These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online and LEGO models

First post First post
Author
Thgil Goldcore
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-03-27 00:56:17 UTC
Roughly how many pieces is the model? Its of good size and it helps to see it next to a person to get an idea of its scale. Course if they kept it to scale chances are good it would be a fairly high priced model.... Though for whatever reason it reminds me of the old explorieon (or however you spell it) sets I played with as a kid. Look forward to picking this one up.

I already supported it, so, yeah... good luck with it. Much more interested than the 12+ posts about a certain CSM chairman.
Tonia Vaille
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-03-27 03:16:54 UTC
I guess this is what I get for posting this during a CSM scandal - pushed to the back pages of the forums.
equcin meey
camdy and Co. inc.
#23 - 2012-03-27 03:22:40 UTC
Tonia Vaille wrote:
I guess this is what I get for posting this during a CSM scandal - pushed to the back pages of the forums.

so its all your fault then PLol

well we need another 6,163 to make this happen Big smile

support the Lego Rifter 

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/11619

St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-03-27 03:39:45 UTC
Lego Rifter
Role bonus: 100% damage to soles of feet
Skorpynekomimi
#25 - 2012-03-27 03:44:27 UTC
It's actually TO SCALE?

Wow. I really want a lego maelstrom, now.

Economic PVP

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#26 - 2012-03-27 03:47:02 UTC
I just want something lego eve.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Sticky Hamster
Nova-Tek
#27 - 2012-03-27 04:02:42 UTC
I want my own Lego Rifter also, and have already voted. :)
Eko'mo
Eko Research Institute
#28 - 2012-03-27 12:23:10 UTC
I wan it! Followed since first 100 supporters probably contributed to the now 100k views. How much cash wilit cost? has anyone discussed. Also, plex 4 lego?

http://ekolikecrayons.wordpress.com/about/

Dr Prometheus
Gears of Construction
Gears Confederation
#29 - 2012-03-27 12:38:38 UTC
A nice stunt would be that IF its made you get an Ingame lego rifter model when buying the real Lego one.

Dude, where is my Quafe Megathron?

Tonia Vaille
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2012-03-27 12:55:16 UTC
CCP has been great at promoting this so far (login advert, facebook, tweeting, having the model at fanfest). I'm trying to drum up support as well. I appreciate all the help.

There are more things we can do to draw attention and while I won't even bother asking for an ingame LEGO Rifter, how cute would it be if you could have a miniature LEGO Rifter in your captain's quarters. Hmm, maybe I will mention it...
equcin meey
camdy and Co. inc.
#31 - 2012-03-27 12:56:01 UTC  |  Edited by: equcin meey
Eko'mo wrote:
I wan it! Followed since first 100 supporters probably contributed to the now 100k views. How much cash wilit cost? has anyone discussed. Also, plex 4 lego?

it does ask how much you are willing to spend on it and how many you want, now we need 6,148 to hit the 10,000 supporter mark.

a photo of hilmar with it at fanfest

support the Lego Rifter 

Thelron
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-03-27 13:23:20 UTC
One thing about that "how much would you pay for it" question... I don't know what the going rate on LEGO is these days (other than "yup, still expensive") but also even with the measurements I wasn't able to get a good sense of the scale of the thing... I'm assuming part of their "will we make it" review is to take the possibly-serious answers against what they'd sell that much plastic for... is there any way you can get Hilmar's permission to put that photo on the cuusoo site? It'd at least let those of us who'd like to give a proper answer (rather than just one meeeeeelion dollars! or some other nonsense) a better judge of what we're saying we might buy. Looking at the site and the dimensions, I know personally I underestimated both what it was and what I'd probably *have* to pay for it, and even though I'd rather it were a nice sensible Caldari ship I would find any ship really nifty.
Capacity gear
True Terraners
#33 - 2012-03-27 14:03:04 UTC
St Mio wrote:
Lego Rifter
Role bonus: 100% damage to soles of feet

man your soo right,..

stepping on lots of lego = not so bad
stepping on a single block of lego = aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarargagaragrarararrara
Tonia Vaille
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-03-27 14:30:24 UTC
Thelron wrote:
One thing about that "how much would you pay for it" question... I don't know what the going rate on LEGO is these days (other than "yup, still expensive") but also even with the measurements I wasn't able to get a good sense of the scale of the thing... I'm assuming part of their "will we make it" review is to take the possibly-serious answers against what they'd sell that much plastic for... is there any way you can get Hilmar's permission to put that photo on the cuusoo site? It'd at least let those of us who'd like to give a proper answer (rather than just one meeeeeelion dollars! or some other nonsense) a better judge of what we're saying we might buy. Looking at the site and the dimensions, I know personally I underestimated both what it was and what I'd probably *have* to pay for it, and even though I'd rather it were a nice sensible Caldari ship I would find any ship really nifty.

We judge LEGO on a price per piece ration. It usually averages out to about 10 cents per piece. The smaller sets are usually more then ten cents per piece and the larger sets are usually less. This means that a small set may have around 70 pieces and cost $10 whereas a giant set may have 1200 pieces and cost $100. Amazingly enough, if you look at LEGO sets from 20 years ago, the price to piece ration is about the same. The difference is that the overall piece count was usually MUCH less. A giant set from 20 years ago could have like 400 pieces and therefore cost around $45. LEGO just adds a lot more detail these days. The minifig has also had some upgrades. Gone are the days of simple smiley faces. Now they have custom heads and specialized unique printing. This adds up.

I'm not sure how much the "how much would you pay for it" question is used for product design. The model I built was probably around 1500-1800 pieces I'm guessing but will most likely be downsized for production.
Marbin Drakon
Reboot Required
#35 - 2012-03-27 14:34:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Marbin Drakon
PSA to alliance leaders:

Tired of drunkenly spamming Jabber pings to no real end? Then take a moment today to drunkenly spam the LEGO Rifter link. It's for a good cause.

Example spam:

This **** is awesome, sorry for the spam, but it needs exposure. Create an account and support it if your tinfoil hats will permit.

Sent By: Marbin Drakon To: all At: 27 Mar 2012 14:37

Eve W-Space: Open source wormhole mapping and corporation management: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=210073

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#36 - 2012-03-27 14:42:20 UTC
That model rifter is so cool!

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#37 - 2012-03-27 15:19:53 UTC
6140 more to go to the finish line.

At this rate we're going to pass up the bucket of strom troopers and zelda in a week or so.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Meiyo Itansha
Kite Co. Space Trucking
#38 - 2012-03-27 15:45:56 UTC
Can't believe you haven't hit 10,000 already. Great build, would love to see a collector's line of Eve Lego ships in the vein of the Star Wars collector's models.

+1'd the day I found out about it.
sten mattson
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#39 - 2012-03-27 15:59:34 UTC
love it

though what ships to build first , i would suggest all the races most represetative frigates :

i.e -amarr : punisher
-cal : merlin
-gal : incursus / tristan

IMMA FIRING MA LAZAR!!!

Greg Valanti
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-03-27 15:59:37 UTC
Just registered and gave my support :)