These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EXEFILE Login To Be Discontinued On September 20th

First post First post
Author
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#281 - 2016-09-19 14:33:56 UTC
Kenneth Feld wrote:
CCP Avalon wrote:
Greetings capsuleers!

Earlier today we deployed UI version 1032 to the development version of the EVE launcher, and started testing against the "forgot account" issue.
We hope to complete testing soon, so we may deploy it live, but in the mean time you can try it out by switching to the developer version of the launcher.

How-to:
Open the launcher preferences (E symbol on Windows) -> Settings -> Version type: [Development]

If you encounter further issues with the launcher forgetting accounts on 1032, please file a bug report with that number in the title or body!

Edit:
Please remember that you have to enable "Automatic login" for the launcher to login your pinned accounts.

Edit 2:
Version 1032 should now be available for all users on the release version.
If you did upgrade to the development version of the launcher we recommend that you revert to the release version, as the dev version may experience rapid updates with less stability.
Happened this morning - CCP Games Customer Support. Your ticket (258225)

Hmm, looking back I prolly should have submitted a bug report, but i didn't look, I just clicked support on the launcher and that is where it sent me.....so, if you don't like it, maybe you should fix where it sends you :)
We should send you to the bug reporting system when you want direct customer support?

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#282 - 2016-09-19 15:35:37 UTC
Cannot login today.
Says "libmfxsw32.dll" is corrupted. Running repair.exe yields error with the following log:

http://clip2net.com/s/3CooCRu
(forum does not allow to post it as text)

Any ideas?
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#283 - 2016-09-19 19:56:53 UTC
Are you using the new launcher, not the old launcher
Iv d'Este
Private Security Squad
#284 - 2016-09-20 11:15:39 UTC
Iv d'Este wrote:
The launcher can be baпged at any time, that often happened. While it will be repaired can take hours, days. This is a very very disturbing change.

I was talking about something like this
http://imgur.com/1iaoDcB

The situation, when all was well, you're finished playing, and the next day when you start the launcher appears simply white window and no buttons.

And the horror of that earlier I knew how to run the game, and now forced to just sit and look at this white window.

It healed itself after a while. But why it was, because of what it is to fix and how long to wait for the next time I do not know.
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#285 - 2016-09-20 13:15:57 UTC
Skia Aumer wrote:
Cannot login today.
Says "libmfxsw32.dll" is corrupted. Running repair.exe yields error with the following log:

http://clip2net.com/s/3CooCRu
(forum does not allow to post it as text)

Any ideas?
Neither the old Launcher nor the Repair Tool are supported anymore. Are you using the new Launcher?

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Emmy Chelien
Assault Squadron Indigo
Apocalypse Now.
#286 - 2016-09-20 13:46:10 UTC

The launcher never worked for me. Empty transparent window with no content displayed - I can only see the border of the launcher window as black lines. I used to right-click the laucnher icon in the task bar, select server list, click on tranquility and then login in the client window opened. This has been discontinued so I cannot play eve any more. Great!
Emmy Chelien
Assault Squadron Indigo
Apocalypse Now.
#287 - 2016-09-20 14:01:29 UTC
Emmy Chelien wrote:

The launcher never worked for me. Empty transparent window with no content displayed - I can only see the border of the launcher window as black lines. I used to right-click the laucnher icon in the task bar, select server list, click on tranquility and then login in the client window opened. This has been discontinued so I cannot play eve any more. Great!

BTW: I have version 1069348 of the launcher. This seems to be the newest version
Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#288 - 2016-09-20 14:49:59 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Neither the old Launcher nor the Repair Tool are supported anymore. Are you using the new Launcher?

I dont. My desktop is running WinXP. Looks like game over for me, at least for a while.
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#289 - 2016-09-20 15:13:32 UTC
Skia Aumer wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
I dont. My desktop is running WinXP. Looks like game over for me, at least for a while.
Yes, sorry, but Windows XP is no longer supported either.

Estidalor
Doomheim
#290 - 2016-09-20 15:26:05 UTC
There are many people out there still using win vista or xp that have no desire to upgrade their os or pc. It seems crazy to me that CCP has decided cut those people loose.

The new launcher obviously is not as popular as you think based on the 15 pages of complaints here. Please rethink your decision and give us back this oft preferred method of login.
Rach Lieber
Fellowship of Miners
#291 - 2016-09-20 15:31:35 UTC
Is the Launcher the completely black window with a little E at the top? if i click the E and select server list and try to log in I cannot.
How do I play EVE now!?
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#292 - 2016-09-20 15:48:38 UTC
Rach Lieber wrote:
Is the Launcher the completely black window with a little E at the top? if i click the E and select server list and try to log in I cannot. How do I play EVE now!?
Please try the instructions in https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/210035165-Launcher-window-white-black-or-transparent-

CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#293 - 2016-09-20 15:59:34 UTC
Estidalor wrote:
There are many people out there still using win vista or xp that have no desire to upgrade their os or pc. It seems crazy to me that CCP has decided cut those people loose.
That's indeed not the case that many were using these operating systems based on our metrics. Usage of Windows XP and Vista had become very minimal, the overhead of testing on those platforms had become a burden, and having to maintain compatibility with them was hindering development. We detailed this in our announcement in Feb this year: https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/changes-to-os-minimum-requirements/
Estidalor wrote:
The new launcher obviously is not as popular as you think based on the 15 pages of complaints here. Please rethink your decision and give us back this oft preferred method of login.
Based on our metrics, since the new Launcher was released in 2015 (beta in Oct, first release Dec) it had become the choice of the vast majority of players before we announced our plans to deprecate the old Launcher and our plans to close the legacy login method.

All the work and plans were based on metrics.

Rach Lieber
Fellowship of Miners
#294 - 2016-09-20 16:01:32 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Rach Lieber wrote:
Is the Launcher the completely black window with a little E at the top? if i click the E and select server list and try to log in I cannot. How do I play EVE now!?
Please try the instructions in https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/210035165-Launcher-window-white-black-or-transparent-

Hi, again, all this did was prevent the launcher from opening at all.. not sure what to do from here?
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#295 - 2016-09-20 16:07:38 UTC
Rach Lieber wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Rach Lieber wrote:

Hi, again, all this did was prevent the launcher from opening at all.. not sure what to do from here?

Make sure your desktop is set to 32 bit color - see http://www.guidingtech.com/9914/change-from-16-bit-to-32-bit-color-windows-7/ for instructions, for example.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Rach Lieber
Fellowship of Miners
#296 - 2016-09-20 16:22:47 UTC
Fixed, THANK YOU!!! Apparently some program had switched me to 16 bit color switching back to 32 bit fixed everything.
enotsmirb
Eire Engineers
Pandemic Horde
#297 - 2016-09-20 16:23:16 UTC  |  Edited by: enotsmirb
Skia Aumer wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:

I don't. My desktop is running WinXP. Looks like game over for me, at least for a while.

Sad
Estidalor
Doomheim
#298 - 2016-09-20 23:32:27 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Estidalor wrote:
That's indeed not the case that many were using these operating systems based on our metrics. Usage of Windows XP and Vista had become very minimal, the overhead of testing on those platforms had become a burden, and having to maintain compatibility with them was hindering development. We detailed this in our announcement in Feb this year: https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/changes-to-os-minimum-requirements/
Estidalor wrote:
Based on our metrics, since the new Launcher was released in 2015 (beta in Oct, first release Dec) it had become the choice of the vast majority of players before we announced our plans to deprecate the old Launcher and our plans to close the legacy login method.

All the work and plans were based on metrics.

Based on our metrics. what a joke. You may have released it back in 2015 but people weren't forced to use it until now.

You released the new map and probe scanning a while ago too but I know of noone that uses that either. But oh as long as your metrics say it is so......
Spiezor
Puffheads almost anonymous
#299 - 2016-09-21 11:11:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Spiezor
T +1 and I can still log on with XP.
I'm very glad CCP seem to have changed their minds, and I doubt I'm the only one. CCP's net stats may say use is minimal, but global stats say XP is still being used on more than 10% of machines globally.
Personally I won't upgrade to any MS OS, I looked at Vista, horrible, win 7 is meh, and tbh I've heard nothing but complaints about 8 & 10.
when the time comes I'll migrate to linux, until then I hope CCP re-evaluates their decision to get rid of XP.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#300 - 2016-09-21 11:56:08 UTC
Spiezor wrote:
T +1 and I can still log on with XP.
I'm very glad CCP seem to have changed their minds, and I doubt I'm the only one. CCP's net stats may say use is minimal, but global stats say XP is still being used on more than 10% of machines globally.
Personally I won't upgrade to any MS OS, I looked at Vista, horrible, win 7 is meh, and tbh I've heard nothing but complaints about 8 & 10.
when the time comes I'll migrate to linux, until then I hope CCP re-evaluates their decision to get rid of XP.

CCP won't reevaluate that decision.

XP isn't supported by Microsoft. It's not going to be supported by new hardware. It can't be bought any more. Supporting it, from CCPs side, is a really bad idea. Especially as, long term, they're wanting to get rid of DX9 too.

I've been using windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, and to be honest, I've had no trouble with them. Nice stable OSes.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter