These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Citadels are now on Singularity

First post
Author
Little Bad Wolf
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#261 - 2016-03-26 18:56:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Little Bad Wolf
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
It's this a bad thing? From what I understand citadels ate just meant to give defenders an advantage not outright defend themselves.

Sorry was to lazy to look back and find the rest of this convo


They certainly give a defender advantage in a siege against an equally sized aggressor force, but the concern is whether they can be defended by solo or small industry corps in highsec in the face of the prolific wardec alliances.

It's fair to say that no, they shouldn't be able to, but then we are left with the issue of 100-wars a day style highsec with indy medium citadles dropping left right and center whether or not the small defence the indy corp can muster is doing its utmost to defend or not.

Currently, a pos can simply be unanchored before a war begins, and that ability is used daily. Not only that but when it's not used, it is still a known capability to everyone, and so acts as a deterrent even at times when perhaps the defender corp wouldn't have responded to take it down.

The difference now is that medium citadels will not be able to be taken down, the aggressor just has to scout the vulnerability timer, wardec the defender, and then the defender has no choice but to be capable of repelling a far larger and more experienced aggressor, and even if a minority of them managed to pull that off, it's still dozens of highsec citadels being reinforced a day from all the small indy corps who currently rely on unanchoring their pos and docking up for the week.

No, it isn't fun gameplay, never has been, but highsec war has rarely ever resulted in fair evenly matched fights.

Other than the citadel itself, nothing has changed, so on some level we are talking about how much it can repel by itself.

Once an attack begins, it doesn't end unless the defenders can stop all incoming damage for a set amount of time, it's not like they have to hold on for an hour and then all is good, they have to physically win the fight and take the grid, or the citadel remains vulnerable for as long as it takes the attackers to reinforce it, and there is no limit to the logistics the attacker can bring to make themselves practically untouchable.
StalkingWolf
SUPER GOOSE SQUAD
#262 - 2016-03-26 21:00:31 UTC
GetSirrus wrote:
Terrence Malick wrote:
How do I "online" my citadel? I successfully anchored it, but I can't dock. Reason given: "structure is offline".

Does it online silently? I don't see a timer or anything.


Hello Terrence,

You can point by point list out the steps you did to get the anchor to success.


  • I have launched for Corp.
  • positioned away from the ship, until blue outline
  • named the structure
  • unable to toggle option of profile
  • clicked three vulnerability hours
  • clicked anchor (which lights after the hours are set)


and nothing happens...



I am having this exact same problem. Mac OS X?
Mark O'Helm
Fam. Zimin von Reizgenschwendt
#263 - 2016-03-26 21:17:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Mark O'Helm
StalkingWolf wrote:
GetSirrus wrote:
Terrence Malick wrote:
How do I "online" my citadel? I successfully anchored it, but I can't dock. Reason given: "structure is offline".

Does it online silently? I don't see a timer or anything.

stuff...



I am having this exact same problem. Mac OS X?

I see your problem. You are using a Mac.Lol

But seroiusly. There are a lot of things to fix on it. This release could be a big mess. File a bug report. And buy a second and a third citadel and try doublicate the bug. Maybe the second one works.

"Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen. Aber Frauen wollen keine Frauenversteher. Weil Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen." (Ein Single)

"Wirklich coolen Leuten ist es egal, ob sie cool sind." (Einer, dem es egal ist)

GetSirrus
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#264 - 2016-03-27 01:33:03 UTC
StalkingWolf wrote:



I am having this exact same problem. Mac OS X?


Sorry no, win10.
John Hand
#265 - 2016-03-27 05:44:34 UTC
Terrence Malick wrote:
How do I "online" my citadel? I successfully anchored it, but I can't dock. Reason given: "structure is offline".

Does it online silently? I don't see a timer or anything.



Currently there is a bug with Cits after going trough the anchor time, they get stuck at 0s. Seems like only a server restart fixes the issue.

Cits do not need to be onlined, there anchor time doubles as there online time as well. They do not require fuel to run either, only the services need fuel to run but the building itself doesn't.

SpaceAngel
GREENSPACE
#266 - 2016-03-27 06:39:27 UTC
It's possible to use the DD from a titan close to a keepstar then dock instantly, you might want to look into that CCP...
Mark O'Helm
Fam. Zimin von Reizgenschwendt
#267 - 2016-03-27 06:59:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Mark O'Helm
SpaceAngel wrote:
It's possible to use the DD from a titan close to a keepstar then dock instantly, you might want to look into that CCP...

... and some other Stuff doesn't work right
... and the Release Date is still April 27.
... and Fanfest comes in front of it

Man, i wouldn't wanne work at CCP right now.

"Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen. Aber Frauen wollen keine Frauenversteher. Weil Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen." (Ein Single)

"Wirklich coolen Leuten ist es egal, ob sie cool sind." (Einer, dem es egal ist)

Lugh Crow-Slave
#268 - 2016-03-27 07:31:35 UTC
Mark O'Helm wrote:
SpaceAngel wrote:
It's possible to use the DD from a titan close to a keepstar then dock instantly, you might want to look into that CCP...

... and some other Stuff doesn't work right
... and the Release Date is still April 27.
... and Fanfest comes in front of it

Man, i wouldn't wanne work at CCP right now.


to be honest with how fast they are getting things fixed i'm not all that worried
Cuprrr
CuprCorp
#269 - 2016-03-27 12:05:18 UTC
StalkingWolf wrote:
GetSirrus wrote:
Terrence Malick wrote:
How do I "online" my citadel? I successfully anchored it, but I can't dock. Reason given: "structure is offline".

Does it online silently? I don't see a timer or anything.


Hello Terrence,

You can point by point list out the steps you did to get the anchor to success.


  • I have launched for Corp.
  • positioned away from the ship, until blue outline
  • named the structure
  • unable to toggle option of profile
  • clicked three vulnerability hours
  • clicked anchor (which lights after the hours are set)


and nothing happens...



I am having this exact same problem. Mac OS X?


You have to create a structure Profile first.
Business-Structure browser.
Gustav Mannfred
Summer of Mumuit
Remember Mumuit
#270 - 2016-03-27 12:13:32 UTC
As I have seen on Sisi, citaldels use the same station interior as Caldari NPC station, is that supposed to be like that or is the caldari hangar just a placeholder for the unfinished citadel hangars?

i'm REALY miss the old stuff. 

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=24183

Katrin BarRiona
Toxic Squadron
Northern Coalition.
#271 - 2016-03-27 13:23:31 UTC
1. Now citadel weapons work just in Shedules time?
2. I create groups, add to Struct browser roles, etc. Just director can use Take Control. Any roles and groups dont work. Is that okey?

Img profile citadel
img profile details
Philpip
The reality disfunction
#272 - 2016-03-27 17:36:29 UTC
Ok, here is my list of observations. I'm aware that some of these have been mentioned.

1) When logging in I'm shown as undocked in 0.0 (I'm in hisec, docked in a citadel).

2) I have to re-online the Market every time.

3) Market currently won't load.

4) Fitted station services don't show up in Station Services window.

5) I cannot fit the Reprocessing Facility.

6) In the Structure Browser, Docking and Defense are coloured, the rest are grey. Should these be coloured if fitted?

No, you were not blobbed, you just didn't bring enough people to the fight!

Lugh Crow-Slave
#273 - 2016-03-27 19:16:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Little Bad Wolf wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
It's this a bad thing? From what I understand citadels ate just meant to give defenders an advantage not outright defend themselves.

Sorry was to lazy to look back and find the rest of this convo


They certainly give a defender advantage in a siege against an equally sized aggressor force, but the concern is whether they can be defended by solo or small industry corps in highsec in the face of the prolific wardec alliances.

It's fair to say that no, they shouldn't be able to, but then we are left with the issue of 100-wars a day style highsec with indy medium citadles dropping left right and center whether or not the small defence the indy corp can muster is doing its utmost to defend or not.

Currently, a pos can simply be unanchored before a war begins, and that ability is used daily. Not only that but when it's not used, it is still a known capability to everyone, and so acts as a deterrent even at times when perhaps the defender corp wouldn't have responded to take it down.

The difference now is that medium citadels will not be able to be taken down, the aggressor just has to scout the vulnerability timer, wardec the defender, and then the defender has no choice but to be capable of repelling a far larger and more experienced aggressor, and even if a minority of them managed to pull that off, it's still dozens of highsec citadels being reinforced a day from all the small indy corps who currently rely on unanchoring their pos and docking up for the week.

No, it isn't fun gameplay, never has been, but highsec war has rarely ever resulted in fair evenly matched fights.

Other than the citadel itself, nothing has changed, so on some level we are talking about how much it can repel by itself.

Once an attack begins, it doesn't end unless the defenders can stop all incoming damage for a set amount of time, it's not like they have to hold on for an hour and then all is good, they have to physically win the fight and take the grid, or the citadel remains vulnerable for as long as it takes the attackers to reinforce it, and there is no limit to the logistics the attacker can bring to make themselves practically untouchable.


Would you rather they be so Strong small groups have no chance assaulting them?
Dublone
Ember Inc.
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#274 - 2016-03-28 08:44:51 UTC
Hi CCP

it is a Bug or a Feature/cool down, thats the Weapons not work on a Citadel? I say a massage "You Ship is realigning its magnetic field, please wait a moment". Only the DD work.
Dayland Montehouse
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#275 - 2016-03-28 20:32:14 UTC
I onlined my Medium Citadel Saturday evening (US TZ) and missed the anchoring zero countdown due to server being down and then logged in this afternoon to find my citadel has been damaged about 70% into armor. However, I didn't receive any notifications of any attacks on my citadel in my mail or popup and I have a repair timer sitting at 0s. Is this a known bug?

♫♫ Never gonna lock you up ♫♫ ♫♫ Never gonna web you down ♫♫ ♫♫ Never gonna orbit around and shoot you ♫♫ ♫♫ Never gonna scram your prop ♫♫ ♫♫ Never gonna cyno blops ♫♫ ♫♫ Never gonna p-o-d and loot you ♫♫

Infinite Destruction
The Brotherhood MC
#276 - 2016-03-29 03:04:05 UTC
Tried going onto Sisi just now to look at these new Citadels.

1) My POSs (and everything in them, including ships I need) aren't showing up.

2) The market isn't loading so I can't buy/build anything.

Sidenote - first time I've tried logging into the test server from the new launcher. A few hiccups but once I figured it out it was OK (though it seems it isn't loading the profiles for some of my toons even though they are set up properly).

I'll keep trying (maybe) !
Cadaverous Emperess
Aim High
SWAG Co
#277 - 2016-03-29 04:09:46 UTC
Infinite Destruction wrote:
Tried going onto Sisi just now to look at these new Citadels.

1) My POSs (and everything in them, including ships I need) aren't showing up.



This has always been this way since SiSi has been around. Originally it was done as a means to protect sensitive information about what is happening around enemy POS's in TQ (since SiSi mirrors Tranquility). In a nutshell though, all POS's that were in the mirror from Tranquility disappear once mirrored to SiSi.

Infinite Destruction wrote:

2) The market isn't loading so I can't buy/build anything.


This has been happening periodically lately, usually gets fixed when the cluster gets restarted (which is happening shortly it looks like).
Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#278 - 2016-03-29 04:24:40 UTC
Hello CCP

Can we get an updated front page please :) Its been a week and I dont know if anything new has been deployed or updated since the 22nd. I dont want to keep reporting things you already know about or be testing things that have been fixed already.....though that is not always a bad idea to do since some things can get fixed and then subsequently break again due to changes elsewhere.

Thx

~R~
Infinite Destruction
The Brotherhood MC
#279 - 2016-03-29 04:28:48 UTC
Cadaverous Emperess wrote:
Infinite Destruction wrote:
Tried going onto Sisi just now to look at these new Citadels.

1) My POSs (and everything in them, including ships I need) aren't showing up.



This has always been this way since SiSi has been around. Originally it was done as a means to protect sensitive information about what is happening around enemy POS's in TQ (since SiSi mirrors Tranquility). In a nutshell though, all POS's that were in the mirror from Tranquility disappear once mirrored to SiSi.


Thanks - I'd never noticed that before (in the very few times I went onto SiSi with the old methods).


Gigiarc
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#280 - 2016-03-30 03:35:59 UTC
Currently the only option to deploy a citadel is to "launch for corp" which requires some roles most CEOs won't be willing to give out. Will there be a "launch for self" option so that personal citadels can exist without an alt corp in the alliance?