These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Development Thread] {Project entering Hiatus} Eve Morning Report

First post
Author
Chevalleis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2012-03-01 12:54:42 UTC
I'd like to hear about the usability of Technical Analysis in EVE and the common pitfalls of starting traders.
Hexxx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2012-03-01 16:20:59 UTC
Chevalleis wrote:
I'd like to hear about the usability of Technical Analysis in EVE and the common pitfalls of starting traders.

Two things there:

1) The pros and cons of technical analsysis in EVE
2) Common mistakes of a starting trader

A discussion on HOW to do technical analysis would be...well...I could see us doing a 5 hour show. There are some great threads that we can point to for a deeper explanation of HOW to go about it. I'm going to try and put together show notes in the future, kind of like an "appendix" for each weekend show.

Is that consistent with what you were looking for?
Chevalleis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2012-03-01 16:36:56 UTC
Pretty much, yeah.
Kandreath
De Re Metallica
#84 - 2012-03-02 11:07:12 UTC
Hexxx wrote:
Chevalleis wrote:

1) The pros and cons of technical analsysis in EVE
2) Common mistakes of a starting trader

Hell yeah - THAT would be a show!
Utemetsu
#85 - 2012-03-05 12:55:49 UTC
Well then, it IS show. "Weekend" show is now up on the feed with your Monday Morning Report!
Hexxx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2012-03-05 14:15:09 UTC
Utemetsu wrote:
Well then, it IS show. "Weekend" show is now up on the feed with your Monday Morning Report!

Re-Posting the show notes:

Dev Blog: Team Security - Banning Bad Guys and also Bad Guys
http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=9133
Discussion Thread: Team Security - Banning Bad Guys and also Bad Guys
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=881327#post881327
CCP's War On Bots: CCP Sreegs Unleashed
http://nosygamer.blogspot.com/2012/03/ccps-war-on-bots-ccp-sreegs-unleashed.html
Technical Analysis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_analysis
Experiment #01: RL finance analysis applied to EvE (Technical Analysis)
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=49927&find=unread
Hexxx Trading Workshop Recording
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0812/HEXXX.rar
Utemetsu
#87 - 2012-03-07 14:54:16 UTC
Good News, Everyone!

We've just broken our old subscriber count of about 105 when the show was in it's early days. We're now at 117 and an additional 85 Reach as of today. Not. Too. Shabby.

I've also received an Email from American Public Media -- the producer of the show that this is modeled after (the marketplace morning report, for those curious) says they dig the show and to keep it up.

So keep it up we shall. I just wanted to thank everyone here participating in the ongoing development of the show for their continued support, patience, and interest in all things ISK. I look forward to many more months of delicious numbers and melted PVPer's brains.

So, thanks, guys. I really, really appreciate everything!
Hexxx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2012-03-09 13:29:14 UTC
Hey folks,

We've got a weekend show coming up. Current agenda is as follows:

1) Discussion on Red Frog financial report, trends, conclusions, and other observations. (bonus: how Red Frog plays a key part in Block's mineral fund)
2) Trade hubs. How they're born, how they could die, and how they could be made.

I think the time format is settling in around 45 minutes for the show so we've got room for some additional topics. Also, if you want us to try and secure an interview with someone in MD let's hear about it. If there are any additional topics you'd like to hear about, speak up.
Hexxx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2012-03-12 17:09:04 UTC
New Weekend Show:
http://www.evemorningreport.themumm.com/

Just wanted to call attention to the Weekend Show produced just this weekend. We've got a great interview with one of the Red Frog Freight Directors as well as an in-depth look into the stories behind their most recent financial statement. Tips and tricks for rookie traders are tucked into the interview as well. The weekend show also includes a segment at the end on the birth of trade hubs; what makes them? What could kill them?

Second order of business; what should we talk about for the next weekend show? Please let us know what interests you. It could be an interview with an MD personality or just discussion of a topic that interests you. Let us know!

Show notes are:

Red Frog Financial Report for 2011
http://red-frog.org/annual-report-2011.php
Network Effects
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect
Metcalfe's Law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalfe%27s_law

Music by Quantic, Amethystium, and Man Man
Zaxix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#90 - 2012-03-12 17:24:34 UTC
Hexxx wrote:
Just wanted to call attention to the Weekend Show produced just this weekend. We've got a great interview with one of the Red Frog Freight Directors as well as an in-depth look into the stories behind their most recent financial statement.

I'd like to thank the Morning Report guys for treating me so well on the show. If any of you MD guys are being asked for an interview, don't be afraid! They were respectful and professional. I would definitely consider doing another interview with them.

Bokononist

Utemetsu
#91 - 2012-03-12 18:13:59 UTC
Zaxix wrote:
Hexxx wrote:
Just wanted to call attention to the Weekend Show produced just this weekend. We've got a great interview with one of the Red Frog Freight Directors as well as an in-depth look into the stories behind their most recent financial statement.

I'd like to thank the Morning Report guys for treating me so well on the show. If any of you MD guys are being asked for an interview, don't be afraid! They were respectful and professional. I would definitely consider doing another interview with them.

Thanks a bunch, Zax! It was a pleasure to have you on the show, and I'm looking forward to next time with great anticipation!
johnnyjemd
Doomheim
#92 - 2012-03-13 20:26:11 UTC
hello Utemetsu how are you please is there a way i can listen to all of the old recordings please from last year and the year before please
Utemetsu
#93 - 2012-03-19 13:26:28 UTC
With this morning's show I introduced a few new metrics and announced the rollout of more metrics over the coming weeks.

New Metrics as of Monday, March 19:
Ore Index (Total price of all ores (including compressed variants)/100,000 -- This is to keep the number 'readable' and is expressed as point values.
Mineral Index (Total price of all minerals) -- Expressed as a point value, refers to the combined ISK value of 1 unit of each mineral.
Ice Index (Total price of all ice products) -- Expressed as a point value, refers to the combined ISK value of 1 unit of each ice product.

Planned Metrics:
Raw Ice Index -- Total price of all ice ores.
PI Index -- Total price of all PI Items
Fuel Index -- Total price of all Fuel Blocks
Raw Fuel Index -- Total price of all Fuel Block materials combined.

If you'd like to see other metrics, post 'em here.
DaJackal Saissore
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2012-03-20 00:23:26 UTC  |  Edited by: DaJackal Saissore
Love the show. Appreciate y'all doing it. I personnally don't care if you have any music on the daily report. Don't know if it would save you any time on editing. Would rather you cut the music than drop the show. As a beginning trader I love the show. I wonder if a beginner segment might work for the weekend show. Right now I am looking into how to find markets. How to supply nullsec markets. Learning how to find profitable manufacturing. Just some ideas.
Edit - listened to the weekend show posted the 19th and I was wondering who the band was that you played at the end of the podcast?
Utemetsu
#95 - 2012-03-23 12:27:59 UTC
Hey guys, just a heads up that there WILL NOT be a show this morning. I'm not sure what changed between last night and tonight, but my backend has totally lost the will to import prices. I will be looking into this throughout the day in an effort to rectify the situation.

I didn't plan on this and I just don't have the time before work to fix it and get a show out. Sorry everyone.
Magnu Stormhawk
#96 - 2012-03-23 12:41:44 UTC
Utemetsu wrote:
my backend has totally lost the will to import prices

I suspected you were pulling the numbers out of your ass. Thanks for confirming ! Blink

I'm sure we can live without a show for the day. Keep up the good work.
Hexxx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2012-03-23 12:52:01 UTC
Magnu Stormhawk wrote:
Utemetsu wrote:
my backend has totally lost the will to import prices

I suspected you were pulling the numbers out of your ass. Thanks for confirming ! Blink

I'm sure we can live without a show for the day. Keep up the good work.

I can confirm that there is a minimum of pulling things out of asses. Utemetsu has been upgrading his sheet to help him build indexes to report on and to also comment more on weekly trends as I understand it. Big smile
Utemetsu
#98 - 2012-03-23 13:42:30 UTC
Ok, so now it's pulling them. I'm not sure if it was a hiccup or a consistent issue. I'll know for sure when I go home and check the spreadsheets again, if they're not working there, Confused, I shall be.

Since we're not recording on saturday I'm hopefully going to get the PI prices and indexes, as well as adding fuel blocks and PLEX to the regularly-covered numbers.

I'm also embarking on another project that shall be revealed when the time is ripe :D
Kandreath
De Re Metallica
#99 - 2012-03-24 04:20:37 UTC
Guys,

Been continuing to pull the weekend shows onto my android and playing them in the car on the way to work (during the week). In fact all audio listed in the show notes (which are a fantastic idea by the way) have been getting played.

I've noticed a real step up in the sound quality in the last couple of shows. It indicates you are spending some time in that area and getting some better kit for recording. I wanted you to know that I noticed and appreciated it. (I have no idea why I notice such things ... but there you go).

Looking at the way you present the price change made me review my PI pricing sheet too. Now I have PI metrics.

By the way, you use a spread sheet for metrics yeah? So some more details would be nice. You using VBA? Open office basic? Python, something else? You click 1 button or 2 or 3 and cut and paste?

The content has been really good keep it up.

Alain Kinsella
#100 - 2012-03-28 00:03:31 UTC
If this is still going on, I'd be happy to do a 'live' high-sec PI challenge for a weekend show.

You supply the region ahead of time, I fly to a deployment system of my choice (probably a mission hub), and start the show telling me a target POS fuel to work on (or its components, up to P2). I can usually find decent P2 component planets in 20 minutes or less.

Send eve-mail if interested. I'm getting close to offering this as a service anyway.

"The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever."

Currently Retired / Semi-Casual (pending changes to RL concerns).