These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New Goon vcode requirement - hacked accounts to ensue - will anybody be surprised?

First post
Author
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2012-01-28 19:12:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
scooter Kondur wrote:
You are wrong....read the site


ALSO still looking for answer as to why goons wants complete asset list

I can assure you that I am right.

All that this caching proxy does is give me the old data again instead of returning a "try again in x hours" notice after the first try.

That's really useful when you have multiple applications that need to access an API page with long cache style (actually used a self-hosted API proxy for that reason when I still did trading) but it doesn't help at all with real-time tracking.

You can get fresh data once every 6 hours.

You are pushing the button to get the 0-6 hours old data again and again and again.... and tell yourself that the data you received is new and real-time. Roll

But if you want to, go ahead and post a thread in technology lab - should clear the issue up fairly quickly.

.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#42 - 2012-01-28 19:12:15 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
You are wrong....read the site


ALSO still looking for answer as to why goons wants complete asset list


We don't require members or allies to register for comms with their main characters. If anyone wants to use an alt on a different account, they're free to do so.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#43 - 2012-01-28 19:13:35 UTC
I have been part of a lot of alliances no one else has asked for complete asset list.

There is no good reason anyone needs to see complete asset list.


PLEASE PROVIDE GOOD ANSWER AS TO WHY COMPLETE ASSET LIST IS REQUIRED....STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#44 - 2012-01-28 19:15:35 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
I have been part of a lot of alliances no one else has asked for complete asset list.

There is no good reason anyone needs to see complete asset list.


PLEASE PROVIDE GOOD ANSWER AS TO WHY COMPLETE ASSET LIST IS REQUIRED....STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT


Why the hell do you care? You're not in GSF or the CFC.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#45 - 2012-01-28 19:15:52 UTC
Andski wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
You are wrong....read the site


ALSO still looking for answer as to why goons wants complete asset list


We don't require members or allies to register for comms with their main characters. If anyone wants to use an alt on a different account, they're free to do so.



this is a nonsense answer and is shady at best
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#46 - 2012-01-28 19:16:49 UTC
Andski wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
I have been part of a lot of alliances no one else has asked for complete asset list.

There is no good reason anyone needs to see complete asset list.


PLEASE PROVIDE GOOD ANSWER AS TO WHY COMPLETE ASSET LIST IS REQUIRED....STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT


Why the hell do you care? You're not in GSF or the CFC.


Carebears care...please stop trying to change subject...


and I am in the CFC what now?

Please provide valid reason why goons need complete list of my assets
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#47 - 2012-01-28 19:17:55 UTC
okay, if you're in the CFC just drop corp, nobody wants your pubbie ass around

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#48 - 2012-01-28 19:19:02 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
I have been part of a lot of alliances no one else has asked for complete asset list.
Good for you. That doesn't change the fact that there are quite a few who's asking for it.
Quote:
There is no good reason anyone needs to see complete asset list.
Sure there is. Your reluctance to give it up, alone, is a compelling reason.
Quote:
PLEASE PROVIDE GOOD ANSWER AS TO WHY COMPLETE ASSET LIST IS REQUIRED.
For the same reason as everyone else. Oh, and as noted, it's not required in any meaningful way.
Quote:
Carebears care
That doesn't really answer the question: why do you care?
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#49 - 2012-01-28 19:20:08 UTC
lulz....

Please provide answer as to why goons needs anyones complete asset list...also please provide answer as to why resorting to grade school shaming techniques
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#50 - 2012-01-28 19:22:40 UTC  |  Edited by: scooter Kondur
there is no reason you should be asking the question. you dont need to know where my set of alliance tourney ships are sitting...you dont need to know where my jump freighter full of stuff is...you dont need to know my ship fitting....i have never been part of any alliance that has wanted complete asset list...stop trying to change subject


please provide valid reason why you need to know list of all my assets...


if this is no big deal and you dont need it then why do you keep asking for it....


alliance do not need to know my assets

totally shady
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#51 - 2012-01-28 19:25:16 UTC
One I can think of off the top of my head is to track theft and/or corp sponsored production.

Not that it really matters. The only relevant point in this conversation is this.

Some alliances ask for this, others don't. That is their business and no one else's... it's their corp/alliance.

If you don't like it, don't join. Pretty simple.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#52 - 2012-01-28 19:25:18 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Please provide answer as to why goons needs anyones complete asset list.
Done.
Quote:
there is no reason you should be asking the question. you dont need to know where my set of alliance tourney ships are sitting...you dont need to know where my jump freighter full of stuff is...you dont need to know my ship fitting.
Sure there is. Perhaps not if you have such irrelevant assets, but how will they know without checking?
Quote:
i have never been part of any alliance that has wanted complete asset list.
Irrelevant.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#53 - 2012-01-28 19:27:00 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
I have seen these sort of thing happen in the former northern coalition...round up all the noobs with more isk then brains...and one by one all their accounts get hacked....so reality right now? no.... but experience can see where this is going...


Oh, before I forget... no you didn't. Blink

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Finanche
The Grey Eagles
#54 - 2012-01-28 19:28:40 UTC
Oh my, you are quite the worry. As a recruiter I always get a full account wide API. Perhaps when you were joining you pubbie corps this was not an issue you came across but in larger more established corps it is the first port of call to checking the ligitamacy of a candidate.

"We require your full API Because...." -It allows us to see everything across your account spai.
"We require your full API Because...." - It is an immediate indicator if a candidate has somthing to hide.
"We require your full API Because...." - It allows us to see that your main income comes from ratting etc etc.
"We require your full API Because...." - It enalbes us to see that you are as wealthy as you have stated.
"We require your full API Because...." - ... You get the picture.

As someone who has provided this information to goons and who is likely far more wealthy than you will ever be in EVE as it appears your terrible at eve, I say this is not an issue at all.

If you want to be part of a major alliance, and it does not require you full API. Then I doubt you will find what your looking for.
Lastly, it does not help someone to hack your account, and you have also been drinking too much and should probably stop listening to Alex Jones paranoia.

PS I am also terrible at EVE, but even I can see the sense in a Full, never expires API.

Regards
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#55 - 2012-01-28 19:28:44 UTC
You do know the things you have are liabilities right?

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Prince Kobol
#56 - 2012-01-28 19:29:17 UTC
Why do you give a **** what the goons do.

The goons can do whatever the hell they like in their within their own alliance. It does not effect you in anyway unless you are one of those persons who is required to give their full API is unhappy about it but too scared to speak up on your main.

Either way get a grip

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#57 - 2012-01-28 19:29:52 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
I have seen these sort of thing happen in the former northern coalition...round up all the noobs with more isk then brains...and one by one all their accounts get hacked....so reality right now? no.... but experience can see where this is going...


Oh, before I forget... no you didn't. Blink



Oh goons...please stop trying to to change the subject....no answer has been given...


Corp theft is not valid reason...other corps do it is not valid...and because i said so is not a valid reason...

these are all childish reasons at best....please try again
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#58 - 2012-01-28 19:30:44 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Why do you give a **** what the goons do.

The goons can do whatever the hell they like in their within their own alliance. It does not effect you in anyway unless you are one of those persons who is required to give their full API is unhappy about it but too scared to speak up on your main.

Either way get a grip




Hacking accounts or selling the information to someone who will hack the account is a valid inter alliance tactic?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#59 - 2012-01-28 19:30:52 UTC
Finanche wrote:

"We require your full API Because...." - ... Shut up and comply, this is a dictatorship, comply or get out

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Glarealot
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2012-01-28 19:30:58 UTC
Andski wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Why do goons need to see anyone's assets? Have yet to hear an answer that makes any sense.


why do you care


Wait, that's your answer? 0_o I was waiting for you to bust out with some super reasonable response to put him in his place... instead you've just been acting super shady about the whole thing.

I used to hear some terribad rumors about goons back in my NC days. Surely you guys don't actually set up ambushes using alts for plex haulers in your own alliance... do you? >_>

.