These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would you want to see in the NeX store

Author
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#41 - 2013-09-12 09:31:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Zappity
Eyepatch. Preferably black and tattered. Yarr!

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#42 - 2013-09-12 10:02:58 UTC
Clothing styles I would like to see if they would indeed make them... somehow.

Caldari
Gallente
Amarr
Minmatar
Amarr jewelery
Gallene visor (old school)
Jove clothes!
Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#43 - 2013-09-12 10:14:48 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
Clothing styles I would like to see if they would indeed make them... somehow.

Agreed, those are really great examples!

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#44 - 2013-09-12 10:26:34 UTC
Not so much “in the NeX store” as “in the code repository of the NeX store”, I'd like to see a good old rm -rf .
Then they can implement the content properly using established and working mechanics rather than this non-functioning pre-alpha hack job.
embrel
BamBam Inc.
#45 - 2013-09-12 10:31:43 UTC  |  Edited by: embrel
Rhes wrote:

Nothing. Death to microtransactions.

basically this.

however, if I could change my ship into a panda....

also: access to Jove Space.
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#46 - 2013-09-12 10:32:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
Working key to *the door* for $49 so people who don't want WiS could be left behind.

edit: btw EVE is the only MMORPG without functional cash shop (besides Final Fantasy).
Turelus
Utassi Security
#47 - 2013-09-12 10:34:57 UTC
I would really like to see more options for clothing, there are some incredible concept art pictures or lore art showing costumes and accessories which would really expand the character customisation.

There are still many unreleased assets which we have in the client but no way to purchase.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Jiie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2013-09-12 11:13:38 UTC
first i need a place to go that other can see me like the start place from dust in the ps store but a littlebit cuter and with a view to the next Jita event outside the station Shocked

otherwise it makes for me no sense to spend RL Money for stuff like new clothes, tattoos and other not gameplay relevant stuff, if no one can say: oh so cute or wtf damn ***** why the hell you´re so stupid and spend RL Money for crap like this, this is a space ship game, shame on you... you know what I mean?

a corp or alli logo on the ship would be cool but not for 12k nexstoreauron currency P
and customizable stripes in colers i can buy for ships is interesting and prevent the EVE Universe from space hello kitty and golden pimp ships like the new iphone P

but puppie stuff needs a platform to pose first.

I read in the "≡v≡ inTouch" cute Girls possess a second Tattoo!

Disastro
Wrecking Shots
#49 - 2013-09-12 11:18:17 UTC
Flamespar wrote:
So at the moment gamers around the world are throwing fistfuls of cash at star citizen so they can buy a space ship and view it in a currently single player environment (sound familiar).

Personally I've always thought that the main failure of the NeX store was that CCP didn't seem to consider what players might actually want to buy, as opposed to what CCP wanted to sell. Which is why we ended up with clothing rather than cool spaceship related stuff.

So what would you consider buying?

I would like to buy something that turns off the gate animation and other lag inducing features created unnecessarily by CCP developers in previous updates.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#50 - 2013-09-12 11:18:31 UTC
Been wanting, for my sparsely furnished and horribly non-customizable CAPTAIN's QUARTERS:

1) Shag carpeting, a la 1980's chikki-chikki-bow-a-wow,
2) Lava lamps,
3) Mirrors on the ceiling,
4) Red velvet smoking jacket,
5) Fluffy Bunny Slippers, with the big ears, that go "rawr, rawr", when you walk around the CQ,

and

6) JONESY !!!

Not holding my breath.

Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#51 - 2013-09-12 11:21:58 UTC
1) A 'corpse pack' which could be redeemed to affix a set number of corpses onto one ship hull. If ship was destroyed these corpses would be destroyed also.

2) A wider range of tattoos that can be placed on other parts of your body.

3) Ranges of clothing for various profession types such as pirate, miner, trader, drug dealer, factional warfare, explorer etc etc. Would only be able to be purchased from the NEX store once the pilot had attained elite certificate/s pertaining to said profession. Would only be able to be worn if you personally had those elite skill certificates.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Flamespar
WarRavens
#52 - 2013-09-12 11:30:57 UTC
I'd buy an upgrade to a deluxe CQ, complete with POD room.
Nero Locusta
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2013-09-12 11:36:17 UTC
Eyebrows.
TheBlueMonkey
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2013-09-12 11:41:35 UTC
I still think that the things you buy with NeX should be destroyable same as everything else.

You buy a monocol and fit it to your clone? It's on that clone and when you die you lose it.
That is unless you remove it and leave it in station when you go roaming.
RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#55 - 2013-09-12 12:35:45 UTC
Nex store is a complete ripoff especially since WIS never happened. Would you like to know more?

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#56 - 2013-09-12 13:18:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
Teinyhr wrote:
Jada Maroo wrote:
I'd like to see the elimination of NEX or at least the dramatic reduction in cost of everything to about a dollar each.

This post shows that some people just have not been paying attention. What they added to the store in Inferno, were about 100-500 Aurum which is about 1-3 dollars, and said that this would be the general price range of future stuff, with some special items possibly a bit more, possibly meaning tattoos.
BUT they decided to keep the legacy store item prices intact as to not **** off the people who bought the monocle for 80 dollars or the other clothes at their original price.

I would say that about a couple of dollars is a fair price for a virtual clothing piece - comparable to Star Trek Online where a clothing pack is about 5 dollars 50 cents (includes a clothing item and some accessories like the combadge) - but STO is considerably less graphically intensive and therefore creating them is easier in STO than in EVE.
See this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eveonline/2706680341/ I would GLADLY pay 600-900 aurum (4-6 dollars) for something like that, if only we had something like that available.

My God, how long without seeing that outfit... now that was gorgeous and looked like SF rather than [insert affordable clothes franchise]!

Also +1 to everything Shalua Rui pointed. Specially earrings. Would kill for some chandeliers.

Also +1 to Bagrat Skalski.

And of course:

Finish/release this

And this

And SO MUCH this

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Flamespar
WarRavens
#57 - 2013-09-12 13:45:27 UTC
I find it interesting that so many people want more clothing, especially given that apart from the character preview that they would be the only one to see it.

Not that there's anything wrong with people wanting more customisation options for their avatar.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2013-09-12 13:47:40 UTC
Lipbite wrote:
Working key to *the door* for $49 so people who don't want WiS could be left behind.

edit: btw EVE is the only MMORPG without functional cash shop (besides Final Fantasy).

There is a much easier way to leave behind people that don't want WiS and it doesn't cost $49.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#59 - 2013-09-12 13:48:35 UTC
Kittens
Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#60 - 2013-09-12 13:49:36 UTC
I want to carry a sidearm, Mal Reynolds style (it's cool, it has a security override that stops me from firing it except on a shooting range)

Hats (especially cunning ones)

coats that don't look ridiculous. (maybe in brown?)

corp liveries for my ships

visible cybernetic limbs and implants

decorations and reconfigurations for my CQ (wall o' guns, anyone? or maybe just a drinks cabinet)

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders