These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What would you want to see in the NeX store

Author
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#101 - 2013-09-13 03:13:56 UTC
Tanthalassa wrote:
No WiS?
The bloody door is still locked?


Thankfully, yes.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Tanthalassa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#102 - 2013-09-13 03:28:47 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Tanthalassa wrote:
No WiS?
The bloody door is still locked?


Thankfully, yes.

Thankfully? Are you sure? What if WiS increased the subscription base 10x ? More cash to work on Eve for CCP then.
Eve is not going to grow, If they only recycle the existing content. WiS as a whole would improve avatar interaction.
Isn't it strange that 2% female player base is countered by 40% female avatars total?

Must be all furry 2nd-lifers, however you like to label 'em. Lol
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#103 - 2013-09-13 03:33:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Rhes
Tanthalassa wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Tanthalassa wrote:
No WiS?
The bloody door is still locked?


Thankfully, yes.

Thankfully? Are you sure? What if WiS increased the subscription base 10x ? More cash to work on Eve for CCP then.
Eve is not going to grow, If they only recycle the existing content. WiS as a whole would improve avatar interaction.
Isn't it strange that 2% female player base is countered by 40% female avatars total?

Must be all furry 2nd-lifers, however you like to label 'em. Lol


Right after Incarna was the only time in the game's history where the number of subscribers dropped dramatically and since CCP announced they were sorry for the disaster and promised to refocus on real Eve content subs have gone up every quarter. WiS almost killed Eve so I don't know why you think it would magically multiply the subscriber base by ten.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#104 - 2013-09-13 03:40:55 UTC
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
a bumper sticker that reads "#SWAG" and a tinfoil pirate hat with a tinfoil parrot on top.

oh and an eyepatch.

There's an eyepatch coming in the CE- look in accessories in the market Big smile
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#105 - 2013-09-13 03:44:50 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Tanthalassa wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Tanthalassa wrote:
No WiS?
The bloody door is still locked?


Thankfully, yes.

Thankfully? Are you sure? What if WiS increased the subscription base 10x ? More cash to work on Eve for CCP then.
Eve is not going to grow, If they only recycle the existing content. WiS as a whole would improve avatar interaction.
Isn't it strange that 2% female player base is countered by 40% female avatars total?

Must be all furry 2nd-lifers, however you like to label 'em. Lol


Right after Incarna was the only time in the game's history where the number of subscribers dropped dramatically and since CCP announced they were sorry for the disaster and promised to refocus on real Eve content subs have gone up every quarter. WiS almost killed Eve so I don't know why you think it would magically multiply the subscriber base by ten.

The "Greed is Good" memo and the subsequent riots and mass unsubscribing is what did that; not the WiS itself. And the only bad thing that happened about WiS is that it was so much less than what they advertised at the fanfest prior to incarna. Sad I liked the idea- there really isn't anything to do with our avatars ATM, and if we could do stuff in the station, I'd like to at least try it.

Don't be so against new things; they can be fun sometimes Big smile
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#106 - 2013-09-13 03:47:48 UTC
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
The "Greed is Good" memo and the subsequent riots and mass unsubscribing is what did that; not the WiS itself. And the only bad thing that happened about WiS is that it was so much less than what they advertised at the fanfest prior to incarna. Sad I liked the idea- there really isn't anything to do with our avatars ATM, and if we could do stuff in the station, I'd like to at least try it.

Don't be so against new things; they can be fun sometimes Big smile


Actually people were mad because Eve was ignored for two years and all we had to show for it was a room with a couch and a really bad microtransaction store.

Eve is spaceships.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#107 - 2013-09-13 03:51:03 UTC
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
a bumper sticker that reads "#SWAG" and a tinfoil pirate hat with a tinfoil parrot on top.

oh and an eyepatch.

There's an eyepatch coming in the CE- look in accessories in the market Big smile


What is CE? I've never actually looked in the store.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#108 - 2013-09-13 03:53:21 UTC
Zappity wrote:
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
a bumper sticker that reads "#SWAG" and a tinfoil pirate hat with a tinfoil parrot on top.

oh and an eyepatch.

There's an eyepatch coming in the CE- look in accessories in the market Big smile


What is CE? I've never actually looked in the store.

https://store.eve.com/collector-s-edition/eve-the-second-decade-collector-s-edition-116

There's a lot of good stuff in it- not useful, but cool Big smile
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#109 - 2013-09-13 03:59:55 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
The "Greed is Good" memo and the subsequent riots and mass unsubscribing is what did that; not the WiS itself. And the only bad thing that happened about WiS is that it was so much less than what they advertised at the fanfest prior to incarna. Sad I liked the idea- there really isn't anything to do with our avatars ATM, and if we could do stuff in the station, I'd like to at least try it.

Don't be so against new things; they can be fun sometimes Big smile


Actually people were mad because Eve was ignored for two years and all we had to show for it was a room with a couch and a really bad microtransaction store.

Eve is spaceships.

I see your point; but at the same time, CCP is a company- they want(ed?) to make money. They tried to do so in a really flawed way, but they tried. Now I think they cater to the players more, not themselves as much- they're too afraid of the player base up and leaving Big smile So they listen to us a lot more.
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#110 - 2013-09-13 04:02:10 UTC
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
Zappity wrote:
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
a bumper sticker that reads "#SWAG" and a tinfoil pirate hat with a tinfoil parrot on top.

oh and an eyepatch.

There's an eyepatch coming in the CE- look in accessories in the market Big smile


What is CE? I've never actually looked in the store.

https://store.eve.com/collector-s-edition/eve-the-second-decade-collector-s-edition-116

There's a lot of good stuff in it- not useful, but cool Big smile


What am I looking at? Eyepatches are conspicuous in their absence unless I'm looking at the wrong bit.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#111 - 2013-09-13 04:02:45 UTC
Zappity wrote:
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
Zappity wrote:
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
a bumper sticker that reads "#SWAG" and a tinfoil pirate hat with a tinfoil parrot on top.

oh and an eyepatch.

There's an eyepatch coming in the CE- look in accessories in the market Big smile


What is CE? I've never actually looked in the store.

https://store.eve.com/collector-s-edition/eve-the-second-decade-collector-s-edition-116

There's a lot of good stuff in it- not useful, but cool Big smile


What am I looking at? Eyepatches are conspicuous in their absence unless I'm looking at the wrong bit.

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#112 - 2013-09-13 04:03:53 UTC
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci[/quote wrote:

I see your point; but at the same time, CCP is a company- they want(ed?) to make money. They tried to do so in a really flawed way, but they tried. Now I think they cater to the players more, not themselves as much- they're too afraid of the player base up and leaving Big smile So they listen to us a lot more.


You are correct! After the mess of Incarna CCP has done a decent job of listening to their players and focusing on real Eve content and the game is in pretty good shape these days. I would hate to see them go backwards.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#113 - 2013-09-13 08:33:28 UTC
I agree that more hairstyles should be offered but think it rather odd to sell them in the NeX shop, or even weirder as spawn drops or LP store items. I do agree with the idea of hats which seems to be on the top of the list here.

I think the idea of AUR played a good part of the failure of the NeX store. I think the prices should have been in ISK, so the shop would have been a bit more in tune with the LP shops. The concept of introducing another currency which could be bought with PLEX and not used elsewhere or exchanged back into PLEX just seems daft.
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
#114 - 2013-09-13 08:35:45 UTC
What do I want to see in the Nex store ?

A Key. it opens "THE DOOR"

End of story.
Cavalira
Habemus
Shattered Foundations
#115 - 2013-09-13 08:48:31 UTC
I'd pay for the following things (with ingame plex obviously) :

More stuff to pimp my avatar look with.
Golden pod.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The AUR makes perfect sense. Why would CCP release stuff that you can buy with isk, when AUR is way better? It makes people buy their PLEX and others buy the bought PLEXs.

Releasing items that offer any kind of advantage over non-aur bought items is horrible. Although, I'd love to have custom skins in eve that cost money. Just imagine the satisfying feeling when he dies to you.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#116 - 2013-09-13 13:37:36 UTC
Flamespar wrote:
So at the moment gamers around the world are throwing fistfuls of cash at star citizen so they can buy a space ship and view it in a currently single player environment (sound familiar).

Personally I've always thought that the main failure of the NeX store was that CCP didn't seem to consider what players might actually want to buy, as opposed to what CCP wanted to sell. Which is why we ended up with clothing rather than cool spaceship related stuff.

So what would you consider buying?





plastic versions of all spaceships, even better would be a lego version of the spaceships

want a lego titan
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#117 - 2013-09-13 13:50:52 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Flamespar wrote:
So at the moment gamers around the world are throwing fistfuls of cash at star citizen so they can buy a space ship and view it in a currently single player environment (sound familiar).

Personally I've always thought that the main failure of the NeX store was that CCP didn't seem to consider what players might actually want to buy, as opposed to what CCP wanted to sell. Which is why we ended up with clothing rather than cool spaceship related stuff.

So what would you consider buying?





plastic versions of all spaceships, even better would be a lego version of the spaceships

want a lego titan

The NeX store is in-game... So you want an in game lego spaceship?

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Daisai
Daisai Investments.
#118 - 2013-09-13 13:56:00 UTC
Packages which contain unallocated skillpoints and unique boosters to increase the salvage value on wrecks and the chance to loot deadspace/faction mods.

Just like a real game with microtransactions should do it before it goes free to play and dies ^_^


Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#119 - 2013-09-13 13:59:34 UTC
Female underwear for male characters for true RP cross dressers.

Oh, and the reverse of course for political correctness.

And hats, esp mining helmets.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#120 - 2013-09-13 15:26:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Xen Solarus
The selection of clothes is tiny. Loads and loads more for a start.

Custom ship skins! (in for form of implants much like the "golden pod")

And why not throw in facton and capital ships? I'm sure CCP would love people buying Titans for straight up cash! Shocked

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.