These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

If null sec is so bad Why the heck do you live there?????

First post
Author
Lord Calus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#121 - 2012-12-19 22:02:02 UTC
Tara Read wrote:
Lord Calus wrote:
Tara Read wrote:
Ignorant words about how Nullsec works.

It is painfully obvious from this that you have never been to 0.0. Your information comes solely from EN24 and the forums.

Supers don't get dropped on people. Actually, supers get dropped OCCASIONALLY on carriers and dreads, and maybe kinda sorta possibly on other supers.

The only function of a super carrier now is to shoot structures. POS guns, POCOs, IHUBs and stations. That is it.

The only function of a titan now is to shoot the above, the POS itself, and to bridge duders.

Don't try and profess knowledge you do not have, it makes you look silly.

Qualifier: The outlying r-tards who rat, mine, and gatecamp in titans are not included in the above.

Supers don't get dropped on people? I beg to differ my friend. http://evefusion.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=7219/

You can claim or twist whatever you like but the current state of Null creates a mindset of if you can't beat them join them. It's really quite simplistic and who would complain? if you held the majority of wealth in New Eden of course you'd want nothing to challenge it. That may not seem like an issue except with the current state of the game it is literally ruining the rest of the game around you for others.

First, I'm not your friend pal.

Second, see the point I posted. Here, I'll post it again. Actually, supers get dropped OCCASIONALLY on carriers and dreads .... See, that bit is important. If someone is derping around being stupid with 5 unsupported dreads/carriers from a no-name alliance/corp/whatever then they are probably going to get dropped by SOMETHING. And yeah, PL does that a lot.
Tara Read
Doomheim
#122 - 2012-12-19 23:41:54 UTC
Lord Calus wrote:
Tara Read wrote:
Lord Calus wrote:
Tara Read wrote:
Ignorant words about how Nullsec works.

It is painfully obvious from this that you have never been to 0.0. Your information comes solely from EN24 and the forums.

Supers don't get dropped on people. Actually, supers get dropped OCCASIONALLY on carriers and dreads, and maybe kinda sorta possibly on other supers.

The only function of a super carrier now is to shoot structures. POS guns, POCOs, IHUBs and stations. That is it.

The only function of a titan now is to shoot the above, the POS itself, and to bridge duders.

Don't try and profess knowledge you do not have, it makes you look silly.

Qualifier: The outlying r-tards who rat, mine, and gatecamp in titans are not included in the above.

Supers don't get dropped on people? I beg to differ my friend. http://evefusion.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=7219/

You can claim or twist whatever you like but the current state of Null creates a mindset of if you can't beat them join them. It's really quite simplistic and who would complain? if you held the majority of wealth in New Eden of course you'd want nothing to challenge it. That may not seem like an issue except with the current state of the game it is literally ruining the rest of the game around you for others.

First, I'm not your friend pal.

Second, see the point I posted. Here, I'll post it again. Actually, supers get dropped OCCASIONALLY on carriers and dreads .... See, that bit is important. If someone is derping around being stupid with 5 unsupported dreads/carriers from a no-name alliance/corp/whatever then they are probably going to get dropped by SOMETHING. And yeah, PL does that a lot.

So edgy! I thought we were Eve pen pals. And again wrong. Capitals are not just dropped on other capitals so stop trying to make it sound like they are exclusive to each other. Capitals are dropped in support of sub cap fleets all the time.
ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#123 - 2012-12-20 00:10:55 UTC
Thread cleaned up a touch.

Folks, I know this is a touchy subject for all viewpoints but please try and express your points constructively without resorting to personal attacks and trolling.

Thanks.

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Santiago Fahahrri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#124 - 2012-12-20 00:28:09 UTC
I live in Null for freedom.

The arbitrary and strange rules of Empire space are slave-chains in the guise of "safety".
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#125 - 2012-12-20 00:34:54 UTC
Shepard Wong Ogeko wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Ana Vyr wrote:
A few years back I joined an alliance corp and went out to live in nullsec. I hated it, to be honest. I felt like a slave, and fleet fights were not as exciting as I imagined they would be.

Shrug, to each his own. It did appear as if the fleet commanders and leaders were having fun there.

Nullsec corps & alliances that make you feel like a slave are terrible anyway & they make the rest of us look bad.

This needs repeating and is a good example of the effect player driven content has on nullsec.

Just like the real world, Eve has some terribly run corporations. You can easily get yourself into a nullsec corp run by slave drivers and embezzlers and just plain jerks. Some let members do as they please and rely on genuine comradery to motivate people to come to the aid of the alliance. And there are all sorts of variations in between.

While I don't really promote the idea of corporations being run terribly, it does ad flavor to nullsec life. You can roleplay in highsec about how the Amarr are slave driving totalitarians, but out in nullsec you can shoot at actual people who are genuine slave driving totalitarians.

Yes, it's so satisfying to shoot at terrible people, and sometimes you even get to hear their comm leaks.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Tara Read
Doomheim
#126 - 2012-12-20 01:40:46 UTC
Santiago Fahahrri wrote:

The arbitrary and strange rules of Empire space are slave-chains in the guise of "safety".

I find your view terribly ironic calling Null sec any definiton of freedom. You must pay homage to the masters whom control it. You must interact, associate and fly with these people. No sir Null Sec is not a definition of freedom when one must "rent" space or be a pet of a bigger entity.

Of course our views may be different to what defines freedom in Eve. The very basic foundation of the game gives choice. However I find the controling aspect of null sec a hinderance to player freedom. You are forced to a degree to abide by the rules they set or suffer the consequences.

My definition of freedom in Eve is I am my own master. I don't pay tribute to those whom demand it simply because the alliances name may be plastered on a given system. And that I think is what gives players in these alliance a false sense of entitlement let alone security.

The attitudes they have reek of arrogance which is quite a shame. There is so much to learn in Eve, so much to draw from experiences and lessons. A shame ignorance is truly bliss.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#127 - 2012-12-20 01:44:40 UTC
Tara Read wrote:
Santiago Fahahrri wrote:

I find your view terribly ironic calling Null sec any definiton of freedom. You must pay homage to the masters whom control it. You must interact, associate and fly with these people. No sir Null Sec is not a definition of freedom when one must "rent" space or be a pet of a bigger entity.

Yeah, no. We've been over this.
Mallak Azaria wrote:

Nullsec corps & alliances that make you feel like a slave are terrible anyway & they make the rest of us look bad.

This needs repeating and is a good example of the effect player driven content has on nullsec.

Just like the real world, Eve has some terribly run corporations. You can easily get yourself into a nullsec corp run by slave drivers and embezzlers and just plain jerks. Some let members do as they please and rely on genuine comradery to motivate people to come to the aid of the alliance. And there are all sorts of variations in between.

While I don't really promote the idea of corporations being run terribly, it does ad flavor to nullsec life. You can roleplay in highsec about how the Amarr are slave driving totalitarians, but out in nullsec you can shoot at actual people who are genuine slave driving totalitarians.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Santiago Fahahrri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#128 - 2012-12-20 01:56:39 UTC
Tara Read wrote:
Santiago Fahahrri wrote:

Of course our views may be different to what defines freedom in Eve. The very basic foundation of the game gives choice. However I find the controling aspect of null sec a hinderance to player freedom. You are forced to a degree to abide by the rules they set or suffer the consequences.

My definition of freedom in Eve is I am my own master. I don't pay tribute to those whom demand it simply because the alliances name may be plastered on a given system. And that I think is what gives players in these alliance a false sense of entitlement let alone security.

The attitudes they have reek of arrogance which is quite a shame. There is so much to learn in Eve, so much to draw from experiences and lessons. A shame ignorance is truly bliss.

I do not pay homage to any group, nor acknowledge the control of any system. I interact when I choose, on my terms. I have never paid "rent". I care no more for the wishes of alliances then I do for the Empires. I have lived in null, almost exclusively, for almost all of my piloting career.

The way you think things must be is not the path I walk.

Null gives me the freedom to make these choices.
Tara Read
Doomheim
#129 - 2012-12-20 01:57:04 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Tara Read wrote:
Santiago Fahahrri wrote:

Yeah, no. We've been over this.
Mallak Azaria wrote:

Are you indeed denying that smaller bandsof players do not pay rent to just live in scraps you toss at them? See this is where we will vehemently disagree. You see profit. I see control. You see Titan Bridges as tools. I see them as game breaking to move an entire fleet from one edge of New Eden to the other in short order.

Like it or not there are those of us whom see Null Sec as a poision choking this game to no end. Everything from the massive market manipulation and escelating inflation to the mundane combat that is "fleet doctrine" which is touted as cutting edge and insightful.

The few control the many. Look at Tribal Band's recent coup to a dictatorship in order to preservre it's pet status with TEST. In desperation they consolidated power out of fear of being torn from the inside. Not out of necessisty of a so called Alliance but because if they did split TEST would have let the two sides fight it out then come in to squash whatever side remained.

But who am I kidding. You and other like minded people blinded by delusions that you actually contribute to something in Eve will sit here and defend the current state of Eve until the plug is pulled as long as you keep what is yours.
Tara Read
Doomheim
#130 - 2012-12-20 01:58:21 UTC
Santiago Fahahrri wrote:
Tara Read wrote:
Santiago Fahahrri wrote:

I do not pay homage to any group, nor acknowledge the control of any system. I interact when I choose, on my terms. I have never paid "rent". I care no more for the wishes of alliances then I do for the Empires. I have lived in null, almost exclusively, for almost all of my piloting career.

Then you are the excepton and you have my respect.
Santiago Fahahrri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2012-12-20 02:14:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Santiago Fahahrri
Santiago Fahahrri wrote:

Tara Read wrote:

Then you are the excepton and you have my respect.

I would see more pilots enjoy the freedom of Null. I would see more recognize the hollow "authority" of the alliances and grasp their own freedom in the vast expanse of space beyond the reach of the empires.

Edit comment: I'm also very old school 0.0. I "grew up" in a galaxy with no Titan Bridges, no Jump Drives, etc. I flew scout for freighter runs through 0.0 when it was the only way to move mass amounts of material. I despise the effect jump drives have had on my free space.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#132 - 2012-12-20 03:10:55 UTC
Tara Read wrote:
So edgy! I thought we were Eve pen pals. And again wrong. Capitals are not just dropped on other capitals so stop trying to make it sound like they are exclusive to each other. Capitals are dropped in support of sub cap fleets all the time.

I should have sold motorized goalposts this holiday season, they seem to be selling really well...

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Tara Read
Doomheim
#133 - 2012-12-20 03:18:56 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Tara Read wrote:

I should have sold motorized goalposts this holiday season, they seem to be selling really well...

Or you can just sell them in Jita on contract. Very good deal yes?
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#134 - 2012-12-20 03:22:36 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Tara Read wrote:

I think people already maniped them up and are dumping.

Ocih
Space Mermaids
Somethin Awfull Forums
#135 - 2012-12-20 03:39:04 UTC
Null is I think for the first time in semi good shape. Perhaps if GSF had a little self control it could actually be even half fun to be there.

I'm not judging Goons or their Blues. I'm not hating on them. I just think they need to allow an opponent that might be formidable one day to seed. Back away from -A- and back away from what's left of Raiden. Let them rebuild. Do like -A- did with CVA. Allow them to return and grow. We all know that if -A- had wanted to they could have kept CVA and the NRDS Bloc in Mamet and Misaba and there wouldn't have been much CVA and her Allies could do about it. They chose to step back and all Provi is CVA Bloc again. Many alliances go there for pew pew. They understand the role of diversity in Null.

There is a responsibility in being a super power. Give credit where it is due, GSF is an EVE Super Power. When they show restraint and allow conflict to happen and they respect the breaking point of their "enemy" EVE Null sec will be vibrant again. As long as its about mass extinction, total annihilation it is just going to be the same old same old.
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#136 - 2012-12-20 03:48:42 UTC
Ocih wrote:
Null is I think...

Par for the course of terrible posts from you.

-A- was the only alliance in recent history, if not the entirety of Eve history, to grind CVA out of Provi; all 60 stations for more or less no reason in the grand strategic game. CVA and holders then slowly clawed it back every time they could when the dominant power blocs were looking the other way, such as -A-'s annual retreats to Stain.

Raiden is currently a member of the HBC, and is active in the conquest of Esoteria; pretty much as far from Goons as one can possibly be.

Stop posting forever.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

SaKoil
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#137 - 2012-12-20 03:54:51 UTC
Ocih wrote:
Null is I think for the first time in semi good shape. Perhaps if GSF had a little self control it could actually be even half fun to be there.

I'm not judging Goons or their Blues. I'm not hating on them. I just think they need to allow an opponent that might be formidable one day to seed. Back away from -A- and back away from what's left of Raiden. Let them rebuild. Do like -A- did with CVA. Allow them to return and grow. We all know that if -A- had wanted to they could have kept CVA and the NRDS Bloc in Mamet and Misaba and there wouldn't have been much CVA and her Allies could do about it. They chose to step back and all Provi is CVA Bloc again. Many alliances go there for pew pew. They understand the role of diversity in Null.

There is a responsibility in being a super power. Give credit where it is due, GSF is an EVE Super Power. When they show restraint and allow conflict to happen and they respect the breaking point of their "enemy" EVE Null sec will be vibrant again. As long as its about mass extinction, total annihilation it is just going to be the same old same old.

-A- and their way of keeping and treating their pets should be purged from null. They and their kind are the reason for many of these bitter "I was in null and I hated it" tears.
Snow Axe
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#138 - 2012-12-20 03:58:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Snow Axe
Ocih wrote:
I'm not judging Goons or their Blues. I'm not hating on them. I just think they need to allow an opponent that might be formidable one day to seed.

You mean like say, TEST doing their own thing while maintaining enough diplo standings to leave each other be?

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#139 - 2012-12-20 04:36:47 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
Ocih wrote:
I'm not judging Goons or their Blues. I'm not hating on them. I just think they need to allow an opponent that might be formidable one day to seed.

You mean like say, TEST doing their own thing while maintaining enough diplo standings to leave each other be?

When was TEST on Goons overview?
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#140 - 2012-12-20 04:44:25 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Snow Axe wrote:
Ocih wrote:

When was TEST on Goons overview?

lol

Enjoying the rain today? ;)