These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE has a problem with its reputation. What can or should be done?

First post
Author
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#321 - 2014-07-17 15:45:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibyyl
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Anyway, I'm not that experienced in Porshes, I'm mostly a Nissan guy, did a lot of drift and a few car shows. See, to me, something like a Bluebird is a sedan. The Panamera, that's a saloon.

Not to take this thread off topic, but your conversation is so much more interesting to me. My brief experience in a Pan was shock at how close it could get to a 911 in terms of how agile it felt and how quickly I could adjust speeds. I had to check to see if the rear seats were actually there. This might sound crazy, but both the Pan and 911 feel slower to me (edit: I don't mean top speed, ofc) than a Tesla S, which could be because I didn't need to shift (and the insane torque).

I've always heard good things about infinity drive (is that what their CVT is called?), but I've never gotten into Nissans for some reason.

Could you tell me what you think is the difference between sedan and saloon? My understanding is they are the same thing.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#322 - 2014-07-17 15:56:51 UTC
This is now officially a car thread.
Nathaniel Raynaud
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#323 - 2014-07-17 16:02:26 UTC
Carmen Electra wrote:

we've already said everything that can be said about the original topic and the derail is more fun anyway
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#324 - 2014-07-17 16:20:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Sibyyl wrote:
Could you tell me what you think is the difference between sedan and saloon? My understanding is they are the same thing.
They are, saloon is the uk term for sedan.

I've not driven the Panamera, the 911 is fantastic though, as is the Cayman. The Cayenne is meh, I prefer the Q7 which is built on the same platform.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#325 - 2014-07-17 16:30:19 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:

I've not driven the Panamera, the 911 is fantastic though, as is the Cayman. The Cayenne is meh, I prefer the Q7 which is built on the same platform.

Supercharged Range Rover or LC please P

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#326 - 2014-07-17 16:33:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Unsuccessful At Everything
Carmen Electra wrote:

\o/

When I was young, I always wanted a 1969 Pontiac GTO. To me, it was the sexiest car in the world. I scoured the earth and was unable to find one that I could afford. I settled upon a 1969 Pontiac LeMans instead. Pretty much the same car, different trim and drivetrain, but still sexy with that chrome bumper and 350. I spent years restoring it, and ended up loving that car more than anything else in the world. I probably spent 20 grand altogether, on a car worth maybe 7 grand at the most. I drove it 9 months out of the year, and garaged it during the winter. It was my baby.

It was stolen 15 years ago. All the police ever recovered was the frame, found cut in half in a metal recycler yard. BTW.. Lowjack is joke*, and so is classic car insurance.

I have refused to love another vehicle since. All they are now to me.. is a way to get to and from work.

*calling Lowjack a joke really isn't fair, it was probably the first year it was out, and our law enforcement didn't have the tools to use it at the time.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
#327 - 2014-07-17 16:36:08 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:

As far as roadsters go, I cut my teeth on a Toyota MR2 Spyder. They're fun cars, but not very practical, especially where I live (I drove it with snow tires and didn't bother to change them for 2 years Oops)

Thankfully I learned that lesson on a cheap car as opposed to something like the Cayman (which I really like the looks of).
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#328 - 2014-07-17 16:39:51 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:

Sedan is a vehicle while a Saloon is the part of a sail boat you retire to at the end of the day to take drink and swap tall tales. Sure, those crazy Brits call a Sedan a Saloon, but they're wrong. Wrong, I tell you!

Mr Epeen Cool
Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
#329 - 2014-07-17 16:40:43 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Carmen Electra wrote:

\o/

When I was young, I always wanted a 1969 Pontiac GTO. To me, it was the sexiest car in the world. I scoured the earth and was unable to find one that I could afford. I settled upon a 1969 Pontiac LeMans instead. Pretty much the same car, different trim and drivetrain, but still sexy with that chrome bumper and 350. I spent years restoring it, and ended up loving that car more than anything else in the world. I probably spent 20 grand altogether, on a car worth maybe 7 grand at the most. I drove it 9 months out of the year, and garaged it during the winter. It was my baby.

It was stolen 15 years ago. All the police ever recovered was the frame, found cut in half in a metal recycler yard. BTW.. Lowjack is joke, and so is classic car insurance.

I have refused to love another vehicle since. All they are now to me.. is a way to get to and from work.

Wait, The Troll Bridge has offices? I would have thought that trolling the EVE forums could be done from the comfort of home.
The Troll Bridge
#330 - 2014-07-17 16:46:21 UTC
Carmen Electra wrote:

Wait, The Troll Bridge has offices? I would have thought that trolling the EVE forums could be done from the comfort of home.

Trolling the Eve forums is a gentlemanly sport that can be played anywhere there is access to the internet! It is always highly recommended that it be done while at work, preferably in between projects, during breaks, either before or after random acts of office terrorism or before one turns a free breakroom muffin into an international super spy.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#331 - 2014-07-17 16:49:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibyyl
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
When I was young, I always wanted a 1969 Pontiac GTO.

That's a beautiful story, and very tragic. I think that you should aspire to a GTO someday, even if it might be a midlife crisis impulse buy. I've felt the same about a Volvo P1800 (which relates to the earlier discussion because Volvo killed the car in the early 70s by turning it into a stationwagon) but I've always thought that I'd wait to get it when I'm more mature and I've actually accomplished something.

Carmen Electra wrote:
As far as roadsters go, I cut my teeth on a Toyota MR2 Spyder. They're fun cars, but not very practical, especially where I live (I drove it with snow tires and didn't bother to change them for 2 years Oops)

Thankfully I learned that lesson on a cheap car as opposed to something like the Cayman (which I really like the looks of).

I've always been more partial to Celicas.. which translated into my obsession with other ZZ cars like the Elise/Exige. I think a Miata Turbo (in a similar vein as the MR2) isn't too shabby either (an understatement).

Christina Project
Screaming Head in a Box.
#332 - 2014-07-17 16:54:46 UTC
Hi Mag's!

*sipping orange juice*

[i]"Don't look into another human's bowl to see how much he has ... ... look into his bowl to see if he has enough !" - Sol[/i]

Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
#333 - 2014-07-17 16:58:45 UTC
Christina Project wrote:
Hi Mag's!

*sipping orange juice*

y helo thar. Where is Mag's? I don't see Mag's?
Nathaniel Raynaud
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#334 - 2014-07-17 17:00:55 UTC
Christina Project wrote:
Hi Mag's!

*sipping orange juice*

i'm not sure who this guy is, but he liked one of my posts, so i guess i feel positively about him
Christina Project
Screaming Head in a Box.
#335 - 2014-07-17 17:01:10 UTC
Carmen Electra wrote:
Christina Project wrote:
Hi Mag's!

*sipping orange juice*

Yep, you don't... but I do.

You should stick to your male alt or at least resculpt your body.

[i]"Don't look into another human's bowl to see how much he has ... ... look into his bowl to see if he has enough !" - Sol[/i]

Christina Project
Screaming Head in a Box.
#336 - 2014-07-17 17:02:15 UTC
Nathaniel Raynaud wrote:
Christina Project wrote:
Hi Mag's!

*sipping orange juice*

i'm not sure who this guy is, but he liked one of my posts, so i guess i feel positively about him

Mag's is/was part of negative ten.
The nice people who owned rancer.

The Troll Bridge
#337 - 2014-07-17 17:06:29 UTC
Christina Project wrote:
Nathaniel Raynaud wrote:
Christina Project wrote:
Hi Mag's!

*sipping orange juice*

Mag's is/was part of negative ten.
The nice people who owned rancer.

This is now a Mag's thread.

Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
#338 - 2014-07-17 17:07:25 UTC
Christina Project wrote:
Carmen Electra wrote:
Christina Project wrote:
Hi Mag's!

*sipping orange juice*

Carmen looks at her hips

I thought we were (best) friends? The way us women perceive their bodies is serious business. I can't believe you'd try to give me more body image problems than I already have. Cry
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#339 - 2014-07-17 17:10:05 UTC
Carmen Electra wrote:
Christina Project wrote:
Carmen Electra wrote:
Christina Project wrote:
Hi Mag's!

*sipping orange juice*

Carmen looks at her hips

I thought we were (best) friends? The way us women perceive their bodies is serious business. I can't believe you'd try to give me more body image problems than I already have. Cry

Mr Epeen looks at Carmen's hips

I see nothing wrong with your body image.

Mr Epeen Cool
Mag's
Azn Empire
#340 - 2014-07-17 17:10:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
As this thread is now about me. Hello all and welcome. Big smile

Edit. Not enough time to read all the posts, but will get around to it and like some more soon. Cool

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.