These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Optimizing Invention & Manufacturing Calculator + How to make a bil per week

Author
Zesoft
Doomheim
#101 - 2012-03-14 04:09:48 UTC
Been having fun with this. Has lead to some great leads while learning the markets. Something strange I noticed though:

http://www.eve-market-guide.com/t1item.php?id=22428#

The ME and PE text boxes don't seem to accept negative values -- it does update everything on positive values though, but T2 BPCs mostly have negative values :P Although you can get the right values on the Invention pages for each BP, I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks a ton for this!
Cayden Xios
#102 - 2012-03-16 15:31:43 UTC
You have no idea how much easier it has been to explain "Opportunity cost" to my corpmates because of this tool. They no longer mine every single material and underprice our products when I'm not watching. Profit per hour has increased by about three times.

Thank you.
Suni Khan
#103 - 2012-03-18 12:06:17 UTC
I absolutely love this site.

But please put in an auto update. I dont see why it is not possible.
Jastra
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#104 - 2012-03-18 18:23:59 UTC
perfect, except - being a noob or issue with missiles due to name changes?? (trauma fury for e.g.)

Suni Khan
#105 - 2012-03-18 20:26:19 UTC
Jastra wrote:
perfect, except - being a noob or issue with missiles due to name changes?? (trauma fury for e.g.)

site has not been updated for a very long time. would not go and manufacture by these numbers.
Eve Tycoon II
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#106 - 2012-03-19 13:32:00 UTC
Perfect timing Suni, it was updated as you posted. Im pretty busy irl currently so the frequency has dropped Sad.

Fully automatic dump straight from eve would break the EULA, so the only option is to integrate with other price site.

Right now the database still has the old names, I will hold on with updating it until the Great Renaming (I fell old uing this reference....Blink) is complete.

Suni Khan
#107 - 2012-03-19 17:13:48 UTC
Hi, thanks a lot for the update :D.

Is it not possible to have someone else also doing the update on the site like once a day now that you are very bussy?

I absolutely love it and it helped me till now find items and then do the math myself if it is still profitable or not. But it would help if someone else could update it daily while you are out.

Also thanks a lot for the explanation on why there is no auto update, and that seems reasonable :D. Best data is from eve itself!
Zila 2011
Lai Dai Industrial Services
#108 - 2012-04-02 19:42:34 UTC
please update the prices. they are nearly 3 weeks old
Suni Khan
#109 - 2012-04-03 10:46:07 UTC
yeah. very nice tool. But unusable after 2 days of an update. Becouse of the massive move in miniral prices lately.

I would like to ask the above in my past post again. Would love to take the job on me to daily update it.
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#110 - 2012-04-03 18:52:16 UTC
Or just setup a batch job to pull the full region XML file from something like EMK once a day.

http://www.evemarketeer.com/api/system/xml/30002187

All prices in Jita, for every single item.
Celestra Doxaila
MinTek Tactical Division
#111 - 2012-04-04 15:18:44 UTC
Scrapyard Bob wrote:
Or just setup a batch job to pull the full region XML file from something like EMK once a day.

http://www.evemarketeer.com/api/system/xml/30002187

All prices in Jita, for every single item.

This. Or the xml feed from eve-central. Otherwise a fantastic tool that really has no reflection on the reality of the changing eve markets.
Revolution Rising
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#112 - 2012-04-05 01:14:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Revolution Rising
Can't seem to make a t2 bpc with -4 ME for some reason.. ?!

Edit : Nevermind, was using the manufacturing tab instead of invention ;)

Revolution Rising
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#113 - 2012-04-05 01:18:06 UTC
Not sure if you could do this, but it would be nice to be able to input your setup/number of toons for manufacturing queues and see what the PPH is against the number your are ACTUALLY building per hour.

Maktheros
Vengance Inc.
#114 - 2012-04-09 14:12:44 UTC
Thank you for updating the pricing information.

Any luck with ditching the manual input and getting a data feed setup?
Eve Tycoon II
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#115 - 2012-04-11 03:08:13 UTC
So far EM looks like a winner, but until I do a detailed statistical comparison between my dump and their data I won't be able to decide whether I can simply replace it (simpler option) or need to do both side by side.

My biggest worry is the accuracy of the finished products, websites like that tend to favour often used materials.
Niro Nemu
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#116 - 2012-04-24 01:06:02 UTC
Really nice and looking forward to the price updating being automated. Should make it quite a bit more useful in the long run.
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#117 - 2012-04-24 02:55:59 UTC
For commodity items (minerals, salvage, moon materials, PI goods, anything which sells in 1000+ lot units), the 5% sell simulation prices or the eve-central's "percentile" prices are pretty accurate and hard to game. There's enough people selling the items on the market and the daily volume is high enough that it's really hard for any one player to monopolize it and skew the prices. As soon as they try, other traders notice and the freighters start moving between market hubs.

EMK has been a bit flaky lately - but their 5% sell sim prices are good (sell_lowest5). Their API offers a system level view of prices, so you could pull Jita, Dodixie, Rens, and Amarr and just do a quick average across the four systems for something moderately robust.

EMD only calculates once per day, but also offer a 5% simulation (/emd/price). But they only offer region level prices.

EC offers the "sell/percentile" pricing method, which drops outliers, runs slightly "hot" (1-2% above EMK 5% sim price), but EC as a site has been very reliable over the years. They do offer system level pricing, so you could pull Jita/Rens/Dodixie/Amarr and do a fast average.

When pricing inputs, I just run with a straight average price across the (4) market systems. Then I make sure to buy my inputs at whichever of the (4) market hubs is cheapest that week. Or I try and get most of my stuff via buy orders. But in my profit calcs, I use the straight average price - as if I were going to buy my inputs from sell orders.

For outputs, I take the (4) market hub prices and drop the maximum, then average across the remaining (3). That gives me a fairly pessimistic estimate of what I can sell the goods for.

By being pessimistic on both input costs (estimating them slightly high) and output prices (low-balling them slightly), I make sure that I don't go and build something that sells for a loss. It also clearly delineates what is "manufacturing" profit (from doing the final assembly) and what is "trade" profit (buying inputs lower then market, or selling goods at the right location).
Seranti Olerie
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#118 - 2012-05-03 03:44:32 UTC
Request to have the results from the Loot Refining be exportable, csv format would be fine.

Great app
tsuggerpuppe
Doomheim
#119 - 2012-05-09 14:44:19 UTC
Eve Tycoon II wrote:
Use of outsourced BPCs has been implemented. Use this option if you have a dedicated copying toon that can't invent yet, or you are buying BPCs from somebody else.

Why is he calculating with different decryptors if I check and use outsourced BPCs or not? I have just checked Hulk for example and I am a little bit confused. Usually ship bpcs can be single copy one, correct? No need to have a full run copy. So where is the difference, that is justifying a different decryptor?
Ishina Fel
CaeIum Incognitum
#120 - 2012-05-25 13:00:22 UTC
Hey, I just discovered your site for the first time! :D I've never really looked into research & manufacturing before, so please forgive me if the question below is a bit noobish.

While playing around, I noticed something odd with ME levels. I remember reading in some guide that you calculate the ideal ME level of a blueprint by taking the highest item quantity from the material bill, dividing it by 5, and rounding down. However, when I go to your Manufacturing calculator and toy with the ME levels of the input blueprints, the results don't follow that rule.

Example: A fuel block blueprint. Largest quantity is 420; Ideal ME level computes as 420 / 5 = 84.

However, on your calculator, the quantity drops from 401 to 400 when doing the step from ME 39 to ME 40. Quantity does not ever drop below 400 after that, even with a ME level of 999 (the maximum I can enter). Therefore your calculator suggests that the optimal ME level is 40, not 84.

So, which is true?