These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Devsite blog: Introducing the ESI API

First post
Author
Alt Two
Caldari Capital Construction Inc.
#41 - 2016-11-19 22:09:11 UTC
I'm in the same position. I had just finished my market app late at night, and when I woke up the next day I found that they had vanished and I had to rewrite the whole thing for CREST instead.
There's even a (not surprisingly very empty) thread just below this one where CCP said they would announce breaking changes to the API. Deleting several endpoints seems like a breaking change to me.
Kentaro Kawaii
Underground Liberation Resistance Corps
Void Republic
#42 - 2016-11-19 22:51:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Kentaro Kawaii
wow I spent half the day looking for the market endpoints, I knew I saw them earlier this week and was looking for where they went, but they're gone... and no mention of what happened to them until I saw these posts here...

Is there a changelog? What happened to the endpoints?
Dax Buchanan
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2016-11-19 23:14:37 UTC
+1 to writing my app using the new API only to have the endpoints removed.

Doesn't give much confidence in using this API if major breaking changes like this will be made without notice.
Yoann POLICHOUZ
Les Petits Pedestres
Toilet Paper.
#44 - 2016-11-20 06:54:30 UTC
Same here.
I've worked yesterday to get a market fetching order system up, and today, "error no route" !

What's wrong with ESI ? Evil

By the way, a migration of "crest Industry" to esi (the system manufacturing indexes) will be nice Big smile
LiteralCookie
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#45 - 2016-11-20 09:57:48 UTC  |  Edited by: LiteralCookie
Alt Two wrote:
I'm in the same position. I had just finished my market app late at night, and when I woke up the next day I found that they had vanished and I had to rewrite the whole thing for CREST instead.
There's even a (not surprisingly very empty) thread just below this one where CCP said they would announce breaking changes to the API. Deleting several endpoints seems like a breaking change to me.


Agreed... they need to stop breaking stuff!

This is the "Official EVE Swagger update Thread":
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=499251&find=unread

But not a peep about deleting Market endpoint. I need that endpoint! :(

Not cool that they suggested the other two API methods, xml and CREST might be going away in a year.
Luzz Achell
NextGen Industries
#46 - 2016-11-21 02:05:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Luzz Achell
I noticed that the market end point disappeared on Friday(or Thursday?) and reappeared later that day and then disappeared again on Saturday. I did notice as I was testing Saturday I started to get more and more errors so maybe it's just being switched off for technical issues. Would be great to have it noted somewhere to keep everyone updated.
LiteralCookie
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#47 - 2016-11-21 08:53:05 UTC  |  Edited by: LiteralCookie
Luzz Achell wrote:
I noticed that the market end point disappeared on Friday(or Thursday?) and reappeared later that day and then disappeared again on Saturday. I did notice as I was testing Saturday I started to get more and more errors so maybe it's just being switched off for technical issues. Would be great to have it noted somewhere to keep everyone updated.
Unfortunately the swagger thread is thread locked. So no way to know when or if they are getting closer to getting it to work. But it's hard for me to write semantic algorithms when there's no pattern to properly import the data from. I'm a huge fan of json, so that probably aggrivates me even more because I don't want to touch xml.

To be fair, I know where incredibly lucky that CCP even considers 3rd party developers this way. There are lots of games that don't have the most basic of interfaces.

Edit: It looks like the market endpoint is available, and has been for the past 12 hours. Awesome!
KwibbiaN
Hotel Moscow
#48 - 2016-11-23 16:20:40 UTC
Nice work!

But how to get account information, like clone state (omega,alpha) and when it will expire as omega?
Yoann POLICHOUZ
Les Petits Pedestres
Toilet Paper.
#49 - 2016-11-23 19:44:36 UTC
Market is back online Big smile
David Davaham
Deep Blue Logistics
#50 - 2016-11-24 19:07:13 UTC
Can somebody please tell me when we are going to get access the Mail endpoints. Or am I doing something wrong?

Developer of EVEmail

Yoann POLICHOUZ
Les Petits Pedestres
Toilet Paper.
#51 - 2016-12-03 17:34:27 UTC
/industry/systems/ send 404 get_industry_systems-v1 not supported
Yoann POLICHOUZ
Les Petits Pedestres
Toilet Paper.
#52 - 2016-12-11 13:24:44 UTC
Industry is way too much unstable.
Unusable.
Sir Constantin
#53 - 2016-12-14 13:48:08 UTC
Hello,
Sorry if it's a little off-topic but I started learning programming/python a month ago and I want to learn more by doing a small project like a small app that pulls the wallet and some PI data.
My questions are, what is the best library to make api requests, what's the best library to parse the data and what documentation do I need to learn to get good?

David Davaham
Deep Blue Logistics
#54 - 2016-12-14 15:57:17 UTC
Sir Constantin wrote:
Hello,
Sorry if it's a little off-topic but I started learning programming/python a month ago and I want to learn more by doing a small project like a small app that pulls the wallet and some PI data.
My questions are, what is the best library to make api requests, what's the best library to parse the data and what documentation do I need to learn to get good?




Create a new topic on the forums and I will be glad to help you. This thread is for announcements regarding ESI

Developer of EVEmail

Golden Gnu
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2016-12-20 16:32:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Golden Gnu
A list of what jEveAssets needs to move to ESI:

Need both character and corporation APIs:
-Account Balance
-Assets
-Contracts + ContractsItems
-Industry Jobs
-Journal
-Market Orders
-Transactions

Others APIs:
-Resolve locationIDs not in the SDE (Conquerable Stations and Citadels)
-Detect if items is a blueprint copy or original: Assets/Contracts/Industry Jobs (Market orders is not needed unless it become possible to sell blueprint copies via the market)
-Resolve characterIDs and corporationIDs to names
-Get in-game names of containers and ships

EDIT:
Wishlist:
-Assets in customs offices and on planets

Creator of jEveAssets - the asset manager

"Download is the meaning of life, upload is the meaning of intelligent life"

Dyceress
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#56 - 2017-01-02 22:21:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Dyceress
ESI appears to be down right now? Getting 502 Bad Gateway errors even when trying to view its documentation.

EDIT: Back up as of now (~30-40min later)!
Dyceress
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#57 - 2017-01-03 00:33:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Dyceress
Yoann POLICHOUZ wrote:
Same here.
I've worked yesterday to get a market fetching order system up, and today, "error no route" !

What's wrong with ESI ? Evil

By the way, a migration of "crest Industry" to esi (the system manufacturing indexes) will be nice Big smile



Hmm, Market APIs have just disappeared again -- from Legacy, Latest and Dev. They were here in the last hour or two.

EDIT: Back in the APIs list and no longer returning 404s :-) (1:21am Eve).
Cryten Jones
Advantage Inc
The Matari Consortium
#58 - 2017-01-10 16:52:05 UTC
Can we get a Route planner path please?

Send it start and end location with a flag for autopilot safety preference .

Returns the number of jumps and the path as as list.


David Davaham
Deep Blue Logistics
#59 - 2017-01-10 21:12:01 UTC  |  Edited by: David Davaham
Cryten Jones wrote:
Can we get a Route planner path please?

Send it start and end location with a flag for autopilot safety preference .

Returns the number of jumps and the path as as list.





Go to Github at the link below and submit an issue which is also a request. I doubt it will be created though. That sounds link a perfect project for a Third party though.

https://github.com/ccpgames/esi-issues

Developer of EVEmail

Mr Twinkie
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#60 - 2017-01-11 18:09:17 UTC
ESI super unreliable for anyone else? Have had to add catches that revert back to API for pretty much everything