These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

High Sec Income vs Null Sec Income - the reality

First post First post
Author
Gustaf en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#541 - 2013-10-23 16:06:36 UTC
Hey guys, you won't believe what just happened!

I was just running a level 2 mission in Empire and 2287 (that's right, two thousand two hundred eighty seven) Neurotoxin Control skill books just fell of one of the cruisers! Missions are the way to go!

And here's screen shots to prove it,

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4499/4kou.png

I promise they're legit!
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#542 - 2013-10-23 16:14:12 UTC
Happy people seek risk.
Miserable people seek reward.
Infinity's every post is self-serving and Jenn i commend your efforts but it's basically welded you to this egomaniacal troll.
Sometimes it's really important to let someone be right, especially when they aren't anything else.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#543 - 2013-10-23 16:18:24 UTC
Gustaf en Gravonere wrote:

I was just running a level 2 mission in Empire and 2287 (that's right, two thousand two hundred eighty seven) Neurotoxin Control skill books just fell of one of the cruisers! Missions are the way to go!

I promise they're legit!
I somehow do not believe you :D
Why do you have so many of those, that the test server or somethin?

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#544 - 2013-10-23 16:19:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
One major issue in terms of alliances that rent or have agreed borders in a coalition is that they can only do sites in their own systems, unless it is an escalation, this means that they are limited to what they can find in their own space, however some alliances have people who just go and do it anyway, I found FA was especially bad at doing sites in other peoples space when I was in EXE. This does mean a lot of people do not bother doing the sites, as they have limited possibilities, if you rent two to three systems you are not going to have much joy. Solo players with no ties can just go and do them with no real issues apart from the locals trying to kill them, but the key thing is to be able to go where you want when running sites and many alliances are not allowed to do that.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#545 - 2013-10-23 16:20:21 UTC
Chopper Rollins wrote:
Happy people seek risk.
Miserable people seek reward.
Infinity's every post is self-serving and Jenn i commend your efforts but it's basically welded you to this egomaniacal troll.
Sometimes it's really important to let someone be right, especially when they aren't anything else.

Oh I know (and thanks btw). my take on it though is this. some people you argue with are actually dumb and you can't do anything but publicly flog them for the amusement of all (I call it public service posting lol). Then there are the Infintys of the world, smart people whose problem isn't lack if intelligence, it's lack of will to see the whole picture.
Gustaf en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#546 - 2013-10-23 16:24:14 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:

I promise they're legit!

I'm showing you my tooootally legit screenshots! Which prove that screenshots totally prove everything! No, there's no way I could possibly be mocking the OP, that's not my intention at all....
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#547 - 2013-10-23 16:39:24 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
Lol. You know which alliances have mandatory CTAs? Dead ones.

Guys guys, I heard all about nullsec from this dude who was there in 2006.

Heh...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#548 - 2013-10-23 16:56:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Lucas Kell wrote:

I promise they're legit!

Really bad PSP. See all the blurring around the book? :)

Oh and besides, all you have to do is check my alt L Dopa's contracts and my own contracts. But then I guess I must have hacked the servers too and changed the data there.

Also Gustaf, come the F down... its a game... go outside, take some deep breaths, why you getting so upset to the point you're forging screenshots and being obnoxious huh? :)

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Gustaf en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#549 - 2013-10-23 17:02:56 UTC
I guess you still don't get that I'm mocking you. It's not supposed to be a good photoshop, more of a statement that nobody cares about your screenshots, your wild fantasies about your actual isk/hour, or your inability to listen to anyone except yourself. If anything, I'm simply amused by your 'public flogging' as Jenn calls it. Have a nice day.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#550 - 2013-10-23 17:06:48 UTC
I guess you still don't get that I'm mocking you. It's not supposed to be a good photoshop, more of a statement that nobody cares about your screenshots, your wild fantasies about your actual isk/hour, or your inability to listen to anyone except yourself. If anything, I'm simply amused by your 'public flogging' as Jenn calls it. Have a nice day.

Sometimes I fantasize about having a massive isk per hour opportunity cost of shooting structures

Gevlon goblin made my dream come true

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#551 - 2013-10-23 17:29:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona

Oh mocking... I love a good mocking...

Edit: Just had some lovely guys from Razor do my site for me. That's the awesome thing about EvE you meet so many fantastic people. I decided to let them loot the wreck...

Loot

So you see, another site, right after the last one that drops around 500 mil of loot. Or did I hack that guys account perhaps and type that myself? :)

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Shiva Darksun
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#552 - 2013-10-23 18:07:42 UTC
Years ago (must have been late 2010) I was doing missions in hi-sec. Yes, I like doing missions. You don't really have to think; and when I come from work at 2 AM local time, tired as a pyramid slave, I can't think much and my reflexes are crap. So yeah, I was doing hi-sec missions. L4s mostly, and I made pretty good ISK. Or so I thought.

At the same time a colleague of mine was plexing in Sansha space. I agree he was playing more than me (average daily session) but man, he was an ISK printing machine. I was making maybe 20-30M/h (too lazy to salvage, no secondary char), he was making probably 300-500M/hour. He was running three accounts, all paid for with PLEX, and had enough to borrow me (read "give") about 1-2 billions/month. I was paying with cash, so I didn't need ISK for PLEX, but I used it to buy fancy ships and whatnot.

Now here's the kicker: he invited me to nullsec and I disliked it. I tended to focus on the job at hand (plexing) and I disregarded local, and so I got caught pants-down more than once. I sucked at it. I sucked at being in nullsec. I wasn't a nullsec dweller, not by a long shot.

So all this discussion about this is more profitable versus that is more profitable leaves out the most important factor of all: the player. Some people simply don't have what it takes for nullsec. Some don't even go very proficient in hi-sec. I'm one of them. I play EVE to relax, to look at my pretty ship firing those pretty rockets or lazorz and I'm happy enough that way. Look down at me if you wish, I don't mind. That's who I am. A tiny speck of dust in EVE, a nice fella outside it.

To me, it does not matter what's more profitable. All that matters if what do you like to do, and nothing else. The last thing I want from EVE is for it to become another job, aka "I have to work my arse off to make enough ISK and keep my account active for one more month". Yuck.
Richard Ramlrez
Doomheim
#553 - 2013-10-23 18:30:59 UTC
Truth is you will quit out of boredom trying to get rich through missions, while incursions can get you rich with few hours played a day.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#554 - 2013-10-23 18:33:58 UTC
Shiva Darksun wrote:
Years ago (must have been late 2010) I was doing missions in hi-sec. Yes, I like doing missions. You don't really have to think; and when I come from work at 2 AM local time, tired as a pyramid slave, I can't think much and my reflexes are crap. So yeah, I was doing hi-sec missions. L4s mostly, and I made pretty good ISK. Or so I thought.

At the same time a colleague of mine was plexing in Sansha space. I agree he was playing more than me (average daily session) but man, he was an ISK printing machine. I was making maybe 20-30M/h (too lazy to salvage, no secondary char), he was making probably 300-500M/hour. He was running three accounts, all paid for with PLEX, and had enough to borrow me (read "give") about 1-2 billions/month. I was paying with cash, so I didn't need ISK for PLEX, but I used it to buy fancy ships and whatnot.

Now here's the kicker: he invited me to nullsec and I disliked it. I tended to focus on the job at hand (plexing) and I disregarded local, and so I got caught pants-down more than once. I sucked at it. I sucked at being in nullsec. I wasn't a nullsec dweller, not by a long shot.

So all this discussion about this is more profitable versus that is more profitable leaves out the most important factor of all: the player. Some people simply don't have what it takes for nullsec. Some don't even go very proficient in hi-sec. I'm one of them. I play EVE to relax, to look at my pretty ship firing those pretty rockets or lazorz and I'm happy enough that way. Look down at me if you wish, I don't mind. That's who I am. A tiny speck of dust in EVE, a nice fella outside it.

To me, it does not matter what's more profitable. All that matters if what do you like to do, and nothing else. The last thing I want from EVE is for it to become another job, aka "I have to work my arse off to make enough ISK and keep my account active for one more month". Yuck.

Lies. See the bolded part. That means you took stock of you self instead of blaming the entire universe for what was going on or thinking you had "the one true way" of being. You "get in where you fit in" and that's high sec because you want to play the game to relax.

Who are you and how the $%#% did you get into General Discussion? People with a sense of personal responsibility and mature context are not allowed in here!

/sarcasm
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#555 - 2013-10-23 18:36:26 UTC
Richard Ramlrez wrote:
Truth is you will quit out of boredom trying to get rich through missions, while incursions can get you rich with few hours played a day.

I went from like 50 mil in my wallet after buying a maelstrom for incursions (I'd left the game for a bit due to a change in my work hours). A week later I was flying a mach and buying plexes for my other 3 accounts. High sec incursions are great...until DIN or someone gets ticked of and kills the moms lol.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#556 - 2013-10-23 18:41:41 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Oh mocking... I love a good mocking...

Edit: Just had some lovely guys from Razor do my site for me. That's the awesome thing about EvE you meet so many fantastic people. I decided to let them loot the wreck...

Loot

So you see, another site, right after the last one that drops around 500 mil of loot. Or did I hack that guys account perhaps and type that myself? :)

So someone came in and took your loot, which is random anyways.

No, go sit down somewhere and ask yourself why people who NEED the isk to fund their accounts and to pay for the most expensive habit in EVE (the pvp habit makes being a meth head look cheap in comparison). People who NEED reliable income (right now) and can't screw around with random number generators or Razor alliance dudes with probes.

Answer honestly and you will have figured out why high sec is full null sec alts.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#557 - 2013-10-23 18:52:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Shiva Darksun wrote:

For those interested in the benefits of suv nullsec, like ihub upgrades for ratting/mining and of course lower fuel costs for poses, but are not able to claim and defend sovereignty, please talk to me or another cfc member about our system rental opportunities.

Currently in Period Basis, tucked away nicely in the south, there are still some nice systems your corp might find profitable.

Shiva Darksun
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#558 - 2013-10-23 18:52:51 UTC
Richard Ramlrez wrote:

My goal in EVE is not trying to get rich. it's relaxation and that's all there is to it.
I don't fall into the "Skill Training Online" trap. Not anymore, I don't. I also don't fall for the "make ISK to sustain your addiction" trap (The Sunken Cost Fallacy opened my mind). What I'll do is enjoy EVE the way I see fit until such time comes that I don't enjoy it anymore (it WILL come) and then I'll let my account expire until my will to play again comes back.

Quitting out of boredom is preferred to forcing yourself to do things you didn't like to do in the first place. It's this "least loathed choice" mentality which I dislike. That's actually what the Sunken Cost Fallacy deals with: "I went all this way so I have to continue". No, you don't. It's why I quit Firefall after sinking 175 USD in it. It's why I almost completely stopped playing WoT after sinking close to 1K EUR in it. These are all past costs which don't pay back anymore. I'm not sorry for spending money on those games; they brought me joy for a while, and the money was well spent. That is totally unrelated to the need to spend more. You just stop and do something else; come back when you want.

It's as simple as that :)
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#559 - 2013-10-23 18:55:04 UTC
The more I read about Star Citizen, the less I care about these threads.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#560 - 2013-10-23 18:57:02 UTC
Shiva Darksun wrote:
Richard Ramlrez wrote:

My goal in EVE is not trying to get rich. it's relaxation and that's all there is to it.

Well put.

Can someone invade vfk please