These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[June] Nullsec Asteroid Cluster and Excavator Drone changes

First post First post
Author
SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#681 - 2017-06-14 23:52:22 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:

Let me get this straight...people are upset because they spent RL money accelerating their training on a ship that you indicate was known to be unbalanced...and when CCP about faces people should be upset.

Here is an idea: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Stop chasing the latest fad and go with what works.

An anecdote on this particular note:

This morning, in Slack, one of my corpmates was pitching a fit.

You see, he is sick of having his Rorquals nerfed. He has... had... two. So, he has decided to sell his rorquals and remap his SP for super-ratting.

Because that makes sense, if you're sick of being nerfed. Lol

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#682 - 2017-06-14 23:53:52 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:

Let me get this straight...people are upset because they spent RL money accelerating their training on a ship that you indicate was known to be unbalanced...and when CCP about faces people should be upset.

Here is an idea: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Stop chasing the latest fad and go with what works.

You see, he is sick of having his Rorquals nerfed. He has... had... two. So, he has decided to sell his rorquals and remap his SP for super-ratting.

Did you show him the thread for nerfing supers? And did you tell him if that doesn't work, he'll likely face a second round of nerfs or more?

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#683 - 2017-06-15 00:14:44 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:

Did you show him the thread for nerfing supers? And did you tell him if that doesn't work, he'll likely face a second round of nerfs or more?

Of course.

There is no reasoning with the compulsion to chase the BIG THING, though.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#684 - 2017-06-15 04:31:09 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:

Of course.

No kidding. I tried that once with the nano HACs. After that I moved to NS and it was "Train t2 large guns". So I spent forever training T2 large guns and different racial BS. After awhile I just didn't even care what the flavor of the month was.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

Ian Hestia
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#685 - 2017-06-15 13:27:56 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Terminal Insanity wrote:
im pretty sure the only thing ccp took into account with the nerfs is how many new mining accounts youll open up to maintain the same isk level that your single rorqual could have mined.

this is just about forcing people to multibox more

So if your employer cuts your pay, you work 2x the number of hours right?

"So if your employer cuts your pay, you work 2x the number of hours right?] LOL
badside
Dauphin Enterprises Inc.
#686 - 2017-06-15 16:01:21 UTC
Let's all sell our fancy ships overpriced ships, all turn into Alphas and fly Caracals. Seriously, every time they nerf something I am just going to sell it. Yep, I might end up in a Caracal, until they eventually nerf that one too.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#687 - 2017-06-15 16:06:16 UTC
badside wrote:
Let's all sell our fancy ships overpriced ships, all turn into Alphas and fly Caracals. Seriously, every time they nerf something I am just going to sell it. Yep, I might end up in a Caracal, until they eventually nerf that one too.

Somebody needs a nap. Roll

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#688 - 2017-06-15 16:21:40 UTC
badside wrote:

Isn't CCP going to do just this with the coming RLML balance pass?

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Eligh Douglas
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#689 - 2017-06-15 21:22:03 UTC
CCP you have just made my play time almost impossible. Now with the asteroid anomoly respawn timer changes, when I get to sit down and play eve the colossal has been mined out and by the time its due to come back my few hours of eve a night is over.

Not everyone has so much time in a day to mine constantly. You really expect me to spend my whole play time looking for a system that has a colossal? Yes I could goto the other sizes, but as its safer to mine in big groups where you can get a response group, once the colossal is depleted most rorqual pilots log or go so something else while they wait for a new colossal to spawn.

I'm sick of the bloody Rorqual nerfs CCP and I demand as a paying customer with cash that you put the timers on asteroid belts back to what they were.
StarterrorPrime
Black Rose Fleet Strategics
#690 - 2017-06-16 03:28:35 UTC
I feel a lot of these nerfs lately are targeting the larger alliances and coalitions while us smaller groups are getting more of a leg up, i would hate to be the ceo of the megacorps right now though.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#691 - 2017-06-16 04:36:39 UTC
Eligh Douglas wrote:
CCP you have just made my play time almost impossible. Now with the asteroid anomoly respawn timer changes, when I get to sit down and play eve the colossal has been mined out and by the time its due to come back my few hours of eve a night is over.

Not everyone has so much time in a day to mine constantly. You really expect me to spend my whole play time looking for a system that has a colossal? Yes I could goto the other sizes, but as its safer to mine in big groups where you can get a response group, once the colossal is depleted most rorqual pilots log or go so something else while they wait for a new colossal to spawn.

I'm sick of the bloody Rorqual nerfs CCP and I demand as a paying customer with cash that you put the timers on asteroid belts back to what they were.

Yep, mining in a rorqual is the only thing to do in game. And game balance be damned.

Eligh Douglas
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#692 - 2017-06-16 08:53:04 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Eligh Douglas wrote:

Not everyone has so much time in a day tso aoomine constantly. You really expect me to spend my whole play time looking for a system that has a colossal? Yes I could goto the other sizes, but as its safer to mine in big groups where you can get a response group, once the colossal is depleted most rorqual pilots log or go so something else while they wait for a new colossal to spawn.

Yep, mining in a rorqual is the only thing to do in game. And game balance be damned.

For me it is yes, because that's what I trained for. I do of course have an alt for other activities, but I enjoy mining, its relaxing and helps me wind down without thinking too much. Is this not why we have alts in the first place? Besides, if you goonies didn't mine so much , ccp wouldn't have had to nerf Rorqual mining again so soon now would they? :-)
Mark Marconi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#693 - 2017-06-16 12:33:45 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Eligh Douglas wrote:

What do you mean the game consists of more than Rorquals, Carriers and Super Carriers?

When did this happen? Lol

The CSM gets in the way of CCP communicating properly with the players of this game.

After all we are not just players, we are customers.

Time for the CSM to be disbanded.

Archeos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#694 - 2017-06-16 12:42:48 UTC
Making the colossal spawn every 5 hours makes the rorqual obsolete.
Combined with the carrier nerfs, it just kills money making in nullsec.
Im stopping my subscription.
April rabbit
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#695 - 2017-06-16 12:58:07 UTC  |  Edited by: April rabbit
SurrenderMonkey wrote:

You know: there are games when you have no progress (outside of your personal experience and skills).
Like many FPS games (BF2, CS come to mind).

There are people who just happy to do the same in the same environment getting better and better at it. I remember my first time seeing Couter-Strike (it was 1.3 version at that point of time) and wondering "these guys can run the same map with the same teams and weapons for the whole night??? How do they don't get tired after 10 runs???" Lol

And there are people who need to get "progress" be it new ("bigger") ships/stuff or new locations, new (harder) missions, etc...

Me personally being in the game for 7 years already have no interest in pvp in T1 frigates, destroyers, cruisers... They just too cheap for me to care. Actually i almost never try to survive being tackled and killed. I just try to assist my fleet mates as much as i can until the game is over for me.
This makes me moving towards "BIGGER STUFF". And yes, when i rat i rat in a supercarrier. Not because i NEED MUH ISK, but because lower ISK/hour i can make with my alt afking in ICE belt when i'm PvPing with my main.

All in All it's not "compulsion to chase the BIG THING" but general feel of progress when you long enough into the game. And it's sad that developers are killing all this stuff because for people like me having the same cheap activity for years just getting boring (way to exit tbh).
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#696 - 2017-06-16 13:00:22 UTC
Eligh Douglas wrote:

Not CCP's fault you are too affraid to mine in something else than a collosal...
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#697 - 2017-06-16 17:41:51 UTC
Eligh Douglas wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Eligh Douglas wrote:

Not everyone has so much time in a day tso aoomine constantly. You really expect me to spend my whole play time looking for a system that has a colossal? Yes I could goto the other sizes, but as its safer to mine in big groups where you can get a response group, once the colossal is depleted most rorqual pilots log or go so something else while they wait for a new colossal to spawn.

For me it is yes, because that's what I trained for. I do of course have an alt for other activities, but I enjoy mining, its relaxing and helps me wind down without thinking too much. Is this not why we have alts in the first place? Besides, if you goonies didn't mine so much , ccp wouldn't have had to nerf Rorqual mining again so soon now would they? :-)

Do you know how many times I have trained for something for it to be nerfed? First, nano-HACs, then I trainded for sniper BS, nerfed (not directly, just other things came along that rendered it a useless doctrine), drake fleet, then it was another HAC doctrine...an armor HAC that PL named something "fist", I loved sniper HACs...never see those anymore and on and on. If you insist on training for just one thing in this game, you will eventually get your turn in the barrel when it comes to nerfs and not have much in the way of other options.

Expecting other players to not utilize something in game to the fullest is foolishness, BTW. Whenever possible people mini/max, it is not a "Goon thing....". And it is also foolishness to expect other players to limit their game play so you can expand yours. And it is downright pathetic to demand that CCP do that for you.

Trevize Demerzel
#698 - 2017-06-17 14:55:58 UTC
Dear CCP,

General inquiry. Now that all the Colossal and Enormous belts are completely gone in my region during my Time Zone that I get to play in. Pray tell which time zone am I now required to play this game effectively in?

FU CCP. Yes FU.

Ugh

-

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#699 - 2017-06-17 18:23:12 UTC
Trevize Demerzel wrote:
Dear CCP,

General inquiry. Now that all the Colossal and Enormous belts are completely gone in my region during my Time Zone that I get to play in. Pray tell which time zone am I now required to play this game effectively in?

FU CCP. Yes FU.

Ugh

Have you looked into something besides mining?

Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#700 - 2017-06-19 07:45:17 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Trevize Demerzel wrote:
Dear CCP,

FU CCP. Yes FU.

Ugh

Have you looked into something besides mining?

Why should they?

It's a stupid change driven by Fozzie and co again.

A better option would have been to reduce the number of roids spawning, or reduce the mineral content back down.

But no, they find it more fun for themselves to make it as much hassle as possible for what is basically a sedentary profession which a lot find relaxing.

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.