These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

High Sec Income vs Null Sec Income - the reality

First post First post
Author
E-2C Hawkeye
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1221 - 2013-12-24 18:53:18 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:
Any amount of isk earning in complete safety is bad for the game high sec space is the trammel of eve online, however getting fitted for pve in eve online costs significantly more than it did in uo, I could pve with gm crafted stuff, and a silver katana, so the risk of losing gold was not nearly as much.

In eve you need to risk a lot to pve effectively in low security, the problem isn't that high security provides a better income and less incentive to go to null, the problem is that ccp has increased the cost of pve in null in order to earn more money through plex sales.


No the problem is that CCP has nerfed null income repeatedly over the years while it has buffed high sec income while also making high sec safer and null more dangerous. We are now at the point where high sec provides better income and as close to perfect safety as you can get in EVE.

CCP needs to do the same to missions as they have done to PI, exploration and ice mining.

Its that risk vs reward crap you and yours are always spewing. Very little risk in the blue doughnut should net very little reward...but thats not the case is it?
Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1222 - 2013-12-24 19:19:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Falin Whalen
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:
Any amount of isk earning in complete safety is bad for the game high sec space is the trammel of eve online, however getting fitted for pve in eve online costs significantly more than it did in uo, I could pve with gm crafted stuff, and a silver katana, so the risk of losing gold was not nearly as much.

In eve you need to risk a lot to pve effectively in low security, the problem isn't that high security provides a better income and less incentive to go to null, the problem is that ccp has increased the cost of pve in null in order to earn more money through plex sales.


No the problem is that CCP has nerfed null income repeatedly over the years while it has buffed high sec income while also making high sec safer and null more dangerous. We are now at the point where high sec provides better income and as close to perfect safety as you can get in EVE.

CCP needs to do the same to missions as they have done to PI, exploration and ice mining.

Its that risk vs reward crap you and yours are always spewing. Very little risk in the blue doughnut should net very little reward...but thats not the case is it?

There you go with that blue doughnut crap again. I suppose the fighting down south is just a publicity stunt, and no one is blowing up ships, or that inti gangs are roaming around everywhere in low/null. Meanwhile you sit in your NPC corp unable to be war-decked running missions in Highsec where the only worry you have is if your fit is going to attract gankers, but other than that, no worries am I right?
So I should put you down for "F**k you, got mine" then eh?

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1223 - 2013-12-24 19:52:08 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:
Any amount of isk earning in complete safety is bad for the game high sec space is the trammel of eve online, however getting fitted for pve in eve online costs significantly more than it did in uo, I could pve with gm crafted stuff, and a silver katana, so the risk of losing gold was not nearly as much.

In eve you need to risk a lot to pve effectively in low security, the problem isn't that high security provides a better income and less incentive to go to null, the problem is that ccp has increased the cost of pve in null in order to earn more money through plex sales.


No the problem is that CCP has nerfed null income repeatedly over the years while it has buffed high sec income while also making high sec safer and null more dangerous. We are now at the point where high sec provides better income and as close to perfect safety as you can get in EVE.

CCP needs to do the same to missions as they have done to PI, exploration and ice mining.

Its that risk vs reward crap you and yours are always spewing. Very little risk in the blue doughnut should net very little reward...but thats not the case is it?

There you go with that blue doughnut crap again. I suppose the fighting down south is just a publicity stunt, and no one is blowing up ships, or that inti gangs are roaming around everywhere in low/null. Meanwhile you sit in your NPC corp unable to be war-decked running missions in Highsec where the only worry you have is if your fit is going to attract gankers, but other than that, no worries am I right?
So I should put you down for "F**k you, got mine" then eh?

Hahahahha blue donut

n3 exists to destroy the cfc

the mittani's last mistake

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1224 - 2013-12-24 19:55:44 UTC
Maybe your alt posts triumphantly about how 80z% of eve is fighting goons.

maybe you're thinking about the n3pl blue donut, though they're fighting for a nonblue eve

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Good Posting
Doomheim
#1225 - 2013-12-28 12:48:15 UTC
I still don't know where can i make more money. I'm making billions running faction hideaways, do you guys think that i should try with forsaken hubs in null? Are they profitable? Need answers.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1226 - 2013-12-28 13:06:27 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Maybe your alt posts triumphantly about how 80z% of eve is fighting goons.

maybe you're thinking about the n3pl blue donut, though they're fighting for a nonblue eve

How can 80% of EvE be fighting Goons when 70% are in high sec / low / WH?

Is the propaganda machine set to Xtreme
Or does a slowcat's drones multiply the count
Is the dream really over, is the rent overdue
Is your sea of blue nawt but a sea of tears
Perhaps a kindly dev, a node crash, rollback
To calm your Goonish fears?


Sorry I need to take my medication....

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1227 - 2013-12-28 20:42:29 UTC
These threads brighten my day.

I mean think of all the effort spend into creating a 60 page thread that could be better spent towards volunteering at soup kitchens or solving world hunger.

Anyways... The problem is that people in Null think the deserve either more or that everyone else deserves less.

The have this cognitive disconnect that no matter what facts or logic you give them, they find some trumped up reason to negate that point.

Anyways I'm not bothered by it... Its the same logical fallacies that make people think all their success is due to personal hard work and not socio-economic factors that gave them opportunity in the first place.

Its a part of human nature to get mad when you see other people with things. I mean children do it all the time even when they have better things than what the other people have.

They just want more at the expense of other people. And they can't stand other people having anything at all.

Just like little children.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#1228 - 2013-12-28 21:13:56 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Maybe your alt posts triumphantly about how 80z% of eve is fighting goons.

maybe you're thinking about the n3pl blue donut, though they're fighting for a nonblue eve

How can 80% of EvE be fighting Goons when 70% are in high sec / low / WH?

Is the propaganda machine set to Xtreme
Or does a slowcat's drones multiply the count
Is the dream really over, is the rent overdue
Is your sea of blue nawt but a sea of tears
Perhaps a kindly dev, a node crash, rollback
To calm your Goonish fears?


Sorry I need to take my medication....


+1 Superb!

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...