These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Hyperion Feedback Thread] Mass-Based Spawn Distance After WH Jumps

First post First post First post
Author
Moloney
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1801 - 2014-09-03 12:51:32 UTC
Rroff wrote:
Dalron wrote:
Here's my take on what these changes will happen with these changes.

Bigger corps will continue pretty much as they are now for PvE, some will get caught rolling wormholes slightly more than others but overall pvp probabily wont actually change that much.

Smaller corps will start losing out more and more. Longer times to roll wormholes, more risk rolling wormholes, and more incoming wormholes (not just the frig wormholes but the hundreds of new C4 wormholes that are appearing everywhere). They will start losing ISK income and getting fed up. They will start to move out, slowly at first but it will continue.

Bigger wormhole corps will look for pvp but the targets will start to become scarcer as corps move out. So they will start to target the smaller corps they would previously have overlooked just so they can get kills. Some of these corps will start to leave too.

Bigger PVP oriented WH corps will leave once they have nothing to do.

We might get a cyclic occupation as prices rise people move back in to take advantage and then the cycle repeats, or a simple lower occupational level might stabilize.

Certainly looking like long term it is going to be cyclic occupation mixed in with power blocs, basically a step towards all that is wrong with nullsec.

Less people / targets in wspace cannot be considered a win by anyone, surely...
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#1802 - 2014-09-03 13:26:38 UTC
Moloney wrote:
Rroff wrote:
Dalron wrote:

Bigger corps will continue pretty much as they are now for PvE, some will get caught rolling wormholes slightly more than others but overall pvp probabily wont actually change that much.

Smaller corps will start losing out more and more. Longer times to roll wormholes, more risk rolling wormholes, and more incoming wormholes (not just the frig wormholes but the hundreds of new C4 wormholes that are appearing everywhere). They will start losing ISK income and getting fed up. They will start to move out, slowly at first but it will continue.

Bigger wormhole corps will look for pvp but the targets will start to become scarcer as corps move out. So they will start to target the smaller corps they would previously have overlooked just so they can get kills. Some of these corps will start to leave too.

We might get a cyclic occupation as prices rise people move back in to take advantage and then the cycle repeats, or a simple lower occupational level might stabilize.

Certainly looking like long term it is going to be cyclic occupation mixed in with power blocs, basically a step towards all that is wrong with nullsec.

Less people / targets in wspace cannot be considered a win by anyone, surely...

not by anyone living (or lived) in wh space sure but we have long since established ccp does not live in wh space.

also one has to wonder how sincere the words were in the dev blog. you know, saying it's coolfor people to live in whs in the first place. its almost like the writrer was *gasp* lying.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Nolak Ataru
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#1803 - 2014-09-03 16:02:28 UTC
So it's been a little over 7 days since CCP has posted in this thread, and I think a little over 4 since an ISD confirmed CCP does not and has never lived in wormhole space. Makes me take a real long look at Star Citizen and E:D.
Galdur Trudaihnel
Litla Sundlaugin
#1804 - 2014-09-03 16:02:45 UTC
In the words of the great Will Ferrell and I quote , '' I didn't want the mass based spawn! I said it like four times! This expansion is horse $h@t !!!''
corbexx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1805 - 2014-09-03 18:35:32 UTC
Dalron wrote:

This is pretty much spot on to what i expect to happen.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1806 - 2014-09-03 18:41:57 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
corbexx wrote:
Dalron wrote:

This is pretty much spot on to what i expect to happen.

Yes it is as most of us expected, it really could not have gone any other way. Wormhole space is a "precision" environment, and the tools were anything but, the mass spawn change, on it's own just overwhelms everything, a sledgehammer wildly swinging on a rope when it needed an extra gramme on the balance pendulum at most, because after all, the ONE consistent mechanism in wormhole space is the wormhole itself. How could it end otherwise?

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1807 - 2014-09-03 18:47:08 UTC
Hey everyone.
I want to post to remind you guys that we're not ignoring this thread, we're continuing to follow all the feedback on the Hyperion changes, as well as watching metrics extremely closely.

I understand that for some of you the fact that I'm posting in this thread without announcing something new may be frustrating, but we also don't want to give the impression that we've stopped reading.

We can't promise that we'll always agree with each of you on every particular issue, but we will never stop accepting feedback and re-evaluating the state of the game.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Ahost Gceo
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1808 - 2014-09-03 18:49:44 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone.
I want to post to remind you guys that we're not ignoring this thread, we're continuing to follow all the feedback on the Hyperion changes, as well as watching metrics extremely closely.

I understand that for some of you the fact that I'm posting in this thread without announcing something new may be frustrating, but we also don't want to give the impression that we've stopped reading.

We can't promise that we'll always agree with each of you on every particular issue, but we will never stop accepting feedback and re-evaluating the state of the game.

If you can, run some active statistics and see if the amount of jumps in w-space has declined since this update as people have left. Definitely will be interesting to see what destruction you have wrought.

CCP ignore me please, I make too much sense.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1809 - 2014-09-03 18:52:54 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone.

Thank you Fozzie, really happy to hear from you, we wish you well with this as your success is our success.

I wont address any issues in reply, we have given you our best, honest, clearest advice and suggestions. Not because we wish for gain, or an easier life, but because we have real concerns, we hope we have been able to help you see that the environment we live in is actually complex in its simplicity. A real work of precision, and that fine work is the way, to improvement and large and powerful features and changes, can just wash it all away.

Thanks again for reading all this.

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1810 - 2014-09-03 18:53:52 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Ahost Gceo wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone.

If you can, run some active statistics and see if the amount of jumps in w-space has declined since this update as people have left. Definitely will be interesting to see what destruction you have wrought.

I'm watching all those numbers very carefully. We've also been sharing a lot of stats with the CSM (The CSM in general and Corbexx in particular have been very helpful in working with us to ensure we watch all the right things), and we may be able to put some of them into a blog or something similar for public consumption at some point.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Nolak Ataru
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#1811 - 2014-09-03 19:33:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Nolak Ataru
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone.

Anyone willing to wager 1b that this *isnt* gonna happen? I swear it isn't a sucker's-bet.

e: Sorry for my cynicism, but if you really had anything to say, it would've been 50 pages back, or even after the 30-page thread that was locked.
Stan Primus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1812 - 2014-09-03 19:38:48 UTC
Fozzie, I have respect for you as a developer, but clearly you were wrong about this issue. I don't know how to put it any other way. CCP has a new more agile development cycle, use it. I think I understand what you were trying to do with mass spawn changes but it didn't work. I know that your not a j-space guy but we are, and this change is killing us. Please trust the tread-naught on this. In Eve risk = reward, and you guys took a huge risk with this change. Unfortunately, not all risks pay out, and this one clearly did not have the intended effect. Roll back the change in spawn mechanics completely in the next patch and please work more closely with Corbexx on future changes.
Naglerr
235MeV
#1813 - 2014-09-03 20:15:57 UTC
It's good to see CCP commenting on these feedback threads after a long silence. I was glad to see improvements made on the other Hyperion issues.

On this issue, the fact that there is no data or discussion of the direction on this change leads me to believe that the intention is to keep the change intact in the current form. I hope that the next time CCP Fozzie comments on this thread I'll be proven wrong.
Petra Hakaari
Stalking Wolfpack
#1814 - 2014-09-03 20:22:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Petra Hakaari
Naglerr wrote:
I hope that the next time CCP Fozzie comments on this thread I'll be proven wrong.

Amen bro.

Before i make any judgement and call anyone wrong I'd like to have internet graphs, of those that some of us love so much.

But I'll do dare to say that neither you nor I nor anyone of our same opinion is gonna be wrong... just a tinny (or not, hahah) impression.

Because tities .

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1815 - 2014-09-03 20:34:52 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Naglerr wrote:
It's good to see CCP commenting on these feedback threads after a long silence. I was glad to see improvements made on the other Hyperion issues.

On this issue, the fact that there is no data or discussion of the direction on this change leads me to believe that the intention is to keep the change intact in the current form. I hope that the next time CCP Fozzie comments on this thread I'll be proven wrong.

Well, to be fair, he has said that he has had some of the numbers he was waiting on and keeping a very close eye on what they are showing. He is unlikely to keep the mass spawn when he sees that his metrics confirm what we have advised him would happen.

He naturally wants what is best for the game, he is not some dictator who wants to punish his citizens, like any of us he will want to do the best job he can.

One truly cannot expect anyone who has not lived in wormhole space to understand it.
It was simply designed with the minimum of mechanics.
They were completely unknown and undiscovered. And that was part of their complexity.
Naturally if someone thinks that things are stale they try to get back to that. But we have seen them and learned, and fozzie knows we will discover them quickly again.

So he chose random blind luck as the mechanic to make it so we could not discover them.

It makes sense if you do not understand what we have made of it..and why we call it home.

He is quite right, we cannot adapt to blind luck, ever.

But if we are just going to be a sacrifice, or a victor, depending on how it plays out, we are totally 100% not interested.
Quite simply there is not a single long term wormholer with a gamblers mentality. They Fled, They were exterminated or made extinct here long ago, wormhole space was too dangerous to rely on luck, if you did? It was ALWAYS bad and ended in disaster.

We may go all in bhalls deep, and get completely wiped out, but there is not an iota of gambling involved in that decision, we are pitting ourselves against the likelehood of dying horribly, but our skills will maybe shine through. Maybe.
If we win? The victory is even sweeter.

It is that the mass spawn change, is just a completely hateful concept to us, we live or die by our skills, our tactics, our abilities, our control or lack of the battlespace. And those who we engage in combat do the same.

We just will not ever accept that our victories or losses if decided by luck, are meaningful in any way.
And without that there is absolutely no reason to be here.

We make our own destiny, there is no fate but the fate we make for ourselves.

We are not the sort of people in game or real life willing to surrender our future to chance.

That is why, no matter how often we are told by someone who has our best interests at heart, that it is good for us, we still will never accept it.

It is not a matter of a battle of wills, it is asking us to be different people at the deepest level. This just cannot be.
And that is doomed to make for disappointment, and is not ending well.

Please remove it at the earliest opportunity, as the more who experience it's effects the fewer there will be.

ULSTER MAN
#1816 - 2014-09-03 20:38:35 UTC  |  Edited by: ULSTER MAN
Thank you ccp

We rolled into a large corp . we had no other wormholes in our system.
We could not close it due to them camping us in with a fleet of 8 guys/ships (we have 3).

Normally in this situation we would close and find another hole that more matched our numbers.
24 hours before this hole closes !!!

OK OK I exaggerate about to guys camping us but they did have more than us and I am just trying to make a point :D
We all logged off to play other games cus we could not do anything.

Thank you CCP for creating more traffic to other games.

Not happy
calaretu
Honestly We didnt know
#1817 - 2014-09-03 21:57:38 UTC
ULSTER MAN wrote:
Thank you ccp

We could not close it due to them camping us in with a fleet of 8 guys (we have 3).

Normally in this situation we would close and find another hole that more matched our numbers.

OK OK I exaggerate about to guys camping us but they did have more than us :D

Not happy

I recommend checking out threads in Warfare and Tactics sub that deal with fits that let you fight outnumbered. Like this:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=296524

Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#1818 - 2014-09-03 23:55:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Seraph Essael
ULSTER MAN wrote:
Thank you ccp

We could not close it due to them camping us in with a fleet of 8 guys/ships (we have 3).

OK OK I exaggerate about to guys camping us but they did have more than us and I am just trying to make a point :D

Not happy

There is plenty you could do. As stated above me, fight them outnumbered or even next time ask them for a mutual fight. Say for example a three on three. They may even have let you roll the hole after.
You could even have used bombers to harass them with bombs.

There are far more options that just "**** we need to run away and hide" or "let's log off and play other games".

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#1819 - 2014-09-04 00:22:13 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone.

At least he has a good sense of humor.

Cheered me up a bit. Big smile

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Gunner GzR
Air
The Initiative.
#1820 - 2014-09-04 02:14:21 UTC
Nolak Ataru wrote:
So it's been a little over 7 days since CCP has posted in this thread, and I think a little over 4 since an ISD confirmed CCP does not and has never lived in wormhole space. Makes me take a real long look at Star Citizen and E:D.

we already have a corp set up in star citizen..look up The Kairos Syndicate

Change For the Sake of Change is bad Listen to you community CCP We are what make you Money. Remove Local From 0.0 and Low Space Please