These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Incoming titan adjustments

First post First post
Author
Pharon Reichter
R.I.P. Legion
Legion of xXDEATHXx
#921 - 2012-03-13 22:54:05 UTC
I'm not going to get into an argument weather titans need fixing or not. All i'm gonna say is that anyone with half brain will notice that this move is a rushed out nerf that breaks more than it fixes.

This isnt something that really needs urgent attention but rather careful thought. Oh wait yes there IS a group of people that is crying about it ;) And loud. But getting from an extreme ( not listening to comunity) to the other - ( listening mindless to what some vocal group is crying ) is not the way to go. As people get from pube status to maturity they learn that best way to deal with things is to set them right from the first time.

In the last couple of years there have been several changes to supercaps and none was - as it's shown now - very well thought. This isn't going to fix anything neither in the short term nor in the long term. It will only make a certain group of people happy. CCP knows that and they have even admitted it. So yeah well have fun with it ;)

That being said and knowing this will never happen i also propose something else along with this change -

make only capitals being able to shot structures ;) make subcaps only be able to shoot pos mods. This will bring back the rock/paper/scissors in this game since.

- dreads will be back in action
- supercaps/titans will be usefull
- subcaps will have the role of support fleet and/or skirmish/harassment

none of the single composition fleets will be able to accomplish something alone , you will have noob players happy and vets happy. true smaller alliances aren't really going to be able to compete ... but let's be honest are they now ?
Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#922 - 2012-03-13 22:54:58 UTC
mid-long term, expect supercaps to be moved back to support roles where they belong rather than direct front-line combat.

This is a hotfix.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
Goonswarm Federation
#923 - 2012-03-13 22:55:22 UTC
hey ccp

you should let supercaps dock

and then implement a twitter feed that announces when supercaps get reprocessed
Ganthrithor
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#924 - 2012-03-13 22:57:01 UTC
Pharon Reichter wrote:
make subcaps only be able to shoot pos mods

This sounds pretty fun. I love fleet fights vs anchored opponents.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#925 - 2012-03-13 22:57:04 UTC
Machine Delta wrote:

Dodging the question.
I see how it is.

Hey, your alliance ignores whole classes of ship, I can ignore your question that ignores what I've said if i want to.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#926 - 2012-03-13 22:57:24 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
What am i dropping on them with, I can only field 200 guys

You might have to open your recruitment beyond "anybody with a supercap".

Like I've been saying, this will be the "Numbers are all that matter" patch

It's not but because you refuse to consider any other solution we're trying to help out.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Koby Botick
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#927 - 2012-03-13 22:58:51 UTC
Akelorian wrote:
Then I expect them to step in now with a quick fix for alpha maelstroms :) and a quick fix for sov mechanics, and base the fix on maelstroms with officer mods that titans don't use :)

I am sure if alpha maelstroms are capable of doing stuff they are not intended to, they will receive treatment. Given CCPs average response time that would be somewhere between May and July. In 2014.

But why not, I always wanted to fly Amarr ships you know. They still look the best.
GeneralDisturbed
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#928 - 2012-03-13 22:59:36 UTC
https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/623314 Oh wait.
https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/623239 Oh... Oh no.
https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/621694 Titans can't hit small ships.
https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/625987 That looks like a drake.
https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/625956 Clearly a dual LSE large sigged drake.
https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/625985 :ohdear:
https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/625893 Oh oh god.
https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/629988 Look at all the LSE's on that drake.
https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/629987 Another one of those drakes.
https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/623437 No Problem At All.

Reposting these killmails for the titan thread. Anybody who cares enough can also hit the battles button for those kills, and see where fleets of hundreds were wiped out by 40 titans, while the titan group took generally 0 losses.

Anybody in this thread who thinks there wasn't a problem with titans has never spent a week having every single fight end with a titan blob being cyno'd in on your head the second you burn all the way over to wherever you're fighting, and hit grid. And being told to immediately turn around and go home, because there is nothing a subcap fleet can do to a titan blob but die as fast as the titans can cycle their guns.

Remember when they decided to park a small group of titans on a gate and just camp it with them, killing anything that came through? Yeah, no problem at all with titans.
CynoNet Two
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#929 - 2012-03-13 23:00:21 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Powers Sa wrote:

You mean when we lose half a fleet and they reship?

No i mean when you filled 4 fleets full of drakes and then charged into the waiting guns of 34 titans.

And yet here we are, several weeks later with titan guns being nerfed. Odd coincidence isn't that?

Grath Telkin wrote:

The 5 scan res is dumb, as it allows even regular caps to escape titans now, they can easily either warp off, jump out or dock up, its absurd that any ship class in eve would take 15 seconds to lock itself.

Hi my name is Moros. When I fit 2 sensor boosters and enter siege mode it takes me approximately 14 seconds to lock myself.

Being a Moros, I use that time to suck myself off, because Morososoeses are just that good.

Grath Telkin wrote:

The single most bothering thing about the nerf is the idea it represents. It is essentially CCP's way of saying you either get your own fleet of 1200 dudes or you can't compete, end of discussion.

1200 dudes aren't a single ship class. You don't nerf 1200 dudes by tweaking their tracking or fiddling their scan res. If you'd have said 1200 Maelstroms, 1200 tengus, or 1200 lolcats (whatever your FOTM fit is) you may have had a point here in that a certain class of ship was overpowered. Instead you're comparing motivations of players to the effectiveness of expensive ships. You're comparing apples to oranges.
The tools already exist ingame to counter different groups of players in the form of spying, politics, attacks on morale, market manipulation and other metagaming.

Do me this little favour. Go stand in front of a mirror and read these words alound, just once:
"If 1200 people want to shoot me, personally... what could I have possibly done to **** them off and motivate them that much?"

(hint: it's to do with titans)
Pharon Reichter
R.I.P. Legion
Legion of xXDEATHXx
#930 - 2012-03-13 23:00:29 UTC
Ganthrithor wrote:
Pharon Reichter wrote:

You'd have to bring down that cyno-jammer to bring the caps in. And dreads would really get thir role back - shooting structures. And no - subcap role wouldnt be to shoot structures just like you say supercaps role isn't to shoot subcaps.
Akelorian
FinFleet
Northern Coalition.
#931 - 2012-03-13 23:00:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Akelorian
Dear CCP Peligro, What was that you said? I told you so
Powers Sa
#932 - 2012-03-13 23:01:53 UTC
Pharon Reichter wrote:
As people get from pube status to maturity they learn that best way to deal with things is to set them right from the first time.

Goonswarm Federation will proudly display pube status in this thread. I can't say that CCP won't ban us all though.

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#933 - 2012-03-13 23:02:36 UTC
Pharon Reichter wrote:
Ganthrithor wrote:
Pharon Reichter wrote:

You'd have to bring down that cyno-jammer to bring the caps in.

Not if you're in Ev0ke!

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#934 - 2012-03-13 23:03:00 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
What am i dropping on them with, I can only field 200 guys

You might have to open your recruitment beyond "anybody with a supercap".

Like I've been saying, this will be the "Numbers are all that matter" patch

Damn goons are their low-end SP recruitment from the Something Awful Dot Com forums.

You shouldn't be allowed to live in nullsec unless your alliance has a 70million SP average!
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#935 - 2012-03-13 23:03:16 UTC
Also, Grath, you need to calm down dude.
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#936 - 2012-03-13 23:03:34 UTC
I know you're always mad, but really we do love you.
SuperBeastie
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#937 - 2012-03-13 23:03:54 UTC
Charles Case wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:

So Titans can't hit MWD drakes with the signature of carriers flying in a ball (orbiting an anchor) that is keeping range when their transversal hits zero, because geometry failed me, but your enlightening post has cleared it all up.

Thanks!

If your range from your target is maintained throughout your orbit of the anchor, your trans never hits 0.

i don't think you'll be able to get through to this one

you guys are both ******* idiots learn to read if you are anchored on someone other than the guy shooting at you there are 2 points in the orbit where you have 0 trans.

By making this change you are actually hurting the alliances who actually have the balls to field their 100b isk ships. The cfc has at least 2 times the super capital numbers as raiden. The problem is we don't have the balls to lose some killing all of theirs.

[center]SuperBeastie's Third Party Service My in-game Channel is Supers Third Party[/center]

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#938 - 2012-03-13 23:04:22 UTC
CynoNet Two wrote:

The tools already exist ingame to counter different groups of players in the form of spying, politics, attacks on morale, market manipulation and other metagaming.

Odd, are you suggesting somehow those same counters aren't effective against supercaps?? What makes those tactics work better against sub caps.

While Im staring at a mirror, are you asking yourself what you did to make 100 titans want to shoot you?

(hint: its the blob)

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Machine Delta
Perkone
Caldari State
#939 - 2012-03-13 23:04:53 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Machine Delta wrote:

Dodging the question.
I see how it is.

Hey, your alliance ignores whole classes of ship, I can ignore your question that ignores what I've said if i want to.

Show us where we've done so?

We've offered viable counters besides "BRING MORE PEOPLE" which are the words you're forcing into our mouths.

When we've offered this counter your reply is "Yeah but what would you do if that 1200 man support fleet was sitting in a pos while supers did the work".

That's not really a tactic we've had to worry about. We haven't gone around bluing up half the galaxy to get super fleets to do heavy lifting for us unlike some entities.

Thodoros
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#940 - 2012-03-13 23:05:49 UTC
Hell, its about time!
Now i am certain i be able to buy a Titan with my ISK!