These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[March] Rorqual and Mining changes

First post First post First post
Author
Tribal Trogdor
Doomheim
#21 - 2017-02-23 18:02:36 UTC
lanyaie wrote:
Tribal Trogdor wrote:
Quote:
Initial activation of the PANIC module would require the Rorqual to have an active target lock on an asteroid.

So...if you go in and jam a rorq before he panics, he cant panic? that sounds like a pretty bad fix to the problem here

They are immune to ECM in industrial core

Yes, but you don't technically have to be running the core to be relevant :P
Scotsman Howard
S0utherN Comfort
#22 - 2017-02-23 18:02:53 UTC
LOL can't be having supers and titan prices falling to much now can we.
Jay Amazingness
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#23 - 2017-02-23 18:03:09 UTC
I feel like people will just wait until the ore anom is dead and then be like I HAVE YOU NOW RORQUAL SCUM and tackle them.

CEO of serious space alliance I too am gay, a member of the Memeperium

Igzorn Buelle
#24 - 2017-02-23 18:03:42 UTC
on the subject of "Other misc mining changes" can we have some better selection of ores in combat sites ? i would love to see "combat mining " as a viable playstyle. Blink
Wibla
Tactical Narcotics Team
#25 - 2017-02-23 18:03:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Wibla
Didn't see that nerf coming - oh wait, who am I kidding.

If you want to make the mineral market healthier, have a look at the ore composition in nullsec ore anoms vs mineral usage. Mexallon is a bottleneck, while some other minerals are basically waste material at this point.

The PANIC mod change is at least a first stab at a solution.
Tappits
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#26 - 2017-02-23 18:03:56 UTC
So you are removing the panic from rorquals then?
Because you just wait till the anomaly is poped and then warp in tackle all the rorquals and kill them all super quick with no chance to panic.
Schlampa
Doomheim
#27 - 2017-02-23 18:04:31 UTC
That PANIC change is hilarious.
Xynthiar
#28 - 2017-02-23 18:04:54 UTC
Edit: derp
Andrew Xadi
TerraTroopers
Get Off My Lawn
#29 - 2017-02-23 18:05:51 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
  • Initial activation of the PANIC module would require the Rorqual to have an active target lock on an asteroid.
!

so if i jam a rorqual, it can't panic, if i catch a rorqual after it killed a belt, it can't panic, why can't you just make it so that you can't panic like 20 min after jumping?
Inomares
Tax Evasion Corporation 3
#30 - 2017-02-23 18:07:19 UTC
So we're looking at:
- 25% lower yield on paper (110m3/60s vs 220m3/90s)
- More travel time due to lower cycle times, meaning lower yield (hard to tell how much)
- Even more travel time due to asteroids being spaced out, meaning lower yield yet

Excavator prices are still crazy high, and perhaps more importantly heavy water prices across the universe are going absolutely crazy without any signs of slowing down. I'm wondering if, all in all, this couldn't be a bit too much to hit the rorq with all at once?
Enochia Starr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2017-02-23 18:07:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Enochia Starr
I think the nerf is too high, the current problem is mineral prices... There's just so much supply with little demand, another B-R needs to happen so we can lose 200 titans and drive the prices back up. With the above mentioned from the other guy, we're already shelling out 10b in drones... Now you want to knock the yield? Hmm
Tribal Trogdor
Doomheim
#32 - 2017-02-23 18:08:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Tribal Trogdor
Andrew Xadi wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
  • Initial activation of the PANIC module would require the Rorqual to have an active target lock on an asteroid.
!

so if i jam a rorqual, it can't panic, if i catch a rorqual after it killed a belt, it can't panic, why can't you just make it so that you can't panic like 20 min after jumping?

All they need to do is give it the system as the NSA. Cant use ewar while you have it running. Solves the problem, right?...Right?
Enochia Starr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2017-02-23 18:09:31 UTC
Tribal Trogdor wrote:
Andrew Xadi wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
!

All they need to do is give it them system as the NSA. Cant use ewar while you have it running. Solves the problem, right?...Right?

This, exactly this.
handige harrie
Vereenigde Handels Compagnie
#34 - 2017-02-23 18:10:07 UTC  |  Edited by: handige harrie
What about excavator drone costs?

This just reads as the biggest fuckup in introducing an overpowerd feature that can't be properly balanced since introducing Super capitals

Baddest poster ever

SouthsideDevil
Tranquility Tavern
Pandemic Horde
#35 - 2017-02-23 18:10:15 UTC
Ok now i must buy me 2 additional Rorqs for the same income **** happens
Tribal Trogdor
Doomheim
#36 - 2017-02-23 18:10:36 UTC
Enochia Starr wrote:
I think the nerf is too high, the current problem is mineral prices... There's just so much supply with little demand, another B-R needs to happen so we can lose 200 titans and drive the prices back up. With the above mentioned from the other guy, we're already shelling out 10b in drones... Now you want to knock the yield? Hmm

That's why they're lowering the supply
The Slayer
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#37 - 2017-02-23 18:10:55 UTC
Tappits wrote:
Because you just wait till the anomaly is poped and then warp in tackle all the rorquals and kill them all super quick with no chance to panic.

Leave merc to last. Warp rorquals out. Mine merc with barges. Duh.
Sophia Baccarin
State War Academy
Caldari State
#38 - 2017-02-23 18:11:39 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Max locked targets = 0 when in PANIC.

A much easier solution to all of the problems with this module.
Jay Amazingness
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#39 - 2017-02-23 18:12:24 UTC
The Slayer wrote:
Tappits wrote:

Leave merc to last. Warp rorquals out. Mine merc with barges. Duh.

strategic mining planning from goonswarm's finest, nice one slayer

CEO of serious space alliance I too am gay, a member of the Memeperium

Atlas Aurilia
The League Of Unwanted Capsuleers
#40 - 2017-02-23 18:12:53 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

PANIC Module:
We have been keeping a close eye on potential issues related to the PANIC module for a while, and although we are overall quite happy with the module we are interested in reducing the power of a few uses, primarily use for fleet tackle and cyno lighting, as well as an escape method for entosis operations.
To reduce the power of the PANIC module in these situations while also preserving all of its power for defending mining Rorquals and their fleets we are currently planning the following change:

So your saying Jump in a falcon and your ******? won't be able to activate panic beacuse you can't hold a lock on a rock to enable panic?