These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVEMon - The Open Source Character Planner (v3.0.0)

First post
Author
TYLER DURDAN69
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#181 - 2013-12-05 12:17:41 UTC
auto fellatio occured. Sorry good sir for the stupid question.
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#182 - 2013-12-17 18:04:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Domanique Altares
I was playing around with working on skill plans for a new character, and noticed that within the planning window, if you change to a saved implant set (ie, one that you 'made up' in the Tools->Implant Groups menu) it seems to be applying the attribute bonuses negatively when you attempt to calculate the optimized attributes.

tl;dr: Implants apparently calculate a longer train time when you use the attribute optimizer tool.

EDIT: Nvm. Cleared cache and recalculated, and it seems to have fixed. Odd.
Galileo Ohaya
Tortuga Coalition 102
#183 - 2013-12-23 19:23:56 UTC
Looking to help develop a set of skills for new Corp members. How do I add a generic character to EVEmon so I can create a plan for a character that doesn't exist? I know it can be done, I'm just not smart enough to figure it out.

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#184 - 2013-12-23 20:53:06 UTC
Menero Orti wrote:
This is starting to get really old now

O'really?

I have this issue too. It's only on one of my pilots but it seems to be random as to what one it will effect. I've tried completely uninstalling and re-installing and that didn't help. I'm running Windows 7.

It's not a huge deal since it still shows the time left in the main window.

Thanks for an awesome program! My pilots wouldn't have nearly as many SP without it.
Bobby Frutt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#185 - 2014-01-03 20:52:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobby Frutt
Hiya, Great work and thanks for the program!

One issue I have: It would be nice if the overview tab showed a countdown of the current skill queues, instead of showing how much time you can add to the current skill queues. I'm actually forced to use EVEHQ in conjunction with this just so I don't have to work out the math for 8 diff. characters in order to figure out when each next training expiration will occur.

Another issue I'm having: Skills will not properly sort by duration. It seems certain skills get scattered when sorting this way; I'll see a 1 day 12 hour skill clumped in with the 7 hour skills for instance.
Malachi Echerie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#186 - 2014-01-04 06:35:24 UTC
Quite the little tool you have here, It's helped a scrub like me loads.
Frank Millar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#187 - 2014-01-04 14:06:53 UTC
Galileo Ohaya wrote:
Looking to help develop a set of skills for new Corp members. How do I add a generic character to EVEmon so I can create a plan for a character that doesn't exist? I know it can be done, I'm just not smart enough to figure it out.

Try "Blank Character Creator" under "Tools".
Desmont McCallock
#188 - 2014-01-05 08:47:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Desmont McCallock
Bobby Frutt wrote:
Hiya, Great work and thanks for the program!

One issue I have: It would be nice if the overview tab showed a countdown of the current skill queues, instead of showing how much time you can add to the current skill queues. I'm actually forced to use EVEHQ in conjunction with this just so I don't have to work out the math for 8 diff. characters in order to figure out when each next training expiration will occur.

Another issue I'm having: Skills will not properly sort by duration. It seems certain skills get scattered when sorting this way; I'll see a 1 day 12 hour skill clumped in with the 7 hour skills for instance.

1. Tools>Options>Main Window>Overview group section has all the available settings for the overview.
2. Probably skills have other skills as prerequisite.
Talonikus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#189 - 2014-01-18 22:04:23 UTC
Masamune Dekoro wrote:
Any plans to integrate the new certificate/mastery system in eventually?

Also wondering that, but I guess if you're still busy atm that's not imminent. Good work, in any case. It's still an invaluable tool :)
Desmont McCallock
#190 - 2014-01-19 15:25:25 UTC
It so happens that I just finished coding EVEMon's own version of Jognu's YamlToSql. The difference with Jognu's version is that EVEMon's has also the ability to parse and insert the new certificates data into EVE's SDE DB.

But my work is far from over. This was just 'Step 1'.

Step 2 includes the coding of the generator for the 'mastery.xml' file (I'm renaming it so it's not the same with the old certificates file and have conflicts with older EVEMon versions) that EVEMon needs.

And Step 3 includes the coding and the designing of the ISIS browser that will be shown in EVEMon's Skill Planner.

Due to the fact that my time is limited I can't say when the final product will hit EVEMon but it will eventually.
IIshira
Caldari State
#191 - 2014-01-19 15:33:56 UTC
I do miss certificates because you could plan training based on them and just remove any unnecessary skills.

BTW has anyone figured out what's causing the "100% Done" bug?
Desmont McCallock
#192 - 2014-01-19 15:43:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Desmont McCallock
Yes. It's caused by CCP's API feed (SkillQueue). Instead of supplying the correct 'startSP' it supplies the same as the 'endSP' causing the "100% Done" bug. If you monitored the EVE Technology Lab forum lately you would had noticed that the API feeds have a lot of issue which CCP doesn't care (so much) to fix.

You can see it in action for yourself via EVEMon's API Tester in Tools.
IIshira
Caldari State
#193 - 2014-01-19 16:04:08 UTC
Desmont McCallock wrote:
Yes. It's caused by CCP's API feed (SkillQueue). Instead of supplying the correct 'startSP' it supplies the same as the 'endSP' causing the "100% Done" bug. If you monitored the EVE Technology Lab forum lately you would had noticed that the API feeds have a lot of issue which CCP doesn't care (so much) to fix.

You can see it in action for yourself via EVEMon's API Tester in Tools.

Okay thanks much! I suspected it had something to do with the API since Evemon only displays what the API gives. Maybe CCP will add it to their list of things to fix Big smile
Desmont McCallock
#194 - 2014-01-28 18:54:40 UTC
New version and data files are available.
Kalu Alar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#195 - 2014-01-30 01:35:15 UTC
With the new version, is anyone else not seeing skill level or role bonus info for ships anymore? All I see now is Development and Developer info for ships.
Desmont McCallock
#196 - 2014-01-30 07:05:13 UTC
Role bonus in ship description have been removed from CCP's data. Does anyone read the CCP's patch note anymore? Apparently not.
Kalu Alar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#197 - 2014-01-31 21:37:03 UTC
Did not realize creating the Traits tab removed the data from the database.... Just saw they added another file to SDE "typeids.yaml" which contains the traits data.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4171897#post4171897
Desmont McCallock
#198 - 2014-02-01 07:47:10 UTC
We know. We are working on it. No promises on an ETA.
Desmont McCallock
#199 - 2014-02-02 14:48:07 UTC
Traits are back and are displayed again in ship's description section with EVEMon's Rubicon 1.1.2 data files.
Obunagawe
#200 - 2014-02-08 18:09:41 UTC
I have a suggestion:

When looking at a skill plan for a character, have a "Total SP gained from Start to Finish of Plan" included in the little info display at the bottom of the window, alongside total training time, isk required, number of skills.

Would help me, and probably others.