These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Development Thread] {Project entering Hiatus} Eve Morning Report

First post
Author
Utemetsu
#101 - 2012-04-03 14:28:09 UTC
Hey all! Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone that I should have PI metrics ready for tomorrow. I've been lazy and I've only just put the typeids that I needed. The plan is as follows:

An index for each of the commodities;
Raw Material Index
Processed Material Index
Refined Commodity Index
Specialized Commodity Index
Advanced Commodity Index

I'm also toying with a different sort of metric for the pos fuels. It's still on paper, though, so don't expect that too soon.

.ute
Utemetsu
#102 - 2012-04-04 12:24:43 UTC
Ok, today we introduced our new metrics. Here's how they work

Raw Material index (Total cost of All Raw PI Materials) - METRIC: ISK
Processed Material Index (Total cost of All Processed PI Materials) - METRIC: ISK
Refined Commodity Index (cost/100) - METRIC: POINTS
Specialized Commodity Index (cost/100) - METRIC: POINTS
Advanced Commodity Inex (cost/1000) - METRIC: POINTS

Enjoy!
Durin Sarga
Lionhearted Investment Services and Planning
#103 - 2012-04-05 01:19:56 UTC
Hey Ute,

Some things I thought would be interesting to touch on during a weekend report:

Current Market Events
- Drone Region Nerf and subsequent mineral speculation
- Burn Jita! (maybe get a guest interview with The Mittani?)

Ongoing Market Discussion Topics (because dead horses are fun to flog)
- The value of auditing (or lack thereof?)
- T2 BPOs
- Moon goo bottlenecks (would tie into proposed ring mining by CCP)

It would also be interesting to see some debate about the future of markets and economic information flow in EVE. Dr. E. and his team have made statements that they are working on a possible market data dump (aka opening the books) which would allow us to see actual transactions in the marketplace instead of just buy/sell orders. How could this effect 3rd party development? What level of information would be needed and/or useful?

Meh, just my random 2 ISK, if you're looking for stuff to talk about. The Zaxix interview was cool. More guest commentary/debate/interviews would be nice to get varying perspectives.

Durin
Xaqa
Doomheim
#104 - 2012-04-07 18:56:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Xaqa
Good stuff, much appreciated - the weekend shows are like financial catnip
p.s. good music too

Topic Suggestions
If I remember correctly, Hexxx posted a solid IPO guide way back - any chance he could revisit it on the show?
Discuss potential business plans/models for start up corporations.
Discuss (or walk through) creating a bond for the first time.
Discuss how to keep accurate records - the back end; software/website; methodologies (accounting wizardry, etc)
Could you have a corporation solely focused on trade? Trading seems to be a more solitary profession - what would be the advantage be of collaborating with other traders?

Feedback
Anyway to better equalize the sound? Sometimes you're loud; Hexxx is quiet.
Occasional "robotic voice" from Skype.
Maybe turn down/off the background music during the show.

The Cryptic Arch - Always Building

Durin Sarga
Lionhearted Investment Services and Planning
#105 - 2012-04-10 00:06:44 UTC
Hey Ute, thanks for the name drop on the show the other day. Keep up the good work. It's fun to listen to.

Xaqa wrote:
Could you have a corporation solely focused on trade? Trading seems to be a more solitary profession - what would be the advantage be of collaborating with other traders?

Some buddies and I did some theorizing about what could be gained from traders pooling resources and information. The results are obviously pretty staggering, but the real issue we had came down to updating each other's orders. Without that ability, it'd be near impossible to keep this thing viable.

You want the freedom to monitor the market from multiple locations and update orders without having have your buddy online every day. Ideally it would allow traders the ability to update 'corp' market orders if they have corp 'trader' rights. Even orders that they didn't place originally.

A true corp level market order system would allow traders to pool resources and optimize trading potential. But without it, it just requires a lot of alts. Not all of us have that many accounts.

Durin
Xaqa
Doomheim
#106 - 2012-04-10 04:31:02 UTC
Durin Sarga wrote:
Hey Ute, thanks for the name drop on the show the other day. Keep up the good work. It's fun to listen to.

Xaqa wrote:

Some buddies and I did some theorizing about what could be gained from traders pooling resources and information. The results are obviously pretty staggering, but the real issue we had came down to updating each other's orders. Without that ability, it'd be near impossible to keep this thing viable.

You want the freedom to monitor the market from multiple locations and update orders without having have your buddy online every day. Ideally it would allow traders the ability to update 'corp' market orders if they have corp 'trader' rights. Even orders that they didn't place originally.

A true corp level market order system would allow traders to pool resources and optimize trading potential. But without it, it just requires a lot of alts. Not all of us have that many accounts.

Durin

Good points; all the same, I would be curious to hear Utem, et al have to say on the matter

The Cryptic Arch - Always Building

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#107 - 2012-04-22 20:58:23 UTC
Hope to see some metion of these links

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=28612
http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/devblog/2012/Escalationf3.png

In the weekend report... love your show! Dr E's DEV blog makes me wonder how much he thinks the current inflationary trend will continue over the next 6 months I doubt he ( or really anybody admitidly ) could figure in player intervention like Hulkageddon or the Jita interdiction on the 28th ( I guess maybe the effects of the goons ice interdiction may give some insights he did say at fanfest he had some info about that but didn't being it into his presentation due to time constraints)

Keep up the good shows guys Big smile
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Hexxx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#108 - 2012-04-23 16:19:06 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Hope to see some metion of these links

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=28612
http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/devblog/2012/Escalationf3.png

In the weekend report... love your show! Dr E's DEV blog makes me wonder how much he thinks the current inflationary trend will continue over the next 6 months I doubt he ( or really anybody admitidly ) could figure in player intervention like Hulkageddon or the Jita interdiction on the 28th ( I guess maybe the effects of the goons ice interdiction may give some insights he did say at fanfest he had some info about that but didn't being it into his presentation due to time constraints)

Keep up the good shows guys Big smile

I'm happy to say that we covered it. Big smile

Weekend show up @ http://www.evemorningreport.themumm.com/?p=227
Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#109 - 2012-04-23 19:25:54 UTC
Very nice podcast the latest one..

I especially enjoyed the plugging of the PBS show..

There are a few others that should be mentioned.

The 7 apps of western civilization.

The Luxuries of ancient greece..

Which I found very informative..

Any chance you guys would be up for going live via google hangouts soon™...

I opened a page for the lounge here SCC-Lounge

Utemetsu
#110 - 2012-05-03 12:26:37 UTC
Ok, past few days we've been having troubs with the spreadsheet. It has been working flawlessly for the past few months with only minor hiccups here and there.

Yesterday, it was a #N/A, today it was #VALUE! ... if you know what the deal is, I'd love to as well. I pull the XML into Gdocs the standard =ImportXML() way and I pull from Eve-Central.
Wyke Mossari
Staner Industries
#111 - 2012-05-03 17:59:44 UTC
Utemetsu wrote:
Ok, past few days we've been having troubs with the spreadsheet. It has been working flawlessly for the past few months with only minor hiccups here and there.

Yesterday, it was a #N/A, today it was #VALUE! ... if you know what the deal is, I'd love to as well. I pull the XML into Gdocs the standard =ImportXML() way and I pull from Eve-Central.

My PI spreadsheet which uses the same approach has been suffering from the same problem, my work around is to stick an &HOURS=X on the end of the URL and change X when it fails, to force a reload.
Utemetsu
#112 - 2012-05-04 19:08:20 UTC
Does X represent a number value of some kind? Just to clarify, append the url with &HOURS=1 (for example) and change 1 to 2 to force a reload?

Wyke Mossari
Staner Industries
#113 - 2012-05-06 11:28:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Wyke Mossari
Utemetsu wrote:
Does X represent a number value of some kind? Just to clarify, append the url with &HOURS=1 (for example) and change 1 to 2 to force a reload?

Yes, X is the max age of included orders in hours, I generally use values in the range 24-48 for Jita and 72 for other hubs.

Given yours is a daily index you should probably include orders =24 hours old.
Utemetsu
#114 - 2012-05-09 15:25:07 UTC
Hey guys,

I just want to thank everyone for their continued support. This morning, we've breached another show record with a whopping 210 subscribers!

In terms of daily metrics, what else would you like to hear?
Dirk Smacker
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#115 - 2012-05-22 12:00:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirk Smacker
I think you should start tracking empire faction ships. With the Inferno changes, you can now speculate on the faction war, which is kind of interesting. It could be a good topic for a weekend report, too.

Quote:
Holding and upgrading Factional Warfare systems now have an impact in a faction success as a whole. Number of systems and upgrades hold in the same War Zone (Amarr/Minmatar or Caldari/Gallente War zones respectively) are counted as part of points, then used to unlock War Zone Control tiers:

War Zone Control Tier 1 – between 0 and 20% of total War Zone points: the faction LP store prices are multiplied by four next to their pre-Inferno numbers.
War Zone Control Tier 2 – between 20% and 40% of total War Zone points: the faction LP store prices are multiplied by two next to their pre-Inferno numbers, the faction receives 5% bonus to all Factional Warfare LP gains.
War Zone Control Tier 3 – between 40% and 60% of total War Zone points: the faction LP store prices are the same as pre-Inferno, the faction receives 10% bonus to all Factional Warfare LP gains.
War Zone Control Tier 4 – between 60% and 80% of total War Zone points: the faction LP store prices are twice as cheap as their pre-Inferno numbers, the faction receives 15% bonus to all Factional Warfare LP gains.
War Zone Control Tier 5 – between 80% and 100% of total War Zone points: the faction LP store prices are four times as cheap as their pre-Inferno numbers, the faction receives 20% bonus to all Factional Warfare LP gains.

Same for datacores. The militias all have mechanical engineering datacores, but the others are faction-specific and could vary in price if there is a swing in warzone control:

Quote:
Datacore offers have been added to Factional Warfare Militia Corporations (250 LP and 250,000 ISK for a package of 5):

24th Imperial Crusade: Amarrian Starship Engineering, High Energy Physics, Laser Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Nanite Engineering.
State Protectorate: Caldari Starship Engineering, Graviton Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Quantum Physics, Rocket Science.
Federal Defense Union: Electromagnetic Physics, Electronic Engineering, Gallentean Starship Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Plasma Physics.
Tribal Liberal Force: Hydromagnetic Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Minmatar Starship Engineering, Molecular Engineering, Nuclear Physics.

If that's too much, maybe just read off the warzone tiers and system control percentages during the morning report.

I guess once you have a signature, you cannot have a blank one.

Utemetsu
#116 - 2012-05-23 15:17:17 UTC
New metrics inbound in 1-2 weeks, when I have time to build them. Looking at T1 and T2 Manufacturing Commodities and Moon Goo Indexes.
Utemetsu
#117 - 2012-06-06 13:45:12 UTC
o/ All, today was our 74th show.

Anyone got any ideas for our 100th when it comes up? We're just over a month out! Hoping to do a Mega-Show!
Utemetsu
#118 - 2012-06-08 13:35:51 UTC
Hey all, I'm announcing 3 new metrics that will be presented daily starting monday:

The Moon Material Index (MMI): Price index for all moon materials
Individual Fuel Block Pricing AND New Indexes for each: The Fuel Differential Index - Which is the difference in price between a given fuel block and it's component materials.

See you guys on Monday!
Utemetsu
#119 - 2012-06-25 13:40:09 UTC
o/ Everyone!

I come bearing some slightly bad news.

I will be officially re-entering Hiatus as of now. In fact, I likely will be unsubscribing across the board (who am I kidding, I know I am).

I've had an absolute blast these past months working on the program. As always, it was an insightful learning experience, both about internet spaceship economics, real economics, and myself. It is the latter that I became concerned with.

It's going to sound cliche, but I am leaving New Eden to focus more on my art. That's right -- I do stuff other than podcasting. In fact, I someday want to be a 3D character designer (though that's admittedly a long way off). To get there takes dedication, time, and perserverence on a scale that I've really been putting off for some time. EVE has been my go-to activity for some time now, and that's started to bother me. I want my go-to to be something that I can apply later.

So I'm embarking on the true grind; and it's one not of standings or MD reputation, but it is one quantifiable only by yourself. My friend said to me a week ago at my first piano lesson in 10 years, "3 hours a day will make a virtuoso in 10 years." Frankly, I likely don't have 3 hours a day, every day, but every moment counts. I can no longer justify playing EVE in lieu of the practicing of my craft, or the practicing of a skill that I so desire to attain.

That said, my time here has not been spent in vain, nor do I regret any second of early wakeups to get the show out, or any weekend evening that I spent discussing the minutia of virtual economics.

I wish all of you, especially MD, the best of luck in your investing endeavours. May your wallets, always be in the black. And, of course,

.tradesafe
David Forge
GameOn Inc.
#120 - 2012-06-25 17:02:37 UTC
Big fan. Will miss you. <3