These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

[February] Force Auxiliary Skills

First post First post
Author
CCP Larrikin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2016-02-08 16:11:17 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Hii Mates,

We're seeding the 4 Racial Force Auxiliary skills in February, along with skills for Light Fighter Squadrons and Support Fighter Squadrons.
Any character with Tactical Logistics Reconfiguration, a Carrier and Force Auxiliary skill (of the same race) injected when the citadels expansion launches, will have the racial carrier skillpoints refunded as unallocated skillpoints. These skillpoints can be reallocated instantly as the player desires.

If you start training the Force Auxiliary skill after the patch tomorrow, you can reallocate your refunded skillpoints right back into your racial carrier skill so you can fly both ships. Or spend them on anything you like!


Update to this section!
CCP Larrikin wrote:
Hi Mates,

We hear you! We're rethinking our Force Auxiliary skill transition plan. Please wait for the devblog for more details.


Cheers,
CCP Larrikin



There'll be a dev-blog going into more details about our transition plans for Carriers, Force Auxiliaries and a bunch of other stuff, coming out later this week.


Cheers,
CCP Larrikin

Game Designer | Team Phenomenon | https://twitter.com/CCP_Larrikin

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2016-02-08 16:17:32 UTC
Sounds fair.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2016-02-08 16:21:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Frostys Virpio
Inb4 shitstorm about having to pay for a book.

I'm also wondering who will use this as a partial recycling of their SP investement in caps if they hate fatigue enough.
Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#4 - 2016-02-08 16:24:37 UTC
I am curious about the skill book prices in this regard. I would be hoping it would be closer to the dreadnaught skills than the carrier... otherwise that's going to suck up billions more.
Carbon Alabel
Gemini Talon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#5 - 2016-02-08 16:26:36 UTC
Will the carrier skills be removed from all such characters with the skill books being refunded or will they remain in the character?
EdFromHumanResources
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2016-02-08 16:27:27 UTC
Can you make an exception for pilots that are...I dunno..sitting in a Mothership?
CCP Larrikin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2016-02-08 16:27:28 UTC
Carbon Alabel wrote:
Will the carrier skills be removed from all such characters with the skill books being refunded or will they remain in the character?


They will remain.

Game Designer | Team Phenomenon | https://twitter.com/CCP_Larrikin

Dianila Artemisa
Anti-Nub Incorporated
Centipede Caliphate.
#8 - 2016-02-08 16:27:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Dianila Artemisa
Sentient Blade wrote:
I am curious about the skill book prices in this regard. I would be hoping it would be closer to the dreadnaught skills than the carrier... otherwise that's going to suck up billions more.

Imagine the tears! (setting it closer to carrier than to dread would make it a nice ISK sink though)

EDIT: After checking my wallet, let's hope it's closer to the dread skillbook price.
Rancid Meatballs
ChumGuzzlers Inc.
#9 - 2016-02-08 16:29:36 UTC
What happens if a pilot logs in his carrier, and there are no SP in his carrier skill?
Maria Kishunuba
Doomheim
#10 - 2016-02-08 16:31:35 UTC
Would the carrier still create Sleeper capital escalations?
Will the FAX create sleeper escalations?

And if the FAX takes over the Carriers job of making escalations, what reimbursement plans do you then have for carrier pilots without triage?
Abby Silverwind
Project Valhalla.
The Initiative.
#11 - 2016-02-08 16:32:03 UTC
EdFromHumanResources wrote:
Can you make an exception for pilots that are...I dunno..sitting in a Mothership?



This

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;

Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Drunk Posting Best Posting

John Selth
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#12 - 2016-02-08 16:32:23 UTC
How will this affect those characters sitting in Super Carriers.
Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2016-02-08 16:35:07 UTC
EdFromHumanResources wrote:
Can you make an exception for pilots that are...I dunno..sitting in a Mothership?

Don't inject racial force auxiliary, then, if you're worried about being stuck in a supercarrier after the refund. No racial Force Auxiliary, no refund.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

EdFromHumanResources
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2016-02-08 16:35:27 UTC
John Selth wrote:
How will this affect those characters sitting in Super Carriers.

A lot of our supercap pilots are out of stuff to train and thus train things that may be useful should the supercap pop. FAX would be ideal for something to have trained as a backup.
Ripard Teg
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2016-02-08 16:36:00 UTC
Dianila Artemisa wrote:
Sentient Blade wrote:
I am curious about the skill book prices in this regard. I would be hoping it would be closer to the dreadnaught skills than the carrier... otherwise that's going to suck up billions more.

Imagine the tears! (setting it closer to carrier than to dread would make it a nice ISK sink though)

EDIT: After checking my wallet, let's hope it's closer to the dread skillbook price.


Yup. I have two characters that can fly six triage carriers between them. That's 3B ISK to essentially keep the skill that I already have today.

aka Jester, who apparently was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer to good effect.

CCP Larrikin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2016-02-08 16:38:53 UTC
EdFromHumanResources wrote:
Can you make an exception for pilots that are...I dunno..sitting in a Mothership?

If you don't inject the racial force auxiliary skill then your skillpoints will remain in the racial carrier skill.


Rancid Meatballs wrote:
What happens if a pilot logs in his carrier, and there are no SP in his carrier skill?

You can still warp / jump / dock / etc. However you won't have any bonuses from your skill, and you can't undock until you reallocate the skillpoints into the carrier skill.

Game Designer | Team Phenomenon | https://twitter.com/CCP_Larrikin

John Selth
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#17 - 2016-02-08 16:40:40 UTC
EdFromHumanResources wrote:
John Selth wrote:
How will this affect those characters sitting in Super Carriers.

A lot of our supercap pilots are out of stuff to train and thus train things that may be useful should the supercap pop. FAX would be ideal for something to have trained as a backup.



I'm aware of that, I myself have a maxed out super pilot. What I am asking is, when they relocate the carrier skills to unallocated SP, what happens to the pilots sitting in ships requiring that skill (supers for instance) when they log in to change it?
Mia Sedgwick
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#18 - 2016-02-08 16:41:05 UTC
Maybe reduce the skill to 1 opposed to 0 to avoid issues/not penalize super pilots (as soon they'll be able to dock and might want to use a FAX occasionally).
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#19 - 2016-02-08 16:41:21 UTC
If you're sitting in a mothership, you can't dock to inject the FAX skill (unless you get out of your space-coffin). So no worries.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

The Cue
Dropbears Anonymous
Brave Collective
#20 - 2016-02-08 16:41:23 UTC
This is awesome, that is all. Thanks CCP.
123Next pageLast page