These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online and LEGO models

First post First post
Author
Patsakos
Perkone
Caldari State
#201 - 2012-05-18 21:39:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Patsakos
Tonia, before you start working on another ship (if you plan on doing it), it might pay to wait a bit and check out the new models of some ships coming with inferno. I, for one, am very curious about the new crucifier.
Kentt Em'asep
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#202 - 2012-05-19 07:06:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Kentt Em'asep
Tonia Vaille wrote:
Happy to say that the LEGO Merlin is now available on Cuusoo:

LEGO Merlin


Supported! :D

Once I finish with it, you may be seeing a UCS size of the older style Reaper on there. I had posted a thread of it some time ago but the forums ate it lol. While your focusing on the bigger frigates, I think I may be going with the rookie ships. We'll see how that goes.

~"That's right. Today, tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that... from here on until forever, every time you look at my avatar - you'll see this scowl."~

~"Forever?"~

~"Yes - forever. It's what I do."~

Tonia Vaille
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#203 - 2012-05-19 17:05:34 UTC
Kentt Em'asep wrote:
Tonia Vaille wrote:
Happy to say that the LEGO Merlin is now available on Cuusoo:

LEGO Merlin


Supported! :D

Once I finish with it, you may be seeing a UCS size of the older style Reaper on there. I had posted a thread of it some time ago but the forums ate it lol. While your focusing on the bigger frigates, I think I may be going with the rookie ships. We'll see how that goes.


That looks awesome! Great work! And definitely put it up on Cuusoo! I LOVE all the EVE cuusoo products. It really shows LEGO how serious we are. I really wish I had the time (and pieces) to build all the ships. My next builds will be the Executioner and Incursus.
Kentt Em'asep
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#204 - 2012-05-19 20:54:52 UTC
Tonia Vaille wrote:

That looks awesome! Great work! And definitely put it up on Cuusoo! I LOVE all the EVE cuusoo products. It really shows LEGO how serious we are. I really wish I had the time (and pieces) to build all the ships. My next builds will be the Executioner and Incursus.

Thank you! Yep I plan to... and to also include the pod I built that can fit a guy. .The pod is actually small enough that it might have a chance of fitting in your Merlin now I think about it. It's roughly 7 studs wide and 10 studs long. Might be too small for Lego figs... but it can still fit one in there.

Even if Cuusoo turns it down, I have far plans to build the ship in reality. If you need more pieces, you could always try looking into Bricklink if you haven't already. I plan to start buying like it's the end of the world when the times comes for me to buy parts for my noob ship.

~"That's right. Today, tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that... from here on until forever, every time you look at my avatar - you'll see this scowl."~

~"Forever?"~

~"Yes - forever. It's what I do."~

Tonia Vaille
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#205 - 2012-05-19 21:51:18 UTC
Kentt Em'asep wrote:
Tonia Vaille wrote:

That looks awesome! Great work! And definitely put it up on Cuusoo! I LOVE all the EVE cuusoo products. It really shows LEGO how serious we are. I really wish I had the time (and pieces) to build all the ships. My next builds will be the Executioner and Incursus.

Thank you! Yep I plan to... and to also include the pod I built that can fit a guy. .The pod is actually small enough that it might have a chance of fitting in your Merlin now I think about it. It's roughly 7 studs wide and 10 studs long. Might be too small for Lego figs... but it can still fit one in there.

Even if Cuusoo turns it down, I have far plans to build the ship in reality. If you need more pieces, you could always try looking into Bricklink if you haven't already. I plan to start buying like it's the end of the world when the times comes for me to buy parts for my noob ship.


I have purchased pieces on Bricklink occasionally to complete existing sets or sets I buy on ebay that may be missing a piece. The Merlin represents the first time I've ever bought pieces off of Bricklink to finish a non-instruction model. Usually I look for workarounds. I did buy a ton of cheese slopes.
Kentt Em'asep
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#206 - 2012-05-19 22:02:45 UTC
Tonia Vaille wrote:

I have purchased pieces on Bricklink occasionally to complete existing sets or sets I buy on ebay that may be missing a piece. The Merlin represents the first time I've ever bought pieces off of Bricklink to finish a non-instruction model. Usually I look for workarounds. I did buy a ton of cheese slopes.


Ahh, cool. Yea... I would hate to see what my inventory would cost. I would have to purchace everything as my extra parts collection is the pile in this picture. ...Though if I go and think like a Minmatar, I could build my ship with those... and have pieces left over to also build a titan. But yea, mostly everything I own is in a storage unit >.>

~"That's right. Today, tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that... from here on until forever, every time you look at my avatar - you'll see this scowl."~

~"Forever?"~

~"Yes - forever. It's what I do."~

ctx2007
Industrial Mining and Mayhem HS
Mayhem Unlimited
#207 - 2012-06-08 17:06:06 UTC
http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/16777 Give support to this fine peice of work and see it in the shops soon Big smile

You only realise you life has been a waste of time, when you wake up dead.