These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So long and thanks for all the bullshit. This will be my last post.

First post
Author
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#81 - 2013-06-24 01:51:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
Freezehunter wrote:
Steve WingYip wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=19901119#ixzz2X5W5JNyg

SNIP

You won't be missed with that attitude. I would expect an 07 character to know better. You knew the risks and you got punished. All this over a ship blowing up. Just makes me laugh.

THIS WAS JUST THE DROP THAT BROKE THE DAM.

CONSIDERING I WAS JUST PLAYING TO CHILL AND WANTED TO HELP PEOPLE BY DOING THEIR COURIERS, EVEN IF THEY HAD **** REWARDS AND HIGH COLLAT, THEN YES, IT FELT LIKE **** WHEN I LOST 2 BILLION FOR TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE. SINCE 2007 I MUST HAVE COMPLETED OVER 6000 CONTRACTS AND NEVER FAILED OR STOLE A SINGLE ONE BEFORE THIS.

THIS IS A GAME THAT PENALIZES GOOD GUYS AND ***** ALL OVER THEM, AND I AM SICK OF CONSTANTLY GETTING THE FINGER AND GETTING BLOWN UP WHEN I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO HELP. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME BS LIKE THIS HAPPENED TO ME, BUT THAT WAS THE LAST STRAW.

I'm with you bro. A month ago I jammed as much tank onto my Merlin as I could and tried hauling 30 PLEX a mere 4 jumps in high sec. This broken games so bad that a gate camp managed to COMPLETELY DESTROY my Merlin even though I fit TANK and, honestly, I think I also expected those 30 PLEX to make my shields stronger too. Not sure why that didn't wo--OH YEAH I AM IT'S BECAUSE THIS GAME IS BROKEN.

I'll come join you in Star Citizen, comrade. And I'll never play EVE again unless and until they fix the design flaw that 1) prevents the value of your cargo from dramatically increasing all aspects of your ship tank, and 2) prevents CONCORD from casting a bubble of protection around your ship whenever it is getting shot at. At least if your cargo is more expensive than the ship that is shooting at you.

I am not an alt of Chribba.

Tumahub
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2013-06-24 01:52:08 UTC
But seriously, who trusts a mammoth?

They're extinct.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#83 - 2013-06-24 01:53:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Freezehunter wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Fast aligning T1 hauler, now that's an oxymoron that's right up there with Military Intelligence and Microsoft Works.

NOT REALLY MAN, IT DID ACTUALLY ALIGN VERY FAST, IT WAS USUALLY IN WARP BEFORE IT FULLY DECLOAKED.

You do realise that the cloak effect is purely cosmetic once you start to align? You appeared on the overview the instant you started to move.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

QuakeGod
Empire Manufacturing
#84 - 2013-06-24 01:54:08 UTC  |  Edited by: QuakeGod
Like I said before, should have used an Orca. They aren't just for mining support.

Yes they are slow and don't align fast at all, but there's no way anything less than a fleet is going to pop you in a 1.0 system, or any other high-sec security system for that matter.

21k EHP on that hauler of yours vs 300K + EHP on an Orca. You should have known better.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#85 - 2013-06-24 01:54:32 UTC

I have to say that this is one of the best threads I have read lately.

First of all, I sincerely hope that Villq, the player who got you (who has played for less than a year and has been in an NPC corp for 4 months, set this contract up for you to grab.

I logged in tonight just so that I could give up a 100m tip and thanked him helping to make Eve what it is. I strongly suggest everyone else reading this to do the same!

Good luck in that game you speak of. I hear Goons will be there!

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Freezehunter
#86 - 2013-06-24 01:54:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
MunnyRabbit wrote:
2 billion collateral for 3.5 million?

The risk reward there doesn't make much sense man. This was an obvious trap set by people looking for people exactly with your mentality. There are bad people in the world lol.

Sucks you lost all of your stuff and all. I personally would not of done that.

Good luck wherever you go.

THANKS!

CONSIDERING IT WAS ONLY FOR 5 SIMPLE HIGH SEC JUMPS, AND I WAS IN A TANKED, MANUALLY FLOWN, FAST ALIGN SHIP, I THOUGHT THE RISK/REWARD WAS GOOD, IF IT WASN'T FOR AN OVERPOWERED SHIP THAT CAN INSTAKILL AND INSTALOCK **** WHEN FLOWN BY 2 MONTH OLD CHARACTERS.

BEFORE I LOST THAT I HAD DONE 3 CONTRACTS WITH BETWEEN 600 MIL AND 3 BILLION COLLAT AND 20 MIL REWARDS AT ONCE WITH NO PROBLEM. LITERALLY JUST 10 MINUTES BEFORE.

ALSO, FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I EVER GOT SUICIDE GANKED SINCE I STARTED IN FEBRUARY 2007.

i NEVER GOT SUICIDE GANKED BECAUSE I ALWAYS FLEW IN PROPER TANKED SHIPS. FOR THE LONGEST TIME I FLEW INA 6 BILLION ISK MACHARIEL IN HIGH SEC NO PROBLEM, AND NOT A ******* THING HAPPENED, EXCEPT FOR THIS BULLSHIT. IT'S GOOD THAT THIS HAPPENED, I WAS GETTING REALLY SICK OF EVE OVER THE PAST YEAR ANYWAY.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Steve WingYip
Doomheim
#87 - 2013-06-24 01:56:23 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
Steve WingYip wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:

SNIP

You won't be missed with that attitude. I would expect an 07 character to know better. You knew the risks and you got punished. All this over a ship blowing up. Just makes me laugh.

CONSIDERING I WAS JUST PLAYING TO CHILL AND WANTED TO HELP PEOPLE BY DOING THEIR COURIERS, EVEN IF THEY HAD **** REWARDS AND HIGH COLLAT, THEN YES, IT FELT LIKE **** WHEN I LOST 2 BILLION FOR TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE. SINCE 2007 I MUST HAVE COMPLETED OVER 6000 CONTRACTS AND NEVER FAILED OR STOLE A SINGLE ONE BEFORE THIS.

THIS IS A GAME THAT PENALIZES GOOD GUYS AND ***** ALL OVER THEM, AND I AM SICK OF CONSTANTLY GETTING THE FINGER AND GETTING BLOWN UP WHEN I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO HELP. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME BS LIKE THIS HAPPENED TO ME, BUT THAT WAS THE LAST STRAW.

You need to calm down and see why you died. It was careless. You also are making up lies to justify the death. If you warped to 0 and jumped, the tornado could not have locked you. I am pretty sure you auto piloted or something. And let's say you did not. There is a RISK in this game, and NOTHING is safe. As a 07 player you should know this.

I understand why you are angry, but acting like this on the forums is creating no good at all.
Freezehunter
#88 - 2013-06-24 01:57:23 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

First of all, I sincerely hope that Villq, the player who got you (who has played for less than a year and has been in an NPC corp for 4 months, set this contract up for you to grab.

I logged in tonight just so that I could give up a 100m tip and thanked him helping to make Eve what it is. I strongly suggest everyone else reading this to do the same!

GOOD, I LOVE GOONS.

Sir Mack Inawrex
NEW ORDER DEATH DEALERS
#89 - 2013-06-24 01:58:19 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
Sir Mack Inawrex wrote:
So, just because your ship had a tank on it means it should be indestructible? Of course, the answer should be "no".

This game, as I'm sure you're aware revolves around the concept of risk versus reward. You risked 2 billion credits undocking with that cargo but for some reason, felt that 21kEHP was sufficient to protect it.

YEAH MAN, BUT CONSIDERING THAT I WAS IN A TANKED, FAST ALIGN SHIP, WAS MANUALLY FLYING, AND ONLY HAD A 5 JUMP TRIP THROUGH OVER 0.8 SEC EMPIRE, I WAS NOT EXPECTING TO GET ******* INSTAPOPPED BY A BULLSHIT CHEAP AND EASY TO FLY YET OP AS **** SHIP.

THAT IS THE THING THAT PISSED ME OFF.

That's your problem, not anyone else's, nor the game's. Your ship was not good enough for the job you expected it to perform. It could not align fast enough, it could not hold enough buffer tank. There was literally no fit and no practice you could perform in space to provide adequate protection for your cargo.

I should also mention that your claims don't add up, not given the information available on BattleClinic. Supposedly, Villq dealt only ~7k damage, despite your claim of a 21kEHP tank. Looking at the numbers on EFT, there's no way 7,000 damage could destroy your ship if both your adaptive invulnerability fields and DCU were running. It looks to me like you forgot to activate your modules when you tried to align and that Villq took advantage of the hole in your EM resist.

The fact of the matter is you screwed up and you've no one to blame but yourself. I've lost ships doing stupid things, but I made sure they were losses I could afford and I made sure I learned from them. Do yourself a favour and learn from your 2billion ISK mistake.

"…but now only one beacon of light survives.  A stubborn world that dared to defy Mintchip, Lord of the Lollipops."

Steve WingYip
Doomheim
#90 - 2013-06-24 01:58:28 UTC
I can see you're clearly leaving, so good luck. But you may find that you end up missing the game. I suggest you delete your posts and just deactivate the account for now, then at least you have it for the future. The anger you have now is just chemicals in your brain and they will go away and you'll be yourself again!

Don't make instant massive decisions that can get you in trouble and you may regret.
Smartbombing Whoree
Doomheim
#91 - 2013-06-24 01:58:40 UTC
Quote:
CONSIDERING IT WAS ONLY FOR 5 SIMPLE HIGH SEC JUMPS, AND I WAS IN A TANKED, MANUALLY FLOWN, FAST ALIGN SHIP
CONSIDERING IT WAS ONLY FOR 5 SIMPLE HIGH SEC JUMPS, AND I WAS IN A TANKED, MANUALLY FLOWN, FAST ALIGN SHIP

M8888888888888888

U not understand what fast align is?
Freezehunter
#92 - 2013-06-24 01:58:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
Steve WingYip wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
Steve WingYip wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:

SNIP

You need to calm down and see why you died. It was careless. You also are making up lies to justify the death. If you warped to 0 and jumped, the tornado could not have locked you. I am pretty sure you auto piloted or something. And let's say you did not. There is a RISK in this game, and NOTHING is safe. As a 07 player you should know this.

I understand why you are angry, but acting like this on the forums is creating no good at all.

I GOT SCANNED AS I ENTERED THE SYSTEM AND WARPED.GOT BLOWN UP BEFORE I JUMPED AT THE NEXT GATE. IT LITERALLY TOOK 1 SECOND AFTER I LANDED, I AM NOT LYING ABOUT ****, THAT IS WHY I GOT PISSED OFF ENOUGH TO QUIT FOREVER, I LITERALLY TOOK EVERY ******* REASONABLE PRECAUTION FOR THIS KIND OF **** TO NOT HAPPEN AND IT STILL HAPPENED.

MANUALLY PILOTED, WARPED TO ZERO, FAST ALIGN, TANKED SHIP, WHAT ******* MORE WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO FOR A ****** 1000 M3, 5 EMPIRE +0.8 JUMP COURIER CONTRACT?

I DID NOTHING WRONG, THE GAME IS BALANCED LIKE **** AND MECHANICS ARE ****, DON'T BLAME THE PLAYERS FOR CRAP GAME MECHANICS LIKE GATE CAMPING AND SHIPS THAT CAN INSTALOCK AND DO 6000+DAMAGE IN ONE HIT. SO GLAD THAT STAR CITIZEN WILL NOT HAVE GATE CAMPING, THEY SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT.

ALSO, THAT ************ HAS A SS OF -1.8, THAT ****** SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO BE IN A ******* 1.0 SYSTEM. AND THEY RECENTLY MADE IT EASIER FOR THESE GRIEFING ASSHOLES TO GET IN HIGHSEC WITHT HE TAG FOR SS CRAP, SO GOOD RIDDANCE. IT'S LIKE THEY ******* WANT PEOPLE TO LOSE **** LEFT AND RIGHT. WELL YOU KNOW WHAT, I CHOOSE HOW I ******* WANT TO PLAY THE GAME, NOT THE DEVELOPER, IF THEY WANT TO CHOOSE THEN THEY CAN DO IT TO WHOEVER THE **** ACCEPTS THAT CRAP, NOT ME, I'VE HAD IT.

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#93 - 2013-06-24 02:00:21 UTC
Eve is not a game about being nice. If you paid a high collateral for a shipment from Jita then you fell for one of the more common scams. How long have you been playing and you didn't know about that one? This is a joke right?
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#94 - 2013-06-24 02:01:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
Freezehunter wrote:

THAT'S THE THING DUDE, I AM SICK OF BEING "PUNISHED" FOR TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE, AS I'VE SAID BEFORE, THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENED.

I AM A GAMER AND HAVE BEEN SINCE THE EARLY '90S, I PLAY GAMES TO HAVE FUN AND HELP PEOPLE, DEPENDING ONT HE GAME, NOT GET SHAT ON CONSTANTLY BY GRIEFING DOUCHEBAGS.

IT'S OK THOUGH, I HAVE 600+ OTHER GAMES TO CHOOSE FROM.

Another true story: a little old lady was trying to cross Interstate 90 in Montana the other day (75 mile per hour speed limit, three lanes each way, no cross walk, concrete barrier between eastbound and westbound traffic, and it was dark). Seems stupid, but all I wanted to do was help, so I pulled over and told her that I would hold her hand and walk her across six lanes of traffic.

Stupid semi slammed right into me two lanes in (only four to go) EVEN THOUGH I held my hand up to try and get him to stop AND was almost dragging that old lady as fast as I could. Talk about bull **** right there. Now I will never walk again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are totally justified in feeling the way you do, and also maybe nerf semi trucks.

Arch Stanton's Neighbour
Forceful Resource Acquisition Inc
#95 - 2013-06-24 02:01:25 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
CONSIDERING I WAS JUST PLAYING TO CHILL AND WANTED TO HELP PEOPLE

CCP pay attention to this new game feature: flag that makes people invulnerable when they are playing the game just to chill.
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#96 - 2013-06-24 02:05:01 UTC
Steve WingYip wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
Steve WingYip wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:

SNIP

He's creating a ton of good by posting. If even one new pilot reads this and realizes how stupid it is to haul billions worth of cargo in a T1 ship, that means a lesson was learned (and EVE shed some dead weight in the process).

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#97 - 2013-06-24 02:06:33 UTC
This is what a rage quit looks like.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Johan Toralen
IIIJIIIITIIII
#98 - 2013-06-24 02:07:18 UTC
Gave Op a like for comedy value.
Sir Mack Inawrex
NEW ORDER DEATH DEALERS
#99 - 2013-06-24 02:07:20 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
MANUALLY PILOTED, WARPED TO ZERO, FAST ALIGN, TANKED SHIP, WHAT ******* MORE WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO FOR A ****** 1000 M3, 5 EMPIRE +0.8 JUMP COURIER CONTRACT?

Fly in an tanked Orca, not a tanked Mammoth.

Quote:
I DID NOTHING WRONG

Yes, you did. 21kEHP to protect 2 billion ISK in any part of the game, even 1.0 HiSec is a bad decision.

"…but now only one beacon of light survives.  A stubborn world that dared to defy Mintchip, Lord of the Lollipops."

Freezehunter
#100 - 2013-06-24 02:07:58 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

COOL, YOU DO THAT AND ENCOURAGE MORE OF THIS BULLSHIT AND ONE DAY YOU'LL JUST SCRATCH YOUR HEAD WONDERING WHERE THE **** EVERYONE BUT THE SCAMMERS AND GRIEFERS WENT AND WHY CCP WENT BANKRUPT.