These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Devsite blog: Introducing the ESI API

First post
Author
Muscaat
EVE Markets
#21 - 2016-11-09 17:12:12 UTC
For those not following in Slack: the Trello board I linked to has now turned into the Github project...

Invitations to Tweetfleet on Slack are requested via Steve Ronuken's site.
Althalus Stenory
Flying Blacksmiths
#22 - 2016-11-09 17:13:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Althalus Stenory
Mara Rinn wrote:
How do I join the community on Trello or Slack?

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/tweetfleet-slack-invites/ (you have to login using the SSO)

edit: too slow :( ^^

EsiPy - Python 2.7 / 3.3+ Swagger Client based on pyswagger for ESI

CCP SnowedIn
C C P
C C P Alliance
#23 - 2016-11-09 17:21:57 UTC
Muscaat wrote:
For those not following in Slack: the Trello board I linked to has now turned into the Github project...

Invitations to Tweetfleet on Slack are requested via Steve Ronuken's site.

thanks mate, was just about to post that (migrated trello => github)

CCP SnowedIn // Distributed Systems Engineer // Team Tech Co // @CCP_SnowedIn

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#24 - 2016-11-09 21:39:02 UTC
Apparently I was already on Tweetfleet Slack.

Thank you for moving to GitHub. One less account to keep track of Shocked
Aineko Macx
#25 - 2016-11-10 09:41:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Aineko Macx
I'm just starting to look into ESI, but it looks promising :)

One thing I'd like to see is inclusion of the required scopes for endpoints in swagger.json, so we don't have to hardcode them.

EDIT: You still haven't fixed the URL length limit of your auth server that prevents us from requesting many scopes, have you?

PS.: OAuth is still not an SSO.
erittainvarma
Fistful of Finns
#26 - 2016-11-10 11:34:27 UTC
So when we can use this?
Althalus Stenory
Flying Blacksmiths
#27 - 2016-11-10 12:47:26 UTC
Aineko Macx wrote:
One thing I'd like to see is inclusion of the required scopes for endpoints in swagger.json, so we don't have to hardcode them.

Aren't they already in ?
As far as i can see, there are security list in each endpoints requiring some scope permission.

EsiPy - Python 2.7 / 3.3+ Swagger Client based on pyswagger for ESI

Aineko Macx
#28 - 2016-11-10 13:04:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Aineko Macx
Althalus Stenory wrote:
Aineko Macx wrote:

Aren't they already in ?
As far as i can see, there are security list in each endpoints requiring some scope permission.

You are right.
Sergei Alexeyev
Down South
#29 - 2016-11-10 18:20:03 UTC
For the love of god, add the alliance member count on /alliances/alliance_id! I can't imagine looping over all the corporations..
Jack Bladder
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2016-11-11 17:49:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Bladder
With the XML API, I can retrieve the character information, and most importantly the character id, using a key id and verification code. How do I do this in this brand new world? The characters/ urls already expect the {character_id} to return a response, so I must obtain it from somewhere else. But where? How?
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2016-11-12 14:25:33 UTC
This looks great! When will it be stable enough that we can switch our apps? What is the time frame for getting all the current API/CREST endpoints migrated?

Thanks!

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Dirk Morbho
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2016-11-12 17:14:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirk Morbho
Please make sure not to repeat the mistakes of the past.

1) ASPX won't cut it: run it on unix, not windows (I've blatantly made the assumption you are running the XML API on a windows box since it's ASPX P )

2) CREST doesn't give you the grouptype IDs when you query the ItemtypeID. Cross-referencing becomes lotsa extra work.

3) Help the server load out by using a caching proxy server in front of the main server that respects the cache timers. Varnish Cache is in my mind right now.

Looking forward to the new gizmo!! Keep up the good work lads!
Crashys
State War Academy
Caldari State
#33 - 2016-11-14 15:21:38 UTC
Can we use the accessTokens as we've been using with CREST to authenticate ESI endpoints?
If so will it be the same way by using ?accessToken= *** ?

Legedric Striker
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#34 - 2016-11-17 19:05:49 UTC
Added Issues #93, #94 and #95 to github.

All issues are about character information that's absolutely necessary to do skill training calculations. With the current state of ESI they are simply impossible as it lacks things like character attributes, current active set of implants and the new clone state.

EVE-Skillplan.net - Plan your pilot skill training online on PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone!

Pizza Thief
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#35 - 2016-11-18 08:36:10 UTC
o7 CCP & Independant Devs,

Just wanted to bring a small issue (I think) to attention. Currently the Swagger client at https://esi.tech.ccp.is/dev/ and https://esi.tech.ccp.is/latest/ show "GET /corporations/{corporation_id}/roles/ | Get Corporation Members" when I assume the part after the vertical pipe is supposed to read "Get Corporation Roles".

On that same entry the SSO scope says "esi-corporations.read_corporation_membership.v1" where I expect it is supposed to read "esi-corporations.read_corporation_roles.v1". Hope this helps!

o7 Pizza Thief
Pizza Thief
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#36 - 2016-11-18 08:40:54 UTC
Sorry to spam the forum but I had another question,

On https://esi.tech.ccp.is/legacy/ there are multiple functions including "GET /alliances/{alliance ID}/" that are labeled as deprecated, however they still exist in https://esi.tech.ccp.is/latest/ and https://esi.tech.ccp.is/dev/ so I'm wondering if this is something we should ignore?

Thanks!
o7 Pizza Thief
Crashys
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2016-11-18 15:01:08 UTC
Error: Server Error

The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.
Please try again in 30 seconds.

RIP ESI 2016-2016
Alt Two
Caldari Capital Construction Inc.
#38 - 2016-11-18 16:17:34 UTC
What happened to all the corp and alliance endpoints in ESI? Yesterday they where there but now they're gone, even in legacy.
Crashys
State War Academy
Caldari State
#39 - 2016-11-19 16:11:15 UTC
Yeah... it would be nice to see ESI endpoints restored...

Corporation, Alliance, etc... doesn't give much help when we start preparing the big change when ESI is taken down... :)

Please. :)
Michdelle Arnoux
Horde Armada
Pandemic Horde
#40 - 2016-11-19 18:59:18 UTC
I had written my entire app in the new system (being new to Eve) and am now finding all the market APIs are no longer live (with no idea when they'll return). Is there any way to find out this information? If this was planned, would be good to have a spot to go to determine when APIs will be up / down and when to start relying on them.