These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Jukebox Petition - Bring it back!

First post First post
Author
RealEchnaton
SonnenFeuer
#161 - 2012-12-15 11:43:37 UTC
i never belief., that so a little piece of eve habe so much impact of my joy of this game, but it is serious.

plz stop my negative storm of creative inventing new bad words for the developer,
who have remove the jukebox, let me play eve relaxed and as a good rest after a hard work day.

- Nerf my favorite ships
- make jukebox optional for only they want it
- half my isk every day...


But bring the jukebox back again.....



so i signed this thread

androch
LitlCorp
#162 - 2012-12-15 12:56:45 UTC
what these ignorant trolls that tell us to use media player and such seem to be too dumb to realize is that lately alt tabbing from eve has been causing crashes and socket errors repeatedly so messing with a playlist outside eve... not a viable option for some players
Shakhal McCansey
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#163 - 2012-12-15 13:00:11 UTC
/signed
Bring it back! I was a couple of month's away no it's gone!? whats wrong?

-Shak

giglio
Lost Misanthropes
#164 - 2012-12-15 13:40:17 UTC
The actual music system have to be an option not an imposition. The old jukebox and the present music system can live together and leave the players do their choice.

I want my beloved jukebox back, I want to listen my EvE original soundtrack, I want to listen beautiful EvE's musics in the way and in the order I prefer and according to my temporary mood.

Without the old jukebox this is not the same game, this is not the best game in the world...this is not EvE.

Give my Jukebox back.

/Signed
androch
LitlCorp
#165 - 2012-12-15 18:22:08 UTC
yes! more sigs!
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#166 - 2012-12-15 23:24:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Issler Dainze
I posted this in another thread on this topic. I TOTALLY support the return of the jukebox so long as the automatic music selection remains an option. I personally love environment and circumstance driven music and sound but I also see how folks might want to select what to listen to.

Since I posted in support for this idea previously please edit the first post to include in the CSM response "Issler supports the petition".

Issler
Crimeo Khamsi
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#167 - 2012-12-16 00:07:43 UTC
androch wrote:
what these ignorant trolls that tell us to use media player and such seem to be too dumb to realize is that lately alt tabbing from eve has been causing crashes and socket errors repeatedly so messing with a playlist outside eve... not a viable option for some players

borderless window mode, then.
Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#168 - 2012-12-16 02:23:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Seleene
Believe it or not, CCP is able to see exactly how many people are doing something in EVE. For example, they can tell you how many players were flying Apocs with 280mm Artys on Jan 23rd, 2007 if they wanted to. That is how deep and accurate their data mining goes. Because of this, they are able to base design and development decisions not off of forum posts or speculation but actual hard data. The fact is that the percentage of players over the last nearly ten years that used the jukebox was so minuscule that it barely registered on the radar. In the process of refining the UI and adding additional functionality to other areas of the game, the Jukebox was obviously considered too low of a priority for resources.

It's gone and it's not coming back, at least not in the form that you've been used to, if in any form at all.

Don't shoot the messenger because you don't like what he has to say, this is just the way it is. BTW, you can still DL the music here or stream it over SoundCloud here if you want.

2004-2008: Mercenary Coalition Boss

2007-2010: CCP Game Designer | 2011-2013: CSM6 Delegate & CSM7 Chairman

2011-2015: Pandemic Legionnaire

2015- : Mercenary Coalition Boss

Follow Seleene on Twitter!

androch
LitlCorp
#169 - 2012-12-16 16:48:16 UTC
am i the only one who notices that csm staff never has player interests in mind?
DarkestHeart
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#170 - 2012-12-16 17:31:11 UTC
Seleene wrote:
Believe it or not, CCP is able to see exactly how many people are doing something in EVE. For example, they can tell you how many players were flying Apocs with 280mm Artys on Jan 23rd, 2007 if they wanted to. That is how deep and accurate their data mining goes. Because of this, they are able to base design and development decisions not off of forum posts or speculation but actual hard data. The fact is that the percentage of players over the last nearly ten years that used the jukebox was so minuscule that it barely registered on the radar. In the process of refining the UI and adding additional functionality to other areas of the game, the Jukebox was obviously considered too low of a priority for resources.

It's gone and it's not coming back, at least not in the form that you've been used to, if in any form at all.

Don't shoot the messenger because you don't like what he has to say, this is just the way it is. BTW, you can still DL the music here or stream it over SoundCloud here if you want.


If what you are saying is true, which due to other evidence that has been given over the past two weeks - CCP are able to get client data logs, which goes against most petition responses for reimbursement. But thats another topic all together, back to the jukebox.

Unsure if we're getting trolled now by CSM or not - going to hopefully say not, updating first post to count new signees and CSM member approval (even if its only ).

Androch - I think its fair to say most of EvE feel the same.
Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#171 - 2012-12-16 19:24:58 UTC
androch wrote:
am i the only one who notices that csm staff never has player interests in mind?


Staff would have to be paid. We are not.

Also, we do have the player's interests in mind; that is why we aren't bothering CCP overly about a feature like this which can be easily duplicated by downloading WinAmp and the soundtrack.

2004-2008: Mercenary Coalition Boss

2007-2010: CCP Game Designer | 2011-2013: CSM6 Delegate & CSM7 Chairman

2011-2015: Pandemic Legionnaire

2015- : Mercenary Coalition Boss

Follow Seleene on Twitter!

Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#172 - 2012-12-16 19:25:49 UTC
DarkestHeart wrote:


Unsure if we're getting trolled now by CSM or not -


I have absolutely no reason to troll you.

2004-2008: Mercenary Coalition Boss

2007-2010: CCP Game Designer | 2011-2013: CSM6 Delegate & CSM7 Chairman

2011-2015: Pandemic Legionnaire

2015- : Mercenary Coalition Boss

Follow Seleene on Twitter!

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#173 - 2012-12-16 22:32:22 UTC
DarkestHeart wrote:
If what you are saying is true, which due to other evidence that has been given over the past two weeks - CCP are able to get client data logs, which goes against most petition responses for reimbursement.

The classic "the logs show nothing" happens when client-server communications are broken, and thus the server has no clue what is going on with the client. This overlaps many reimbursement petitions because of losses caused by lag, disconnects (socket closed), desync (communication problems), freezing, or hardware problems. All of these would lead to the server losing contact with the client, and thus not having logs.

Don't be thick.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#174 - 2012-12-17 01:30:36 UTC
Sign me up, thx, running 2 boxes.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Mak YuTsai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#175 - 2012-12-17 05:05:20 UTC
Signed.
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#176 - 2012-12-17 05:42:10 UTC
DarkestHeart wrote:
If what you are saying is true, which due to other evidence that has been given over the past two weeks - CCP are able to get client data logs, which goes against most petition responses for reimbursement. But thats another topic all together, back to the jukebox.


There's a huge difference between logs showing discrepancies between "what should have happened according to the server" and "what happened on the client" and logging the use of a single client feature.

I know you really want your jukebox back, but damn. Think for a few minutes and maybe accept that you're in a massive minority on that.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Keko Khaan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#177 - 2012-12-17 08:21:20 UTC
Kaizoe Ocshtau wrote:
Use an external music player.
If you want to have control over the EVE music played, use this http://soundcloud.com/ccpgames/sets/eve-online-in-game-tracks/




I dont want to use external player on backround of my multiboxing rig. Either i cant use my laptop for music if my girlfriend is using laptop. I dont want to use soundcloud or anything browser related stuff. Because they sux and theyre stupid.

Currently i need to walk 5 meters to my stereos so i can change tracks, put music on and off etc from my ipod. And obviously i cant go afk all the times to adjust music while playing eve.


And signed btw.
CCP RealX
C C P
C C P Alliance
#178 - 2012-12-17 10:43:22 UTC
Hi,

I want to thank you all for taking time to give this matter you attention. We (meaning the CCP sound department) are monitoring this thread closely and take all opinions into consideration. I hope you don't think we made this decision lightly.

First, some back story.

As many of you know that used the jukebox it was quite buggy and we got a lot of negative feedback regarding its use, it didn't measure up to other media players, it didn't support this or that codec etc. The jukebox works as a plugin to our audio engine (Audio Kinetics WWise) and was based on a now deprecated Microsoft MP3 decoder that was used as an example on how to build plugins for the WWise engine.

As mentioned in the blog these were the biggest issues that factored into the removal the jukebox. We believe we made the right decision but that is for EVE's community to decide. If we however made the wrong decision and you decide that we will put the jukebox back into the game, it will happen at the cost of adding new game-play related features. And I ask you all to weigh that into your thoughts on the matter. The jukebox needs a lot of love, and if we will give it all the love that it needs it will take development time away from game-play related features. If you decide that there is more value for you in the jukebox than there is in new features we will shift our focus back to the jukebox.

Regards,

RealX
Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#179 - 2012-12-17 11:35:52 UTC


We don't need the Juke Box. Please let it go.

Where I am.

FistyMcBumBasher
Goryn Clade
#180 - 2012-12-17 11:37:14 UTC
CCP RealX wrote:
Hi,

I want to thank you all for taking time to give this matter you attention. We (meaning the CCP sound department) are monitoring this thread closely and take all opinions into consideration. I hope you don't think we made this decision lightly.

First, some back story.

As many of you know that used the jukebox it was quite buggy and we got a lot of negative feedback regarding its use, it didn't measure up to other media players, it didn't support this or that codec etc. The jukebox works as a plugin to our audio engine (Audio Kinetics WWise) and was based on a now deprecated Microsoft MP3 decoder that was used as an example on how to build plugins for the WWise engine.

As mentioned in the blog these were the biggest issues that factored into the removal the jukebox. We believe we made the right decision but that is for EVE's community to decide. If we however made the wrong decision and you decide that we will put the jukebox back into the game, it will happen at the cost of adding new game-play related features. And I ask you all to weigh that into your thoughts on the matter. The jukebox needs a lot of love, and if we will give it all the love that it needs it will take development time away from game-play related features. If you decide that there is more value for you in the jukebox than there is in new features we will shift our focus back to the jukebox.

Regards,

RealX


How large of a portion of the player base actually used the jukebox regularly? If it was less than 5% then don't waste any more dev time on it and keep coming out with awesome features. I for one would rather have more sounds in Eve when not using an external audio engine than the ability to play music in game.