These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Advanced Audio Settings Changes

First post
Author
Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#281 - 2017-06-09 05:13:27 UTC
Dominous Nolen wrote:
Malice Redeemer wrote:
I will not play without the audio alerts, I will not play with the crimewatch buzzer going off every 5-10 seconds.

Are these changes going to be fixed?

They said They've been taking feedback from is so far, however we haven't had official confirmation of upcoming changes..

Right now check SISI for build updates, aside from that we're waiting on ccp to confirm

Seems that taking feedback is CCP speak for ignoring everyone not saying what we want to hear.
Felyx Ravencroft
#282 - 2017-06-09 07:04:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Felyx Ravencroft
Callidus Dux wrote:
Bad job CCP!
...Especially that you already HAVE Implemented the feature to deactivate the locking sound (and many others as individual category). But only for "Inactive Clients".

This had also occurred to me - it's bizarre how inactive clients' sounds can be more finely tuned/customized than those of the MAIN, ACTIVE (and in some cases, ONLY) client - WTF. This is totally alt-centric, of course - but what about players who DON'T multibox like manic ferrets with MPD?

Very odd (read: "ass-backward"), indeed...
Malice Redeemer
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#283 - 2017-06-09 22:38:33 UTC
Still unable to play, I will not be conditioned to accept the crimewatch buzzer going off every 10 seconds. Fix the buzzer, remove it, or give back the option to mute it.
Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#284 - 2017-06-10 10:04:01 UTC
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Still unable to play, I will not be conditioned to accept the crimewatch buzzer going off every 10 seconds. Fix the buzzer, remove it, or give back the option to mute it.

Try doing exploration and hacking mini game. Whoever designed the audio for that hates people with hearing.
Malice Redeemer
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#285 - 2017-06-10 18:49:11 UTC
I'm only logging in to do skill ques, if I don't hear something promising on this bull soon, I'm going to stop doing that.
Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#286 - 2017-06-12 17:10:35 UTC
CCP Baldar,

At this point it was stated that you were not looking to making changes as of the current release... We'll release day is upon us again and I'm just curious where we sit at this point. There has been enough push back on this change that people are actively not logging in due to these changes (my logins have be been steadly reducing as well).

We need more control, not less. Please get someone to feedback here as we need some form of update.

@dominousnolen

"Fly dangerously, Fly safe, Fly whatever, just keep Flying." - Lee Blackwood

Malice Redeemer
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#287 - 2017-06-14 01:06:22 UTC
It is amusing to me the way history repeats. Last time is was micro transactions and $3000 jeans everyone else was mad about, while I didn't really care about that, at the same time they completely fubar'ed the inventory ui, forcing me to quit.

This time is is massive, hamfisted nerfs at fighters that I really could care less about, while they the soundscape up so bad I can't play.

Time for another long break, I will check back in a few months to see if ccp can find it's head.
Phice Anxu
Genetix Research Corporation
#288 - 2017-06-14 12:45:16 UTC
I said earlier that too much simplification will only complexify everything, and that I was about to disable sounds completely.

It is now done. Audio disabled. Too difficult to get exactly what I want, nearly no sounds from my headphones as I setted most of the remaining groups too low, so it is easier this way. After all, it is not like I didn't play at EVE without sounds for years before the AAS, so why not one or more years, heh ?

The first MMO in history where no audio is better. It is a shame that I can't change my name, I would add [nosound] like some players do in CS:GO and some others FPS games.

CCP nerfed the AAS, still they added new sounds in the last patch :
- Added atmospheric audio to several in-space assets

The game will become a feast of sounds. I wonder what is the type/age of customers that they want to satisfy ?
Iron'Kran
Cyber Collapse.
Fanatic Legion.
#289 - 2017-06-14 12:47:19 UTC
Malice Redeemer wrote:
It is amusing to me the way history repeats. Last time is was micro transactions and $3000 jeans everyone else was mad about, while I didn't really care about that, at the same time they completely fubar'ed the inventory ui, forcing me to quit.

This time is is massive, hamfisted nerfs at fighters that I really could care less about, while they the soundscape up so bad I can't play.

Time for another long break, I will check back in a few months to see if ccp can find it's head.

Yep. I also stopped subscription.

2CCP, patch 119.5 is ugly. See you in a few months.
Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#290 - 2017-06-14 15:37:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominous Nolen
Iron'Kran wrote:

Yep. I also stopped subscription.

2CCP, patch 119.5 is ugly. See you in a few months.

My reoccurring subs have been stopped (mainly due to the fact CCP doesn't notify when they are going to dip into my accounts and thanks to the ESI changes no out of game notifications trigger on third party developed tools), but also I'm not logging in as actively due to the fact my sounds causing me discomfort after extended play sessions.

I have tinnitus in my one ear and the constant droning of the back ground stuff/warp effects/atomsphic sounds, etc I need to leave on for the sake of the critical stuff I need in a headset causes me to want to step away from the keyboard after a few hours.

Losing the granularity of controls severely limits my play time because I can no longer balance things like I was once able to.

Edit:

Now I have a reload sound (cargo warning?) on my weapons that I cannot turn off.

Can we please refrain from adding more sounds until you guys sort this audio menu out?

Some comment from the audio team would be welcomed here. CCP Antiquarian has been a stand up champ to drive feedback to them (And I can't thank him enough for keeping active in this thread and making sure we're getting heard), but we need to know whats happening and approximate timelines.

@dominousnolen

Dihi San
Lucky Few
#291 - 2017-06-18 14:19:51 UTC
so CCP, when are you going to fix your sound settings so I can enable sound again? Ugh
Felyx Ravencroft
#292 - 2017-06-19 18:59:45 UTC
So, while not *exactly* on topic, this is very much related: the new "reload" sound - all I can say is "WTF, seriously!" It's unnecessary - I KNOW when I've ordered a reload! However, if the audio feedback is somehow deemed ABSOLUTELY vital, then a very very brief and understated 'blip" or tick would suffice plenty. At this point, if someone reloads at the same time as someone/thing appears on grid, the latter sound is completely obscured - and no, this is NOT an invitation to turn THAT into some sort of klaxon! Please, tone down the reload notification, and while I'm here, I'd like to reiterate my appeal to restore the previously excellent audio controls.
Eleonora Solete
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#293 - 2017-06-21 02:27:35 UTC
still trying to understand why the pointless change.
are developers trying to do something just to justify the fat salaries they're paid?
Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#294 - 2017-06-22 01:39:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominous Nolen

@dominousnolen

Arline Kley
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#295 - 2017-07-02 20:49:21 UTC
So.. anything? Or are we going to be stonewalled further?

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#296 - 2017-07-04 13:31:56 UTC
Hey Arline.

No stonewalling. I've been out of the office so not available for general communication work, and the Audio Director is away on leave. Any further work here requires his approval so no changes are presently scheduled for release.

When there is additional news, I will update this thread (possibly with a link to a new one, depending on the time frame).

"Singularity pilots are helpful pilots."

@CCP_Antiquarian - for immediate fulfillment of your archaic social media needs.

Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#297 - 2017-07-04 13:32:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominous Nolen
Posted on the new "forums" in regards to this matter.

https://meta.eveonline.com/t/advanced-audio-feedback-feature-requests/7139/2

@dominousnolen

Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#298 - 2017-07-04 13:43:15 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
Hey Arline.

No stonewalling. I've been out of the office so not available for general communication work, and the Audio Director is away on leave. Any further work here requires his approval so no changes are presently scheduled for release.

When there is additional news, I will update this thread (possibly with a link to a new one, depending on the time frame).

Thanks for the update. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

@dominousnolen

Vensho Kheelhu
Perkone
Caldari State
#299 - 2017-07-04 14:33:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Vensho Kheelhu
Likes having high sound customization.
Dislikes having invested hours into customization to having customization removed.
Will consider 3rd party apps that allow customization to advance my advantage over lazy/stupid players.

After experiencing this live, I still miss my customized settings. Not game breaking to lose it, however still displeased. Open to having to run a 3rd party app to enable customization.

I also propose expanding on customized sound settings to find out what people are disabling to remove those altogether and/or putting them on review for replacement as part of player experience enhacement.
Arline Kley
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#300 - 2017-07-04 17:39:56 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
Hey Arline.

Good, hopefully some of that will be buffing the audio settings with more actual options, which haven't affected the inactive client for some strange reason.

Please note that i'll not be posting on the new forums in regards to this until the forums are locked (but I'll reference anything quoted here).

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57