These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New Goon vcode requirement - hacked accounts to ensue - will anybody be surprised?

First post
Author
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#61 - 2012-01-28 19:31:32 UTC
Andski wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
No in order to join GSF coms you need to provide all this information. And anyways only reason to know complete asset list is to probe out the big fish and hack their account...or gank them...you know that there are sites where once you have the API you can see where assets are in real time?


what do they put in the water these days? goddamn


There are a whole lot of members in goons. You don't think there is a hacker in there somewhere. And yes, the API can be used to verify assets and potential targets; and Teamspeak and Ventrilo can provide means to hack a players system afterwords. Pretty sure I've had it happen a few times.

Also, there doesn't have to be anything in the water. You're playing a game where nobody can trust anybody, and Goonswarm happens to be on the top of the list of those not to trust. If you can't trust someone in game, why would you trust them in real life?
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Prince Kobol
#62 - 2012-01-28 19:32:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
scooter Kondur wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Why do you give a **** what the goons do.

The goons can do whatever the hell they like in their within their own alliance. It does not effect you in anyway unless you are one of those persons who is required to give their full API is unhappy about it but too scared to speak up on your main.

Either way get a grip




Hacking accounts or selling the information to someone who will hack the account is a valid inter alliance tactic?


???


So are you saying that you are one of those people who is directly effected by this but is to scared to talk to somebody about it in the alliance so you have come to the forum to ***** and moan about it?
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#63 - 2012-01-28 19:32:55 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
I have seen these sort of thing happen in the former northern coalition...round up all the noobs with more isk then brains...and one by one all their accounts get hacked....so reality right now? no.... but experience can see where this is going...


Oh, before I forget... no you didn't. Blink



Oh goons...please stop trying to to change the subject....no answer has been given...


Corp theft is not valid reason...other corps do it is not valid...and because i said so is not a valid reason...

these are all childish reasons at best....please try again


And thus endeth the thread..... Big smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Glarealot
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2012-01-28 19:33:46 UTC
Mars Theran wrote:
Andski wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
No in order to join GSF coms you need to provide all this information. And anyways only reason to know complete asset list is to probe out the big fish and hack their account...or gank them...you know that there are sites where once you have the API you can see where assets are in real time?


what do they put in the water these days? goddamn


There are a whole lot of members in goons. You don't think there is a hacker in there somewhere. And yes, the API can be used to verify assets and potential targets; and Teamspeak and Ventrilo can provide means to hack a players system afterwords. Pretty sure I've had it happen a few times.

Also, there doesn't have to be anything in the water. You're playing a game where nobody can trust anybody, and Goonswarm happens to be on the top of the list of those not to trust. If you can't trust someone in game, why would you trust them in real life?


Posting on this forum also provides a means to hack a player's system. Doesn't mean it will ever happen. Unless you get unlucky and have some hollywood CSI criminal superhacker that can somehow hook his computer to his brain and will it to do what otherwise should be virtually impossible. Then, sure... it could happen I guess.

.

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#65 - 2012-01-28 19:34:42 UTC
Tippia wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
You are wrong....read the site
Ok.
“The above URL gives you output that is exactly what CCP gives you”

I.e. subject to the 6h cache. Not real-time.
Quote:
ALSO still looking for answer as to why goons wants complete asset list
You've already been given it: for the same reason everyone else asks for it.



6h stand corrected....but 6 hours is still enough...generally most ppl dont update assets ever so meh..close enough to real time....

anyways still changing subject here


....looking for reasons that anyone would need to see my asset list that dont insult my intelligence.....
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#66 - 2012-01-28 19:35:09 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Oh goons...please stop trying to to change the subject....no answer has been given...
Plenty have been given, but none of them align with your silly ramblings because they are just that: silly ramblings (with exactly zero connection to reality).
Quote:
Corp theft is not valid reason.
Don't be silly — of course it is.
Quote:
other corps do it is not valid.
Sure it is — it proves your assertions wrong, for one.
Quote:
Hacking accounts or selling the information to someone who will hack the account is a valid inter alliance tactic?
Good thing no-one is doing that, then, since the API doesn't let you.
Glarealot wrote:
Wait, that's your answer?
He's probably hoping the OP will admit to selling supers to the enemy. Blink
Prince Kobol
#67 - 2012-01-28 19:35:35 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Tippia wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
You are wrong....read the site
Ok.
“The above URL gives you output that is exactly what CCP gives you”

I.e. subject to the 6h cache. Not real-time.
Quote:
ALSO still looking for answer as to why goons wants complete asset list
You've already been given it: for the same reason everyone else asks for it.



6h stand corrected....but 6 hours is still enough...generally most ppl dont update assets ever so meh..close enough to real time....

anyways still changing subject here


....looking for reasons that anyone would need to see my asset list that dont insult my intelligence.....


You have yet to answer my own question.

Does this directly effects you?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#68 - 2012-01-28 19:36:29 UTC
the reason we require asset access is so that worthless idiots like you would post dumb threads about it

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#69 - 2012-01-28 19:38:45 UTC
Account hacking is a bad thing and effects everyone....no one should be taking that subject lightly...as it seems all the goons and alts seem to be doing....


if you are heading an alliance you should be beyond reproach on this subject...as caretakers..or even gankers...you should not be adopting a policy that is so obviously suspect to account hacking...find some other way to gank your noobs that doesnt look so suspect....

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#70 - 2012-01-28 19:39:03 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Tippia wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
You are wrong....read the site
Ok.
“The above URL gives you output that is exactly what CCP gives you”

I.e. subject to the 6h cache. Not real-time.
Quote:
ALSO still looking for answer as to why goons wants complete asset list
You've already been given it: for the same reason everyone else asks for it.



6h stand corrected....but 6 hours is still enough...generally most ppl dont update assets ever so meh..close enough to real time....

anyways still changing subject here


....looking for reasons that anyone would need to see my asset list that dont insult my intelligence.....


No, you are looking for someone to agree with you... and anyone that has ever been in corp or alliance leadership understands that corp/alliance security is very shaky in EVE (likely by design).

It's not a question of whether you can trust a given corp or alliance (if you don't, don't join)... rather it's a question of whether or not they can trust YOU. They are fully justified in using whatever means at their disposal to try and weed out liars, corp thieves, slackers, leaches, and spies.

They have thousands of people to keep an eye on, but you only have one thing on your plate... do you want to join them or not.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#71 - 2012-01-28 19:40:39 UTC
Andski wrote:
the reason we require asset access is so that worthless idiots like you would post dumb threads about it


mission accomplished...another childish reason to demand asset api info.....as are all the other corp theft is not valid...assuming guilt before theft even happens...give me a break...childish....my house my rules? i think not im not 15....

There has yet to be a good reason why anyone needs to see your complete list of assets
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#72 - 2012-01-28 19:41:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
scooter Kondur wrote:
Account hacking is a bad thing and effects everyone....no one should be taking that subject lightly...as it seems all the goons and alts seem to be doing....
The only one taking it less than seriously is you, with your wild fantasies about how it is done.

Quote:
if you are heading an alliance you should be beyond reproach on this subject...as caretakers..or even gankers...you should not be adopting a policy that is so obviously suspect to account hacking.
Good thing it doesn't do that, then.

Quote:
corp theft is not valid
Categorical statement is categorically false. Of course it's valid.
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#73 - 2012-01-28 19:42:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Messoroz
Confirming the OP is going to be purged executed by doomsday from goonfleet the moment they find out who his main is.


If you do not like the API access requirements of goon fleet, then leave it, stop whining on forums that nobody important in goons actually reads. Try kugu for that or actually evemailing your corp directors and such, yadda yadda. Posting on these forums does nothing but show how silly you are to everyone and how you feel like being a special snowflake in an alliance.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#74 - 2012-01-28 19:42:32 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Tippia wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
You are wrong....read the site
Ok.
“The above URL gives you output that is exactly what CCP gives you”

I.e. subject to the 6h cache. Not real-time.
Quote:
ALSO still looking for answer as to why goons wants complete asset list
You've already been given it: for the same reason everyone else asks for it.



6h stand corrected....but 6 hours is still enough...generally most ppl dont update assets ever so meh..close enough to real time....

anyways still changing subject here


....looking for reasons that anyone would need to see my asset list that dont insult my intelligence.....


No, you are looking for someone to agree with you... and anyone that has ever been in corp or alliance leadership understands that corp/alliance security is very shaky in EVE (likely by design).

It's not a question of whether you can trust a given corp or alliance (if you don't, don't join)... rather it's a question of whether or not they can trust YOU. They are fully justified in using whatever means at their disposal to try and weed out liars, corp thieves, slackers, leaches, and spies.

They have thousands of people to keep an eye on, but you only have one thing on your plate... do you want to join them or not.



You make babysitting on the internet seemlike a chore....all of this is automated...once you have api you run check see who biggest fish are...you know who has what and who has what worth taking.....


next scenario is the ganker with your api...runs check...know your ship fitting and what you are carrying....they know your skill queue andd can easily eft your fit to see what you are capable of....very easy and very scary
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#75 - 2012-01-28 19:43:27 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Andski wrote:
the reason we require asset access is so that worthless idiots like you would post dumb threads about it


mission accomplished...another childish reason to demand asset api info.....as are all the other corp theft is not valid...assuming guilt before theft even happens...give me a break...childish....my house my rules? i think not im not 15....

There has yet to be a good reason why anyone needs to see your complete list of assets


Their reason could be that it allows them to admire your choice in Nex wear, and if that is sufficient for themselves and their membership that is more than good enough. What you personally consider a good reason is completely irrelevant.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#76 - 2012-01-28 19:43:51 UTC
These are not fantasies...I do not believe in luck only calculated risk.....basically goons are at best gathering info to stack the deck in their favour at worst participating in account hacking
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#77 - 2012-01-28 19:44:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
scooter Kondur wrote:
You make babysitting on the internet seemlike a chore....all of this is automated.
So you understand, then, why they want your API and why it has nothing to do with picking targets?
Quote:
next scenario is the ganker with your api...runs check...know your ship fitting and what you are carrying
…and finds nothing since the information is not real-time.
Quote:
very easy and very scary
No. Just paranoid (but I suppose that's scary too, in a way).
Quote:
These are not fantasies
Excellent. Then you can go ahead and prove it.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#78 - 2012-01-28 19:45:10 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Andski wrote:
the reason we require asset access is so that worthless idiots like you would post dumb threads about it


mission accomplished...another childish reason to demand asset api info.....as are all the other corp theft is not valid...assuming guilt before theft even happens...give me a break...childish....my house my rules? i think not im not 15....

There has yet to be a good reason why anyone needs to see your complete list of assets


Their reason could be that it allows them to admire your choice in Nex wear, and if that is sufficient for themselves and their membership that is more than good enough. What you personally consider a good reason is completely irrelevant.


Again because daddy said so is not an answer....why does daddy say so is the reason we are looking for.....
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#79 - 2012-01-28 19:46:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Messoroz
scooter Kondur wrote:
These are not fantasies...I do not believe in luck only calculated risk.....basically goons are at best gathering info to stack the deck in their favour at worst participating in account hacking


Why are you even trying to push this silly propoganda? You sound like a complete idiot with complete lack of knowledge of how anything works. You can't hack an account using the API, and you can't hack an account without having the actual username(which the API never reveals) and running a brute force attack for the next year which will get you blacklisted from the eve servers in the first 10 minutes.

Want to know what my corp requires or any major wormhole space entity? FULL API, EVERYTHING, if your entire API access is not enabled, you will never get into any such entity in wormhole space and they are just as capable as goons if they wanted to "1337 hax" like you dare imagine.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#80 - 2012-01-28 19:46:18 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Again because daddy said so is not an answer.
It is as long as you live under his roof.
Don't want to do as he says? Stop living there.