These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Development Thread] {Project entering Hiatus} Eve Morning Report

First post
Author
Xai Li Shun
Doomheim
#61 - 2012-02-09 16:27:14 UTC
I don't intend this post to be mean or trollish, but as genuine curiosity on behalf of anyone who might drop some advertising funds:

Is the third time the charm? IE: Do you realistically think it's going to be around longer than a month this time?
Utemetsu
#62 - 2012-02-09 16:58:01 UTC
Xai Li Shun wrote:
I don't intend this post to be mean or trollish, but as genuine curiosity on behalf of anyone who might drop some advertising funds:

Is the third time the charm? IE: Do you realistically think it's going to be around longer than a month this time?

I'm really glad someone finally brought this up, I've been trying to figure out how to approach the subject, so I'll take this time to explain what happened the first two times. I am aware that I am effectively a toxic asset, judging by my past failures, and would like to at least explain myself here.

The first time around, it was completely on me. I simply woke up one morning with no drive to continue the show, my Real funds were dwindling swiftly because of my janky car, so I just cold turkey'd off of Eve.

When I began the second time around, things were radically different. I was already in the process of moving, so it probably was a poor time to begin something with this level of commitment; and therein lies my fault in judging both my time and financial situation. Things took a turn for the worse as I got to know my roommate better, and without divulging too much, it became a source of depression, stress, and other nonsense that sapped most of my energy, time, and will. Things continued downhill as my Father became extremely ill, moving back home, and dealing with the fallout (financially and socially) from the early termination of the lease.

It's been since that I have been getting everything back into order, the endgame being a return to the podcast as an exercise in self discipline after examining the past two failures. My life is far more stable at the moment, but be that as it may I have re-written the advertising schema to reflect that toxicity, primarily by removing the monthly plans that I had previously been offering. It is now offered on a daily/weekly basis for peace of mind's sake.

The bottom line is this: You can go through the process of purchasing advertising space. The risk is that I will abruptly stop doing the show. I recognize this, I recognize the unpredictability of future events, whatever they may be, I recognize that I am, this time around, a far less 'safe' bet in terms of seeing a return on investment. I also recognize that all I can say is 'It probably won't happen', and such a sentiment is the equivalent of 2 birds in a bush. That said, I've taken measures to mitigate the financial risk to those interested in purchasing advertising space, by offering only daily (equivalent of about 1.50USD/spot) and weekly (5.00USD ISK equivalent) packages.

I hope this serves as a first step in clearing this business up.
Utemetsu
#63 - 2012-02-10 13:19:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Utemetsu
Friday's show is up. Link's in the sig.

Check the My EVE forum for future show updates. This thread will now only be for questions about the CONTENT of the show (and not comments/questions/criticisms about the technical nature of the show, which should go to the other thread).

I tried to link but it doesn't seem to want to let me post it. Just go to the My Eve forum.
Utemetsu
#64 - 2012-02-13 13:12:06 UTC
Good morning, Capsuleers! I just posted the show on the feed, for those who are interested.

Now, the reason why there was no no weekend show: Our internet died just as we were getting started. Hexxx noticed I started cutting out, and when I tried to call him back, it was no more. So, we braved the winter wonderland that is Michigan in February and petered over to the Best Buy to buy a new modem. When we got home, hooked it up, and called the cable company, they told us that they were doing work in our area and the connections should be back online sometime later that day. This, after they TOLD us to go buy a new modem because ours is getting old.

We'll be covering bonds in the first half of the program next saturday, until then, enjoy the morning reports!
Utemetsu
#65 - 2012-02-14 14:20:09 UTC
The new show is up.

Now, what would you guys like to hear this weekend?
On the agenda so far is General Bond discussion, with a likely forray into IPOs and their main differences, applications, and other minutia.
Utemetsu
#66 - 2012-02-16 14:41:11 UTC
New show is up, but If you've got any questions about Bonds, IPOS or have a topic that you'd like to hear discussed, you've got until friday at noon to post here!

.Utemetsu
Silus Prophet
Temple Fire Corporation
#67 - 2012-02-16 16:02:15 UTC
Hi There,

I was very pleased to find your show, out of curiosity, how do you calculate your figures?

Cheers

S
Alain Kinsella
#68 - 2012-02-16 17:50:03 UTC
Good to see you back. Happy to see you also included links for those of us who have NoScript running. ;-)

Will peruse these later tonight, not sure about a weekend discussion topic yet. Perhaps the POCO situation? S&I has been raging the last month or so, about if PI is still being profitable in High Sec (I think yes, but like any other industry you now need to do proper research/legwork first).

"The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever."

Currently Retired / Semi-Casual (pending changes to RL concerns).

Elijah Craig
Trask Industries
#69 - 2012-02-16 19:00:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Elijah Craig
Silus Prophet wrote:
Hi There,

I was very pleased to find your show, out of curiosity, how do you calculate your figures?

I have this question too.

I am sitting in Jita listening to the show and you state "Isogen is opening at 79.49 this morning" but I'm looking at the Jita sell being 73.68 and the Jita buy being 71.60.

Similarly, Robitics in Jita is 50,999 sell and 50,121 buy, but your figure is given as "67,750".

This amount of discrepancy is reflected across all your items, so it'll be good to know how you calculate your figures so I can adjust for my region (i.e. Jita) accordingly. Perhaps its a universe-wide / all-regions average?

I really enjoy the show, so don't go quitting on us again this time :-P
Utemetsu
#70 - 2012-02-17 14:19:13 UTC
New Show's up;

I pull the data from the last 24 hours on Eve Central. I'm looking to get a galactic-scale set of numbers, not just Jita's prices considering their volitility. Not everyone trades in Jita.

Now, if there was sufficient reason for me to change my sources, I would seriously look into it if anyone has any ideas.

.ute
Kandreath
De Re Metallica
#71 - 2012-02-17 23:50:17 UTC
Great show. I don't know how you can commit to doing it every day! If it gets too much, please consider keeping the weekend shows only.

I heard the weekender about Plex, and apart from the sound level issues (which was very annoying), the content was great.

The reason sound level was important was that I was listening to it in the car on the way to work. It was hard to pick a level where I wouldn't "poop my pants" Lol and could hear the expert witness (sorry don't know his name).

I'll be listening for a while to see where you go though. Great job.

Kandreath
De Re Metallica
#72 - 2012-02-20 09:06:15 UTC
How's that cold doing? Looks like it knocked you over this weekend... hope your feeling better soon.Lol
Utemetsu
#73 - 2012-02-20 14:42:41 UTC
Kandreath wrote:
How's that cold doing? Looks like it knocked you over this weekend... hope your feeling better soon.Lol

Feeling much better today, thanks! It was a combo of the Cold and some scheduling issues. FEAR NOT! The show is still alive and kicking, so much so that there's a new episode today!

Link's in the sig, as always.
Utemetsu
#74 - 2012-02-23 13:12:43 UTC
For those interested; Today's show is posted!

Moreover, today is the first day featuring an Advertisment - COG Banking was kind enough to purchase one of our daily packages.

Trade Safe, guys.
Utemetsu
#75 - 2012-02-24 19:07:08 UTC
Again, new show went up on the feed this morning.

Now, I have just scheduled tomorrow's show with Hexxx, so expect a weekend show sometime tomorrow afternoon!

Bonds, IPOS, and More!

What else do you guys want to hear about, eh?
Kandreath
De Re Metallica
#76 - 2012-02-27 09:09:32 UTC
Utemetsu wrote:

From the last weekend report I became interested in the death of EBANK - why and what happened, I was a noob at the time and took no notice...

Also, how about some coverage on marketing scams? What, how to execute, how to avoid? The most clever seen....

Something like that.
Utemetsu
#77 - 2012-02-27 13:38:31 UTC
Kandreath wrote:
Utemetsu wrote:

From the last weekend report I became interested in the death of EBANK - why and what happened, I was a noob at the time and took no notice...

Also, how about some coverage on marketing scams? What, how to execute, how to avoid? The most clever seen....

Something like that.

If I can find the older episodes we spent and entire show talking about EBANK when it collapsed. I'll look around this evening after work, but I can't promise anything. I'm literally swimming in drives and archival DVDs

New show's up, by the way!
Hexxx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#78 - 2012-02-27 20:33:10 UTC
Kandreath wrote:
Utemetsu wrote:

Something like that.

Marketing scams is a bit vague...we could talk about Ponzi fraud, what it is, how it's done...?
Utemetsu
#79 - 2012-02-29 18:45:21 UTC
Couple of things, capsuleers:

1) We will be syndicating our feed with EVE News24. As such our advertising prices for weekend shows will be changing soon.
2) What would you guys like to hear on the weekend show, this week?

.ute
Utemetsu
#80 - 2012-03-01 12:12:20 UTC
It's our One-Month today, guys! Thank you all so much for sticking with the show, and there's more to come!

We've partnered with EVE News24 on the weekend shows and they'll be syndicating our content on their website, so if you're a fan of EVE News24, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for us there in the coming days!

.ute