These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Incoming titan adjustments

First post First post
Author
Ganthrithor
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#881 - 2012-03-13 22:32:34 UTC
Swearte Widfarend wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:

Ok, so geometry is hard. But when you orbit your anchor, there are at least two points in your orbit where your transversal is ZERO and you will be hit. And yeah, your current drake doctorine is a perma-MWD drake. Unless it changed this week.

1 thing. If you orbit in a circle that maintains distance from your target that doesn't happen.



Oh, god. Go back to school. Yes, it does. TWICE in every rotation. Draw a line from your target through your anchor. Now draw a circle around your anchor. See the circle bisected by the line. TWICE.


You're dumb as hell, just saying.
Acwron
Meet The Fockers
#882 - 2012-03-13 22:32:37 UTC
Andski wrote:
Acwron wrote:
Achaiah7 wrote:
The tears, they precious. I can haz your stuffs?


You can't. Cos you can't fly it. Now go back into your drake.


If I recall right, we relieved you of the burden of Nyx ownership. You replaced it, and lost a Nyx and Ragnarok shortly thereafter. HEH


Your spies are dead and burried long time ago prolly.

1. I do post with my main
2. I never lost a titan.
3. I lost a Nyx cos mittani is a jerk and is using his CSM chairman position ( which is outside the game ) in the game to scam people.
3. I lost another Nyx trying to save my friend's titan.
3. I did replace one Nyx and bought 1 more titan and was aiming to get another 2. If they really nerf the titans, I won't buy another, of course. I will also stop most of my accounts and keep only 3-4. I have 12 now. CCP will be happy I suppose.
4. No, you can't have my stuff cos you simply don't have the skills to use most of my ships.

Regarding the Titan nerf : If it gets to that, I think would be fair for us to have the skill points back to reallocate them into something useful and the isk spent on the titans as well ( market price not production price ).
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#883 - 2012-03-13 22:32:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Swearte Widfarend wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:

Ok, so geometry is hard. But when you orbit your anchor, there are at least two points in your orbit where your transversal is ZERO and you will be hit. And yeah, your current drake doctorine is a perma-MWD drake. Unless it changed this week.

1 thing. If you orbit in a circle that maintains distance from your target that doesn't happen.



Oh, god. Go back to school. Yes, it does. TWICE in every rotation. Draw a line from your target through your anchor. Now draw a circle around your anchor. See the circle bisected by the line. TWICE.

Rotate the circle 90 degrees on the z axis so the line no longer intersects the circle. Remember, 3 dimensions. Also the 0 trans points should be close to the points farthest from where the line intersects the circle even if you do orbit in this direction. The points where the line intersects are where your trans is HIGHEST.
Uggs386
Pete Top Kevin Bottom
#884 - 2012-03-13 22:33:15 UTC
Ok so now that you have "balanced" titans, can you start working on scale issues in eve.

For example one possible idea: The larger the fleet the more difficult it is to organize and control the fleet.

I feel like one of the reasons huge blobs are so powerful atm is because you only need 1 person for every 250 players who actually know how to play eve. So you can mass recruit a bunch of people who know basic eve mechanics and go own zone everything because you have a few dudes who actually know how to pvp.

So maybe change up the fleet interface controls. Make it so fleet commanders can no longer fleet warp, regroup, broadcast targets etc. Make it so that only wing commanders and squad commanders can execute those orders. This would force 5 people per a fleet of 250 actually have to know how to pvp. Anyways just am idea on how to improve the game.
Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#885 - 2012-03-13 22:33:47 UTC
Titans were never meant to be "cost effective", its a huge dick.
- CCP Oveur, 2006

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Charles Case
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#886 - 2012-03-13 22:34:07 UTC
Ganthrithor wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:

Ok, so geometry is hard. But when you orbit your anchor, there are at least two points in your orbit where your transversal is ZERO and you will be hit. And yeah, your current drake doctorine is a perma-MWD drake. Unless it changed this week.

1 thing. If you orbit in a circle that maintains distance from your target that doesn't happen.



Oh, god. Go back to school. Yes, it does. TWICE in every rotation. Draw a line from your target through your anchor. Now draw a circle around your anchor. See the circle bisected by the line. TWICE.


You're dumb as hell, just saying.


has to be said
Woo Glin
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#887 - 2012-03-13 22:34:14 UTC
3d is hard
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#888 - 2012-03-13 22:34:39 UTC
Can we have this thread moved to COAD now?
Powers Sa
#889 - 2012-03-13 22:34:44 UTC
Great thing PL is bros with test:
Quote:

(4:24:39 PM) goons.pleaseignore.com: Attention test and test pets, all officer Sebo's must sold to the alliance. Pricing structure to follow, anyone found selling officer Sebo's outside of test will kicked for test f**king.

Test Officer Sensor Booster Interdiction begins today.

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

kdsjfjhiskhfs
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#890 - 2012-03-13 22:35:00 UTC
great job ccp, finally no more "i win button" in eve

also "elyte" pvp ally tears are best tears.

pl and raiden cry more please. it's delicious.
Heathkit
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#891 - 2012-03-13 22:35:17 UTC
I actually really like the meta-game that overpowered titans creates. We have to tightly control super production and maintain an arms race with our enemies. During an invasion, taking out a titan in production is really useful. I'm glad titans can no longer blap subcap fleets, but making them pointless reduces this extra driver of conflict.

What I'd really like to see is titans essentially become nuclear bombs. You care that you have more than your enemy, you race to build them, but actually using them is almost as harmful to you as to your enemy.

Titans should get back their AoE doomsdays. But instead of just taking 50k racial isotopes to activate, they should destroy the ship, and probably pod the pilot as well. I would have no problem getting my fleet welped by a titan if I knew it was costing the other guy something, and if they could only use that ability as often as they can build a new titan.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#892 - 2012-03-13 22:35:32 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
Promiscuous Female wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

2) If you had 200 bombers, and were facing 1200 guys, how do you propose you talk those 1200 guys into being somewhere bombable??


http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item.php?type_id=22778


Thats nice, why would they ever be somewhere to get bubbled?

Theres literally no need to, they come in, sit in staging tower, then cynoing in their own supers to do any heavy lifting in the system.

But hey, at least you had 200 bombers.


so you drop on the supercaps

suddenly, the 1200 guys have to leave the pos and you can then bubble them

i hope this helped you in your quest to become average at eve online


What am i dropping on them with, I can only field 200 guys and we've already had another goon suggest all 200 guys should be in bombers to hope to kill the 1200 man sub cap fleet?


I'm ok with admitting EVE is strictly about numbers now, it seems to be the CFC that has a problem with admitting thats what they want (and have achieved)

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#893 - 2012-03-13 22:38:34 UTC
hey CCP can you make it so when you're in a titan the size of the 'self destruct ship' command is increased to size 64pt font?
also reduce self destruct timer to 1sec kthx
Swearte Widfarend
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#894 - 2012-03-13 22:38:40 UTC
Ganthrithor wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:

Ok, so geometry is hard. But when you orbit your anchor, there are at least two points in your orbit where your transversal is ZERO and you will be hit. And yeah, your current drake doctorine is a perma-MWD drake. Unless it changed this week.

1 thing. If you orbit in a circle that maintains distance from your target that doesn't happen.



Oh, god. Go back to school. Yes, it does. TWICE in every rotation. Draw a line from your target through your anchor. Now draw a circle around your anchor. See the circle bisected by the line. TWICE.


You're dumb as hell, just saying.


So Titans can't hit MWD drakes with the signature of carriers flying in a ball (orbiting an anchor) that is keeping range when their transversal hits zero, because geometry failed me, but your enlightening post has cleared it all up.

Thanks!

Democracy is only as good as the despot managing the voting booth.

Acwron
Meet The Fockers
#895 - 2012-03-13 22:40:13 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Hi everyone,

We're not happy with......



LOL You just started so very wrong ! You are not happy ?! ?!? You are supposed to be happy only if WE are happy ! Because we pay you, not the other way around ! Jesus, fire this guy, fast ! CCP Greyscale, no disrespect but please, go find a job where you could be useful.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#896 - 2012-03-13 22:40:41 UTC
Swearte Widfarend wrote:
Ganthrithor wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:

Ok, so geometry is hard. But when you orbit your anchor, there are at least two points in your orbit where your transversal is ZERO and you will be hit. And yeah, your current drake doctorine is a perma-MWD drake. Unless it changed this week.

1 thing. If you orbit in a circle that maintains distance from your target that doesn't happen.



Oh, god. Go back to school. Yes, it does. TWICE in every rotation. Draw a line from your target through your anchor. Now draw a circle around your anchor. See the circle bisected by the line. TWICE.


You're dumb as hell, just saying.


So Titans can't hit MWD drakes with the signature of carriers flying in a ball (orbiting an anchor) that is keeping range when their transversal hits zero, because geometry failed me, but your enlightening post has cleared it all up.

Thanks!

If your range from your target is maintained throughout your orbit of the anchor, your trans never hits 0.
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#897 - 2012-03-13 22:41:20 UTC
Uggs386 wrote:
Ok so now that you have "balanced" titans, can you start working on scale issues in eve.

For example one possible idea: The larger the fleet the more difficult it is to organize and control the fleet.

I feel like one of the reasons huge blobs are so powerful atm is because you only need 1 person for every 250 players who actually know how to play eve. So you can mass recruit a bunch of people who know basic eve mechanics and go own zone everything because you have a few dudes who actually know how to pvp.

So maybe change up the fleet interface controls. Make it so fleet commanders can no longer fleet warp, regroup, broadcast targets etc. Make it so that only wing commanders and squad commanders can execute those orders. This would force 5 people per a fleet of 250 actually have to know how to pvp. Anyways just am idea on how to improve the game.


You know I suggested locking speed penalties as more and more ships lock/start locking in order to simulate a LoS mechanic so smaller groups can actually do something against blobs like, two years ago. It would be a game changed for sure and the mindless blob would have to actually think and go after several targets at once instead of the 500 shoot the same guy.

Pretty sure all null power blocks wanted nothing to do with it. My question to you and anyone else: What alliances would do well in this situation and which ones would flounder?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#898 - 2012-03-13 22:41:32 UTC
Acwron wrote:
Andski wrote:
Acwron wrote:
Achaiah7 wrote:
The tears, they precious. I can haz your stuffs?


You can't. Cos you can't fly it. Now go back into your drake.


If I recall right, we relieved you of the burden of Nyx ownership. You replaced it, and lost a Nyx and Ragnarok shortly thereafter. HEH


Your spies are dead and burried long time ago prolly.

1. I do post with my main
2. I never lost a titan.
3. I lost a Nyx cos mittani is a jerk and is using his CSM chairman position ( which is outside the game ) in the game to scam people.
3. I lost another Nyx trying to save my friend's titan.
3. I did replace one Nyx and bought 1 more titan and was aiming to get another 2. If they really nerf the titans, I won't buy another, of course. I will also stop most of my accounts and keep only 3-4. I have 12 now. CCP will be happy I suppose.
4. No, you can't have my stuff cos you simply don't have the skills to use most of my ships.

Regarding the Titan nerf : If it gets to that, I think would be fair for us to have the skill points back to reallocate them into something useful and the isk spent on the titans as well ( market price not production price ).


You lost the first Nyx because you're an idiot. You lost the other Nyx because you're an idiot who never realized that a triage carrier is a cheaper and more effective way to save a supercapital that is being attacked. You're an eBay moron - fyi, i can fly literally any ship you own, this is not my only character ;p

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Khadmos
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#899 - 2012-03-13 22:41:54 UTC
Acwron wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Hi everyone,

We're not happy with......



LOL You just started so very wrong ! You are not happy ?! ?!? You are supposed to be happy only if WE are happy ! Because we pay you, not the other way around ! Jesus, fire this guy, fast ! CCP Greyscale, no disrespect but please, go find a job where you could be useful.


You are so right. They should give every player a titan, that would make us all happy. Stupid CCP, has no idea how to make a game and keep player interest.
Charles Case
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#900 - 2012-03-13 22:43:07 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:


So Titans can't hit MWD drakes with the signature of carriers flying in a ball (orbiting an anchor) that is keeping range when their transversal hits zero, because geometry failed me, but your enlightening post has cleared it all up.

Thanks!

If your range from your target is maintained throughout your orbit of the anchor, your trans never hits 0.


i don't think you'll be able to get through to this one