These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Citadels are now on Singularity

First post
Author
Lugh Crow-Slave
#281 - 2016-03-30 04:17:35 UTC
Gigiarc wrote:
Currently the only option to deploy a citadel is to "launch for corp" which requires some roles most CEOs won't be willing to give out. Will there be a "launch for self" option so that personal citadels can exist without an alt corp in the alliance?


Probably not since they are one of the structures replacing pos and outposts and those are corp and alliance level assets
Lilith VonCarstion
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#282 - 2016-03-30 09:51:58 UTC
first when I warp to my citadel I still warp in to the middle of it. second every time I enter it would be empty. now I cant even warp to it. when I was taking control of the station I could not leave the station or relinquish control to leave. I had to log out and log back in to leave the station. and once I did do that I coming back in I would get a black screen of death will all the toll bars and miny maps till I docked in a new station or warped to a different system.
Knitram Relik
Atomic Amish
#283 - 2016-03-30 19:43:30 UTC
I've got a question about setting the missiles to fire automatically. With a POS I can set the guns to shoot anyone that isn't in my corp, blue, etc (very nice for lo-sec). Is there going to be a similar setting for citadels to do this or does someone have to man the guns so to speak. Not every Citadel should have a welcome mat in front of it IMHO.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it's really hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Keaden Aemar
4 Marketeers
Rura-Penthe
#284 - 2016-03-30 21:37:18 UTC
For the better part of a week now (was working the first few days), the "Take Control" button has been grayed out for all my characters on all the citadels I have setup, no matter what I change in structure manager, group manager, corp rolls or otherwise. Other corp mates who have gotten on SISI also report the button being grayed out.

Any tips on if it's something we need to fix or is this a bug?
Smuff Gallente
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#285 - 2016-03-31 08:44:03 UTC
Hey claymore are citadel weapons systems going to be able to work Even if the citadel is not vulnerable i cant seem to find a straight answer on this Some say yes some say no so i'm going to the source
Eli Stan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#286 - 2016-03-31 14:46:57 UTC
Knitram Relik wrote:
I've got a question about setting the missiles to fire automatically. With a POS I can set the guns to shoot anyone that isn't in my corp, blue, etc (very nice for lo-sec). Is there going to be a similar setting for citadels to do this or does someone have to man the guns so to speak. Not every Citadel should have a welcome mat in front of it IMHO.


I suspect there will be no auto-aggression. Citadels work just like ships in many ways. Giant ships that can't move and have some unique features around repairing and vulnerability, but otherwise similar to ships which also don't auto-aggress with nobody in them. Which I'm fine with. It actually doesn't take much time to train a toon to level 4 for all citadel and fighter skills - about 60 days. It's getting things to level 5 that'll be the big PITA. It's cool to have a young character controlling 30 to 40 thousand DPS and millions of HP. Twisted
Knitram Relik
Atomic Amish
#287 - 2016-03-31 15:15:40 UTC
Eli Stan wrote:
Knitram Relik wrote:
I've got a question about setting the missiles to fire automatically. With a POS I can set the guns to shoot anyone that isn't in my corp, blue, etc (very nice for lo-sec). Is there going to be a similar setting for citadels to do this or does someone have to man the guns so to speak. Not every Citadel should have a welcome mat in front of it IMHO.


I suspect there will be no auto-aggression. Citadels work just like ships in many ways. Giant ships that can't move and have some unique features around repairing and vulnerability, but otherwise similar to ships which also don't auto-aggress with nobody in them. Which I'm fine with. It actually doesn't take much time to train a toon to level 4 for all citadel and fighter skills - about 60 days. It's getting things to level 5 that'll be the big PITA. It's cool to have a young character controlling 30 to 40 thousand DPS and millions of HP. Twisted

It'll still be fun to tackle and blap someone who wasps to my cyno when I bring my JF in.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it's really hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Knitram Relik
Atomic Amish
#288 - 2016-03-31 15:17:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Knitram Relik
Oops. Double post

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it's really hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Lugh Crow-Slave
#289 - 2016-03-31 18:24:55 UTC
Knitram Relik wrote:
Eli Stan wrote:
Knitram Relik wrote:
I've got a question about setting the missiles to fire automatically. With a POS I can set the guns to shoot anyone that isn't in my corp, blue, etc (very nice for lo-sec). Is there going to be a similar setting for citadels to do this or does someone have to man the guns so to speak. Not every Citadel should have a welcome mat in front of it IMHO.


I suspect there will be no auto-aggression. Citadels work just like ships in many ways. Giant ships that can't move and have some unique features around repairing and vulnerability, but otherwise similar to ships which also don't auto-aggress with nobody in them. Which I'm fine with. It actually doesn't take much time to train a toon to level 4 for all citadel and fighter skills - about 60 days. It's getting things to level 5 that'll be the big PITA. It's cool to have a young character controlling 30 to 40 thousand DPS and millions of HP. Twisted

It'll still be fun to tackle and blap someone who wasps to my cyno when I bring my JF in.


my issue is that ccp said they didn't like how players had to train for pos defeance and they wanted to avoid players creating citadel coffin toons

but with fighters and the dedicated citadels skills thats exactly what will happen

ignoring the skills need to get fighters they alone are 4 x12 skills
Destiny Dain2
Your Destiny Corporation
#290 - 2016-03-31 20:09:35 UTC
Sorry if you saw this comment in the capital changes, but I think that I posted in the wrong area. I was mentioning that I posted a video about the new skill "Doomsday Rapid Firing" and I want to know if it also applies towards the Citadel doomsday weapons as well?
Leonid Ragulin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#291 - 2016-04-01 08:58:38 UTC
Gigiarc wrote:
Currently the only option to deploy a citadel is to "launch for corp" which requires some roles most CEOs won't be willing to give out. Will there be a "launch for self" option so that personal citadels can exist without an alt corp in the alliance?


please.

this.

Or at the least, an extra grantable role 'manage personal citadels' so a player can drop his/her own citadel without letting them dabble with major corp assets. You are trying to get more people to play in nullsec - almost all major null corps have only a tiny number of people with pos roles, meaning these new citadels are unplayable to the vast majority of people. Every corp has spais, so simply saying 'join another corp' is meaningless, none will ever just give out starbase roles. The medium citadels especially, are ideal for players to use just like mobile depots - that anyone can drop.
Aaron Raus
Diving club
#292 - 2016-04-01 09:17:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Aaron Raus
I support this "small and personal" citadel idea.

Edit: feel free to discuss that possibility here.
CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#293 - 2016-04-01 11:32:07 UTC
Apologies for the lack of replies if people are asking questions.

Super busy at the moment getting stuff implemented and tested, I am going to set aside some time over the weekend to try and answer what I can.

Till then, thank you for joining us on Singularity. Hope you are liking what you see.

Quality Assurance Analyst Team Psycho Sisters

Lugh Crow-Slave
#294 - 2016-04-01 13:30:51 UTC
Leonid Ragulin wrote:
Gigiarc wrote:
Currently the only option to deploy a citadel is to "launch for corp" which requires some roles most CEOs won't be willing to give out. Will there be a "launch for self" option so that personal citadels can exist without an alt corp in the alliance?


please.

this.

Or at the least, an extra grantable role 'manage personal citadels' so a player can drop his/her own citadel without letting them dabble with major corp assets. You are trying to get more people to play in nullsec - almost all major null corps have only a tiny number of people with pos roles, meaning these new citadels are unplayable to the vast majority of people. Every corp has spais, so simply saying 'join another corp' is meaningless, none will ever just give out starbase roles. The medium citadels especially, are ideal for players to use just like mobile depots - that anyone can drop.


just do what ppl do now make a one man corp with an alt to do this
Nooien Soong
United Space Republic
#295 - 2016-04-01 19:46:58 UTC
Since a structure can only be deployed by a corp, shouldn't it automatically have corp hangers when you dock, rather than having to rent an office?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#296 - 2016-04-01 20:02:53 UTC
Nooien Soong wrote:
Since a structure can only be deployed by a corp, shouldn't it automatically have corp hangers when you dock, rather than having to rent an office?


No it may want to put one down but not have an office
Cain Silver
Ghost Net Industrialists
Valkyrie Alliance
#297 - 2016-04-01 23:22:15 UTC
So Outposts will co exist, will there be any changes to their bonuses?
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#298 - 2016-04-02 02:51:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
CCP, could you clarify how Citadel launched Fighters and skills interact please? Do they get the launching players skill bonuses? In which case you will need a lot of skill to properly be a defending pilot for a citadel.
Or do they get no skills at all in which case they will be very weak targets compared to normal fighters and do a lot lower DPS.

Additionally the maths says these Citadels are exceptionally low damage in Highsec where they are limited to just subcap launchers and possibly fighters? The missiles aren't going to stress any Cruiser or highers local tank even with a web & TP included, while adding in fighters you still aren't going to stress any kind of logistics set up or a Marauders local tank at all.
Taking a T1 cruiser I had handy, and applying both a Citadel Web & TP, I got up to 360 applied DPS with missiles in a best case scenario from a M Citadel (Meant to be for a moderate sized corp). A cruiser with decent resists local tanks that, especially T2 cruisers.

Given these are supposed to be battle fortresses you really need to take a significant look at the Citadels defences in High Sec to ensure that they actually are going to be difficult to attack, and not simply a case of outnumbering the defenders and it being basically a fleet vs fleet fight with an insignificant citadel.
Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens
#299 - 2016-04-02 05:32:41 UTC
"Structure bracket shows how many are docked inside"

That's pretty stupid. If the enemy wants that info, they should have to get a spy inside.

Do not run. We are your friends.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#300 - 2016-04-02 11:14:05 UTC
Tyranis Marcus wrote:
"Structure bracket shows how many are docked inside"

That's pretty stupid. If the enemy wants that info, they should have to get a spy inside.



its because of WH groups complaining that they cant get free Intel like they can with a POS

they want to know how risky it is to gank that site running drake b4 they commit to it