These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

How much would you pay to be able to Wardec an NPC corp?

Author
LHA Tarawa
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#101 - 2013-05-16 17:31:39 UTC
Bloody Wench wrote:

I think it would be a good change to the game. Certainly for those hundreds of players in them. Might get them out into some real Corps.




Yeah, a corp they just created... And if you war dec that newly created corp, they'll just create another new corp.

And, if you prevent them from doing that, then they just won't log in. And if that persists, then they'll just drop subscription.


What you CAN NOT do is get players with no interest in PvP, to be your easy targets.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#102 - 2013-05-16 17:42:33 UTC
LHA Tarawa wrote:
Bloody Wench wrote:

I think it would be a good change to the game. Certainly for those hundreds of players in them. Might get them out into some real Corps.




Yeah, a corp they just created... And if you war dec that newly created corp, they'll just create another new corp.

And, if you prevent them from doing that, then they just won't log in. And if that persists, then they'll just drop subscription.


What you CAN NOT do is get players with no interest in PvP, to be your easy targets.

And that is the wise end to this discusion.
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#103 - 2013-05-16 17:43:30 UTC
Try joining the milita of any faction to experience what this is like and why no.

forums.  serious business.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#104 - 2013-05-16 17:43:34 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
Rather than being able to wardec NPC corps we should be advocating something a little different.

Anytime someone starts a mission, a random NPC corp member is teleported to the mission area with their current ship and becomes the "rat" for the mission (you could even have several of them being "waves", just hold the next guys in a limbo state). They can't leave the mission area until they or the mission runner is dead. The system could choose players for missions based on what class of ship they are flying at the time: L1 = pods/shuttles, L2 = frigates/industrials, L3 = destroyers/cruisers, L4 = battlecruisers, L5 = battleships.

In this way we accomplish several goals:
1. PvP is added to missions.
2. Missions become less of a grind.
3. NPC corp members are properly punished for avoiding wardecs.
4. NPC corp members are forced to PvP.




I always felt that people who want to side with Sansha should get the opportunity to be the rats in the incursions or at least join up with them. From an RP approach this would fit and the incursions were a kind of letdown for Sansha sympathizers. I would even hope in such a case that the Sansha helpers could get LPs from the nation for incursions they manage to thwart.

Imagine the mothership takedown with not just players taking out the Sansha mom, but another fleet defending it!

Generally speaking, a PVP/PVe hybrid in the mission and incursion systems would blur the line between PVP and PVe and break this mental barrier that everybody is having troubles with.

Beyond that point, this entire thread should be consigned to the "bored gankers asking for easy kills" file.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#105 - 2013-05-16 17:43:46 UTC
LHA Tarawa wrote:
Bloody Wench wrote:

I think it would be a good change to the game. Certainly for those hundreds of players in them. Might get them out into some real Corps.




Yeah, a corp they just created... And if you war dec that newly created corp, they'll just create another new corp.

And, if you prevent them from doing that, then they just won't log in. And if that persists, then they'll just drop subscription.


What you CAN NOT do is get players with no interest in PvP, to be your easy targets.


The real problem is that certain segments of the community view PVP as only being their particular brand of it. Theres's industrial PVP, market PVP, ship PVP, personal PVP (dust), etc. If someone doesn't have an interest in PVP, they wouldn't be playing Eve. And frankly, the game will be better off without the relatively minor amount of people who are 100% opposed to all PVP. The game cannot cater to that crowd without attempting to delve into the thing that's killed so many modern MMOs.

There's a reason Eve is still alive... and that reason is PVP.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#106 - 2013-05-16 17:46:08 UTC
i allways thought that after 2 months in a noob corp you should be booted and be corpless or have the option to join fw...

and then add the ability to war dec an individual.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Julius Priscus
#107 - 2013-05-16 17:46:44 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Julius Priscus wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Julius Priscus wrote:
its stupid how many people make threads on game mechanics that were removed for obvious reasons...

war dec a noob corp... sit outside the undock in a system youknow noob chars are "made" and kill.

main reason it was removed so long ago.

This has never been possible.



just like concord has ALWAYS been around, right?


It has, people used to be able to tank it.



wrong

concord has not always been around. you sir are an know it all and just a waste of my bandwidth

but one used to be able to "tank" it.
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#108 - 2013-05-16 17:47:46 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
i allways thought that after 2 months in a noob corp you should be booted and be corpless or have the option to join fw...

and then add the ability to war dec an individual.



when do you declare wars on individuals?

forums.  serious business.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#109 - 2013-05-16 17:50:41 UTC
I just occurred to me that what this thread is really about is a desire for Space Gingers.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Six Six Six
Doomheim
#110 - 2013-05-16 17:52:04 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
LHA Tarawa wrote:
Bloody Wench wrote:

I think it would be a good change to the game. Certainly for those hundreds of players in them. Might get them out into some real Corps.




Yeah, a corp they just created... And if you war dec that newly created corp, they'll just create another new corp.

And, if you prevent them from doing that, then they just won't log in. And if that persists, then they'll just drop subscription.


What you CAN NOT do is get players with no interest in PvP, to be your easy targets.


The real problem is that certain segments of the community view PVP as only being their particular brand of it. Theres's industrial PVP, market PVP, ship PVP, personal PVP (dust), etc. If someone doesn't have an interest in PVP, they wouldn't be playing Eve. And frankly, the game will be better off without the relatively minor amount of people who are 100% opposed to all PVP. The game cannot cater to that crowd without attempting to delve into the thing that's killed so many modern MMOs.

There's a reason Eve is still alive... and that reason is PVP.

-Liang


Except when we talk about PvE in this game we're really comparing it with combat PvP. So your industrial PvP, market PvP etc is being refered to as PvE.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#111 - 2013-05-16 17:52:17 UTC
Generally there is competition between players in any game. But you must realize there are rules to the competition. By making npc corps wardecable, you are destroying the rules that keep many players in game.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#112 - 2013-05-16 17:52:18 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
i allways thought that after 2 months in a noob corp you should be booted and be corpless or have the option to join fw...

and then add the ability to war dec an individual.



when do you declare wars on individuals?


you cant hence you should if they are corpless and you should be coprless if you are in a noob corp for more then 2 months...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2013-05-16 17:53:47 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
I always felt that people who want to side with Sansha should get the opportunity to be the rats in the incursions or at least join up with them. From an RP approach this would fit and the incursions were a kind of letdown for Sansha sympathizers. I would even hope in such a case that the Sansha helpers could get LPs from the nation for incursions they manage to thwart.

tbh I'd sign up for that in an instant. Would be just as cool to sign up with Serpentis and become a "belt rat". Look out miners!

Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Beyond that point, this entire thread should be consigned to the "bored gankers asking for easy kills" file.

I disagree. Most people who want to deal away with NPC corps want to ruin risk-free alliance hauling and shake up those "forever n00bs" who mission non-stop and give actual newbies terrible advice that consigns them to a boring and unfulfilled EVE life. And, as has been pointed out, NPC corps are not entirely the haven of ****** carebears.

CCP has no sense of humour.

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#114 - 2013-05-16 17:55:23 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
i allways thought that after 2 months in a noob corp you should be booted and be corpless or have the option to join fw...

and then add the ability to war dec an individual.



when do you declare wars on individuals?


you cant hence you should if they are corpless and you should be coprless if you are in a noob corp for more then 2 months...


yeah i know, i mean the very concept of delcaring war on an individual is barking mad. wars are between corps and alliances.

forums.  serious business.

Mirima Thurander
#115 - 2013-05-16 17:55:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Mirima Thurander
Liang Nuren wrote:
Obviously the correct answer is to move all NPC corps into the faction war. :)

-Liang



I proposed this like 9+ months ago and got so much rage it was unbelievable.

You would be surprised at how many NULL alts for industry and transport there are in NPC corps keeping there supply lines safe.
That's the main reason i wanted the change the first time.

If you could actively wage a war on these Null block logistic efforts in high-sec, it would go along way to giving smaller groups a way to bite the heels of the larger groups.

Supply lines have been a weak spot of many army's, past and present, i see no reason that would change is space war ether.




I also see jump-freighters as one of CCPs biggest errors in judgment, right along side titans, and AOE doomdays.

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#116 - 2013-05-16 18:00:23 UTC
Six Six Six wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
LHA Tarawa wrote:
Bloody Wench wrote:

I think it would be a good change to the game. Certainly for those hundreds of players in them. Might get them out into some real Corps.




Yeah, a corp they just created... And if you war dec that newly created corp, they'll just create another new corp.

And, if you prevent them from doing that, then they just won't log in. And if that persists, then they'll just drop subscription.


What you CAN NOT do is get players with no interest in PvP, to be your easy targets.


The real problem is that certain segments of the community view PVP as only being their particular brand of it. Theres's industrial PVP, market PVP, ship PVP, personal PVP (dust), etc. If someone doesn't have an interest in PVP, they wouldn't be playing Eve. And frankly, the game will be better off without the relatively minor amount of people who are 100% opposed to all PVP. The game cannot cater to that crowd without attempting to delve into the thing that's killed so many modern MMOs.

There's a reason Eve is still alive... and that reason is PVP.

-Liang


Except when we talk about PvE in this game we're really comparing it with combat PvP. So your industrial PvP, market PvP etc is being refered to as PvE.


That is exactly the problem I'm referring to.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#117 - 2013-05-16 18:00:47 UTC
Mirima Thurander wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
Obviously the correct answer is to move all NPC corps into the faction war. :)

-Liang



I proposed this like 9+ months ago and got so much rage it was unbelievable.

You would be surprised at how many NULL alts for industry and transport there are in NPC corps keeping there supply lines safe.
That's the main reason i wanted the change the first time.


that's a problem with alts not NPC corps. we already have enough tryhards camping our high sec stations without giving them hundreds of extra noob targets to encourage them thanks.

forums.  serious business.

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#118 - 2013-05-16 18:07:10 UTC
Mirima Thurander wrote:
I also see jump-freighters as one of CCPs biggest errors in judgment, right along side titans, and AOE doomdays.


At the time, I considered AOE doomsdays to be a real problem in Eve. However, I've since learned that they were the only thing holding back truly enormous blobs. I'd like to see them reintroduced with dramatically increased costs.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#119 - 2013-05-16 18:08:05 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
Mirima Thurander wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
Obviously the correct answer is to move all NPC corps into the faction war. :)

-Liang



I proposed this like 9+ months ago and got so much rage it was unbelievable.

You would be surprised at how many NULL alts for industry and transport there are in NPC corps keeping there supply lines safe.
That's the main reason i wanted the change the first time.


that's a problem with alts not NPC corps. we already have enough tryhards camping our high sec stations without giving them hundreds of extra noob targets to encourage them thanks.


So your solution is getting rid of alts? Yeah, that's a ******* good idea bro. :hi5:

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#120 - 2013-05-16 18:13:32 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
Mirima Thurander wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
Obviously the correct answer is to move all NPC corps into the faction war. :)

-Liang



I proposed this like 9+ months ago and got so much rage it was unbelievable.

You would be surprised at how many NULL alts for industry and transport there are in NPC corps keeping there supply lines safe.
That's the main reason i wanted the change the first time.


that's a problem with alts not NPC corps. we already have enough tryhards camping our high sec stations without giving them hundreds of extra noob targets to encourage them thanks.


So your solution is getting rid of alts? Yeah, that's a ******* good idea bro. :hi5:

-Liang


quit whining then.

forums.  serious business.