These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

WiS pledge fundrising

First post First post
Author
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#321 - 2014-05-09 06:12:08 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Jita riots were about microtransactions, not WiS

Yeah, this is pretty much BS. I didn't cancel my account over "microtransactions", I canceled my account over the direction the game was going. It was broken buggy, and nothing was being done but to add barbie dolls for dress up parties that I could already do in other games. Over the years, I had had a number of trial accounts, and kept passing on a sub due to EVE being so friggen buggy. When SWG released NGE and I found myself without an internet spaceship game, I eventually just took it in the rear with all the bugs and got a sub with EVE as there were no real alternatives out there for anything as I was looking for.

When they introduced the Barbie dolls here, and I saw that they had pretty much no intention of ever fixing this game, I canceled with no real plans to ever return. Think it was three or four months later, caught up with EVE Evolved, Brendan Drain's articles at Massively, read that CCP gave in and changed direction to actually fixing this game. ah so re-subbed. And as far as I'm concerned, EVE has become 300% better the past couple of years than it ever was since I opened my first trial some 7 or 8 years ago.

Seriously, You WiSies, I play SL sometimes, I like to model and animate so it's a must for me, as a builder anyway. You would be better off getting your barbie doll fix over there, buying crap from me and dancing in one of many furry clubs they have there. Let CCP just focus on spaceships here, not that they are paying any attention to WiSy threads anyway Blink

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#322 - 2014-05-09 07:28:03 UTC
Webvan wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Yeah, this is pretty much BS. I didn't cancel my account over "microtransactions", I canceled my account over the direction the game was going. It was broken buggy, and nothing was being done but to add barbie dolls for dress up parties that I could already do in other games. Over the years, I had had a number of trial accounts, and kept passing on a sub due to EVE being so friggen buggy. When SWG released NGE and I found myself without an internet spaceship game, I eventually just took it in the rear with all the bugs and got a sub with EVE as there were no real alternatives out there for anything as I was looking for.

When they introduced the Barbie dolls here, and I saw that they had pretty much no intention of ever fixing this game, I canceled with no real plans to ever return. Think it was three or four months later, caught up with EVE Evolved, Brendan Drain's articles at Massively, read that CCP gave in and changed direction to actually fixing this game. ah so re-subbed. And as far as I'm concerned, EVE has become 300% better the past couple of years than it ever was since I opened my first trial some 7 or 8 years ago.

Seriously, You WiSies, I play SL sometimes, I like to model and animate so it's a must for me, as a builder anyway. You would be better off getting your barbie doll fix over there, buying crap from me and dancing in one of many furry clubs they have there. Let CCP just focus on spaceships here, not that they are paying any attention to WiSy threads anyway Blink

Good reply, but that's just your personal opinion.

It's my personal opinion that the riots I took part in were about game changing micro transactions and pay to win.

which one of us is right?

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Little Dragon Khamez
#323 - 2014-05-09 07:44:55 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:

My point exactly, it's statistically irrelevant either way and furthermore the "data" can't be trusted.

It's a good thing CCP has good data and customer service records. They've already reacted because of what their data shows them and they are collecting tons more of it. I hope CCP does what they feel is best for the game and not just what a statistically irrelevant number of random people visiting or poasting on a website think regardless of which side of the fence those people are on regarding any matter.

I've noticed when CCP wants our feedback they ask for it.. funny that.

The most recent login survey was full of leading questions and an outright attempt at manipulation, because they'd decided at least a year ago that industry should involve teamwork when we all know that industrialists tend to be solitary people. CCP Seagull has an agenda of forcing cooperative game play onto the playerbase, we all know how that worked out with exploration though with loot spill mechanics and easy mode scanning, plus it also wrecked the balance of power in wormholes via the law of unintended consequences.

My point is that as any politician will tell you, you use polls to change public opinion, not to gain feedback.

Naomi Hale
#324 - 2014-05-09 07:45:59 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Webvan wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

It's my personal opinion that the riots I took part in were about game changing micro transactions and pay to win.

Not really that good of a reply, he sounds like a none commited, undedicated player who'll jump ship if something better crops up. I'm not saying he is, just that his reply makes him sound like one.

Maybe Webvan is uninterrested in WiS because he already gets his fix in SL. I've no interest in Second Life beyond the brief attempt I had at it, but it's hardly the same as rich and meaningful avatar game-play set in the gritty sandbox that is EVE online, which is what I'm supporting.

I'm Naomi Hale and this is my favourite thread on the forums.

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#325 - 2014-05-09 07:57:16 UTC
New outfits previewed at Fanfest look good. Smile

Still no skirts/short dresses though from what we saw. Sad

New cybernetics look great too. I always thought the white ones looked kinda meh, but these dark ones could be enough to make me cut arm off (unlikely, but yeah).

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Little Dragon Khamez
#326 - 2014-05-09 08:08:19 UTC
Naomi Hale wrote:
Webvan wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Not really that good of a reply, he sounds like a none commited, undedicated player who'll jump ship if something better crops up. I'm not saying he is, just that his reply makes him sound like one.

Maybe Webvan is uninterrested in WiS because he already gets his fix in SL. I've no interest in Second Life beyond the brief attempt I had at it, but it's hardly the same as rich and meaningful avatar game-play set in the gritty sandbox that is EVE online, which is what I'm supporting.

I meant good reply in the sense that his reasons were justified despite being personal opinion, thus I could understand his position.

My position is different though, I remember most people looking forward to incarna and were impressed with the avatars despite the limited game play, they understood it was the stub of a soon to be expanded system of social interaction in eve.

I remember reports of one or two people moaning about lack of development in the game, but I thought that all of it would eventually get fixed and the game was playable so I didn't worry too much. I trusted CCP to put it right in time. Then that whole greed is good thing erupted and the riots kicked off resulting in an emergency csm full of mostly null sec representatives that shamefully failed in their duty to represent the entire player base (as they had been specifically tasked to do for this one emergency session) and convinced ccp that the anger was about pay to win and specifically avatars completely and utterly betraying the majority of players that either liked avatars or had no strong feelings either way.

Ever since we've been playing a very limited game, limited by human stupidity generated by null sec cartels one of which has openly stated that it's goal was to destroy eve online.

Mission almost accomplished...

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#327 - 2014-05-09 08:19:47 UTC

i still see no microtransactions in the game. and no 'pay to win'. and i have never seen it here.

So where did you find the things you were rioted?

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Naomi Hale
#328 - 2014-05-09 08:22:31 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:

New cybernetics look great too. I always thought the white ones looked kinda meh, but these dark ones could be enough to make me cut arm off (unlikely, but yeah).

That post has probably hurt the Pro-WiS arguments on this thread more than any anti-WiS person or protest.

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#329 - 2014-05-09 08:28:35 UTC
Naomi Hale wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:

That post has probably hurt the Pro-WiS arguments on this thread more than any anti-WiS person or protest.

How so?

Jealous of my legs huh?

Kade Jeekin
Masuat'aa Matari
Ushra'Khan
#330 - 2014-05-09 08:31:18 UTC
EVE Valkyrie and EVE Legion are first person avatar developments. WiS could be built on what comes out of them,

CCP has stated they'd like your in-game character to be able to participate across all of the sub-games.
Naomi Hale
#331 - 2014-05-09 08:37:32 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
Naomi Hale wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:

How so?

Jealous of my legs huh?

Because people are complaining about space Barbie and then you've posted that the new outfits are nice, but you want a shorter skirt and that the cybernetic arm is in the wrong colour... sigh. Way to play to a stereotype.

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#332 - 2014-05-09 08:46:28 UTC
Naomi Hale wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:
Naomi Hale wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:

How so?

Jealous of my legs huh?

Because people are complaining about space Barbie and then you've posted that the new outfits are nice, but you want a shorter skirt and that the cybernetic arm is in the wrong colour... sigh. Way to play to a stereotype.

Maybe you missed the memo but I am space barbie.

I spend my days murdering motherfuckers in wormholes, my nights in front of my space-mirror preening my glossy black hair.

The problem isn't anything to do with stereotypes, that's obviously your problem. There's nothing wrong with enjoying avatars and I get a ton of fun out of dressing, styling and creating portraits from them. The biggest thing that hurts WiS advocacy is ****** attitudes like yours. Smile

I'm a space barbie and I'm proud. Big smile

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#333 - 2014-05-09 14:37:04 UTC
Removed some off topic posts.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#334 - 2014-05-09 14:39:32 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Webvan wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Yeah, this is pretty much BS. I didn't cancel my account over "microtransactions", I canceled my account over the direction the game was going.

If you cancelled your sub for the wrong reason it doesnt invalidate my point.

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#335 - 2014-05-09 15:20:15 UTC
For WiS to work properly, and for it to be 'interesting' and 'big' enough to be a major part of the EVE univers you are essentially asking CCP to develop another game.

- It would need to run on a different engine

- It has completely different movement / controls / graphics / content that EVE already has.

CCP have shown us that they cant build this (WoD)

Captains Quarters is not even close to starting the process, its just one avatar walking around a single graphical box. Even that melted some peoples graphic cards.

Also you are asking them to develop this new game and add it to EVE, not sell it as a new game. Where are they going to make all their money on it. Microtransactions? $1000 Japanese Boutique Jeans?

Would I like so see a fully realized WiS experience in EVE --- Yes i guess so.

Do I think it would bring enough extra people to EVE to make is financially viable to CCP --- probably not.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#336 - 2014-05-09 17:06:39 UTC
Hmm

Im not really here to figure out how to open a space bar

I was simply explaining to someone that WiS is not technically impossible as that poster stated; it has clearly been demonstrated.

vOv

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Little Dragon Khamez
#337 - 2014-05-09 20:04:29 UTC
March rabbit wrote:

i still see no microtransactions in the game. and no 'pay to win'. and i have never seen it here.

So where did you find the things you were rioted?

That's because the fall out from the riots made it impossible to add pay to win stuff to eve. I haven't checked your history but maybe you weren't here when everything kicked off, if that's the case it's worth reading up on the greed is good memo leak and the resulting fallout.

I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#338 - 2014-05-09 20:27:42 UTC
Ubat Batuk wrote:
I pledge £500 as personal contribution to WiS which CCP can take automatically from my account when they deliver WiS.

1. Are there other players with ballz to commit to WiS development?
2. CCP do you have the ballz to make WiS?

I am watching this with interest...

Link to CCP video about WiS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sfaN8zT8E

Added comments on 08/05/2014:

The typical answer to this post is that WiS was cancelled after a huge protest in Jita and that is not supported by the community. Here is the statement from CCP proving that this is not the case.

Please read this statement from CCP. It says all and answers very clearly the topic:
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/2672

Edit on 4 May 2014:
Based on various feedback and the Fanfest outcome, I have decided to withdraw my pledge. I thank ISD for cleaning up the posts with personal attacks.

I don't care about WiS, sorry, so I guess I don't have the ballz. And the protest wasn't over WiS, it was about $1,000 jeans.
Ubat Batuk
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#339 - 2014-05-09 21:48:24 UTC
Jint Hikaru wrote:
For WiS to work properly, and for it to be 'interesting' and 'big' enough to be a major part of the EVE univers you are essentially asking CCP to develop another game.

- It would need to run on a different engine

- It has completely different movement / controls / graphics / content that EVE already has.

CCP have shown us that they cant build this (WoD)

Captains Quarters is not even close to starting the process, its just one avatar walking around a single graphical box. Even that melted some peoples graphic cards.

Also you are asking them to develop this new game and add it to EVE, not sell it as a new game. Where are they going to make all their money on it. Microtransactions? $1000 Japanese Boutique Jeans?

Would I like so see a fully realized WiS experience in EVE --- Yes i guess so.

Do I think it would bring enough extra people to EVE to make is financially viable to CCP --- probably not.

Hi Jint Hikaru, some good points there. Personally I do not seek a more controllable avatar than the CQ one. The current mechanics are good enough for me. I would be happy to pay a subscription add-on or increment for having access to it, however please tell me why are we pay the subscription if new stuff is not developed. Either way, no issue here. I would prefer to be integrated, because otherwise from a customer / user experience perspective it's going to have a very bad impact.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#340 - 2014-05-10 22:37:31 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)