These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

June release - Issues

First post
Author
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#61 - 2017-06-16 17:00:21 UTC
Thanks everyone for the feedback on the Volume column in the survey scanner window.

With regards to the reasoning behind this change, we deemed that as the "Mining amount" attribute of any mining module and the capacity of a ship is represented in m3, not units, its more useful to be able to see the total volume of Ore in a given asteroid.

However, as the old saying goes, "any change breaks someone workflow" and we understand that this means an amount of window adjustment for anyone who's been using the window on its minimum size.

We've discussed this internally, and decided that implementing filtering or rearranging for columns would be a bigger task than we can commit developer hours to at this time while we work on other priorities. However, we are open to discussion about how to best arrange these columns to fit everyone's needs.

One goal we'd like to achieve is keep Quantity and Volume next to each other as they both have similar uses, so we could go for something like these following options:

1. Ore Name | Distance | Volume | Quantity
  2. Ore Name | Distance | Quantity | Volume
  3. Ore Name | Quantity | Volume | Distance

We're liking the look of the 2nd option there as it allows the previous "tiny window" use case, but doesn't seperate the related columns.

What would people think of this as a compromise?

Side note: I'm not aware of a single EVE dev that uses a 4k monitor when designing or testing features, I'm not sure where that assumption came from!

Love,

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

Williamm Mennosohn
Wanderer No.9
#62 - 2017-06-16 17:14:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Williamm Mennosohn
RandomGuyC5 wrote:
I just consumed a Rogue Swarm Acclerator, but according to the UI it seems like i now need more Time to train instead of less, i'm pretty sure Drones V took me 9 Days now it tells me it going to take 17 Days

Just want you to know you are not alone, same Bug here with a little twist.

Consumed the Rogue Swarm Accelerator, BUT THE TRAINING TIME STAYS THE SAME.

Already submitted a bug report, bot reply said the devs are investigating, but no further reply so far. Making me doubt about it.

It feels unfair to receive no bonus at all from the said Accelerator, especially when you know other people are enjoying the benefits to their hearts' content.
Sergey Hawk
The Sith Syndicate
REFORD
#63 - 2017-06-17 08:44:35 UTC
"CCP Lebowski" wrote:
We're liking the look of the 2nd option there as it allows the previous "tiny window" use case, but doesn't seperate the related columns.

+
2nd option is the best for me and my compact windows layout

Aura: "You need to be within range to execute this function."

Kimi Räikkönen: “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.”

Adiyna Malak
State War Academy
Caldari State
#64 - 2017-06-17 20:49:53 UTC
PLEX vault isn't working! Evil
Draven MCcloud
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#65 - 2017-06-17 21:26:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Draven MCcloud
Yes logged in today and plex is not showing in vault?

FYI i am missing 1000 plex i got when you switch over from aurum,,,
scottyp
Diversified Cargo Inc.
#66 - 2017-06-20 12:50:25 UTC
From patch notes
"Re-added Omega time remaining in the character sheet."

not showing up for me
Felyx Ravencroft
#67 - 2017-06-20 21:56:38 UTC
scottyp wrote:
From patch notes
"Re-added Omega time remaining in the character sheet."

not showing up for me

I get an expiration date+time, but not an actual "time remaining" counter - I'm guessing this is what was meant by the announcement, but an actual literal "remaining time" counter would be rather nice to have back... If not too much trouble Blink
Miiikka
Stanza Inc.
#68 - 2017-06-21 06:33:39 UTC
CCP Lebowski wrote:
Thanks everyone for the feedback on the Volume column in the survey scanner window.

With regards to the reasoning behind this change, we deemed that as the "Mining amount" attribute of any mining module and the capacity of a ship is represented in m3, not units, its more useful to be able to see the total volume of Ore in a given asteroid.

However, as the old saying goes, "any change breaks someone workflow" and we understand that this means an amount of window adjustment for anyone who's been using the window on its minimum size.

We've discussed this internally, and decided that implementing filtering or rearranging for columns would be a bigger task than we can commit developer hours to at this time while we work on other priorities. However, we are open to discussion about how to best arrange these columns to fit everyone's needs.

One goal we'd like to achieve is keep Quantity and Volume next to each other as they both have similar uses, so we could go for something like these following options:

1. Ore Name | Distance | Volume | Quantity
  2. Ore Name | Distance | Quantity | Volume
  3. Ore Name | Quantity | Volume | Distance

What would people think of this as a compromise?

Side note: I'm not aware of a single EVE dev that uses a 4k monitor when designing or testing features, I'm not sure where that assumption came from!

Love,

Option 2 please
Firinne Satir
Long Pig Luncheon Meat
Sending Thots And Players
#69 - 2017-06-21 18:59:24 UTC
Miiikka wrote:

Option 2 please

+1
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#70 - 2017-06-27 05:47:52 UTC
For reasons that I don't understand you have changed the brightness of background nebulae, the Domain nebula in particular. Looking up to the nebula now basically throws several suns worth of brightness into your eyes and makes the UI completely unreadable.

And you still have not fixed the problem with the CEO replacement of the Emperor Family NPC corporation.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Mints
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2017-06-28 11:41:28 UTC
Mints wrote:
UI elements that share a tab with another element no longer close when you click their neocom icon.

For example, in my set up: Market, Contracts, Mail, and People&Places all expand into tabs in the same window. None of these will close if I click their necom icon again (they WILL close if I hit their hotkey). This behavior persists even if none of their shared elements are open.

Prior to this morning's patch (2017.06.14) they would close if you hit the neocom icon again (assuming they were already open). Elements that don't share a window with anything still close normally when you click their icon.

A quick test with Notepad + Corporation elements showed that both of them behaved normally (neocom icon would open and close them) until they were both tabbed into the same window, after which neither of them would close upon clicking associated neocom icon.

Clearing cache files didn't resolve this issue.

Thanks for fixing this stack behavior!
Lasstore Vader
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2017-06-28 14:37:43 UTC
Hello eve staff. Hope you all are having a nice day.

Can you please assist me? Eve onlie does want work properly I can login into my account and press the play button then the game starts load then suddenly stop working and says ."eve luncher has stop working because of problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled nothing helps.i'm playing the game from a brand new windows 10 gaming laptop .
Uselesss Pig
Killing with pink power
Penguins with lasorz
#73 - 2017-06-29 08:40:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Uselesss Pig
When starting manufacturing job in citadel and after starting few jobs i get message that i've reached the limit of my available jobs*curent skills do not support bla bla* even though the char has 4-5more job slots according to his skills i get this error for multiple characters this is seriously impacting item production.
D Ijonen
Doomheim
#74 - 2017-07-06 18:14:33 UTC

In my personal chat today, one of my alts is permanently in the channels characterlist. I logged him off hours ago. New Feature?
Mai Hantaka
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#75 - 2017-07-13 20:34:39 UTC
Oru main corp office got unrented and all content was lost. Happened to an alliance mate as well. Any update on that?

EVE Online: Ascension - if you like your bio you can keep your bio

Dave TheRaver
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#76 - 2017-07-15 19:14:16 UTC
hi ccp,

what happened with the Antipharmakon Toxot and other drugs. Have they been phased out ? So only current stock remains ?
Baldin Tarmain
B T C
I'm Feeling Good
#77 - 2017-07-16 06:04:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Baldin Tarmain
Maltar Evingod wrote:
Funny bug after today extended downtime:
Minmatar lowsec, asteroid belt: there is an NPC mining fleet present, there are rat-wrecks, there is the beacon, but there are no asteroids!
Poor little NPC's, no income today!

Nothing to worry about, but very funny!
Bug report sent.

We are having a real problem with this. Every belt in our system is being wiped by NPC miners EVERY, SINGLE, DAY!!!

I submitted a bug report weeks ago which is still open. Anyone else seeing this...or are we the only "lucky" ones?

I have found that even within an hour of down-time, there is not a single asteroid to be found in the system. I doubt that NPCs could mine them all out that fast.

Rats still arrive...but no asteroids.
abdulaz
Perkone
Caldari State
#78 - 2017-07-18 17:29:15 UTC
From today's patch notes: "It is again possible to rename containers in corporation hangars in stations and Upwell structures."

On the other hand, this I presume broke renaming containers in personal hangars. You only get a message: "You can't rename objects that you do not have access to." Bug report up with ID EBR-127399