bosphorus
Fade Out.
#56 - 2016-03-01 09:54:12 UTC
How much more dollars we should pay for getting your attention CCP.
Doyey3731
Deaf Eaters
#57 - 2016-03-01 09:54:33 UTC
No warning, two hours early and lasting longer than normal, but it's a regular downtime?

Listen, we understand bad things happen, but treating your paying customers like morons isn't helping things.

How about cut the crap talk, treat us like adults and just level with us? It's starting to feel like it did a few years ago.
Codebandit
Dark Evolved Industries
Dark Taboo
#58 - 2016-03-01 09:55:24 UTC
*Thinks to self*

Damn I spent to much money on this game.Shocked
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2016-03-01 09:55:54 UTC
Trillian Ororo wrote:
So someone at CCP HQ forgot to click "post" on the forum during the day... and forgot to update the launcher with the early DT notification and forgot the start the 5 minute countdown timer... Hmmm.... Time for a performance review perhaps; time for a manager to have one of "those" conversations?

We're customers. What annoys customers more than not getting what they expected when they paid? Being lied to.

"Honestly, it wasn't a s**t sandwich, it was meant to be Nutella, we'll have a Nutella sandwhich in a couple of minutes"... An hour later my sandwich still stinks.
Never happened to me. Maybe people just don't like you?

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Agent 711
State War Academy
Caldari State
#60 - 2016-03-01 09:56:14 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Khama Khazee wrote:

*snickers* just stop it! You are only making it worse for yourselves! Lol