These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Let me tell you why people are killing highsec miners. A manifesto.

First post
Author
Tainted Karma
Perkone
Caldari State
#61 - 2011-12-02 05:12:39 UTC
Mining = great while doing teh math homeworkz
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#62 - 2011-12-02 05:14:49 UTC
Nikola Aivoras wrote:
Ethzera wrote:
Nikola Aivoras wrote:
I suppose you believe the people who tell you the grass is purple, even though you see that it is clearly green?

At least I have the capacity to accept that things may not be as they seem. Just because you see green grass doesn't mean it's truly green, or that it's even really there. But this is a philosophical discussion for another time.


Spare me the new-age philosophical crap. It's a way for relativists to justify their actions when they can't find a reason in the real world. After all, the world is really an illusion, right?



Plato isn't really "new age". He's about as "old age" as it gets.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Nyssa Litari
Doomheim
#63 - 2011-12-02 05:18:24 UTC
OP: I hate them.
OP: I'm completely objective!
OP: I think they want to run bots, therefore they are bots, therefore we should all hate them. Ganking justified!

If we are to believe that the OP is representative of all suicide gankers (which I don't believe), then we must believe that all suicide gankers are irrational, colossal d-bags. Personally, I think most gankers actually do it because they think it's fun, and they have mild d-bag tendencies.
Lithalnas
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#64 - 2011-12-02 05:20:18 UTC
It is our duty to unplug the bots for their shackles, kill a hulk, save a soul from eternal slavery to heavy industry.

https://www.facebook.com/RipSeanVileRatSmith shoot at blue for Vile Rat http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73406

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#65 - 2011-12-02 05:23:19 UTC
The Eve Online forums:
Actually all good men and women in real life
Some of which are unfortunately idiots
Some of which only pretend to be idiots
Some of which unfortunately never learned to post

 Though All Men Do Despise Us

Chelone
Outside The Asylum
#66 - 2011-12-02 05:28:06 UTC
James 315 wrote:
Naturally, all of the highsec miners' explanations are designed to make them feel better about themselves


Stopped reading your trash there. Not that I was doing anything but skimming prior to that.
Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#67 - 2011-12-02 05:38:19 UTC
9/10

-1 for too dam long (and yes, I do read *books* - even the paper kind, I'm real old school).

I'm pretty sure they make a pill for what ails you OP. It's a big one, but if you can spew that much bilge, an anti-psychotic shouldn't be much trouble.

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Zevina
Atomic Core Industries and Science
#68 - 2011-12-02 05:42:03 UTC
What a mad person, someone fetch him a doctor...
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#69 - 2011-12-02 05:46:43 UTC
Chelone wrote:
James 315 wrote:
Naturally, all of the highsec miners' explanations are designed to make them feel better about themselves


Stopped reading your trash there. Not that I was doing anything but skimming prior to that.


Yeah you surely showed him. Perfect rebuttal there.

You, young lady, you are missing out on reading this piece of art.

My simple mind simply implodes at the thought of merely extending a single THREAD of its neuronal matrix to perhaps begin to comprehend the true intent, be it narrative or political, of the hero who wrote this 7420 word manifestnaught.
Is he playing it straight? Is it a parody? Is it real life? Is it just fantasy? :psyduck:

Anyhow, it's perfect, and in the face of such confusing perfection, there is nothing to do except this
Any straight answers are impossible.
But please, keep posting. Keep being so mad.

 Though All Men Do Despise Us

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#70 - 2011-12-02 05:59:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Awsome read, I disagree with a few statements but your grounds are firm enough that I wont quesiton them.

I wont challenge them either as you're not stupid and neither am I.

I am a high seccer myself but the reason is more about time I have rather than the isk.

The few times I am mining is to save some money on a build job I was already a week late for and something less intesensive to do while I deisgn my ships to present to the community or do research on my ingame project of designing fully fledge professions which would benifit every play style including the massive allainces as they will forgo funds into the grand experiment of throwing money away for that little extra.

Aside from wandering whever the wind takes me I say Im going well for a Former GW vet from the BoB side of that war.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Trin Xi
#71 - 2011-12-02 06:07:34 UTC
Ad hominem, ad hominem, begging the question, guilt by association, more ad hominem, everything that's wrong in Eve is hisec miner's fault.

Godwin's Law kicking in in 3...2...

Post with someone else's main™.

Handsome Hussein
#72 - 2011-12-02 06:10:07 UTC
Trin Xi wrote:
Godwin's Law kicking in in 3...2...

Dumbass...
It kicked in on page 2.

Leaves only the fresh scent of pine.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#73 - 2011-12-02 06:10:50 UTC
Trin Xi wrote:
Ad hominem, ad hominem, begging the question, guilt by association, more ad hominem, everything that's wrong in Eve is hisec miner's fault.

Godwin's Law kicking in in 3...2...



Your point is invalid because you have big ole floppy *******

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#74 - 2011-12-02 06:11:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Krios Ahzek
Handsome Hussein wrote:
Trin Xi wrote:
Godwin's Law kicking in in 3...2...

Dumbass...
It kicked in on page 2.



Actually there's no mention of H***** or n**** on page 2. A throwaway reference to Mein Kamph hardly counts.

You are wrong. On the Internet.

 Though All Men Do Despise Us

Handsome Hussein
#75 - 2011-12-02 06:13:17 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Actually there's no mention of ****** or ***** on page 2.

You are wrong. On the Internet.

From page 2:
Jonni Favorite wrote:
But seriously, cool story bro but WOW!!! dude this is a game and you wrote a manifesto that rivals Mein Kampf. Did you miss the daily dosage of whatever you're on? Shocked

I am not wrong (in this case).

Leaves only the fresh scent of pine.

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#76 - 2011-12-02 06:14:45 UTC
Oh **** I got caught editing with my pants down

Guess it's time to go to sleep.

 Though All Men Do Despise Us

Fist1
Phantoms of Kyros
#77 - 2011-12-02 06:19:45 UTC
10/10


Maybe you can run a chronicle series. Would read more. Cool
Selinate
#78 - 2011-12-02 06:26:36 UTC
Christ, that was an epic troll...
Mercy Crow
Black Legion Projects
#79 - 2011-12-02 06:45:06 UTC
Hats off to the OP, more RPG forum rage lunacy please... Lol
Sarina Berghil
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2011-12-02 06:48:40 UTC
Some miners mine because they think roids are evil and needs to die.


Good for you that you have a hobby, but that really is an awful long attempt of justification for a bit of pew pew. ;-)