These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

June release - Issues

First post
Author
Mr Chili Palmer
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#41 - 2017-06-14 11:08:07 UTC
my ui has defaulted to a new players ui none of my windows are present
my market quickbar is now empty
on an alt i am no longer to see my market orders that are in another system

"If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried"

"If your boss is getting you down, look at him through the prongs of a fork and imagine him in jail"

Lieutenant Apparent
H A V O C
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#42 - 2017-06-14 11:17:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Lieutenant Apparent
It looks like the Nyx valimor legacy skin is not on the drop list for the event. There have been zero sold in any major hub since the event started and nobody has seen it. Is this intended?
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2017-06-14 11:39:42 UTC
Two things

1. I'm only getting 1 Plex in the rogue drone sites. I feel you didn't take the new Plex into consideration and forgot to up the Plex drops to something more worthwhile for how rare they are.
Otherwise no point of Plex being In event, just pull them out and have skins.
Getting 1 Plex in a site is worse than just getting a random skin.
1/500 Plex can't do anything.

2. Frame rate drop since update.
Was getting 17-18 all the way zoomed out, back down to 12. Very choppy and I'm used to playing it choppy anyway, but I was sad to see it was fixed somehow only to have it go back to being choppy for lower end computers this morning.
Sergey Hawk
The Sith Syndicate
REFORD
#44 - 2017-06-14 12:29:13 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:

1. I'm only getting 1 Plex in the rogue drone sites...

Integrated Drone BPC from event have only 1 run.
CCP just have a black belt in trolling Twisted

Aura: "You need to be within range to execute this function."

Kimi Räikkönen: “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.”

Stasia Ohau
Etnica Holdings Ltd.
#45 - 2017-06-14 13:53:09 UTC
Whatever you did to the lighting in stations has made particle hair see-through. All my characters look like they're on chemotherapy.
Damhest
Monkey Attack Squad
Goonswarm Federation
#46 - 2017-06-14 18:13:29 UTC
Confirming that TAB key goes not work in certain UI elements:

  • Multibuy
  • Buy window with advanced settings
  • Third step of Create contract
  • Reply mail
  • Others, maybe. Those above are the ones i cared to

It kinda works if the window is juct opened, but if i click on a field to edit it, then TABbing out sends the cursor to dangerous, unknown parts of space where Drifters dwell.
Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't, even if it's the same window.
Solomon Phi
Kill Them With Kindness
Templis CALSF
#47 - 2017-06-14 19:59:46 UTC
Have I missed a module change or something? I was flying a frigate this morning before downtime. All mods onlined. Now after DT patch today I'm finding I can't online all the mods. Fit hasn't changed.
Solomon Phi
Kill Them With Kindness
Templis CALSF
#48 - 2017-06-14 21:41:09 UTC
Solomon Phi wrote:
Have I missed a module change or something? I was flying a frigate this morning before downtime. All mods onlined. Now after DT patch today I'm finding I can't online all the mods. Fit hasn't changed.

fixed
logged off cos wasn't finding solution to above. Just logged back on again and all mods can online. Roll
Mikkhi Kisht
Vanity Thy Name Is
#49 - 2017-06-14 22:02:40 UTC
I'd hoped this release would solve my chat window avatars problem. It didn't. Unless I flip back and forth on chat tabs, the avatars of others in system are the two toned grey outline pics. What do I have to do at this point to get the thumbnail images back without getting click-happy with chat tabs??

The borderline overheating GPU problem is still something of a problem. Whatever was tweaked to get it somewhat better, please give it another tweak turn or two to get back to normal FPS numbers & GPU temperatures.

While others are stuck with darkened station interiors, someone's cranked the halogens where I've been parked. A Minmatar base probably shouldn't be that bright & scrubbed looking. This character is blind but now she needs shades to avoid eye pain from the brightness. o.O'

That's it for now. Thanks for the fixes in advance.

>Mikk
Mints
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2017-06-14 22:34:24 UTC
UI elements that share a tab with another element no longer close when you click their neocom icon.

For example, in my set up: Market, Contracts, Mail, and People&Places all expand into tabs in the same window. None of these will close if I click their necom icon again (they WILL close if I hit their hotkey). This behavior persists even if none of their shared elements are open.

Prior to this morning's patch (2017.06.14) they would close if you hit the neocom icon again (assuming they were already open). Elements that don't share a window with anything still close normally when you click their icon.

A quick test with Notepad + Corporation elements showed that both of them behaved normally (neocom icon would open and close them) until they were both tabbed into the same window, after which neither of them would close upon clicking associated neocom icon.

Clearing cache files didn't resolve this issue.
uhnboy ghost
retard hills
#51 - 2017-06-14 23:59:51 UTC  |  Edited by: uhnboy ghost
Quote:
dont know it this is linked too this but all my moon icons refuse too load http://i.imgur.com/iimAZHN.png
before the patch i had random lag when eve tryed loading the pics everytime i pressed a moon in ov, so im happy they dont work but still

Fixed in patch 2017-06-15 rest is still broken

in the solar system map the probes randmly goes "transparens" http://i.imgur.com/ww5PMlZ.png and flickering when i move them or the camera UPDATE: here is a gif http://imgur.com/a/VdEBY

not new too this patch but chat portraits refuse too load, too get them too load u need too scrool them out of the wiew then when you scrool back they have loaded ( have this on my 2 diffrent pc)

edit: and yeah all latest drivers and shared cache verifyed

//uhnboy 84K probe scans in 2014 http://i.imgur.com/Uaid5iu.png

Sylvia Kildare
Flux Divinity
#52 - 2017-06-15 03:05:29 UTC
Miiikka wrote:
Sylvia Kildare wrote:
I think they're saying the problem they're having is they can't see the right most column now without expanding the window side-to-side significantly. Presumably the rightmost column has the data they care about.

Maybe just allowing people to reorder the columns (like you can with an overview) would be all that's needed? That way, they can put the stat (distance, units, or volume) they care about the least to the far right so if it gets cut off by their window size, they won't care as much.


Yes, this is what we are asking for.

CCP Lebowski:

I seems from the replies here that there are a number of people who would like this option.


I haven't mined since Tuesday but when I do I use a survey scanner on my orca to help my two exhumers/barges know what and when to mine, and from what you guys were saying it was clear to me we need some column customisation love. ;)

Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Two things

1. I'm only getting 1 Plex in the rogue drone sites. I feel you didn't take the new Plex into consideration and forgot to up the Plex drops to something more worthwhile for how rare they are.
Otherwise no point of Plex being In event, just pull them out and have skins.
Getting 1 Plex in a site is worse than just getting a random skin.
1/500 Plex can't do anything.


... On the other hand, some of the skins will be worth <1 million ISK by a month from now due to oversaturation/lack of demand... any nuPLEX you get from this event should be worth ~2.5 mil ISK or so for a good time to come now.

Mikkhi Kisht wrote:
I'd hoped this release would solve my chat window avatars problem. It didn't. Unless I flip back and forth on chat tabs, the avatars of others in system are the two toned grey outline pics. What do I have to do at this point to get the thumbnail images back without getting click-happy with chat tabs??


Yeah, I've noticed that issue before as well. But it did not start with Tuesday's patch. It's been around for a few weeks. Maybe May patch day.

You can also minimise a chat window and then bring it back up and it'll (temporarily) un-grey the avatars.

For the guestlist in a station or citadel, switch to agents or offices tab and then back to guests to temp fix it.

Very annoying bug, though, for those of us who know some people by their faces in chat as much as by their names!
Mikkhi Kisht
Vanity Thy Name Is
#53 - 2017-06-15 05:19:47 UTC
Sylvia Kildare wrote:


Mikkhi Kisht wrote:
I'd hoped this release would solve my chat window avatars problem. It didn't. Unless I flip back and forth on chat tabs, the avatars of others in system are the two toned grey outline pics. What do I have to do at this point to get the thumbnail images back without getting click-happy with chat tabs??


Yeah, I've noticed that issue before as well. But it did not start with Tuesday's patch. It's been around for a few weeks. Maybe May patch day.

You can also minimise a chat window and then bring it back up and it'll (temporarily) un-grey the avatars.

For the guestlist in a station or citadel, switch to agents or offices tab and then back to guests to temp fix it.

Very annoying bug, though, for those of us who know some people by their faces in chat as much as by their names!


I put in a memo about it a few days ago that mentioned it's been going on since at least May, down in the Workaround/Localization/Issues section. No official response there so I had my fingers crossed it would be fixed in Tuesday's release. Le Sigh...

With all the similar names flying about now, I also go on avatar pic as first step of knowing what trouble's in a system.
Felyx Ravencroft
#54 - 2017-06-15 09:33:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Felyx Ravencroft
Ship-Fitting and Simulation Mode glitch, new since this patch:
Almost every time that I am in ship-fitting and then simulate that ship to try alternatives, when I turn off sim mode the modules in the sim remain apparently in place. They aren't but the view isn't being restored to the current fit. Entering and exiting sim mode fixes it. This is happening in any station I've tried (all been NPC-owned), so is not a direct variation of the Upwell-related issue (though may be related, for all I know.)

EDIT: [This section moved to General Feedback]
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#55 - 2017-06-15 10:18:39 UTC
Felyx Ravencroft wrote:
Ship-Fitting and Simulation Mode glitch, new since this patch:
Almost every time that I am in ship-fitting and then simulate that ship to try alternatives, when I turn off sim mode the modules in the sim remain apparently in place. They aren't but the view isn't being restored to the current fit. Entering and exiting sim mode fixes it. This is happening in any station I've tried (all been NPC-owned), so is not a direct variation of the Upwell-related issue (though may be related, for all I know.)

EDIT: [This section moved to General Feedback]
If you could file a bugreport on it from within the client (right after reproducing the issue) it would be greatly appreciated Smile

Damhest wrote:
Confirming that TAB key goes not work in certain UI elements:

  • [..].

It kinda works if the window is juct opened, but if i click on a field to edit it, then TABbing out sends the cursor to dangerous, unknown parts of space where Drifters dwell.
Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't, even if it's the same window.
This should be fixed in today's patch, but thanks for raising the issue Smile

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Felyx Ravencroft
#56 - 2017-06-15 10:51:23 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Felyx Ravencroft wrote:
Ship-Fitting and Simulation Mode glitch, new since this patch:
Almost every time that I am in ship-fitting and then simulate that ship to try alternatives, when I turn off sim mode the modules in the sim remain apparently in place. They aren't but the view isn't being restored to the current fit. Entering and exiting sim mode fixes it. This is happening in any station I've tried (all been NPC-owned), so is not a direct variation of the Upwell-related issue (though may be related, for all I know.)

EDIT: [This section moved to General Feedback]
If you could file a bugreport on it from within the client (right after reproducing the issue) it would be greatly appreciated Smile


Thanks - I'll check it out after today's downtime, if it recurs (so far it's been nearly 100% of the time, unless it was heavy lag + impatience on my part, which just occurred to me as a possibility) I will do as you ask. :)
Blazemonger
Signal Cartel
EvE-Scout Enclave
#57 - 2017-06-15 12:48:43 UTC
CCP Lebowski wrote:
[quote=Miiikka] Out of curiosity and to potentially help the case for future iteration, whats your use case for removing this column?


Not everyone runs 4K screens would be good..

In general it appears CCP designs and thinks up 'moar bling' while forgetting many users are on 1080P and below. It may look 'kewl' on your development station but maybe try running it through some lower resolution setups.. The survey windows was fine, the extra information may be useful to some, but a lot of players could probably not care less or can't spare the pixels..

There is plenty of UI/UX issues to be fixed before more stuff is added.
Blazemonger
Signal Cartel
EvE-Scout Enclave
#58 - 2017-06-15 12:52:16 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Two things
1. I'm only getting 1 Plex in the rogue drone sites.


Marketing dude.. the idea here is that you end up with a handful and then spend $ to be able to use them. And while a lot of us will go 'Nah.. just sell em in game' , plenty players will do this exact thing..
Vraygan
#59 - 2017-06-15 13:37:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Vraygan
Together my corp has run over 300 Drone Patrols since the patch, in the same system as before. Sentient commanders/officers are spawning 1/5th (20% or worse) as often as before. There was nothing in the patch notes about spawn rates. Is this intended?

Me and one other dedicated salvager track spawns and who gets them for our corp, so we can divvy it up fairly. Last month, our members ran over 1,000 Drone patrols. We suspect that the change to the BPC drop rate unintentionally affected Sentient spawn rates.

If the drop rate of drone nexus chips were also reduced, the SOE ships are going to be a LOT rarer than you anticipated...
Maltar Evingod
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2017-06-15 13:45:23 UTC
Funny bug after today extended downtime:
Minmatar lowsec, asteroid belt: there is an NPC mining fleet present, there are rat-wrecks, there is the beacon, but there are no asteroids!
Poor little NPC's, no income today!

Nothing to worry about, but very funny!
Bug report sent.