These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Retribution 1.0 Feedback

First post
Author
Toi Algaert
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#621 - 2012-12-05 17:16:05 UTC
So are any of the DEV's going to comment about the drone issue or are they going to just keep ignoring the issue ?
Korinne
The Partisan Brigade
#622 - 2012-12-05 17:17:17 UTC
Alice Katsuko wrote:
On the whole, this is a wonderful patch. Was shooting a tower yesterday, and the ominous music was rather interesting. And folk sounded rather impressed by the explosion.

Decent graphics and music buffs do not a good winter expansion make.
Korinne
The Partisan Brigade
#623 - 2012-12-05 17:17:46 UTC
Toi Algaert wrote:
So are any of the DEV's going to comment about the drone issue or are they going to just keep ignoring the issue ?

It is working as intended!!!!
Oraac Ensor
#624 - 2012-12-05 17:18:50 UTC
Dear CCP,

Please:

1. Give us the ability to switch the in-game music off/on, but exclude the login music from that function.

2. Get rid of

a) that mega-horrible 'Bang!!!' every time a wreck is salvaged.

b) the super-rapid flickering 'Locked' on asteroid target markers.

3. Reduce the diameter of all target markers/icons to no more than 70% of their present size.

4. If my cargohold is open when I dock, keep it open - like before the patch.

5. Tell me how to stop cans opening in a separate window - I have enough clutter on my screen without unwanted windows appearing.
Riazal
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#625 - 2012-12-05 17:18:54 UTC
Toi Algaert wrote:

^^^^^^^^

think there more concerned about the jukebox
CCP Arrow
C C P
C C P Alliance
#626 - 2012-12-05 17:19:13 UTC
Valeria Katrina wrote:
Would you be willing to compromise and let the mousewheel work for the amount input window while the pointer was anywhere over the window that the control is in? ( The small "Modify order" window )

We are updating the mechanic in our next client patch (going out tomorrow). The new mechanic will be as follows:

In the case of windows like the Market order window, the focus will be on the input field that is selected by default, and as long as the user has his mouse inside the window itself he can use the scroll wheel to change the value.

This means you don't have to move the mouse inside the input field itself anymore, just inside the window and you don't need to click the input field because the field is already in focus.

If there are more than one input fields in the window, you will need to select the input field you want to modify if it is not the default one and therefore not in focus when you first open the window. Once the input field you want to modify is in focus you can use the scroll wheel while the mouse is within the window itself.

This will make the area you can use for the input field of choice much larger and should eliminate the issue players are having with this specific use case.

CCP Arrow   |   Director of User Experience   |   EVE Online   |   @CCP_Arrow

Arch Convivitor
Tempest Freelancers
#627 - 2012-12-05 17:24:01 UTC
While there are many good things in this patch,
I just want to make sure I am complaining loudly enough about the sounds.

Some of the new sounds I like - but others are just horrendous.

That high-pitched whine activation sound is the worst offender.

Am currently playing with sounds very low - just barely audible.
I hate to say it, but that one sound may be a game-breaker.

Korinne
The Partisan Brigade
#628 - 2012-12-05 17:24:04 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:
Dear CCP,

Please:

1. Give us the ability to switch the in-game music off/on, but exclude the login music from that function.

2. Get rid of

a) that mega-horrible 'Bang!!!' every time a wreck is salvaged.

b) the super-rapid flickering 'Locked' on asteroid target markers.

3. Reduce the diameter of all target markers/icons to no more than 70% of their present size.

4. If my cargohold is open when I dock, keep it open - like before the patch.

5. Tell me how to stop cans opening in a separate window - I have enough clutter on my screen without unwanted windows appearing.

That suggestion smacks of customization, and we all know CCP hates customization.
Jaiimez Skor
The Infamous.
#629 - 2012-12-05 17:24:47 UTC
Oh I am loving the tears, as I don't fly drone boats I havn't experienced the AI's hatred of drones, but definitely agree if it is as bad it does need investigating because it will make all drone boats obsolete.

The major thing that is bugging me about the new patch as well as quite a few others especially people in lowsec, is that the safety isn't stored between session change, i'm sure this was intentional but is annoying to have to change your safety everytime you jump a gate or dock up at a station in lowsec. I personally feel this could be improved by allowing people to select partial safety and have it stay as such through session changes, and even relogs. Sure if you turn safety off totally have it reset, since only time it needs to be fully off is to suicide gank someone, but for pirates and highsec griefers it's just a pain in the ass changing it to partial constantly.
Adria Origin
Yar Har Fiddle Di Dee
#630 - 2012-12-05 17:24:50 UTC
Quote:
An issue that has been resolved which caused the 'Track Selected Item' camera mode to stop tracking when entering warp or after using the Jump/Dock/Activate key binding

Still broken for me (when entering warp).
Toi Algaert
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#631 - 2012-12-05 17:26:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Toi Algaert
Korinne wrote:
Toi Algaert wrote:

if you mean by screwing over people who have bought and trained for ship builds that use drones as there main damage dealer's or to get out of situtations when a frig is orbting them with a scram and theres nothing you can do when your drones get smeared over space the instant they deploy they are working as intended...

Can i now have my skill points back and isk... iiiiaaaaaa think not.

So come on dev put me right or explain to me how im wrong.
Syri Taneka
NOVA-CAINE
#632 - 2012-12-05 17:27:45 UTC
Sibius Aidon wrote:
The flags are the dumbest thing I've seen. I can understand the flag that delays a safe log out in space if you're really that lazy to dock at the nearest station, but the weapons timer? Come on. So, if you are gate camped and trying to escape, now you gotta jump around and hope you don't get shot at by someone else while trying to survive the 60 second timer.

Overall, I'd say the expansion is an EPIC fail besides the new ships changes.

As long as you don't aggress, you're golden. Weapons timer (the 60 second stuck-in-space thing) only comes into play when YOU perform a hostile action. The 15 minute 'you can't log off safely' timer is also not new, just more obvious now.

Not being able to safely log over NPC aggro is a mild cause for concern, but shouldn't be a game breaker.
CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#633 - 2012-12-05 17:34:08 UTC
Quickly coming here to let you guys know the reports mentioning NPCs using tracking disruption too often are being looked at.
Korinne
The Partisan Brigade
#634 - 2012-12-05 17:35:54 UTC
Toi Algaert wrote:
Korinne wrote:
Toi Algaert wrote:

if you mean by screwing over people who have bought and trained for ship builds that use drones as there main damage dealer's or to get out of situtations when a frig is orbting them with a scram and theres nothing you can do when your drones get smeared over space the instant they deploy they are working as intended...

Can i now have my skill points back and isk... iiiiaaaaaa think not.

So come on dev put me right or explain to me how im wrong.

Yep that sounds about right, CCP once again working as intended.
Jose Montalvo
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#635 - 2012-12-05 17:35:59 UTC
CCP superb job in the new expansion, the majority of the improvements are excelent but there's always room for improvement. Can i make the suggestion for keeping the respective ecm capabilities of the NPC's according to there regions and faction but instead of been perma cycles all the time, example been perma tracking disrupted by sansha npc's within sansha space all the time ,make it random as it was before but keeping the parameters of the new AI. The idea is to make it challenging for us to adquire ISK by ratting or missioning but not make it impossible if you're using turret based weapons. Please let us know if this idea is possible. Again superb job on the expansion, keep it up Big smile
Coyote Reach
Perkone
Caldari State
#636 - 2012-12-05 17:37:36 UTC
Syri Taneka wrote:
Sibius Aidon wrote:
The flags are the dumbest thing I've seen. I can understand the flag that delays a safe log out in space if you're really that lazy to dock at the nearest station, but the weapons timer? Come on. So, if you are gate camped and trying to escape, now you gotta jump around and hope you don't get shot at by someone else while trying to survive the 60 second timer.

Overall, I'd say the expansion is an EPIC fail besides the new ships changes.

As long as you don't aggress, you're golden. Weapons timer (the 60 second stuck-in-space thing) only comes into play when YOU perform a hostile action. The 15 minute 'you can't log off safely' timer is also not new, just more obvious now.

Not being able to safely log over NPC aggro is a mild cause for concern, but shouldn't be a game breaker.

Syri i dont think you understand the extent of this.

In addition to the problems youve overlooked i attempted to rep one of my other accounts in FW while it was being shot at by wartargets. I had to manually click off the button and window befor ei could start my armor rep cylces because /o\ oh no i might have my logi alt flagged towards its own wartargets.
Korinne
The Partisan Brigade
#637 - 2012-12-05 17:38:39 UTC
A thought, shield compensation skills require you to have a hardener of some type fit to take effect, but sensor compensation doesn't apparently. OP much, it was already to the point that you needed a superspecced falcon to get any real jamming done, now you need at least two or its pointless.
Mikhail Nehalem
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#638 - 2012-12-05 17:38:52 UTC
Can any Dev confirm whether there is anything in the works to add the new "Sounds" to the list of alarms we can toggle on or off (a la shield/armor/cap alarms)? I'd like to be able to turn those off without turning off all other UI sounds.
Panhead4411
Rothschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services
The Possum Lodge
#639 - 2012-12-05 17:38:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Panhead4411
New Non-Persistant Inventory....seriously?

This new version is less persistent than the old version while in space. Using the current version at a tower is brain bashingly annoying (unless you only work out of the first division, and only in single array).

Seriously, what happened to the very nice system that was on Bucky for the last couple weeks? Why is that not what we currently have on TQ? Everything i open in space places itself over the last inventory window i used...regardless of where i might move any of them to. Also getting very tired of opening any of my arrays only to have to continuously switch it back to the hanger i was just using the last time i accessed that array. That is the functional persistence that WAS there on Bucky, where did it go? And why was it removed?

Also, enough with all the little sounds for anything that might change...a new "you've changed grid" sound? Thats the only thing i can think of that might be causing the latest one that has started becoming annoying.

Ship explosion sounds? (the large repetitive CLANG!!!!'s heard in Jita the entirety of yesterday, from anywhere on grid) They are terrible, and the fact they are not range specific might make me just turn off sound alltogether.

Are you even reading this CCP, i've only seen like 1 Dev response that i can even remember, and it was addressing where to find one of your well hidden (yet very useful and needed) buttons....

http://blog.beyondreality.se/shift-click-does-nothing    < Unified Inventory is NOT ready...

Korinne
The Partisan Brigade
#640 - 2012-12-05 17:41:43 UTC
Also, why is the wanted tag so friggin huge now? Were some people just blind and couldn't see the previous one?