These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM - Do you think? (... continued)

First post First post
Author
Jenshae Chiroptera
#161 - 2011-09-16 14:05:42 UTC
Slow to warm up but this forum is really tearing along now Shocked

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#162 - 2011-09-16 14:35:10 UTC
This is a bad thread and you should feel bad.
Demon Azrakel
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#163 - 2011-09-16 14:52:26 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:

1. Start your own alliance and evict some 0.0 members (can't beat em join em...)


How, pray tell, is this different from w-space? Eviction happens, fights happen, you cannot run sites behind a bubble camp and instantly know if anyone enters local. Also, w-space PvE you have to pay attention (i.e. not easily bottable).

Risk v. Reward, w-space is riskier, the only thing we are immune to is afk cloakies. You, on the other hand, can easily warp off grid before that interceptor that just entered local lands on you (especially given the time it takes to scan out that sanctum...)
Jenshae Chiroptera
#164 - 2011-09-16 16:02:10 UTC
Emperor Salazar wrote:
... you should feel bad.


Yes, I feel very, very bad! Twisted

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#165 - 2011-09-17 22:31:37 UTC
Demon Azrakel wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:

1. Start your own alliance and evict some 0.0 members (can't beat em join em...)


How, pray tell, is this different from w-space? Eviction happens, fights happen, you cannot run sites behind a bubble camp and instantly know if anyone enters local. Also, w-space PvE you have to pay attention (i.e. not easily bottable).

Risk v. Reward, w-space is riskier, the only thing we are immune to is afk cloakies. You, on the other hand, can easily warp off grid before that interceptor that just entered local lands on you (especially given the time it takes to scan out that sanctum...)


WH space is much safer! You have all your big blobs, stations and can move caps around because the gates have no limit on mass ... erm ... wait, null sec.
Nothing quite like being in a WH alone when some covert ships pop up and say "Hi" No warning in local.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#166 - 2011-09-19 13:19:07 UTC
Silent protest

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Sumos Tigerclaw
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#167 - 2011-09-19 13:34:07 UTC
Goons are like cancer to an MMO. EvE is so infected with them, its terminal.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#168 - 2011-09-19 13:41:19 UTC
Sumos Tigerclaw wrote:
Goons are like cancer to an MMO. EvE is so infected with them, its terminal.


No they're more like Lupus than cancer.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#169 - 2011-09-19 14:33:51 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Sumos Tigerclaw wrote:
Goons are like cancer to an MMO. EvE is so infected with them, its terminal.


No they're more like Lupus than cancer.


It's never Lupus.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#170 - 2011-09-19 14:44:58 UTC
It's always Lupus.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#171 - 2011-09-19 14:46:09 UTC
many bags of popcorn have been eaten whilst reading this thread ...and to be fair it`s been one of the more interesting threads of late
Delta Jax
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#172 - 2011-09-19 16:13:06 UTC
Haters, Can we get some luv in lowsec..

Twitter :  @DeltaJax

Jenshae Chiroptera
#173 - 2011-09-19 16:36:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Malcanis wrote:
It's always Lupus.[

Malcanis' Law: Any proposal justified on the basis that "it will benefit new players" is invariably to the greater advantage of older, richer players.


Responding to your sig.

Yes. When I propose things to help new players it is to help me too because I want:

  • More players,
  • The game to prosper so there are more developers to improve it
  • More people to play with
  • More people to join my group


So, when I do suggest something to help them, I really want them to succeed for the long term as that benefits us all. I have a group in another game, which has been going for five years and has two objectives

  1. Help unite the faction (not likely to happen)
  2. Help new players.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#174 - 2011-09-19 17:23:13 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Yes. When I propose things to help new players it is to help me too because I want:

  • More players,
  • The game to prosper so there are more developers to improve it
  • More people to play with
  • More people to join my group

Wow that's the same things Goons want. You should work with us.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#175 - 2011-09-19 19:00:13 UTC
Ladie Scarlet wrote:

Wow that's the same things Goons want. You should work with us.


Can we separate two things in your minds?

  1. There is Goons and what they do in game or out.
  2. There is Goons and how they have permeated all aspects of the game, creating a conflict of interest.


I have no problem with Goons in general. My problem is with the conflict of interest and thus this thread.

John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (1834–1902)
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

Charles Caleb Colton (1780 - 1832), Lacon, 1825
"It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Vak'ran
TUIG Inc.
#176 - 2011-09-19 19:07:35 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Ladie Scarlet wrote:

Wow that's the same things Goons want. You should work with us.


Can we separate two things in your minds?

  1. There is Goons and what they do in game or out.
  2. There is Goons and how they have permeated all aspects of the game, creating a conflict of interest.


I have no problem with Goons in general. My problem is with the conflict of interest and thus this thread.

John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (1834–1902)
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

Charles Caleb Colton (1780 - 1832), Lacon, 1825
"It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."


An often very true and sad thing here, though not absolutely a given.

However, there is the added problem that the people who are actually the best suited for these functions, tend to have such actual jobs, or similar, and will not be even remotely interested and/or able to spend such amounts of time and effort representing the players of a game as volunteers. What is left, is indeed an army of corruptible people.

Vak'Ran is your local unofficial non-dedicated part-time advocate of reading comprehension and proliferation of intelligence on the EVE Online Forums, offering advise and corrections of dubious quality since 2008.

Trainwreck McGee
Doomheim
#177 - 2011-09-19 19:24:18 UTC
TBH i have no ******* clue how the CSM thing works and i am glad they have no real power because everytime i read one of there posts i think THESE guys were elected??. And i doubt CCP employees will risk there jobs to help there old corps out.

Just dont nerf my C2 WH you bastards and I will be happy.



CCP Trainwreck - Weekend Custodial Engineer / CCP Necrogoats foot stool

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#178 - 2011-09-19 19:31:26 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Can we separate two things in your minds?

  1. There is Goons and what they do in game or out.
  2. There is Goons and how they have permeated all aspects of the game, creating a conflict of interest.

Well the first one seems kind of obvious and unnecessary to state but the second item is pure paranoid fantasy. Believe me if we had as much power as you think we do nullsec wouldn't have been nerfed to hell and back and supercaps never would have become the I-Win button that they are today. Unless you think we just let those things slide to cover for our real power grab...

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#179 - 2011-09-19 19:40:26 UTC
Ladie Scarlet wrote:
[
Well the first one seems kind of obvious and unnecessary to state but the second item is pure paranoid fantasy. Believe me if we had as much power as you think we do nullsec wouldn't have been nerfed to hell and back and supercaps never would have become the I-Win button that they are today. Unless you think we just let those things slide to cover for our real power grab...


Conflict of interest does not mean that anything corrupt has happened yet. It is the potential for those things to happen.

{Side note: How are you posting with a character that doesn't exist?}

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#180 - 2011-09-19 21:55:59 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
{Side note: How are you posting with a character that doesn't exist?}

goonhax

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.