These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What would you want to see in the NeX store

Author
Mascha Tzash
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#61 - 2013-09-12 14:00:46 UTC
Jiie wrote:
...

but puppie stuff needs a platform to pose first.


This.

And alliance/corp uniforms.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#62 - 2013-09-12 14:04:21 UTC
You know they could make upgraded CQs available in stations with whom you have a high standing with the station owner.

It makes sense that corporations would want to reward loyalty in such a fashion.
Arrs Grazznic
Poena Executive Solutions
#63 - 2013-09-12 14:06:43 UTC
Flamespar wrote:
What would you want to see in the NeX store

A "Closing Down Sale" sign
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#64 - 2013-09-12 14:27:30 UTC
A big splash-screen that reads:


Permanently Closed.

Captain's Quarters environment has been safely removed.

Beware of the leopard.




MT in a subscription game is a terrible idea. We don't need a cash shop and another currency for buying vanity ship skins (and similar FIS stuff) that can be sold for isk + LP. If players create and/or generate that content , all the better.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#65 - 2013-09-12 14:43:51 UTC
Personallly I would say make the deceased ships availible through nex.
So for example the moracha that just got killed (Ishlur needs nurf, to stronk) would suddenly appear there for some sum equal to what the winner paid per ship.

This way they are available to all, in a fair manner that does not devalue the ship, and allows people to obtain them while preserving the victory of the alliance.

And yes its because I want to kill one.
I want it on my KB!!!


Oh and go back and add the fun clothes.
I think that is part of what EVE misses is the outlandish future garb.
Right now it just feels like Earth plus space not millennium of independent thought and evolution.
Teinyhr
Ourumur
#66 - 2013-09-12 15:00:57 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
MT in a subscription game is a terrible idea. We don't need a cash shop and another currency for buying vanity ship skins (and similar FIS stuff) that can be sold for isk + LP. If players create and/or generate that content , all the better.



Terribly good idea you mean? Blizzard does it, has a subscription model and sells vanity items with exorbitant prices (10-25 dollars). Celestial Steed, the first cash shop item for WoW reportedly made Blizzard about 2 million dollars in four hours, estimated based on the delivery queue available at the time that had something like over 80 000 deliveries waiting at peak hours.

CCP's main mistake with NeX was to price itself in the style of WoW, because CCP just doesn't have the playerbase WoW does. Generally, the cheaper something is the more people buy it - I'm sure it would've gone down at least somewhat better if the virtual clothes hadn't cost more than actual clothes. But even so, as has been said, the priciest item, the monocle was one of the most sold items in the store.


There is a market for avatar and other vanity stuff, there is no way around this fact, even if you hate them.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#67 - 2013-09-12 15:02:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
Did you know the CQ we have are non customizable because CCP said, we are given this quarters by default, and they are like a hotel room with dozens of people DNA in it. P

So they could do the customizable ones beside the cheap, free ones we have today. That was probably the old plan.
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#68 - 2013-09-12 15:27:21 UTC
- Remove Aurum and make the NEX cash-only and reasonably priced. (items can still be resold on market for ISK)
- Do what Valve does. Allow people to submit models and skins for CCP approval. When approved and added to the store, the creator gets a cut of every sale.
- Can continue to sell clothes, tattoos, jewelry, and other character enhancements. Can add props for CQ, ship reskins and redesigns, other cosmetic things.
The Great Leader
#69 - 2013-09-12 15:33:10 UTC
Gold ammo, plug it in and you can reload any ship at any time with any ammo!

The voice of truth.

Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#70 - 2013-09-12 15:42:19 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
Do what Valve does. Allow people to submit models and skins for CCP approval. When approved and added to the store, the creator gets a cut of every sale.


Also this!

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Naburi NasNaburi
Doomheim
#71 - 2013-09-12 15:45:23 UTC
New Haircuts
Long Dresses actually more *modern* clothes
Necklaces..
PAINT!
Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2013-09-12 16:02:18 UTC
Nothing at all.
Dunkle Lars
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#73 - 2013-09-12 16:21:24 UTC
why is it that people who are against the NeX store keeps posting in threads that's for the store.. Kindly p*** off. No-one is forcing you to spend your money as long as there's no "gold" items there and of course there should never be that.

But we only want CCP to spend time working on FiS stuff, you say. Well HTFU there're not.. Dust is taking a good portion of the money, EvE Valkyrie will now also take a portion and what's left gets divided between EvE and WoD.

Selling cheap vanity items and ship skins is the perfect opportunity for CCP to get a little more cash to spend on EvE Online
SpoonRECKLESS
Beach Boys
The Minions.
#74 - 2013-09-12 16:22:59 UTC
bloodknight2 wrote:
SpoonRECKLESS wrote:
paint jobs for ships. I want a purple and pink deimos for reasons.


I always wanted a hello kitty absolution <3



We could fleet together get a red nighthawk and orange rapier and blue razu. We be the rainbow fleet of eve.

Blue

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#75 - 2013-09-12 16:48:40 UTC
Teinyhr wrote:
There is a market for avatar and other vanity stuff, there is no way around this fact, even if you hate them.


Maybe, but not in EVE at this time. The fact the NeX failed dilutes your argument no matter where you place the blame for that.

There is an expression: "putting lipstick on a pig". Another one is: "if you polish a turd, it's still a turd". CCPs expensive MT experiment has failed. Should CCP completely rework the NeX and their MT aspirations in the future, it's going to be a fairly big undertaking because it will have to also involve some kind of Avatar interaction beyond the Captain's closet. CCP is having to manage ROI between 3 games, and such a rework will be expensive and is something the present player base isn't likely to embrace especially if it also means the neglect of FIS again.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

PreZiDenT1
Death by Design.
#76 - 2013-09-12 16:51:30 UTC
A boombox to annoy others while i drift past them.
Matari Akiga
Doomheim
#77 - 2013-09-12 17:45:17 UTC
Nothing at all.

CCP dont need to change everything to suit your play style.

Improvise, adapt and overcome!

Isis Dea
Society of Adrift Hope
#78 - 2013-09-12 17:51:41 UTC
Shalua Rui wrote:
Decorative items for the CQ: Furniture swap outs, wall paneling, pictures, model ships,...
More cloths: Coats, overalls, bodygloves, dresses,...
More accessories: Glasses and jewelry, actual gloves, and - of course - more shoes!
Cosmetic items: More hairstyles and tattoos, hair decorations, cybernetic implants,...
Ship decals and logos...

Yea, that's all, for starters. Blink


Really want the female exotic dancers in my CQ. :\

...or just passengers in general.

More Character Customization :: Especially compared to what we had in 2003...

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#79 - 2013-09-12 17:56:19 UTC
How about bad pay2win items? Like gold ammo but with borked stats so they are actaully bad? The tears from both side of the argument being mixed together would be delicious.
Sir SmashAlot
The League of Extraordinary Opportunists
Intergalactic Conservation Movement
#80 - 2013-09-12 18:08:31 UTC
A Tinfoil Hat