These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Incoming titan adjustments

First post First post
Author
Machine Delta
Perkone
Caldari State
#901 - 2012-03-13 22:43:26 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
Promiscuous Female wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

2) If you had 200 bombers, and were facing 1200 guys, how do you propose you talk those 1200 guys into being somewhere bombable??


http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item.php?type_id=22778


Thats nice, why would they ever be somewhere to get bubbled?

Theres literally no need to, they come in, sit in staging tower, then cynoing in their own supers to do any heavy lifting in the system.

But hey, at least you had 200 bombers.


so you drop on the supercaps

suddenly, the 1200 guys have to leave the pos and you can then bubble them

i hope this helped you in your quest to become average at eve online


What am i dropping on them with, I can only field 200 guys and we've already had another goon suggest all 200 guys should be in bombers to hope to kill the 1200 man sub cap fleet?


I'm ok with admitting EVE is strictly about numbers now, it seems to be the CFC that has a problem with admitting thats what they want (and have achieved)



So you're saying a fleet of subcaps can't drop on a group of supercaps?
GreGh Rakrot
Strix Ridens
#902 - 2012-03-13 22:43:43 UTC
Ganthrithor wrote:
Not that I don't adore all these tears, but isn't this a little heavy-handed? I would have preferred to see a small tracking nerf (so tracking titans can't blap hictors) and the elimination of combat-refitting rather than a straight up "titans are now as horrible as dreads" hell-nerf.

I mean seriously, dropping in tracking titans and then refitting on the fly to a 50m ehp tank when you get primaried is pretty ********, but so are Titans that can't hit speed-tanking carriers and take fifteen minutes to lock a POS.

I also don't see "minor tracking nerf plus removal of in-fight re-fitting" on your list of "things we considered but opted not to do," so maybe you'd like to consider it now?

Alternatively, since Titans are now just dreads that move around, let them dock so their pilots can do things other than shoot structures on occasion.


I remember quoting Ganthrithor in the thread where they announced supercarrier changes and he was one of the few voices of reason and not the black-and-white crowd thats yelling "Burn the witch". Well here we go again quoting him again cos CCP should listen to him.

Changes to titans ? Ofc, but do it in proper way (preferably with drastic sov change mechanics).
Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
Goonswarm Federation
#903 - 2012-03-13 22:44:07 UTC
guys guys

the transversal never hits absolute 0

what is an asymptotic function and what is an approximation
Enochia Starr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#904 - 2012-03-13 22:44:16 UTC
If you remove tracking, bring back AOE Doomsday.
Rer Eirikr
The Scope
#905 - 2012-03-13 22:44:22 UTC
Acwron wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Hi everyone,

We're not happy with......



LOL You just started so very wrong ! You are not happy ?! ?!? You are supposed to be happy only if WE are happy ! Because we pay you, not the other way around ! Jesus, fire this guy, fast ! CCP Greyscale, no disrespect but please, go find a job where you could be useful.


Does me good to see Vera Cruz hasn't changed one bit.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#906 - 2012-03-13 22:45:49 UTC
Enochia Starr wrote:
If you remove tracking, bring back AOE Doomsday.


Stay in highsec

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Ganthrithor
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#907 - 2012-03-13 22:46:43 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:

Ok, so geometry is hard. But when you orbit your anchor, there are at least two points in your orbit where your transversal is ZERO and you will be hit. And yeah, your current drake doctorine is a perma-MWD drake. Unless it changed this week.

1 thing. If you orbit in a circle that maintains distance from your target that doesn't happen.



Oh, god. Go back to school. Yes, it does. TWICE in every rotation. Draw a line from your target through your anchor. Now draw a circle around your anchor. See the circle bisected by the line. TWICE.

Rotate the circle 90 degrees on the z axis so the line no longer intersects the circle. Remember, 3 dimensions. Also the 0 trans points should be close to the points farthest from where the line intersects the circle even if you do orbit in this direction. The points where the line intersects are where your trans is HIGHEST.


This thread moves so fast! I did make a handy picture for you though!

http://i.imgur.com/YGJa6.jpg
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#908 - 2012-03-13 22:47:55 UTC
Machine Delta wrote:



So you're saying a fleet of subcaps can't drop on a group of 1200 subcaps?



Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#909 - 2012-03-13 22:48:01 UTC
as a side bonus this'll also kill the 'ratting titan' trend that has been shitting up the south for some time
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#910 - 2012-03-13 22:49:32 UTC
Enochia Starr wrote:
If you remove tracking, bring back AOE Doomsday.


lol
Uggs386
Pete Top Kevin Bottom
#911 - 2012-03-13 22:49:45 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Uggs386 wrote:
Ok so now that you have "balanced" titans, can you start working on scale issues in eve.

For example one possible idea: The larger the fleet the more difficult it is to organize and control the fleet.

I feel like one of the reasons huge blobs are so powerful atm is because you only need 1 person for every 250 players who actually know how to play eve. So you can mass recruit a bunch of people who know basic eve mechanics and go own zone everything because you have a few dudes who actually know how to pvp.

So maybe change up the fleet interface controls. Make it so fleet commanders can no longer fleet warp, regroup, broadcast targets etc. Make it so that only wing commanders and squad commanders can execute those orders. This would force 5 people per a fleet of 250 actually have to know how to pvp. Anyways just am idea on how to improve the game.


You know I suggested locking speed penalties as more and more ships lock/start locking in order to simulate a LoS mechanic so smaller groups can actually do something against blobs like, two years ago. It would be a game changed for sure and the mindless blob would have to actually think and go after several targets at once instead of the 500 shoot the same guy.

Pretty sure all null power blocks wanted nothing to do with it. My question to you and anyone else: What alliances would do well in this situation and which ones would flounder?


Tbh I don't think any sov holding 0.0 alliances would do well. This includes PL even though we don't hold sov we are diluted much like those who live in 0.0. I think the ones who would do best would be smaller low sec/npc 0.0 alliances. Possibly even wh alliances, I haven't come into contact with too many wh people so don't know for sure.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#912 - 2012-03-13 22:50:08 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
What am i dropping on them with, I can only field 200 guys


You might have to open your recruitment beyond "anybody with a supercap".

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Enochia Starr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#913 - 2012-03-13 22:50:08 UTC
Andski wrote:
Enochia Starr wrote:
If you remove tracking, bring back AOE Doomsday.


Stay in highsec



LOL, look at my corp history? And I own a titan so really this doesn't effect you at all, which you probably don't even have a titan?

"oh i got killed by an avatar in my maelstrom oh noo, NERF TITANS!!!"

Only way to really counter maelstroms was the titans, good bye nullsec warfare.
Koby Botick
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#914 - 2012-03-13 22:51:02 UTC
GreGh Rakrot wrote:

Changes to titans ? Ofc, but do it in proper way (preferably with drastic sov change mechanics).


If you actually read the OP from Greyscale you will find that he said that they want to do a big overhaul, but they can't do it now.

If you read between the lines, you can read that they have to step in now with a quick fix, because abuse of tracking titans has become too widespread and can no longer be ignored.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#915 - 2012-03-13 22:52:33 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
What am i dropping on them with, I can only field 200 guys


You might have to open your recruitment beyond "anybody with a supercap".


Like I've been saying, this will be the "Numbers are all that matter" patch

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Akelorian
FinFleet
Northern Coalition.
#916 - 2012-03-13 22:52:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Akelorian
Koby Botick wrote:
GreGh Rakrot wrote:

Changes to titans ? Ofc, but do it in proper way (preferably with drastic sov change mechanics).


If you actually read the OP from Greyscale you will find that he said that they want to do a big overhaul, but they can't do it now.

If you read between the lines, you can read that they have to step in now with a quick fix, because abuse of tracking titans has become too widespread and can no longer be ignored.


Then I expect them to step in now with a quick fix for alpha maelstroms :) and a quick fix for sov mechanics, and base the fix on maelstroms with officer mods that titans don't use :)
Powers Sa
#917 - 2012-03-13 22:53:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Powers Sa
Your whole reality is based around the fantasy that PL is a bunch of space spartans.
Quote:

(5:46:58 PM) [email protected]/xmpphp:
### BROADCAST TO FATAL-ASCENSION (All) ###
New Rule on Officer/Faction Sensor Boosters:

Anyone caught selling them outside of our coalition or alliance will be considered KoS and removed ASAP.

At no point will we allow our enemies to boost their scan resolution on their new to be nerfbatted titans.
### Sent by: [CSDW] Zagdul on 03/13/12 : 22:45:51 ###

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#918 - 2012-03-13 22:53:14 UTC
Enochia Starr wrote:
Andski wrote:
Enochia Starr wrote:
If you remove tracking, bring back AOE Doomsday.


Stay in highsec



LOL, look at my corp history? And I own a titan so really this doesn't effect you at all, which you probably don't even have a titan?

"oh i got killed by an avatar in my maelstrom oh noo, NERF TITANS!!!"

Only way to really counter maelstroms was the titans, good bye nullsec warfare.


no intelligent, rational person would look at EvE and say that AoE doomsdays are needed again

how would you propose that cynojammers be destroyed? hmm?

have fun getting multiple doomsdayed

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Machine Delta
Perkone
Caldari State
#919 - 2012-03-13 22:53:14 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Machine Delta wrote:



So you're saying a fleet of subcaps can't drop on a group of 1200 subcaps?





Dodging the question.
I see how it is.
Can't come up with a response so you make a non-answer.
Keep stayin mad Grath.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#920 - 2012-03-13 22:53:16 UTC
Ganthrithor wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Swearte Widfarend wrote:

Ok, so geometry is hard. But when you orbit your anchor, there are at least two points in your orbit where your transversal is ZERO and you will be hit. And yeah, your current drake doctorine is a perma-MWD drake. Unless it changed this week.

1 thing. If you orbit in a circle that maintains distance from your target that doesn't happen.



Oh, god. Go back to school. Yes, it does. TWICE in every rotation. Draw a line from your target through your anchor. Now draw a circle around your anchor. See the circle bisected by the line. TWICE.

Rotate the circle 90 degrees on the z axis so the line no longer intersects the circle. Remember, 3 dimensions. Also the 0 trans points should be close to the points farthest from where the line intersects the circle even if you do orbit in this direction. The points where the line intersects are where your trans is HIGHEST.


This thread moves so fast! I did make a handy picture for you though!

http://i.imgur.com/YGJa6.jpg

Truly amazing.