These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[February] Force Auxiliary Skills

First post First post
Author
Basil Vulpine
Blueprint Haus
Blades of Grass
#21 - 2016-02-08 16:42:02 UTC
But what about supercarrier pilots who haven't managed to sell the hull yet and would like most of their carrier SP back?

If your pilot is in a super you could always:

a) Not inject the Force Aux. skillbook until after the change is made
b) Contract any carrier hulls to alts
c) Log the super in and put the SP back in to the carrier skill
d) Swap a holding character in to pilot the super

For the ultra paranoid you could do a combination of the above.
John Selth
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#22 - 2016-02-08 16:42:59 UTC
CCP Larrikin wrote:
EdFromHumanResources wrote:
Can you make an exception for pilots that are...I dunno..sitting in a Mothership?

If you don't inject the racial force auxiliary skill then your skillpoints will remain in the racial carrier skill.


Rancid Meatballs wrote:
What happens if a pilot logs in his carrier, and there are no SP in his carrier skill?

You can still warp / jump / dock / etc. However you won't have any bonuses from your skill, and you can't undock until you reallocate the skillpoints into the carrier skill.



Good to know, thanks
jenks125
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#23 - 2016-02-08 16:43:56 UTC  |  Edited by: jenks125
.
EdFromHumanResources
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#24 - 2016-02-08 16:44:34 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
If you're sitting in a mothership, you can't dock to inject the FAX skill (unless you get out of your space-coffin). So no worries.

Since when do you need to be docked to inject skills?
Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#25 - 2016-02-08 16:45:01 UTC
So, do we get BOTH fighter skills if we have Fighters 5 trained? because we are all losing out there.

Also, do FAX have a ship maintenance bay and fleet hangar as per the carrier does currently?
Tineoidea Asanari
Perkone
Caldari State
#26 - 2016-02-08 16:46:35 UTC
jenks125 wrote:
If the skill is obsolete, refund it period. That goes for all the upcoming changes.


Why do you want to refund the skill in your super?
jenks125
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#27 - 2016-02-08 16:49:27 UTC
Tineoidea Asanari wrote:
jenks125 wrote:
If the skill is obsolete, refund it period. That goes for all the upcoming changes.


Why do you want to refund the skill in your super?


I misread it at first and tried to ninja edit cause I'm slow. Still doesn't change the fact that this is way to complicated.
Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2016-02-08 16:49:29 UTC
Buhhdust Princess wrote:
So, do we get BOTH fighter skills if we have Fighters 5 trained? because we are all losing out there.

Also, do FAX have a ship maintenance bay and fleet hangar as per the carrier does currently?

I'm guessing current the Fighter skill will change to Heavy Support fighters or whatever they're called.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#29 - 2016-02-08 16:50:35 UTC
Querns wrote:
Buhhdust Princess wrote:
So, do we get BOTH fighter skills if we have Fighters 5 trained? because we are all losing out there.

Also, do FAX have a ship maintenance bay and fleet hangar as per the carrier does currently?

I'm guessing current the Fighter skill will change to Heavy Support fighters or whatever they're called.


I think i'd rather get skillpoints to either put in both skills, or something else :)
Judy Mikakka
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#30 - 2016-02-08 16:51:01 UTC
jenks125 wrote:
Tineoidea Asanari wrote:
jenks125 wrote:
If the skill is obsolete, refund it period. That goes for all the upcoming changes.


Why do you want to refund the skill in your super?


I misread it at first and tried to ninja edit cause I'm slow. Still doesn't change the fact that this is way to complicated.


How is it complicated? If you want to fly FAX machines (Because you're a triage pilot) Inject the skill and wait for the SP to be refunded.
If you want to use the new combat carriers, do nothing?

Literally 0 complications about it.
Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2016-02-08 16:53:15 UTC
Buhhdust Princess wrote:
Querns wrote:
Buhhdust Princess wrote:
So, do we get BOTH fighter skills if we have Fighters 5 trained? because we are all losing out there.

Also, do FAX have a ship maintenance bay and fleet hangar as per the carrier does currently?

I'm guessing current the Fighter skill will change to Heavy Support fighters or whatever they're called.


I think i'd rather get skillpoints to either put in both skills, or something else :)

I doubt it'll happen. It's pretty clear that they aren't going to give out "free" SP, or allow you to do all the things that racial carrier does today at once via refund mechanics -- fighters are probably gonna be the same way. It's tough love.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Targanoth
Soul Takers
Pen Is Out
#32 - 2016-02-08 17:14:10 UTC
So i have two unsubbed max skilled triage toons. To get my SP back i need to pay to resub them both just to train Force Auxiliary to 1?

No captain can do very wrong if he places his ship alongside that of an Enemy

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#33 - 2016-02-08 17:14:34 UTC
Would have been a lot simpler to just convert 'tactical logistics recon' to the new FAX skill. And base the performance of triage on that.
Anthar Thebess
#34 - 2016-02-08 17:16:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Anthar Thebess
Why cannot i pull injected skill books ?
I have carrier A, C , only to use its as offensive carrier.
I have carrier B, D only to use its as triage.

Multiply this by 5, as i have so many capital characters you get need to buy 10 fax skill books , and my characters will be left with 10 carrier skills at lvl 0.

You are telling me to invest around 5 billion to use ships in the same way as i am doing now.

Why i cannot select across my characters :
- Carrier A to Fax
- Carrier B to Combat Carrier
- Carrier C to Fax
- Carrier D to Combat Carrier
Sub Starasque
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#35 - 2016-02-08 17:17:12 UTC
So now I have to train a new 14x skill to do what I could do before? That stings. I feel burned.
Kallor Eidermann Tes'thesula
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#36 - 2016-02-08 17:22:07 UTC
Sub Starasque wrote:
So now I have to train a new 14x skill to do what I could do before? That stings. I feel burned.



I would like to second what Sub Starasque said above. This character has all racial carriers at 5. I can currently fly DPS OR Triage carriers of all races. And now I have to sink 100 days of training into being able to continue to do so, without getting anything new from it.
Scotsman Howard
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#37 - 2016-02-08 17:24:00 UTC
CCP Larrikin wrote:
Hi Mates,

We're seeding the 4 Racial Force Auxiliary skills in February, along with skills for Light Fighter Squadrons and Support Fighter Squadrons.
Any character with Tactical Logistics Reconfiguration, a Carrier and Force Auxiliary skill (of the same race) injected when the citadels expansion launches, will have the racial carrier skillpoints refunded as unallocated skillpoints. These skillpoints can be reallocated instantly as the player desires.

If you start training the Force Auxiliary skill after the patch tomorrow, you can reallocate your refunded skillpoints right back into your racial carrier skill so you can fly both ships. Or spend them on anything you like!

There'll be a dev-blog going into more details about our transition plans for Carriers, Force Auxiliaries and a bunch of other stuff, coming out later this week.


Cheers,
CCP Larrikin


We need to know about the fighter skills as well. What if we already have fighters trained to 5? How will this work if we have fighter-bombers?

Yes I agree that carriers and FAX are the main focus here, but we also need information regarding how the fighter skills will be handled.
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#38 - 2016-02-08 17:25:19 UTC
Looks good

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Dunk Dinkle
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#39 - 2016-02-08 17:31:00 UTC
Paraphrased:

"Start training now, but with no idea of which Force Aux might fit your playstyle. And thanks for your half a billion a pop into the ISK sink."
Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#40 - 2016-02-08 17:31:19 UTC
Sub Starasque wrote:
So now I have to train a new 14x skill to do what I could do before? That stings. I feel burned.



To be fair. What Carriers will be used for after Force Auxiliary ships are added will not be anything like the uses they had before.

Remote rep drone blob Carriers are going away entirely. Carriers are being split into Triage and a new role. So you never had the option to use your Carrier like you could before. Even if they gave you both skills at max level you would still be losing the old Carrier purposes.

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.