These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

I'm confused. What preceded warp to zero?

Author
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#1 - 2012-09-22 19:24:52 UTC
I hear a lot of complaining about warp to zero by bitter gatecampers, which led me to think: what came before? Was it warp to 10km or something?

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#2 - 2012-09-22 19:25:59 UTC
15km. However people just made BM which allowed for insta warp to. Now if your talking about autopilot thats always been the same, at least when they added it.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

TheBreadMuncher
#3 - 2012-09-22 19:28:43 UTC
Ta!

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Bart Starr
Aggressive Structural Steel Expediting Services
#4 - 2012-09-22 19:31:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Bart Starr
Except now, they could easily get rid of Warp to Zero AND the bookmark issue and fix the damn game.
Simply build a warp-bubble into each jumpgate.

As it is, a battleship can travel 20 jumps nearly as fast as a frigate. Thats not broken. Roll

But they don't do it because of carebear tears. The WAH!!! I WANT MY EVE ON EASY MODE players.
TheBreadMuncher
#5 - 2012-09-22 19:35:34 UTC
Bart Starr wrote:
Except now, they could easily get rid of Warp to Zero AND the bookmark issue and fix the damn game.

As it is, a battleship can travel 20 jumps nearly as fast as a frigate. Thats not broken. Roll

But they don't do it because of carebear tears. The WAH!!! I WANT MY EVE ON EASY MODE players.

Sure, so long as they make it so titan bridges/jump bridges drop their payloads 100km from the target, in randomised locations.

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#6 - 2012-09-22 19:39:30 UTC
Bart Starr wrote:
The WAH!!! I WANT MY EVE ON EASY MODE players.

This could be said about those who want WTZ gone. They want their easy mode gate camps back.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

TheBreadMuncher
#7 - 2012-09-22 19:40:48 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
This could be said about those who want WTZ gone. They want their easy mode gate camps back.

Indeed. And methinks those same campers will be in alliances cashing out on easymode tech moons.

Lester Knight Chaykin
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-09-22 19:57:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Lester Knight Chaykin
Bart Starr wrote:

You are stupid, did you know already?
WTZ was introduced becouse everbody and his grandma was copying bm's. There was a huge load on the servers that is now gone. Get rid of WTZ and see everybody making/copying/selling bms again. It would be just stupid, as you are, did i told you yet? (if you think i'm being rude, then use your brain next time, instead of posting ridiculous stuff like that).
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#9 - 2012-09-22 19:59:22 UTC
Lester Knight Chaykin wrote:
Bart Starr wrote:

WTZ was introduced becouse everbody and his grandma was copying bm's. There was a huge load on the servers that is now gone. Get rid of WTZ and see everybody making/copying/selling bms again. It would be just stupid, as you are, did i told you yet? (use your brain next time, instead of posting ridiculous stuff like that, if you think i'm being rude).

You should probably reread his post. He said remove WTZ AND Gate BMs.

Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-09-22 20:16:40 UTC
Another aspect to no warp-to-zero that is often ignored and drown out in the herpblurf is how much larger it made the game.

This comes into play as well with jump bridges and the like.

It used to be a big deal to have to travel a long distance, to move from one region to another, etc. There are some signs that CCP agrees with this and will dial back a bit... but unfortunately as it is (in my opinion anyways) we'll probably never get rid of warp to zero.

And as such we'll never get to see the day again (and this was a looooong time ago, pre major BM proliferation) where someone could report a ship(s) and you could catch up in a couple frigates before they left the vicinity.

I'd love to see the day where we had no BM's near gates/stations and no warp to zero. But those that agree with me are in the minority. People don't want the game to be any harder, even it if might mean the game could end up for the better because of it.
Lester Knight Chaykin
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-09-22 20:17:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Lester Knight Chaykin
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
Lester Knight Chaykin wrote:
Bart Starr wrote:

WTZ was introduced becouse everbody and his grandma was copying bm's. There was a huge load on the servers that is now gone. Get rid of WTZ and see everybody making/copying/selling bms again. It would be just stupid, as you are, did i told you yet? (use your brain next time, instead of posting ridiculous stuff like that, if you think i'm being rude).

You should probably reread his post. He said remove WTZ AND Gate BMs.

That is even more stupid, bms should be improved, they can/could be a valid tactical asset, the one crying for an easier game is him tbh.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-09-22 20:48:23 UTC
Bart Starr wrote:

I agree, but only if gate guns are put on null sec gates and gate guns insta pop anyone who shoots.
sounds fair to me.
TheBreadMuncher
#13 - 2012-09-22 20:56:00 UTC
Herping yourDerp wrote:
I agree, but only if gate guns are put on null sec gates and gate guns insta pop anyone who shoots.
sounds fair to me.

And on jump bridges and titans.

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#14 - 2012-09-22 21:02:48 UTC
Bart Starr wrote:

The WAH!!! I WANT MY LAZY GANKS ON EASY MODE

htfu. For most of us, making changes backwards at this fundamental level would be a setback for carebears AND l33ts.

Unless of course, you can send me a pic of you going to work in a horse and cart.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#15 - 2012-09-22 21:34:15 UTC
Threads like these act as a nice thermometer to show how far down the road to death Eve is. Sure subscriptions are healthy, but the Eve we knew's blood pressure is dropping and it's breathing laboured.

5 years ago you'd get torn to shreds for defending such carebear mechanics from an NPC corp, now you get 4 'likes'.
Slej Hammer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-09-22 21:42:06 UTC
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69 wrote:
Threads like these act as a nice thermometer to show how far down the road to death Eve is. Sure subscriptions are healthy, but the Eve we knew's blood pressure is dropping and it's breathing laboured.

5 years ago you'd get torn to shreds for defending such carebear mechanics from an NPC corp, now you get 4 'likes'.

All the ones who usually rip are on ops.
Pipa Porto
#17 - 2012-09-22 21:49:48 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Brooks Puuntai wrote:

Indeed. And methinks those same campers will be in alliances cashing out on easymode tech moons.

1. This isn't a GSF or Tech whine thread.

2. If they're so easy, why haven't you started cashing out on them?

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

TheBreadMuncher
#18 - 2012-09-22 21:53:06 UTC  |  Edited by: TheBreadMuncher
Pipa Porto wrote:

1. It's my damn thread, it can be whatever I please.

2. Because the easymode comes in the buckets of isk taken from production with the tech materials and the monopoly over the market. Taking the moons away from these people is not easymode due to the entrenchment formed over the years of OTEC. Anyway, who says I'm not? Lol

Slej Hammer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-09-22 22:02:23 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Brooks Puuntai wrote:

Only those with moon income defend the abomination called moon income.

The rest of us have to work for our money.
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#20 - 2012-09-22 22:06:33 UTC
...oh not this again. Roll

Signatures should be used responsibly...

123Next pageLast page