These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

( ABSTAIN at very bottom) CSM is only a meta game with ramifications - other options when voting.

First post
Author
Jenshae Chiroptera
#41 - 2012-02-15 20:15:10 UTC
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Your points seem more attributable to the fact you dont like how people choose to vote and that you don't like certain candidates methods. ..

Hopefully this thread is serving to generate questions in peoples' minds about what would be best and to look a bit closer at motives. I doubt it matters. People will protest it loudly but they will not want to accept how easily they are manipulated.

The design of the system produces particular results.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2012-02-15 20:19:02 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Your points seem more attributable to the fact you dont like how people choose to vote and that you don't like certain candidates methods. ..

Hopefully this thread is serving to generate questions in peoples' minds about what would be best and to look a bit closer at motives. I doubt it matters. People will protest it loudly but they will not want to accept how easily they are manipulated.

The design of the system produces particular results.

Please don't remove the possibility that erroneous methods can also conspire to cement views you wish to change.
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#43 - 2012-02-15 20:29:53 UTC
Democracy is a sham: A low-comedic dumb-show to keep the masses placated and believing that they actually matter.

Always was, always will be, and one I've long since ceased to believe in--it does, however, make for great entertainment! Twisted Hey, "Bread and Circuses" works, no-one who has even the most basic understanding of human nature can deny that!

Proof:

The actual actions/track-record of the (post-1994) government in the OP's home country, among many, many other similar actions in many, many other countries. (BTW, has Julius Malema been hauled away in chains yet as he so richly deserves?)

Wither merit? And more importantly, how can we ensure that only those who prove superior merit ascend?

Oh, and don't you just adore the Goonies' current meme of using an utterly disgusting and offensive trivialisation of/attacks on people with a legitimate behavioural/social problem to try and shout-down anyone saying anything they don't happen to like. Do any of you idiots even know what Asperger's Syndrome is? Nice institutionalised ad hominem, bru...Roll

You stay classy, Goonies: Show all those huddled masses of inferior "pubbies" (whatever those areUgh) how it's done at the highest levels!

Ni.

Mintrolio
Doomheim
#44 - 2012-02-15 20:30:21 UTC
CONFRIMIGN I AM AGRE WITH SOMETHING HEAR AND DISAGRE WITH OTHRE THING HEAR.

ALSO ONLY REALS OPTION IST TO VOTIGN FUR MINTROLIO, VOICE OF RAISIN, KEEPER OF GOAT AND THE ONLY OTHRE MAJOR CANDATE TO BE IN CSM ELECSIONS PROCCESS.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#45 - 2012-02-15 20:34:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Lyrrashae wrote:
Wither merit? And more importantly, how can we ensure that only those who prove superior merit ascend?

Aptitude and personality testing.
I don't reside in South Africa.

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Lyrrashae
#46 - 2012-02-15 20:49:48 UTC
Lyrrashae wrote:

Aptitude and personality testing.
I don't reside in South Africa.

The French do this, I believe, or at least they used to?

To get certain government jobs, you have to take courses and sit exams, not just on entry, but throughout your career and upon being considered for promotion, IIRC.

Are you from SA, though? Sounds like it.

Ni.

Lyrrashae
#47 - 2012-02-15 20:51:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
Mintrolio wrote:
CONFRIMIGN I AM AGRE WITH SOMETHING HEAR AND DISAGRE WITH OTHRE THING HEAR.

ALSO ONLY REALS OPTION IST TO VOTIGN FUR MINTROLIO, VOICE OF RAISIN, KEEPER OF GOAT AND THE ONLY OTHRE MAJOR CANDATE TO BE IN CSM ELECSIONS PROCCESS.

I propose that we all pitch in to get Mintrollio a new keyboard! With a working caps-lock key.

E: Grrrrrrrr...Windows Explorer crashed on me, again--right, re-booting, and then back to playing with the Goon-puppets!

Ni.

Andski
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#48 - 2012-02-15 20:53:02 UTC
Quote:
(Mittens, you may not want to admit it, but your day in the sun is over. Next!)

so :shobon:, so idealistic

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Jenshae Chiroptera
#49 - 2012-02-15 21:00:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Lyrrashae wrote:
I propose that we all pitch in to get Mintrollio a new keyboard! With a workingNO caps-lock key.

Fixed.
Lyrrashae wrote:

Even in the cases where some exams are taken, they usually rely on political "science", history and such. You still end up with Misters of transport who are too busy reading a newspaper while being chauffeur driven to know what traffic is like and have no idea how to even change a tire.

Bush senior and junior, Clintons, the Kennedys, "old boys' club" of England and so forth. The systems are being played like a well tuned instrument.

One of the problems is that usually the people who most desire the job and will jump through all the hoops to get it usually are the worst people for it.

Not even once

Lyrrashae
#50 - 2012-02-15 21:08:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
Lyrrashae wrote:
I propose that we all pitch in to get Mintrollio a new keyboard! With a workingNO caps-lock key.

Fixed.
Lyrrashae wrote:

Well, I'm just saying his caps-lock key is probably broken after all the abuse he's put it through Blink

Even in the cases where some exams are taken, they usually rely on political "science", history and such. You still end up with Misters of transport who are too busy reading a newspaper while being chauffeur driven to know what traffic is like and have no idea how to even change a tire.

Bush senior and junior, Clintons, the Kennedys, "old boys' club" of England and so forth. The systems are being played like a well tuned instrument.

One of the problems is that usually the people who most desire the job and will jump through all the hoops to get it usually are the worst people for it.

^^And, this...It's axiomatic, practically.

So where do we find the most reluctant of leaders, and how to convince them that they need to step up?

Ni.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#51 - 2012-02-15 21:44:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Lyrrashae wrote:
So where do we find the most reluctant of leaders, and how to convince them that they need to step up?

Psychometric testing while they are still in the education system and before they hone their ability to deceive.

In EVE? I think that is the problem. "In EVE"
Every player has their own dreams and ideas of how they feel the game should be but the problem is that it isn't tempered by an understanding of game design. Their passion tends to blind them to the way their ideas would affect the rest of the game.

Aztec sacrifices were popular at one time.
Now there is an altar in EVE on which some players want to sacrifice others for the gratuitous slaughter that they feel entitled to have. They don't seem to realise that cheering on these priests will lead to a lack of real gaming in the long term future.

Not even once

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2012-02-15 21:58:37 UTC
Look at this thread. Just look at it. All this crap so you can avoid talking to other people and building a coalition.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#53 - 2012-02-15 22:02:02 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Look at this thread. Just look at it. All this crap so you can avoid talking to other people and building a coalition.

Still trapped in that assumption?

Not even once

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#54 - 2012-02-15 22:02:06 UTC
is this the actual aspie from last year? anyway, in a position where persuasion matters, charisma is aptitude.

sorry about your foreveralone

~hi~

Jenshae Chiroptera
#55 - 2012-02-15 22:04:51 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
is this the actual aspie from last year? anyway, in a position where persuasion matters, charisma is aptitude.

sorry about your foreveralone

Trouble is what you are persuading them about!

Not even once

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2012-02-15 22:08:16 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:

Still trapped in that assumption?

Yes. Set me free. Show me you've done it. All I see as a bunch of griping about popularity contests and talk of ... aptitude tests? That's hilarious on so many levels.

Anyhow, yes, democracy doesn't work if you're lazy.
The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-02-15 22:17:35 UTC
a bloo bloo bloo i lost an election and someone i dislike ended up in charge, let's come up with an authoritarian solution instead of organizing

~hi~

Jenshae Chiroptera
#58 - 2012-02-15 22:41:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
The Mittani wrote:
a bloo bloo bloo i lost an election and someone i dislike ended up in charge, let's come up with an authoritarian solution instead of organizing

Do you hear yourself?

Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Yes. Set me free. Show me you've done it. All I see as a bunch of griping about popularity ...

Wrong assumption.

You are both under a similar belief that I ran for CSM or that you think I want to be in CSM.
You keep trying to attack me as a person, it is rather exasperating, like watching a child beating away at a noisy toy then looking up at you to make sure they have your attention. Roll

Meanwhile, I am saying that this process / system produces useless people and results, which may mislead CCP.

Not even once

Retar Aveymone
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#59 - 2012-02-15 22:56:26 UTC
we already had the competency review tribunal assess your thinking capabilities and it found them deficient cease posting immediately and do not attempt to vote
Jenshae Chiroptera
#60 - 2012-02-15 23:03:24 UTC
Retar Aveymone wrote:
we already had the competency review tribunal assess your thinking capabilities and it found them deficient cease posting immediately and do not attempt to vote

Retar Aveymone wrote:

i have reviewed your posts and determined you are incompetent to offer advice or opinions, and most especially to vote

please cease doing so at once

Roll

Not even once