These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

How much would you pay to be able to Wardec an NPC corp?

Author
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#81 - 2013-05-16 14:59:39 UTC
All those people that want to gloriously dispatch hordes of non pvp focused players in empire space, why dont you seek glory fighting Goonswarm? They are the biggest corp and lots of nullbears there, many iskies.
Six Six Six
Doomheim
#82 - 2013-05-16 15:04:16 UTC
Bloody Wench wrote:
Six Six Six wrote:
Bloody Wench wrote:
With the recently announced corp drop timer changes, there's just no reason not to have all those players in some form of Player run Corp, be it their own or otherwise.




That's where you are wrong. There's a lot of bad player corps out there for various reasons and when a lot of people make a decision to join a player corp they don't want to have to start corp hopping to try and find a good one as it tends to mess up your employment record.



Your employment record?
This is your best argument?

NPC corp for over a year is not a glowing endorsement either.



No, but at least it shows you're more likely to stay somewhere rather than just flitting about where your fancy take you.

Plus forcing people into crap player run corps won't help the game at all. Quite often all what will happen is they'll log on less and less or start a new character. Seen it happen many times before, not just in this game.
Rek Seven
Galactic Deep Space Industries
Warped Intentions
#83 - 2013-05-16 15:04:39 UTC
Zero. NPC corps should never be able to be wardeced, they should be a place for beginners to get accustomed to the game. However, there should be a character age limit in all NPC corps.
Julius Priscus
#84 - 2013-05-16 15:08:51 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Julius Priscus wrote:
its stupid how many people make threads on game mechanics that were removed for obvious reasons...

war dec a noob corp... sit outside the undock in a system youknow noob chars are "made" and kill.

main reason it was removed so long ago.

This has never been possible.



just like concord has ALWAYS been around, right?
Six Six Six
Doomheim
#85 - 2013-05-16 15:13:02 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Zero. NPC corps should never be able to be wardeced, they should be a place for beginners to get accustomed to the game. However, there should be a character age limit in all NPC corps.



Then what?


Start your own corp, get bored and leave.

Or join a poorly run player corp, get bored and leave.

Or you might find a good corp and actually stay.



There is no reason to be forced into a player corp.

I've said this many times and I'll say it again, you can't force people to do what they don't want to do (especially in a game). Maybe one day that will sink in to those who try to do exactly that. At least then it would save me from having to say it anymore.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#86 - 2013-05-16 15:16:47 UTC
Bloody Wench wrote:
Bi-Mi Lansatha wrote:
Bloody Wench wrote:

If people are killing blues in hisec without loss of ship or security status, then it's clearly an exploit, which you should report to CCP.
My think initially when it happened also. Yet when I followed these pirate by their kill board it was happening over and over again. One pirate in particular is killing maybe on average six ships a day... security status almost 2.0.

I now suspect it is not an exploit.



Just because something goes on for ages doesn't make it not an exploit.
boomeranging, orca re-shipping, cynoing to avoid concord etc etc the list goes on and on.
Magnetar Effects...lawl

You should definitely have CCP look into it.


you're allowed to shoot corp-mates without CONCORD repercussion. This is intended.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#87 - 2013-05-16 15:17:08 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Julius Priscus wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Julius Priscus wrote:
its stupid how many people make threads on game mechanics that were removed for obvious reasons...

war dec a noob corp... sit outside the undock in a system youknow noob chars are "made" and kill.

main reason it was removed so long ago.

This has never been possible.



just like concord has ALWAYS been around, right?


It has, people used to be able to tank it.
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2013-05-16 15:57:02 UTC
Rather than being able to wardec NPC corps we should be advocating something a little different.

Anytime someone starts a mission, a random NPC corp member is teleported to the mission area with their current ship and becomes the "rat" for the mission (you could even have several of them being "waves", just hold the next guys in a limbo state). They can't leave the mission area until they or the mission runner is dead. The system could choose players for missions based on what class of ship they are flying at the time: L1 = pods/shuttles, L2 = frigates/industrials, L3 = destroyers/cruisers, L4 = battlecruisers, L5 = battleships.

In this way we accomplish several goals:
1. PvP is added to missions.
2. Missions become less of a grind.
3. NPC corp members are properly punished for avoiding wardecs.
4. NPC corp members are forced to PvP.

CCP has no sense of humour.

Niec Mogul
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2013-05-16 16:26:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Niec Mogul
Every time I see this post or some variant, I'm reminded of this video:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=73b_1364917659

"Get out of the corp you carebear!!! Get out!!! Aaarurrrrrggghh!!!"

Such pent-up rage...hahaha!
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#90 - 2013-05-16 16:27:59 UTC
How bad do you have to be, that you require wardeccing noobs to get a kill? Roll



Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Six Six Six
Doomheim
#91 - 2013-05-16 16:28:04 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
Rather than being able to wardec NPC corps we should be advocating something a little different.

Anytime someone starts a mission, a random NPC corp member is teleported to the mission area with their current ship and becomes the "rat" for the mission (you could even have several of them being "waves", just hold the next guys in a limbo state). They can't leave the mission area until they or the mission runner is dead. The system could choose players for missions based on what class of ship they are flying at the time: L1 = pods/shuttles, L2 = frigates/industrials, L3 = destroyers/cruisers, L4 = battlecruisers, L5 = battleships.

In this way we accomplish several goals:
1. PvP is added to missions.
2. Missions become less of a grind.
3. NPC corp members are properly punished for avoiding wardecs.
4. NPC corp members are forced to PvP.




5. NPC corp members leave the game.
Six Six Six
Doomheim
#92 - 2013-05-16 16:29:28 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
How bad do you have to be, that you require wardeccing noobs to get a kill? Roll






Bad, but not in the evil sense.
Kult Altol
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#93 - 2013-05-16 16:37:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Kult Altol
Dirty carebear scum in NPC corp reporting in.

I mine, I mission, I trade, all in the relative safety of my NPC corporate overlords. All they demand is 11% tax rate.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

ian papabear
No Regard.
#94 - 2013-05-16 16:57:21 UTC
none, I live in nullsec.

I dont think people like you realize how attached everything in this game is and that one small decision has huge ripples.

.

J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2013-05-16 17:00:05 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

Oh, and don't forget to scan their fits. I think the most expensive one I ever saw was around 40-50 billion. Though that's kind of rare, you'll see 5-10 billion setups all the time, and the grand majority at least having some decent faction modules fitted.



Sounds like someone is jealous.

If you want pvp go low and null and you'll find lots of it or are you afraid that they'll actually shoot back?
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Darvaleth Sigma
Imperial Security Hegemony
#96 - 2013-05-16 17:00:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Darvaleth Sigma
I think same as every other corp, but the NPCs get Concord.

EDIT: Sweet god... they'd even find you in your wormholes...

Give a man a match and you warm him for a day.

Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Angang Ostus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2013-05-16 17:07:39 UTC
I think a neat mechanic would be if you're able to pursue war targets into systems with security levels equal to or lesser than your corp's standings with the NPC corp. So if your standing with Brutor Tribe is above 7 then you can shoot with impunity in 0.7 or lower systems. So you'd have to grind standings with that corp to be able to continue the war and have access to higher security areas. 0.8 systems and above would most often still be safe havens.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2013-05-16 17:11:30 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
Rather than being able to wardec NPC corps we should be advocating something a little different.

Anytime someone starts a mission, a random NPC corp member is teleported to the mission area with their current ship and becomes the "rat" for the mission (you could even have several of them being "waves", just hold the next guys in a limbo state). They can't leave the mission area until they or the mission runner is dead. The system could choose players for missions based on what class of ship they are flying at the time: L1 = pods/shuttles, L2 = frigates/industrials, L3 = destroyers/cruisers, L4 = battlecruisers, L5 = battleships.

In this way we accomplish several goals:
1. PvP is added to missions.
2. Missions become less of a grind.
3. NPC corp members are properly punished for avoiding wardecs.
4. NPC corp members are forced to PvP.

the funniest post of the whole thread.

/close

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2013-05-16 17:15:28 UTC
Angang Ostus wrote:
I think a neat mechanic would be if you're able to pursue war targets into systems with security levels equal to or lesser than your corp's standings with the NPC corp. So if your standing with Brutor Tribe is above 7 then you can shoot with impunity in 0.7 or lower systems. So you'd have to grind standings with that corp to be able to continue the war and have access to higher security areas. 0.8 systems and above would most often still be safe havens.

This, but only if you can shoot anyone with impunity if your standings are high enough. War targets should still be shootable anywhere.

CCP has no sense of humour.

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#100 - 2013-05-16 17:30:49 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
All those people that want to gloriously dispatch hordes of non pvp focused players in empire space, why dont you seek glory fighting Goonswarm? They are the biggest corp and lots of nullbears there, many iskies.


I think it's a giant mistake to assume that people in NPC corps are not PVP focused. For a long time the most infamous pirate corp in low sec was SWA.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.