These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New Goon vcode requirement - hacked accounts to ensue - will anybody be surprised?

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#81 - 2012-01-28 19:47:33 UTC
Also, yoink.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#82 - 2012-01-28 19:47:52 UTC
Messoroz wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
These are not fantasies...I do not believe in luck only calculated risk.....basically goons are at best gathering info to stack the deck in their favour at worst participating in account hacking


Why are you even trying to push this silly propoganda? You sound like a complete idiot with complete lack of knowledge of how anything works. You can't hack an account using the API, and you can't hack an account without having the actual username(which the API never reveals) and running a brute force attack for the next year which will get you blacklisted from the eve servers in the first 10 minutes.



You are an idiot...you use api to find who is worth the time and effort to hack...there are many methods available once you find the target...just because you dont know them doesnt mean they dont exist
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#83 - 2012-01-28 19:47:58 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Andski wrote:
the reason we require asset access is so that worthless idiots like you would post dumb threads about it


mission accomplished...another childish reason to demand asset api info.....as are all the other corp theft is not valid...assuming guilt before theft even happens...give me a break...childish....my house my rules? i think not im not 15....

There has yet to be a good reason why anyone needs to see your complete list of assets


Their reason could be that it allows them to admire your choice in Nex wear, and if that is sufficient for themselves and their membership that is more than good enough. What you personally consider a good reason is completely irrelevant.


Again because daddy said so is not an answer....why does daddy say so is the reason we are looking for.....


Frankly, it's none of your business... although out of courtesy others have attempted to educate you. Emphasis on attempted.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#84 - 2012-01-28 19:48:46 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Andski wrote:
the reason we require asset access is so that worthless idiots like you would post dumb threads about it


mission accomplished...another childish reason to demand asset api info.....as are all the other corp theft is not valid...assuming guilt before theft even happens...give me a break...childish....my house my rules? i think not im not 15....

There has yet to be a good reason why anyone needs to see your complete list of assets


Their reason could be that it allows them to admire your choice in Nex wear, and if that is sufficient for themselves and their membership that is more than good enough. What you personally consider a good reason is completely irrelevant.


Again because daddy said so is not an answer....why does daddy say so is the reason we are looking for.....


Frankly, it's none of your business... although out of courtesy others have attempted to educate you. Emphasis on attempted.



LOL it is none of my business why someone wants to see my asset list....huh?
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#85 - 2012-01-28 19:49:44 UTC
You want the truth, buddy? I'll lay it on you.

The reason why Goonswarm wants this information is shut up and comply, this alliance has never been a democracy. You either do what Solo Drakban requests of you or you get out because Solo controls the forums and if you do not understand why that is the most important thing then you don't need to be in Goonswarm. I am sure there are reasons with regards to game mechanics or with regards to an evil conspiracy regarding the reptilian shadow government and the Illuminati mind control lasers, but all of that is fluff. You do it because Solo Drakban put out a broadcast, and you do what Solo Drakban says to do or you find yourself a different Alliance.

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#86 - 2012-01-28 19:49:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Messoroz
scooter Kondur wrote:
Messoroz wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
These are not fantasies...I do not believe in luck only calculated risk.....basically goons are at best gathering info to stack the deck in their favour at worst participating in account hacking


Why are you even trying to push this silly propoganda? You sound like a complete idiot with complete lack of knowledge of how anything works. You can't hack an account using the API, and you can't hack an account without having the actual username(which the API never reveals) and running a brute force attack for the next year which will get you blacklisted from the eve servers in the first 10 minutes.



You are an idiot...you use api to find who is worth the time and effort to hack...there are many methods available once you find the target...just because you dont know them doesnt mean they dont exist



Right, so you can spam them with evemails linking to phishing links, these evemails exist ingame, if you get hacked afterwards, you petition and said attackers will be permabanned and erased from the game.

You can also spam their actual email accounts with phishing junk but you need to first get their email address, then if they are truely ******** you get them. They can still petition and get their account restored.

You can somehow infect them with a virus via email or something silly, again, single petition and the GMs FIX IT.

You can bruteforce their account password and somehow not get banned by the firewalls, again the GMs will hammer time the account.

If they use the account access to spy instead guess what! EVE records all access IPs and locations that you can see from account management.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#87 - 2012-01-28 19:51:09 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
You want the truth, buddy? I'll lay it on you.

The reason why Goonswarm wants this information is shut up and comply, this alliance has never been a democracy. You either do what Solo Drakban requests of you or you get out because Solo controls the forums and if you do not understand why that is the most important thing then you don't need to be in Goonswarm. I am sure there are reasons with regards to game mechanics or with regards to an evil conspiracy regarding the reptilian shadow government and the Illuminati mind control lasers, but all of that is fluff. You do it because Solo Drakban put out a broadcast, and you do what Solo Drakban says to do or you find yourself a different Alliance.



still not valid answer...because daddy says so is not valid answer
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#88 - 2012-01-28 19:51:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
scooter Kondur wrote:
You are an idiot...you use api to find who is worth the time and effort to hack...there are many methods available once you find the target...just because you dont know them doesnt mean they dont exist

So prove it rather than spout what can only be described as hysterical nonsense.
So far, pretty much everything you've said has been trivially proven false. Care to improve on that statistic?
Quote:
LOL it is none of my business why someone wants to see my asset list....huh?
Yup. What they want is entirely irrelevant — what matters is whether or not you want to go along.
Quote:
still not valid answer.
Try arguing your case instead of making unfounded categorical statements.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#89 - 2012-01-28 19:52:11 UTC  |  Edited by: scooter Kondur
Messoroz wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Messoroz wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
These are not fantasies...I do not believe in luck only calculated risk.....basically goons are at best gathering info to stack the deck in their favour at worst participating in account hacking


Why are you even trying to push this silly propoganda? You sound like a complete idiot with complete lack of knowledge of how anything works. You can't hack an account using the API, and you can't hack an account without having the actual username(which the API never reveals) and running a brute force attack for the next year which will get you blacklisted from the eve servers in the first 10 minutes.



You are an idiot...you use api to find who is worth the time and effort to hack...there are many methods available once you find the target...just because you dont know them doesnt mean they dont exist



Right, so you can spam them with evemails linking to phishing links, these evemails exist ingame, if you get hacked afterwards, you petition and said attackers will be permabanned and erased from the game.

You can also spam their actual email accounts with phishing junk but you need to first get their email address, then if they are truely ******** you get them. They can still petition and get their account restored.

You can somehow infect them with a virus via email or something silly, again, single petition and the GMs FIX IT.

You can bruteforce their account password and somehow not get banned by the firewalls, again the GMs will hammer time the account.

If they use the account access to spy instead guess what! EVE records all access IPs and locations that you can see from account management.



Your 100 billion of assets gets sold for 5 billion...guess what you get back...5 billion...it is called asset laundering.....
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#90 - 2012-01-28 19:53:04 UTC
Tippia wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
You are an idiot...you use api to find who is worth the time and effort to hack...there are many methods available once you find the target...just because you dont know them doesnt mean they dont exist

So prove it rather than spout what can only be described as hysterical nonsense.
So far, pretty much everything you've said has been trivially proven false. Care to improve on that statistic?
Quote:
LOL it is none of my business why someone wants to see my asset list....huh?
Yup. What they want is entirely irrelevant — what matters is whether or not you want to go along.


you havent added anything to the discussion of relevance so nothing to disprove...only answer so far is because i said so...that is not a valid answer
Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#91 - 2012-01-28 19:53:19 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
You want the truth, buddy? I'll lay it on you.

The reason why Goonswarm wants this information is shut up and comply, this alliance has never been a democracy. You either do what Solo Drakban requests of you or you get out because Solo controls the forums and if you do not understand why that is the most important thing then you don't need to be in Goonswarm. I am sure there are reasons with regards to game mechanics or with regards to an evil conspiracy regarding the reptilian shadow government and the Illuminati mind control lasers, but all of that is fluff. You do it because Solo Drakban put out a broadcast, and you do what Solo Drakban says to do or you find yourself a different Alliance.



still not valid answer...because daddy says so is not valid answer

Actually it is a valid answer. Solo Drakban is basically the lifeblood of the GoonSwarm Federation. Don't want to do what he says? Get bent.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#92 - 2012-01-28 19:53:36 UTC
A corp/alliance doesn't need a reason for requiring full API info. Its their policy, they can have it as they like it.

While you look for a "good" reason (which btw is too subjective, I feel countering corp theft is a perfect reason), they continue as they always have.
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#93 - 2012-01-28 19:54:05 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Messoroz wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Messoroz wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
These are not fantasies...I do not believe in luck only calculated risk.....basically goons are at best gathering info to stack the deck in their favour at worst participating in account hacking


Why are you even trying to push this silly propoganda? You sound like a complete idiot with complete lack of knowledge of how anything works. You can't hack an account using the API, and you can't hack an account without having the actual username(which the API never reveals) and running a brute force attack for the next year which will get you blacklisted from the eve servers in the first 10 minutes.



You are an idiot...you use api to find who is worth the time and effort to hack...there are many methods available once you find the target...just because you dont know them doesnt mean they dont exist



Right, so you can spam them with evemails linking to phishing links, these evemails exist ingame, if you get hacked afterwards, you petition and said attackers will be permabanned and erased from the game.

You can also spam their actual email accounts with phishing junk but you need to first get their email address, then if they are truely ******** you get them. They can still petition and get their account restored.

You can somehow infect them with a virus via email or something silly, again, single petition and the GMs FIX IT.

You can bruteforce their account password and somehow not get banned by the firewalls, again the GMs will hammer time the account.

If they use the account access to spy instead guess what! EVE records all access IPs and locations that you can see from account management.



Your 100 billion of assets gets sold for 5 billion...guess what you get back...5 billion...it is called asset laundering.....


If you have 100billion of assets that isn't locked down in an alt corp, you are doing it wrong.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#94 - 2012-01-28 19:54:12 UTC
Karadion wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
You want the truth, buddy? I'll lay it on you.

The reason why Goonswarm wants this information is shut up and comply, this alliance has never been a democracy. You either do what Solo Drakban requests of you or you get out because Solo controls the forums and if you do not understand why that is the most important thing then you don't need to be in Goonswarm. I am sure there are reasons with regards to game mechanics or with regards to an evil conspiracy regarding the reptilian shadow government and the Illuminati mind control lasers, but all of that is fluff. You do it because Solo Drakban put out a broadcast, and you do what Solo Drakban says to do or you find yourself a different Alliance.



still not valid answer...because daddy says so is not valid answer

Actually it is a valid answer. Solo Drakban is basically the lifeblood of the GoonSwarm Federation. Don't want to do what he says? Get bent.



not a valid answer...luring noobs into your van with promises of sweet candy is punishable under the law
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#95 - 2012-01-28 19:55:06 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
You want the truth, buddy? I'll lay it on you.

The reason why Goonswarm wants this information is shut up and comply, this alliance has never been a democracy. You either do what Solo Drakban requests of you or you get out because Solo controls the forums and if you do not understand why that is the most important thing then you don't need to be in Goonswarm. I am sure there are reasons with regards to game mechanics or with regards to an evil conspiracy regarding the reptilian shadow government and the Illuminati mind control lasers, but all of that is fluff. You do it because Solo Drakban put out a broadcast, and you do what Solo Drakban says to do or you find yourself a different Alliance.



still not valid answer...because daddy says so is not valid answer

It is the only answer that matters, whether you think it valid or not. This is not a democratic debate. This is an authoritarian regime telling you to put up or shut up. If you don't put up, you'll be forcibly shut up. Those are your options.

Deal with it.

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#96 - 2012-01-28 19:55:18 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
A corp/alliance doesn't need a reason for requiring full API info. Its their policy, they can have it as they like it.

While you look for a "good" reason (which btw is too subjective, I feel countering corp theft is a perfect reason), they continue as they always have.



if you leave assets you just stole on an alt....you are doing it wrong
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#97 - 2012-01-28 19:55:24 UTC
You have to admit, this isn't a bad troll, although the incessant repeating of points already proven wrong was a bit overly repetitive. He almost blew it when he started lying about NC policies, claimed to have never been in an alliance that asked for such information, while alluding that he indeed has/is in such an alliance.

Needs a bit of polish. 3/10

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#98 - 2012-01-28 19:55:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
scooter Kondur wrote:
you havent added anything to the discussion of relevance so nothing to disprove...only answer so far is because i said so...that is not a valid answer
Ok. So just because you say it isn't a valid answer doesn't make it an invalid answer.

See how that works? According to you, your dismissal of the argument is invalid. How about you provide a valid answer instead?

Argue your case instead of spewing nonsense.
Explain why it's not valid.
Prove your case.

So far, everything you've said has been entirely false.
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#99 - 2012-01-28 19:55:52 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
You want the truth, buddy? I'll lay it on you.

The reason why Goonswarm wants this information is shut up and comply, this alliance has never been a democracy. You either do what Solo Drakban requests of you or you get out because Solo controls the forums and if you do not understand why that is the most important thing then you don't need to be in Goonswarm. I am sure there are reasons with regards to game mechanics or with regards to an evil conspiracy regarding the reptilian shadow government and the Illuminati mind control lasers, but all of that is fluff. You do it because Solo Drakban put out a broadcast, and you do what Solo Drakban says to do or you find yourself a different Alliance.



still not valid answer...because daddy says so is not valid answer

It is the only answer that matters, whether you think it valid or not. This is not a democratic debate. This is an authoritarian regime telling you to put up or shut up. If you don't put up, you'll be forcibly shut up. Those are your options.

Deal with it.


There's a 99.78% chance you will find out the OP has been laundering tech goo from a secret tech moon.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#100 - 2012-01-28 19:56:50 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
You want the truth, buddy? I'll lay it on you.

The reason why Goonswarm wants this information is shut up and comply, this alliance has never been a democracy. You either do what Solo Drakban requests of you or you get out because Solo controls the forums and if you do not understand why that is the most important thing then you don't need to be in Goonswarm. I am sure there are reasons with regards to game mechanics or with regards to an evil conspiracy regarding the reptilian shadow government and the Illuminati mind control lasers, but all of that is fluff. You do it because Solo Drakban put out a broadcast, and you do what Solo Drakban says to do or you find yourself a different Alliance.



still not valid answer...because daddy says so is not valid answer

It is the only answer that matters, whether you think it valid or not. This is not a democratic debate. This is an authoritarian regime telling you to put up or shut up. If you don't put up, you'll be forcibly shut up. Those are your options.

Deal with it.


You can not silence truth seekers...kkeep trying....why does daddy want to see my assets?