These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Logistics ships should show up on killmails.

First post
Author
Cartheron Crust
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#81 - 2011-12-06 17:10:03 UTC
So what you are all saying is killmails should be removed from the game. Idea

I approve this message and/or service.
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#82 - 2011-12-06 17:39:38 UTC
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
It's been a while since I last PvP'ed, but I thought logis had always showed up in killmails... When did this change?

And why would CCP have removed the killmails for logistics, that makes no sense at all.

They do because the always fit whore guns, but that gimps their ability to, you know, be logi.

Its like fitting an alvager on a dps ship for pvp. It has a use, but not a good one. Its there to achieve a goal but detracts from your fleets overall ability.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

whatever whateverson
Doomheim
#83 - 2011-12-06 17:45:44 UTC
It should be shown, also if a guy loses he wants it to show that the opponent was healed and without that logi he would'nt die!
Dubs Checkem
Discerning Individuals
#84 - 2011-12-06 18:31:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Dubs Checkem
Killer Gandry wrote:
Anyone who uses a module which in some form assists in the battle should appear on the killmail.

Not just the ones shooting, but also the ones repping AND the ones hiding somewhere running ganlinks to boost from far away.


Also agression timer should transfer to neutral logistics because the activly participate in assisting a hostile act.
If I sit next to someone shooting and all I do is pass him ammo then I am not an innocent participant, same when I someone is shooting someone else and I remote rep one of them I am no longer uninvolved in an act of agression and as such should suffer the agression timer for docking and jumping aswel.

And yes, I fly logistics. Amongst others I love logistics and scouting. And I accept the risks it should bring with it. I refrain from using a logistics ship as a neutral repair guy simply because it's a broken game mechanic which CCP just can't seem to fix, but as the EULA says, knowingly abusing a bug or oversight is considered exploiting and as such I refrain from using that exploit.

Even if CCP states it isn't an exploit the fact remains that activly assisting in a battle should have shared agression timer and since it doesn't have it it is an exploit in my point of vieuw.
One very happily used exploit and because it's so widely used and ingame for a long time CCP can't act on it anymore as an exploit. So now they are gradually changing the mechanics.

And if you bring a few pvp fit logi's there is not much need to use neut logi's because your opponents have to decide what first. The logi's spidertanking eachother and in the meanwhile get shot by their Dps group or on to the Dps group which get's a load of reps.


this guy seems like he might have it figured out, tbh. it would seem to me that a more consistent mechanic like "anyone who helps anyone who aggresses inherits their aggression timer and shows up on the killmail." this seems more coherent than some things inheriting and some not, some things showing up on kill mails and some not. I am not a logi pilot and don't normally fly with one, but honestly i just like consistent game mechanics.
Raid'En
#85 - 2011-12-06 18:32:33 UTC
make me wonder...
given that dictor now get agression for depoying bubbles, do they show up on killmails if the guy was on the dirctor's bubble ?

seems as fair as logi on km to me
Comboduck
Mortis Angelus
The morgue.
#86 - 2011-12-06 18:52:26 UTC
Raid'En wrote:
make me wonder...
given that dictor now get agression for depoying bubbles, do they show up on killmails if the guy was on the dirctor's bubble ?

seems as fair as logi on km to me


That is an entirely different discussion alltogether mate. The only other problem than the one mentioned in my op that fits in here is the broken aggro mechanics of logistics.

However, that should easily be fixable as well.

If you rep someone with agression, you get aggro timer. When they stop agressing, your aggro timer starts ticking down. This way, there won't be a eternal loop of aggro between two cap transfering logistics. It will also add another layer of depth into a fight - If your gang is badly coordinated and some people doesn't deagress when told, it could cost the gang their logistics.

Just a thought.
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#87 - 2011-12-06 19:40:32 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Yes, they should.


Don't you dare tease us!

Also, love the new CCP focus and direction. Keep up the good work.
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#88 - 2011-12-06 22:38:23 UTC
Greyscale .. if you add this soon ... I can finally forgive you for the anomaly nerf Cool

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Raife Zetter
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#89 - 2012-03-05 18:23:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Raife Zetter
I was going to make a topic about this myself..

I'm working on a solo mail posting site, and was thinking about the possibilities of setting up competitions and prizes - but unfortunatley without remote assistance of any & all kinds (reps, tracking, boosting etc..) appearing on killmails, it's impossible (without referee's) to 100% verify that a kill occurred in a purely 1-on-1 situation.

Including this stuff on killmails could enable some great out-of-game drivers for content created by players.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#90 - 2012-03-05 18:55:23 UTC
Soma Khan wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
So there will be a new breed of KM-hores with rep modules instead of weapons getting in on the kill without getting a GCC in high sec.

They'll call it "ninja killmailing".



you mean as opposed to km whores with a neut logi alt

wouldn't you say that needs fixing though? or would you rather just qq about it?


Fix the broken game mechanic of RR instead of bitching about killmails that reflect the broken mechanic FFS.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Soma Khan
State War Academy
Caldari State
#91 - 2012-03-05 19:04:15 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Soma Khan wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
So there will be a new breed of KM-hores with rep modules instead of weapons getting in on the kill without getting a GCC in high sec.

They'll call it "ninja killmailing".



you mean as opposed to km whores with a neut logi alt

wouldn't you say that needs fixing though? or would you rather just qq about it?


Fix the broken game mechanic of RR instead of bitching about killmails that reflect the broken mechanic FFS.

i have no issues with both of those being fixed and see no reason why one can't be fixed without the other. how you figured that those bitching about km's have anything to do with fixing rr is beyond me tho