These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
First pagePrevious page8910

If null sec is so bad Why the heck do you live there?????

First post
Author
Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#181 - 2012-12-21 18:15:34 UTC
ihcn wrote:
For those that are responding seriosly to this topic: There's a reason the OP made this thread with a NPC corp alt.

I only speak on these forums with this alt...PERIOD.

I am a high sec dweller with my eyes on something new. I created this topic because I really wanna know what some people feel null has to offer. AND amongst the rubbish like your post I have learned quite a bit.

Thanks to the folks who replied on topic. I really appreciate your opinions.

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Dank Man
#182 - 2012-12-21 18:29:25 UTC
I don't to live in nullsec because null requires you to play politics, which tends to mean, welcome to your new blue list of 10,000 people you can now not shoot, and here are all the areas with have NIPs with, so don't count on big battles with them. Now hopefully we can survive long enough to build some capitals before another bigger alliance comes and snuffs us out.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#183 - 2012-12-22 10:13:09 UTC
Dank Man wrote:
I don't to live in nullsec because null requires you to play politics, which tends to mean, welcome to your new blue list of 10,000 people you can now not shoot, and here are all the areas with have NIPs with, so don't count on big battles with them. Now hopefully we can survive long enough to build some capitals before another bigger alliance comes and snuffs us out.

You don't have to play politics. You can easily let other people worry about the politics. You do, however, have to participate. I find that this is what most newcomers to null find hard to grasp - the transition from single player EVE to multi-player EVE.

Who we're blue with this month compared to who we were blue with last month is completely irrelevant to everyone except those who actually want to play the political meta-game. No "side" is better than another side. The guy you're shooting at today could be your best friend tomorrow. And vice versa.

But be it nullsec or high sec there is always someone bigger and better than you. Be it either some corp that wardecs you and drives you out of high sec, or some gankers who have figured out a new exploit to trick you out of your mission loot or ship, or simply make your life miserable by out-mining you or out 0.1 isking you. There is no way to shield yourself completely from the "multi-player" part of EVE, even in high sec.

At least in nullsec I can have some say in the direction of my game experience.
Daimon Kaiera
CSR Civil Guard
Citizen's Star Republic
#184 - 2012-12-22 10:21:27 UTC
After living in nullsec for the last two days, I now see why everyone complains about it.

.... . .-.. .--. / .. / .... .- ...- . / ..-. .- .-.. .-.. . -. / .- -. -.. / .. / -.-. .- -. -. --- - / --. . - / ..- .--. / ... - --- .--. - .... .. ... / ... .. --. -. .- - ..- .-. . / .. -.. . .- / .. ... / -. --- - / ... - --- .-.. . -. / ... - --- .--.

First pagePrevious page8910