These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Logistics ships should show up on killmails.

First post
Author
Goose99
#21 - 2011-12-05 16:04:53 UTC
km should be removed. Problem solved.Cool
FR3D DURST
State War Academy
Caldari State
#22 - 2011-12-05 16:35:36 UTC
ANOTHER HIGHSEC 1337 PRO PVPER WHINE.

LET ME GUESS, YOU HONOR 1 V 1'S AS WELL???

NOT SUPPORTED.

Vigdis Thorisdottir
Doomheim
#23 - 2011-12-05 17:53:39 UTC
I support this. It would make it easier to know what to expect when going after '1337 pvpers'.

Also, it would give a way to tell the difference between real pvpers and chickenshit pvpers just by checking out their killboard.
Comboduck
Mortis Angelus
The morgue.
#24 - 2011-12-05 17:58:00 UTC
Keyanu wrote:
Your argument isn't vaild.

If you're not willing to aggress, you don't deserve to be on a killmail. The changes you're proposing is for you to have some sort of 'safe' wimp out-ish PvP where you can jump or dock at any time. This will certainly reduce the amount of losses you are taking!

You need to think things through before posting.


My post pretty clearly speaks about remote assistance, and a fair amount of logi fits does not have anything to agress with anyway.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#25 - 2011-12-05 18:08:18 UTC
I will RR people fighting on stations in my 200k EHP RR BS to farm killmails.

Massive battleclinic stats here I come!
Sin Meng
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2011-12-05 18:09:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Sin Meng
I would really like to see this be part of a wide-reaching overhaul of the "battle metrics" system. I think this is something that would be more at home in a kind of built-in battle report generation method. Like some kind of synopsis of everything that happened during a period of time that the game would consider a battle between any number of ships. It would hopefully not only highlight player breakdowns but also statistics such as total damage dealt, total damage repaired, shots fired, etc.

Basically make the battle reports compiled by many killboards an official game feature. Maybe even have these reports mailed to certain role-bearing members of corporations and alliances involved for analysis and ridicule.

Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#27 - 2011-12-05 18:14:20 UTC
Booster ships should show up on killmails as well.


If a dram kills you with the assistance of a scimitar and a loki the killmail should show that he killed you with assistance of a a scimitar and loki. Its really pretty simple.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Ottersmacker
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#28 - 2011-12-05 18:15:39 UTC
since killmails are an unseparable part of EVE PVP, If implemented in the right way, this would lead to:
1. significantly more accurate mail-based battle reports.
2. much-deserved recognition to logistics pilots.

.. so if there are no major technical issues restricting such a change, everyone wins pretty much.
(well, everyone besides the dishonourable few who explicitly lie about not using logistics in their adventures)

that being said, there's a reason why "balefire" launchers exist and the ~* true elite logi pilots *~ know this.

i just locked an open door.. strange, yet symbolically compelling.

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#29 - 2011-12-05 18:18:49 UTC
The Implants of the people on the killmail should show up too so that when you get killed and the other guy had a slave/snake/crystal set you can blame it on that. Everyone within 10km of the destroyed ship should show up on the mail so bump ships get included also it should show the total SP of all involved parties.

Actually just include a full API of everyone in system at the time and we can assume that they were all conspiring together.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2011-12-05 18:22:13 UTC
why ?

Does "I <3 logis" in fleet channels is not enough of recognition Big smile
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#31 - 2011-12-05 18:24:24 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
The Implants of the people on the killmail should show up too so that when you get killed and the other guy had a slave/snake/crystal set you can blame it on that. Everyone within 10km of the destroyed ship should show up on the mail so bump ships get included also it should show the total SP of all involved parties.

Actually just include a full API of everyone in system at the time and we can assume that they were all conspiring together.


We already see the sp estimate in battleclinic.

You don't see how people fit their ships or their pods unless you kill them. It's pretty consistant.

As far as bumping ships you are desperately grasping at straws to support a bad position.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#32 - 2011-12-05 18:30:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
If you include fleet boosters on kill mails you're basically going to be giving out the structure of the fleet that blew you up. In a situation where you thought you were going into a 1v1 and got screwed that's vindicating for you but for a fleet engagement where you actually have a proper fleet set up so people are getting the correct bonuses a killmail like that becomes an incredibly powerful intelligence gathering tool.

As soon as you lose one ship you immidiately know who you need to shoot to remove fleet bonuses. Making killmails excessively detailed just pumps out free intel and you have no possible way of concealing it.
Dradius Calvantia
Wolfbane ltd
#33 - 2011-12-05 18:38:54 UTC
Quit being a KM whore
Lina Alar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2011-12-05 20:10:57 UTC
Comboduck wrote:
XIRUSPHERE wrote:
...


COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC YOU NEED TO FOCUS

"This is the tale of Captain Jack Sparrow..."

An explanation of Eve socialization: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTbgvYPVdXE

Lick with your main™

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#35 - 2011-12-05 20:18:26 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
If you include fleet boosters on kill mails you're basically going to be giving out the structure of the fleet that blew you up. In a situation where you thought you were going into a 1v1 and got screwed that's vindicating for you but for a fleet engagement where you actually have a proper fleet set up so people are getting the correct bonuses a killmail like that becomes an incredibly powerful intelligence gathering tool.

As soon as you lose one ship you immidiately know who you need to shoot to remove fleet bonuses. Making killmails excessively detailed just pumps out free intel and you have no possible way of concealing it.



It will let you know who is off grid giving bonuses. Why should they be concealed and therefore completely immune from risk?

Loss mails obviously come at a price so it's not "free intel."

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Selinate
#36 - 2011-12-05 20:20:30 UTC
XIRUSPHERE wrote:
Sure thing, just as soon as they fix the problem of you guys not inheriting aggression session penalties and being able to dock and jump through gates while assisting people rendering logi nearly invincible on gate and station.



I thought they fixed this...?

Ahh well, i don't really use logi anyway...
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#37 - 2011-12-05 20:26:56 UTC
They aren't completely immune from risk, you can find them by looking. What you're suggesting is that the game should just tell you the entire structure of the enemy fleet because a rifter got exploded. Showing who was giving a person bonuses would reveal who the squad commander, wing command and fleet booster of that fleet was the second a single killmail is generated regardless of what ship you lost.

How is it in any way appropriate to give away that kind of information to someone because they lost a ship? Getting blown up should not have that kind of benefit.
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2011-12-05 20:30:31 UTC
Comboduck wrote:
XIRUSPHERE wrote:
Sure thing, just as soon as they fix the problem of you guys not inheriting aggression session penalties and being able to dock and jump through gates while assisting people rendering logi nearly invincible on gate and station.


COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC YOU NEED TO FOCUS


YOU NEED TO STOP YELLING!

What is a "thot"?

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#39 - 2011-12-05 20:42:28 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
They aren't completely immune from risk, you can find them by looking. What you're suggesting is that the game should just tell you the entire structure of the enemy fleet because a rifter got exploded. Showing who was giving a person bonuses would reveal who the squad commander, wing command and fleet booster of that fleet was the second a single killmail is generated regardless of what ship you lost.

How is it in any way appropriate to give away that kind of information to someone because they lost a ship? Getting blown up should not have that kind of benefit.



The killmail of the rifter would not show the entire fleet unless the entire fleet assisted in the kill of the rifter. The killmail should give an accurate history of what happened, not an inaccurate one.

There is nothing inherently unfair about making killmails accurate. These things are really pretty obvious unless you have grown accustomed to hiding your neutral alts, in order to chest beat about inaccurate killmails.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#40 - 2011-12-05 20:55:48 UTC
Yes, they should.