These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Logistics ships should show up on killmails.

First post
Author
Sadayiel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#41 - 2011-12-05 21:20:36 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Yes, they should.


So stop browsing forums and start fixing GOGOGOGOGOGO.

Lot of ppl will be grateful to you (around 99.9% of KM whores)
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#42 - 2011-12-05 21:26:53 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
They aren't completely immune from risk, you can find them by looking. What you're suggesting is that the game should just tell you the entire structure of the enemy fleet because a rifter got exploded. Showing who was giving a person bonuses would reveal who the squad commander, wing command and fleet booster of that fleet was the second a single killmail is generated regardless of what ship you lost.

How is it in any way appropriate to give away that kind of information to someone because they lost a ship? Getting blown up should not have that kind of benefit.



The killmail of the rifter would not show the entire fleet unless the entire fleet assisted in the kill of the rifter. The killmail should give an accurate history of what happened, not an inaccurate one.

There is nothing inherently unfair about making killmails accurate. These things are really pretty obvious unless you have grown accustomed to hiding your neutral alts, in order to chest beat about inaccurate killmails.


Going from the fact that you apparently didn't understand what I was talking about you've never been in a fleet that had seperate squad, wing and fleet commanders or a fleet booster.

Also you can accuse me whatever you want, I have exactly one account.
yumike
Doomheim
#43 - 2011-12-05 21:30:49 UTC
Goose99 wrote:
km should be removed. Problem solved.Cool


What this guy said.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#44 - 2011-12-05 21:50:40 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Cearain wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
They aren't completely immune from risk, you can find them by looking. What you're suggesting is that the game should just tell you the entire structure of the enemy fleet because a rifter got exploded. Showing who was giving a person bonuses would reveal who the squad commander, wing command and fleet booster of that fleet was the second a single killmail is generated regardless of what ship you lost.

How is it in any way appropriate to give away that kind of information to someone because they lost a ship? Getting blown up should not have that kind of benefit.



The killmail of the rifter would not show the entire fleet unless the entire fleet assisted in the kill of the rifter. The killmail should give an accurate history of what happened, not an inaccurate one.

There is nothing inherently unfair about making killmails accurate. These things are really pretty obvious unless you have grown accustomed to hiding your neutral alts, in order to chest beat about inaccurate killmails.


Going from the fact that you apparently didn't understand what I was talking about you've never been in a fleet that had seperate squad, wing and fleet commanders or a fleet booster.

Also you can accuse me whatever you want, I have exactly one account.



I have been in those fleets, and I still want killmails to be accurate.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Jarnis McPieksu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2011-12-05 21:55:22 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Yes, they should.


:makeitso.jpg:

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#46 - 2011-12-05 21:57:20 UTC
So when you get blown up you want everyone in space to know who your squad, wing and fleet commanders were? In the middle of a fight you want people to be able to know who to shoot so that your squad stops getting bonuses?
Comboduck
Mortis Angelus
The morgue.
#47 - 2011-12-06 00:02:57 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
So when you get blown up you want everyone in space to know who your squad, wing and fleet commanders were? In the middle of a fight you want people to be able to know who to shoot so that your squad stops getting bonuses?


this just doesn't make any sense at all
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#48 - 2011-12-06 00:09:42 UTC
eve has killmails?

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#49 - 2011-12-06 00:16:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
The hierarchical nature of fleet structures. If you get killmails telling you who was giving bonuses then as soon as you get a killmail during an engagement you know which person you have to kill to remove bonuses from at least an entire squad.
Soma Khan
State War Academy
Caldari State
#50 - 2011-12-06 00:48:05 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Yes, they should.

hope that's a yes to both
Lord FunkyMunky
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#51 - 2011-12-06 01:06:56 UTC
i must say this needs to be a high priority, the server already knows the agression mechanics of those repping each other, so if i rep a person that gets on a km i should show on that km... this will both make logistics more popular, and also mean that logistics pilots can focus on logistics vs killmail whoring with a railgun just so that their ceo's and such know they are actually participating...

Yes this would mean logi pilots would be on almost all killmails.. but thats fine i don't fly logi, but they are the backbone of any major fleet they deserve to be shown.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#52 - 2011-12-06 01:17:05 UTC
So there will be a new breed of KM-hores with rep modules instead of weapons getting in on the kill without getting a GCC in high sec.

They'll call it "ninja killmailing".


Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Soma Khan
State War Academy
Caldari State
#53 - 2011-12-06 01:27:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Soma Khan
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
So there will be a new breed of KM-hores with rep modules instead of weapons getting in on the kill without getting a GCC in high sec.

They'll call it "ninja killmailing".



you mean as opposed to km whores with a neut logi alt

wouldn't you say that needs fixing though? or would you rather just qq about it?
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#54 - 2011-12-06 03:05:20 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
So there will be a new breed of KM-hores with rep modules instead of weapons getting in on the kill without getting a GCC in high sec.

They'll call it "ninja killmailing".




Nope... as second post said, remote repping guy should get same agression as the guy shooting... this includes GCC (which they already get you tard :))))))

Also +1 for adding logistics to killmails but add it together with the agression :)

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#55 - 2011-12-06 03:28:26 UTC
I think this is a fantastic idea.

And yes, it's because I primarily fly Logi.

The fact is, while most of us who are experienced with Logi ship know when its safe to killmail whore and when not to aggress, the point is that aggressing to get included on a killmail puts yourself and your fleet at risk. I think any existing situation that forces pilots to choose between safety for their fleet and some credit for a kill is a losing battle. Too many players go for the kill, and can screw their fleet over in the process.

Drones are risky, and really, drone bays on Logistics should be used for repair drones anyways. Adding Logistics to killmails would reduce the number of foolish moves in fleets, and ensure that Logistics pilots bring a that best supports their fleet, instead of a fit that exists just to obtain credit for being there.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

KrakizBad
Section 8.
#56 - 2011-12-06 03:37:58 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
I think this is a fantastic idea.

And yes, it's because I primarily fly Logi.

The fact is, while most of us who are experienced with Logi ship know when its safe to killmail ***** and when not to aggress, the point is that aggressing to get included on a killmail puts yourself and your fleet at risk. I think any existing situation that forces pilots to choose between safety for their fleet and some credit for a kill is a losing battle. Too many players go for the kill, and can screw their fleet over in the process.

Drones are risky, and really, drone bays on Logistics should be used for repair drones anyways. Adding Logistics to killmails would reduce the number of foolish moves in fleets, and ensure that Logistics pilots bring a that best supports their fleet, instead of a fit that exists just to obtain credit for being there.


Really depends on the size of fleets you fly with. In major (300+) engagements, armor/shield drones do nothing. On the other hand, having every logi drop 5 EC-300's on opposing logi can make a huge difference.

For small engagements, a flight of 5 warriors can turn the tide as they assist interceptors wrecking opposing tackle and dealing fast DPS on gates.

It's all about using the right tool.

On the other hand I have to agree that having me show up on KM's without using a whore gun, would mean I could add a 4th repper which would increase my effectiveness by something like 15% after cap is taken into account, so that would be good.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#57 - 2011-12-06 03:49:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Yes, they should.


It shouldn't because it would just be a pointless addition, solely existing to appease killboard padding mouthbreathers.

Although I suspect that anything that would fix broken empire RR mechanics would have the same effect so v0v

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

KamikazeBrAzIl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2011-12-06 04:12:25 UTC
NOPE

You should appear in your buddy's loss mail, to everyone see how you guardian were inefficient lol
Hwong Jian
Perkone
Caldari State
#59 - 2011-12-06 04:56:37 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
So when you get blown up you want everyone in space to know who your squad, wing and fleet commanders were? In the middle of a fight you want people to be able to know who to shoot so that your squad stops getting bonuses?



Quoting because pro-pvp'ers stop in the middle of a firefight to check lossmails. Nothing says "fighting a difficult battle" like stopping to scour killboards for real-time pvp information.

In other news, water is wet! And, idiots don't understand sarcasm! I bet you guys didn't know that.
Jonathan Malcom
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2011-12-06 04:57:08 UTC
Andski wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Yes, they should.


It shouldn't because it would just be a pointless addition, solely existing to appease killboard padding mouthbreathers.

Although I suspect that anything that would fix broken empire RR mechanics would have the same effect so v0v


I disagree. I don't give two ***** about collecting killmails, but it would be nice to have some way to show fleet participation as a logi pilot. If someone can come up with a better way to accomplish that goal, fine by me.